HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas Needs Depth D

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 12:57 AM
StarsFan74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Defenceman take longer to develop at times considering the number of roster spots.
It's been nearly 5 years, regardless. How has he looked in your farm?

Old
02-24-2013, 12:58 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Defenceman take longer to develop at times considering the number of roster spots available.
But you'd consider Hickey a bust, right?

Old
02-24-2013, 04:53 AM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

NYI would gladly trade you Joe Finley for a 6th if you take Marty Reasoner with him.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:14 AM
Paralyzer008

This kind of screams for Yannick Weber, doesn't it?

Old
02-24-2013, 05:24 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
No way! He's ours! ALL OURS!

... in all seriousness, he can't even crack the Senators' thin lineup.
That's unfortunate. He played like a legit NHL (bottom pairing) defenseman when we had to emergency-sign him last year, to the shock and amazement of all. Was hoping he could keep it up with another team, but it sounds like that's not happening.

As for the actual topic... all our "depth" guys are actually developing kids, so the asking prices would be higher than Dallas seems interested in.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
02-24-2013, 07:26 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Any chance Wandell is enough for any of these guys?

He just put up two great games against LE in the AHL. I think Dallas was potentially showcasing him for a trade anyway with the conditioning stint.
No, he isn't good enough for any of those. And teams don't showcase a guy by demoting him to the minors.

There's a real disconnect here between what the OP is suggesting, and then the responses to offers.

Dallas needs a d by Monday and is desperate.

Therefor you aren't going to get an actual NHL roster dman for an AHL forward. You wouldn't get that in the best situation, nevermind when you are desperate. Plus, there seems to be several teams having injuries in their d corps. If you are deadset on making it Wandell for a D, you'll likely end up with an AHL level guy, and even then I'm having a hard time thinking of a team that needs a 14th/15th forward more than an 8th/9th d.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:43 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Trevor Daley has an injured neck, but he is likely coming back Monday for the road trip. Despite that, they can't trust for sure he'll be ready.

Aaron Rome left the game early today with what is probably an aggravated groin injury. He's probably out if it's bad enough he couldn't even finish the game.

In the 3rd period, Philip Larsen was hurt bad going in to the end boards. I'm thinking shoulder, but he also slammed head first. He could barely move his left arm though.

In the AHL, Patrik Nemeth, Maxime Fortunus, and Tyler Sloan are hurt.

The only healthy D are: Stephane Robidas, Brenden Dillon, Alex Goligoski, Jordie Benn, and Jamie Oleksiak.

This isn't going to be a blockbuster so please be realistic. They're looking for depth D ... hopefully someone who doesn't require waivers to go down. Tom Wandell is the likely roster player going the other way. Otherwise ... you're talking late picks.
Mark Fistric for your first . Buy low sell high .
Whitney is also available from the Oilers . Maybe sent our 3rd rd back for him

Last edited by supert: 02-24-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old
02-24-2013, 08:44 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Given their relationship Leafs and Dallas might make good partners. We have a plethora of dmen who could be available.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:46 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Please take Henrik Tallinder. I will accept future considerations (aka- don't worry about it)
Has he really been that bad . Maybe a swap of Whitney for him . Both could return to form . I know i am getting of track as this is not an Oilers Posting

Old
02-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Has he really been that bad . Maybe a swap of Whitney for him . Both could return to form . I know i am getting of track as this is not an Oilers Posting
Devils need forwards. 8D and 12 FWDs on their roster right now.

Trading Tallinder for another D accomplishes nothing, when our weakness is at forwards. In my opinion, I'd take a big bodied third/fourth line forward like Ryan Carter, whose injured. We need someone to help with our forecheck which is nonexistent right now.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:11 AM
steiner

Send a message via ICQ to steiner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
No, he isn't good enough for any of those. And teams don't showcase a guy by demoting him to the minors.

There's a real disconnect here between what the OP is suggesting, and then the responses to offers.

Dallas needs a d by Monday and is desperate.

Therefor you aren't going to get an actual NHL roster dman for an AHL forward. You wouldn't get that in the best situation, nevermind when you are desperate. Plus, there seems to be several teams having injuries in their d corps. If you are deadset on making it Wandell for a D, you'll likely end up with an AHL level guy, and even then I'm having a hard time thinking of a team that needs a 14th/15th forward more than an 8th/9th d.
Dallas is desperate? They can recall Oleksiak and Daley is ready to go. So Dillon, Robidas, Goligoski, Benn, Daley, Oleksiak. Larsen said, he is OK. Rome - we do not know yet.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:13 AM
BigG44

vCash: 475
This is the collision:

.... and Larsen is claiming he's fine. I still find that hard to believe, but Dallas is OK if he really is.

They still probably need to find another D, but no one knows how bad the injuries in the AHL are. If Nemeth, Sloan, and Fortunus are out for a while, they need another 8 defender who can go back and forth between the AHL and NHL.

Brett Clark seems to be the best option presented. Dallas should just sign him, and waive him immediately. It's a small risk that someone would claim him. If they do ... oh well ... go find another. You lose nothing.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
Don't know about Teubert. He was picked by L.A. 13th overall in 2008. What happened?
I think what happened was everyone saw this tall lanky kid with a mean streak who was a decent skater and had decent hands for a player of that ilk, and scouts figured he would be a beast once he fills out. Due to a metabolic condition, that filling out never happened. In his draft year, as per the Regina Pats listing, he was 6'4 201 lbs. Fast forward 5 years, and he's listed at 198 lbs with the Barons. Good guy in the locker room, and a decent skill set, but he doesn't process the game well enough to be an every day NHLer without bringing some other intangible. The nastiness isn't there because any time he has to drop the gloves he gets his face filled in.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:46 AM
officeglen

I do hope allas gets a D by Monday.

From last night:
Quote:
D Mike Komisarek and D John-Michael Liles were a healthy scratch for Toronto

Old
02-24-2013, 10:49 AM
WTFMAN99

Mike Kostka to Dallas for a 3rd?

Old
02-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Zippy316

He's not a UFA after this season, but if you have any big-bodied third line wingers, you can have Tallinder for them.

Is Nystrom available?

Old
02-24-2013, 10:56 AM
hlaverty06

OKay so here's what I get from this thread

Dallas Fans: We need D by Monday

Everyone else: (offer 4-6 D man)

Dallas: LOL NO WAY

If your team is that desperate for D, I feel like you're not in position to turn everything down

Old
02-24-2013, 10:59 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Is Dallas looking for long-term help or short-term? If its short-term then just offer money to a guy without a contract. If you're looking long-term you're going to have to be prepared to offer up more than just Tom Wandell

Old
02-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 View Post
Mike Kostka to Dallas for a 3rd?
I'd do this.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:12 AM
steiner

Send a message via ICQ to steiner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post

If your team is that desperate for D, I feel like you're not in position to turn everything down
Dallas is desperate? They can recall Oleksiak and Daley is ready to go. So Dillon, Robidas, Goligoski, Benn, Daley, Oleksiak. Larsen said, he is OK. Rome - we do not know yet. Desperate? No way.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiner View Post
Dallas is desperate? They can recall Oleksiak and Daley is ready to go. So Dillon, Robidas, Goligoski, Benn, Daley, Oleksiak. Larsen said, he is OK. Rome - we do not know yet.
Read my post again. I said it was the OP's contention that Dallas was desperate. That was the whole point of this thread. I have no idea whether they are or not. If you have a problem with the idea that Dallas needs a Dman then take it up with him.

I was only saying that IF they are desperate, then they can't be picky when people aren't willing to give you legit top 6 dmen for a AHL/NHL tweener F.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post

Uh... oversimplifying things? We're trying to make a hockey trade here, not take on your expensive rentals or overpaid healthy scratches.

I said a guy who could play 4-6. I mean 4 in a pinch, 5-6 normally.

And obviously no one here reads posts or anything, because otherwise you would realize we just want a guy on the last year of his deal for a guy who can't make our roster. We just want one D man who isn't completely useless at the NHL level. Leopold, Potter, O'Byrne... not Kaberle, not Weber, not Liles, not Komisarek. Tallinder is a stretch. A 5-6 on the last year of his deal (or crazy cheap. I'd be almost alright with Ryan Whitney but after Jagr burned him for a GWG I don't know if the organization will bite.

And why the hell did I write upcoming. It's all a blur when I have to deal with the trade forum.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:29 AM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

liles to stars
2nd 2013

Old
02-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Yannick Weber for a pick.

Makes 850k. Big point shot. He's played 1 game all season long, so he used to sitting in the press box when Dallas' blueline is healthy again.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:11 PM
OILSLICK94

Whitney or Peckham or Potter

Oil carrying 8 D on roster which is not ideal..... When Petrell comes off of IR next week don't think Oil want to send Hartikianen or Paajarvi down, would love to move one of the 8 D I am sure

Closed Thread