HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Soccer
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

La Liga 2012-13 II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-16-2013, 02:53 PM
  #276
Savi
Registered User
 
Savi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bruges, Belgium
Country: Belgium
Posts: 3,439
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Savi
Messi scored his 300th and 301st career goals in a 2-1 come from behind win at Granada.

His 14th straight game with at least a goal, and he's got 37 in La Liga now.

Savi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:22 PM
  #277
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 250
Ramos gets sent off, what an absurd call. I thought bad calls don't happen to big teams?

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:58 PM
  #278
Evilo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: France
Country: France
Posts: 27,034
vCash: 432
Varane dominant once again.

I love how Mourinho whines after every single call, even the most obvious....

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:07 PM
  #279
Savi
Registered User
 
Savi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bruges, Belgium
Country: Belgium
Posts: 3,439
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Savi
By the end of his career, Ramos will be the most red carded player in La Liga history I think.

Savi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:20 PM
  #280
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Ramos gets sent off, what an absurd call. I thought bad calls don't happen to big teams?
It was already 2-0... in Madrid. Clearly deserved, along with Ronaldo's yellow. And again Ronaldo whined like a *****.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 06:05 PM
  #281
Slopo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
Whats the future like for Morata? Starter? Spot-starter but mostly bench role?

Slopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:22 PM
  #282
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopo View Post
Whats the future like for Morata? Starter? Spot-starter but mostly bench role?
IMO he can be a regular team player on any other team in La Liga. Madrid's Castilla players are the best young players in Spain right after Barcelona but unfortunately their philosophy is to buy the best and sell the rest. I think it would be great for Madrid to bring up their own players. Hell, they'd have Juan Mata, Alvaro Negredo, Roberto Soldado, Daniel Carvajal on the roster at this point.

I'm pretty sure Higuian and DiMaria are gone/sold at seasons end which may open up some room.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:38 PM
  #283
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,972
vCash: 536
Yay what do you know Deportivo scored a goal and we're winning

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:17 PM
  #284
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,972
vCash: 536
Lol 3 subs all together for Madrid Ronaldo , Khedira, and Ozil...Modric was about to kick a corner and you could just see the dejected look on his face walking to the bench lmao

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:47 PM
  #285
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,972
vCash: 536
Well that sucks heartbreaker, but what can you do our season's lost, but we should've gotten a point at least we had some really good chances

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:50 AM
  #286
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 9,200
vCash: 500
It's funny seeing a match like this right after the Milan match. Great to see some of the things I think the team could do differently to beat a packed in defense paying off. We saw more crosses and definitely more dribbling and taking on the opposing player. In fact it was crosses and dribbling that both were present in the goals.


Of course sadly none of that came from Alexis Sanchez who I am finally losing faith in as well. He wasn't awful and put in the work, but doesn't like he's willing to even attempt to take on a player. His "rivals" if you will in Villa and Tello however were a different story. I liked a lot of what I saw from Villa off the ball and I thought his teammates did him a disservice in the first half as too much play went down the right. In fact IIRC Messi was on the ball once with Villa wide open on the left and he still played it right. He looked good off the ball when he moved into the middle as well and it was great to see him score. Tello immediately had an impact and still looks dangerous out there. He's so fast and he's not afraid to take a player on which is great. It actually got me to thinking of a far more expensive option in the Summer, one that would have done much better with the scoring chance. Anyway, the kid is dangerous and I would expect to see him against Madrid and Milan.


MOTM for me was Dani Alves. I'll start off by saying sure, he was on Botia for their goal, but even if Botia was his mark he's going to be mismatched in aerial battle all day long. That's not to mention him being outmuscled. Still apart from that he was quite good. Solid defensively and I liked what I saw going forward. His crossing is definitely improved and better than he's given credit for. His cross for Villa's goal was quite good. He was really impressive in the latter minutes of the match when he was the wide right player. He took on players and proved a dribbling threat even getting Botia carded on one nice play.


I also liked Thiago out there. Did well deputizing for Xavi. IMO he'll be the heir for that role. Liked him making a couple of runs with the ball too. In fact on the second goal I think it was him who made the run, drawing players in a bit and in part helping to leave Tello wide open on the right. Either way you could see the danger it caused and again we need to see more of it as we did this match.


While the result was fair, full credit to Sevilla for having a real go. Negredo should have done better with the opportunity he had. He did everything right with Rakitic's great ball until the finish. Still I think Sevilla showed you don't have put 10 behind the ball to play us.

les Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:05 PM
  #287
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
It's funny seeing a match like this right after the Milan match. Great to see some of the things I think the team could do differently to beat a packed in defense paying off. We saw more crosses and definitely more dribbling and taking on the opposing player. In fact it was crosses and dribbling that both were present in the goals.


Of course sadly none of that came from Alexis Sanchez who I am finally losing faith in as well. He wasn't awful and put in the work, but doesn't like he's willing to even attempt to take on a player. His "rivals" if you will in Villa and Tello however were a different story. I liked a lot of what I saw from Villa off the ball and I thought his teammates did him a disservice in the first half as too much play went down the right. In fact IIRC Messi was on the ball once with Villa wide open on the left and he still played it right. He looked good off the ball when he moved into the middle as well and it was great to see him score. Tello immediately had an impact and still looks dangerous out there. He's so fast and he's not afraid to take a player on which is great. It actually got me to thinking of a far more expensive option in the Summer, one that would have done much better with the scoring chance. Anyway, the kid is dangerous and I would expect to see him against Madrid and Milan.


MOTM for me was Dani Alves. I'll start off by saying sure, he was on Botia for their goal, but even if Botia was his mark he's going to be mismatched in aerial battle all day long. That's not to mention him being outmuscled. Still apart from that he was quite good. Solid defensively and I liked what I saw going forward. His crossing is definitely improved and better than he's given credit for. His cross for Villa's goal was quite good. He was really impressive in the latter minutes of the match when he was the wide right player. He took on players and proved a dribbling threat even getting Botia carded on one nice play.


I also liked Thiago out there. Did well deputizing for Xavi. IMO he'll be the heir for that role. Liked him making a couple of runs with the ball too. In fact on the second goal I think it was him who made the run, drawing players in a bit and in part helping to leave Tello wide open on the right. Either way you could see the danger it caused and again we need to see more of it as we did this match.


While the result was fair, full credit to Sevilla for having a real go. Negredo should have done better with the opportunity he had. He did everything right with Rakitic's great ball until the finish. Still I think Sevilla showed you don't have put 10 behind the ball to play us.
Nice write up. Sanchez has got to go at this point. Deulofeu and Cuenca need a shot with the bog boys. Also, I agree about Thiago which begs the question where Cesc belongs on this team. I think Sergi Roberto might be better suited to play alongside Thiago.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:05 PM
  #288
les Habs
Registered User
 
les Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Country: United States
Posts: 9,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Nice write up. Sanchez has got to go at this point. Deulofeu and Cuenca need a shot with the bog boys. Also, I agree about Thiago which begs the question where Cesc belongs on this team. I think Sergi Roberto might be better suited to play alongside Thiago.
Yeah, it's just sad about Sanchez. There's some class there, but he just lacks the confidence right now. He badly needs a couple of goals.

I'm not sure Cuenca gets another shot. Somebody would have to leave, but then you've got Deulofeu knocking on the door. In fact I could see Deulofeu getting some minutes later on this season if the league continues at this pace.

Well Cesc will always be a luxury if he's not starting and somewhat of a challenge if he is. I'd say he's definitely performed well since we signed him, though he does go in spurts. I think we'll see more from him as time goes on and that his importance will grow as guys like Xavi and Iniesta age. I still think he's a big part of that mid 20's group of Messi, Pique, Pedro and Busquets and those guys should all be playing together for years to come.

Well Sergi Roberto is one I worry about. He offers something different and I like him, but the midfield is packed already. Still he's pretty young yet and he's getting good experience in Segunda. I just worry that he won't get a shot.

les Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:08 AM
  #289
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
Yeah, it's just sad about Sanchez. There's some class there, but he just lacks the confidence right now. He badly needs a couple of goals.

I'm not sure Cuenca gets another shot. Somebody would have to leave, but then you've got Deulofeu knocking on the door. In fact I could see Deulofeu getting some minutes later on this season if the league continues at this pace.

Well Cesc will always be a luxury if he's not starting and somewhat of a challenge if he is. I'd say he's definitely performed well since we signed him, though he does go in spurts. I think we'll see more from him as time goes on and that his importance will grow as guys like Xavi and Iniesta age. I still think he's a big part of that mid 20's group of Messi, Pique, Pedro and Busquets and those guys should all be playing together for years to come.

Well Sergi Roberto is one I worry about. He offers something different and I like him, but the midfield is packed already. Still he's pretty young yet and he's getting good experience in Segunda. I just worry that he won't get a shot.
The midfield is indeed very crowded, but he does bring something else to that midfield that's very hard to pinpoint since he's all over the place. If anything, Jonathan Dos Santos needs to finally read the writing on the wall.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:19 PM
  #290
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 250
Piqué you moron!!!

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:22 PM
  #291
vsk92
Alltid IFK
 
vsk92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scotland.
Country: Finland
Posts: 6,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Piqué you moron!!!
Definetly a penalty

Then fabregas dived

vsk92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:25 PM
  #292
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 69,180
vCash: 50
Busquets telling Di Maria to get up. That's a good one.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:31 PM
  #293
#37
Registered User
 
#37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,403
vCash: 522
So, this might be the right time to discuss Danny Alves' defensive abilities...

#37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:33 PM
  #294
Edonator
The Mightiest Club
 
Edonator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vancouver
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 3,811
vCash: 500
Watching Barcelona go down the wing and have nobody to cross the ball into is sad.

Edonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:41 PM
  #295
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Busquets telling Di Maria to get up. That's a good one.
Di Marie is the bigger diver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
Watching Barcelona go down the wing and have nobody to cross the ball into is sad.
Yeah, because it worked out soo good when they had ibra.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:51 PM
  #296
vsk92
Alltid IFK
 
vsk92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scotland.
Country: Finland
Posts: 6,836
vCash: 500
Both teams will get players sent off

vsk92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:54 PM
  #297
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Both teams will get players sent off
Barca are more likely too, they've been way too frustrated for being down a goal. They need to calm down and play there game. Also where the hell is messi?

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:12 PM
  #298
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 14,306
vCash: 500
Barca players at HT :

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:19 PM
  #299
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 7,140
vCash: 558
Wow.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:20 PM
  #300
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 14,306
vCash: 500
woooooooooooooooooooooooo yes !!!!!!


Di Maria leaving Barbara Streisand in the dust

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.