HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Game 16: Kings vs. Avalanche - 2/23/13 - Three Game Winning Streak!!!

Old
02-24-2013, 03:36 AM
Choralone

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
And we can have some respect for the person that brought hockey to LA in my opinion. And the history that we have.
I can respect him without pretending purple is blue.

(I'm a Redskins fan, so I certainly appreciate what he did beyond the Kings.)

Choralone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:38 AM
Choralone

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
College teams have names for their colors (eg. Yale Blue, Harvard Crimson).
Yeah, but Yale Blue is actually blue, and Harvard Crimson is actually crimson....

Choralone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:51 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaim the Crown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choralone View Post
Yeah, but Yale Blue is actually blue, and Harvard Crimson is actually crimson....
Thanks for cutting out the rest of what I was saying. If you read the whole thing, my point is that its a name, and that both terms "purple" and "Forum Blue" are understood by fans. I'm not disagreeing that the color is purple, I'm disagreeing on your assertion that people should stop using the name.

KingsKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:59 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

This discussion got me wondering if we would even be allowed to use a gold away. Considering that the Preds' home is yellow, I'm not sure it would fly; it would have to be white.

FootKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:05 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
This discussion got me wondering if we would even be allowed to use a gold away. Considering that the Preds' home is yellow, I'm not sure it would fly; it would have to be white.
That's what third jerseys are for.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:31 AM
MsWoof

I'd like to see the purple jerseys as a 3rd. I think it's too much to see all that purple for half the games in a season.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Model62

I like the Forum Blue sweaters, too, but if they make them the thirds, they've got to tweak the numbers slightly. They're too fat and it's difficult to distinguish "5" "6" and "8". Poor Bob Miller can't tell Muzzin from Ellerby or Strollsy from Voynov.

Model62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Knight of the Realm
Go Kings Go!

i hate the old purple and yellow. the created white one reminds me of the blues.

honestly like the palffy era jerseys the best too.

oh yeah, go kings go!

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:30 AM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model62 View Post
I like the Forum Blue sweaters, too, but if they make them the thirds, they've got to tweak the numbers slightly. They're too fat and it's difficult to distinguish "5" "6" and "8". Poor Bob Miller can't tell Muzzin from Ellerby or Strollsy from Voynov.
Or Kopitar from Robitaille

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:49 AM
ControlPuck
@ControlPuck

Burger King jerseys...

But in all seriousness, NHLuniforms.com says that we are using four different uniforms this season. I would be fine with our current black and whites, with the whites and purple that Knight showed/created as alternates.

ControlPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:56 AM
RAZZIE King
Registered redophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model62 View Post
It was funny that Nick called out "Doty" on one play in the second period...

RAZZIE King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Ollie Weeks

Gotta love a PGT where 90% of the discussion is the merit of this or that jersey design.

The Kings need to play like this more often.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlPuck View Post
Burger King jerseys...

But in all seriousness, NHLuniforms.com says that we are using four different uniforms this season. I would be fine with our current black and whites, with the whites and purple that Knight showed/created as alternates.
I doubt the alternate thirds get used this season. They really pale in comparison to their new unis.

I would opt for a color change myself. The numerals are too hard to read on the purple jerseys, I can see why Bob keeps getting mixed up. I sit right behind their booth, and I can't tell the 5 from the 6 either. If they go with those jerseys for the alternate 3rd next season, they are going to have to thin out the numbers.

I like the current black and whites except for the bush-league LA in the middle of home plate. Looks stupid. I rather see the crown back, but smaller...not the ridiculous over-size crown on the current third unis. Something smaller and not so pretentious. Also...enough with the "LA" and "Los Angeles." Everyone knows the Kings are the Los Angeles Kings. I always wished we were more subtle...like everyone knows who the Red Wings and Black Hawks are.

So go with the crown (more modern) and a simple black, white, and aluminum scheme as they have now.

Anyway, my two cents.

02-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

^ I like the LA logo. The Clippers, Lakers, Galaxy, and of course, the Dodgers all have "LA" logos. But I wish the one that the Kings have was an alternate logo.

But I totally agree with you on the "LA" thing. Even the local media still has to refer to the Kings as the "LA Kings." It's annoying. Just call them the Kings.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Purple N Gold

Purple and Gold Unis

I actually took time out to register and join the forum just because the Kings purple and gold unis are AWESOME. They used to be the best unis in the league. The black unis do nothing for me, they are bland, boring and uninspiring. The purple and gold has a "spirit" about it that can't be quantified by mere words, it's a feeling!!! GKG!!!

Purple N Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:54 PM
The Hegemony Consul
Serial Ruminator

A Few Quick Hits from PR1:

• I thought Penner had a good game, overall. His assist to Kopitar might have been the single best play of the game IMHO (not just the pass, but the play he made to just rip the puck away from the Avs defenseman<?>).
  • Unusual for games vs. the Avs (let alone matinee games), I thought the Kings were quicker to the loose pucks than Colorado, virtually the entire game.
  • I really noticed Erik Johnson's absence; for some reason, he's always seemed to play very well against the Kings as an Av at all the very recent games I've attended (every home game vs. Colorado,except one, since 2001). And for how much Colorado gets ripped on that trade, but I've been far more impressed (at least, insofar as impact vs. the Kings) with Johnson than I was with Chris Stewart (who I never really noticed when he played us, unless he was taking a stupid penalty).
  • Since everyone else is commenting on it: the purple jerseys are fine intermittently. Regularly? No thanks...

The Hegemony Consul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by En Passant View Post
  • I thought Penner had a good game, overall. His assist to Kopitar might have been the single best play of the game IMHO (not just the pass, but the play he made to just rip the puck away from the Avs defenseman<?>).
  • Unusual for games vs. the Avs (let alone matinee games), I thought the Kings were quicker to the loose pucks than Colorado, virtually the entire game.
  • I really noticed Erik Johnson's absence; for some reason, he's always seemed to play very well against the Kings as an Av at all the very recent games I've attended (every home game vs. Colorado,except one, since 2001). And for how much Colorado gets ripped on that trade, but I've been far more impressed (at least, insofar as impact vs. the Kings) with Johnson than I was with Chris Stewart (who I never really noticed when he played us, unless he was taking a stupid penalty).
  • Since everyone else is commenting on it: the purple jerseys are fine intermittently. Regularly? No thanks...
Whole heartily agree. In my opinion they keep their luster when only brought out every once and awhile. But, I'm also a fan of the current jersey's.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:03 PM
onlyalad

Hate the black and white jerseys.
Almost every team wears black jerseys at home now.
Hated them in the 90s as well. Said Raiders copy. No style no flair. I spent a lot of money on a HD color tv and watching almost every game in black an white is frustrating.

Oh and getting into the playoff mix is a good feeling.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:09 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by En Passant View Post
I tend to think Shattenkirk was the real piece in that trade, rather than Stewart.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:38 PM
deeshamrock

I thought Penner had a good game against the Avs, I noticed him on almost every shift doing something right. Knowing how fond Sutter is of the rewards system, I wonder if Penner continues to play well if he'll work his way back up to the 2nd line?

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:58 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
^ I like the LA logo. The Clippers, Lakers, Galaxy, and of course, the Dodgers all have "LA" logos. But I wish the one that the Kings have was an alternate logo.

But I totally agree with you on the "LA" thing. Even the local media still has to refer to the Kings as the "LA Kings." It's annoying. Just call them the Kings.
Even though California is a big state with two teams in separate sports named the kings in it you almost have to say which one you are talking about. Think about how many people might have the TV on but aren't watching but listening. And the seasons run concurrently to make matters worse.

tsanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 05:41 PM
ElKingsFan92

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
I thought Penner had a good game against the Avs, I noticed him on almost every shift doing something right. Knowing how fond Sutter is of the rewards system, I wonder if Penner continues to play well if he'll work his way back up to the 2nd line?

Unless Lewis starts crapping the bed again while on the second line (which is a total possibility, don't get me wrong) why break up that second line of Lewis-Richards-Carter? They've been money since they were assembled before the Oiler game last week.

ElKingsFan92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 05:51 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Unless Lewis starts crapping the bed again while on the second line (which is a total possibility, don't get me wrong) why break up that second line of Lewis-Richards-Carter? They've been money since they were assembled before the Oiler game last week.
I guess I didnt' ask that right , Lewis is a terrific addition to that line and they are cooking. But Sutter moved Clifford up based on what he said he saw in his game, rewards him for his efforts. I just wonder if he'll do that again?
I still think DL is trying to shop Penner (among other Kings) for a dman...And I think both top lines will have different wingers next year. Toffoli deserves a shot and could replace Williams and there are FA's or buyouts that would fit with Richards and Carter perhaps.

just wondering on how Sutter thinks and tinkers...

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote