Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

La Liga 2012-13 II

Old
02-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Savi

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Savi
Messi scored his 300th and 301st career goals in a 2-1 come from behind win at Granada.

His 14th straight game with at least a goal, and he's got 37 in La Liga now.

Savi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Ramos gets sent off, what an absurd call. I thought bad calls don't happen to big teams?

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Varane dominant once again.

I love how Mourinho whines after every single call, even the most obvious....

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:07 PM
Savi

Send a message via ICQ to Savi
By the end of his career, Ramos will be the most red carded player in La Liga history I think.

Savi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Ramos gets sent off, what an absurd call. I thought bad calls don't happen to big teams?
It was already 2-0... in Madrid. Clearly deserved, along with Ronaldo's yellow. And again Ronaldo whined like a *****.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Slopo

Whats the future like for Morata? Starter? Spot-starter but mostly bench role?

Slopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopo View Post
Whats the future like for Morata? Starter? Spot-starter but mostly bench role?
IMO he can be a regular team player on any other team in La Liga. Madrid's Castilla players are the best young players in Spain right after Barcelona but unfortunately their philosophy is to buy the best and sell the rest. I think it would be great for Madrid to bring up their own players. Hell, they'd have Juan Mata, Alvaro Negredo, Roberto Soldado, Daniel Carvajal on the roster at this point.

I'm pretty sure Higuian and DiMaria are gone/sold at seasons end which may open up some room.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
Yay what do you know Deportivo scored a goal and we're winning

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Lol 3 subs all together for Madrid Ronaldo , Khedira, and Ozil...Modric was about to kick a corner and you could just see the dejected look on his face walking to the bench lmao

Old
02-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Well that sucks heartbreaker, but what can you do our season's lost, but we should've gotten a point at least we had some really good chances

Old
02-24-2013, 02:50 AM
les Habs

It's funny seeing a match like this right after the Milan match. Great to see some of the things I think the team could do differently to beat a packed in defense paying off. We saw more crosses and definitely more dribbling and taking on the opposing player. In fact it was crosses and dribbling that both were present in the goals.

Of course sadly none of that came from Alexis Sanchez who I am finally losing faith in as well. He wasn't awful and put in the work, but doesn't like he's willing to even attempt to take on a player. His "rivals" if you will in Villa and Tello however were a different story. I liked a lot of what I saw from Villa off the ball and I thought his teammates did him a disservice in the first half as too much play went down the right. In fact IIRC Messi was on the ball once with Villa wide open on the left and he still played it right. He looked good off the ball when he moved into the middle as well and it was great to see him score. Tello immediately had an impact and still looks dangerous out there. He's so fast and he's not afraid to take a player on which is great. It actually got me to thinking of a far more expensive option in the Summer, one that would have done much better with the scoring chance. Anyway, the kid is dangerous and I would expect to see him against Madrid and Milan.

MOTM for me was Dani Alves. I'll start off by saying sure, he was on Botia for their goal, but even if Botia was his mark he's going to be mismatched in aerial battle all day long. That's not to mention him being outmuscled. Still apart from that he was quite good. Solid defensively and I liked what I saw going forward. His crossing is definitely improved and better than he's given credit for. His cross for Villa's goal was quite good. He was really impressive in the latter minutes of the match when he was the wide right player. He took on players and proved a dribbling threat even getting Botia carded on one nice play.

I also liked Thiago out there. Did well deputizing for Xavi. IMO he'll be the heir for that role. Liked him making a couple of runs with the ball too. In fact on the second goal I think it was him who made the run, drawing players in a bit and in part helping to leave Tello wide open on the right. Either way you could see the danger it caused and again we need to see more of it as we did this match.

While the result was fair, full credit to Sevilla for having a real go. Negredo should have done better with the opportunity he had. He did everything right with Rakitic's great ball until the finish. Still I think Sevilla showed you don't have put 10 behind the ball to play us.

les Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
It's funny seeing a match like this right after the Milan match. Great to see some of the things I think the team could do differently to beat a packed in defense paying off. We saw more crosses and definitely more dribbling and taking on the opposing player. In fact it was crosses and dribbling that both were present in the goals.

Of course sadly none of that came from Alexis Sanchez who I am finally losing faith in as well. He wasn't awful and put in the work, but doesn't like he's willing to even attempt to take on a player. His "rivals" if you will in Villa and Tello however were a different story. I liked a lot of what I saw from Villa off the ball and I thought his teammates did him a disservice in the first half as too much play went down the right. In fact IIRC Messi was on the ball once with Villa wide open on the left and he still played it right. He looked good off the ball when he moved into the middle as well and it was great to see him score. Tello immediately had an impact and still looks dangerous out there. He's so fast and he's not afraid to take a player on which is great. It actually got me to thinking of a far more expensive option in the Summer, one that would have done much better with the scoring chance. Anyway, the kid is dangerous and I would expect to see him against Madrid and Milan.

MOTM for me was Dani Alves. I'll start off by saying sure, he was on Botia for their goal, but even if Botia was his mark he's going to be mismatched in aerial battle all day long. That's not to mention him being outmuscled. Still apart from that he was quite good. Solid defensively and I liked what I saw going forward. His crossing is definitely improved and better than he's given credit for. His cross for Villa's goal was quite good. He was really impressive in the latter minutes of the match when he was the wide right player. He took on players and proved a dribbling threat even getting Botia carded on one nice play.

I also liked Thiago out there. Did well deputizing for Xavi. IMO he'll be the heir for that role. Liked him making a couple of runs with the ball too. In fact on the second goal I think it was him who made the run, drawing players in a bit and in part helping to leave Tello wide open on the right. Either way you could see the danger it caused and again we need to see more of it as we did this match.

While the result was fair, full credit to Sevilla for having a real go. Negredo should have done better with the opportunity he had. He did everything right with Rakitic's great ball until the finish. Still I think Sevilla showed you don't have put 10 behind the ball to play us.
Nice write up. Sanchez has got to go at this point. Deulofeu and Cuenca need a shot with the bog boys. Also, I agree about Thiago which begs the question where Cesc belongs on this team. I think Sergi Roberto might be better suited to play alongside Thiago.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:05 PM
les Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Nice write up. Sanchez has got to go at this point. Deulofeu and Cuenca need a shot with the bog boys. Also, I agree about Thiago which begs the question where Cesc belongs on this team. I think Sergi Roberto might be better suited to play alongside Thiago.
Yeah, it's just sad about Sanchez. There's some class there, but he just lacks the confidence right now. He badly needs a couple of goals.

I'm not sure Cuenca gets another shot. Somebody would have to leave, but then you've got Deulofeu knocking on the door. In fact I could see Deulofeu getting some minutes later on this season if the league continues at this pace.

Well Cesc will always be a luxury if he's not starting and somewhat of a challenge if he is. I'd say he's definitely performed well since we signed him, though he does go in spurts. I think we'll see more from him as time goes on and that his importance will grow as guys like Xavi and Iniesta age. I still think he's a big part of that mid 20's group of Messi, Pique, Pedro and Busquets and those guys should all be playing together for years to come.

Well Sergi Roberto is one I worry about. He offers something different and I like him, but the midfield is packed already. Still he's pretty young yet and he's getting good experience in Segunda. I just worry that he won't get a shot.

les Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
Yeah, it's just sad about Sanchez. There's some class there, but he just lacks the confidence right now. He badly needs a couple of goals.

I'm not sure Cuenca gets another shot. Somebody would have to leave, but then you've got Deulofeu knocking on the door. In fact I could see Deulofeu getting some minutes later on this season if the league continues at this pace.

Well Cesc will always be a luxury if he's not starting and somewhat of a challenge if he is. I'd say he's definitely performed well since we signed him, though he does go in spurts. I think we'll see more from him as time goes on and that his importance will grow as guys like Xavi and Iniesta age. I still think he's a big part of that mid 20's group of Messi, Pique, Pedro and Busquets and those guys should all be playing together for years to come.

Well Sergi Roberto is one I worry about. He offers something different and I like him, but the midfield is packed already. Still he's pretty young yet and he's getting good experience in Segunda. I just worry that he won't get a shot.
The midfield is indeed very crowded, but he does bring something else to that midfield that's very hard to pinpoint since he's all over the place. If anything, Jonathan Dos Santos needs to finally read the writing on the wall.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Piqué you moron!!!

Old
02-26-2013, 02:22 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Piqué you moron!!!
Definetly a penalty

Then fabregas dived

vsk92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Busquets telling Di Maria to get up. That's a good one.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:31 PM

vCash: 522
So, this might be the right time to discuss Danny Alves' defensive abilities...

#37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Watching Barcelona go down the wing and have nobody to cross the ball into is sad.

Edonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Busquets telling Di Maria to get up. That's a good one.
Di Marie is the bigger diver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
Watching Barcelona go down the wing and have nobody to cross the ball into is sad.
Yeah, because it worked out soo good when they had ibra.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:51 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Both teams will get players sent off

vsk92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Both teams will get players sent off
Barca are more likely too, they've been way too frustrated for being down a goal. They need to calm down and play there game. Also where the hell is messi?

Old
02-26-2013, 03:12 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Barca players at HT :

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.