HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Free Agents

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2013, 09:55 AM
  #1
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 500
2013 Free Agents

While killing some time looking at this years crop of UFA's I came across Damien Brunner. he's young; he's making 1.3 this year; he has 8 goals. He's listed as a RW. Is he someone you'd want?

While I'm not a big proponent of FA's for this team right now,, I think he fills a need with upside potential and could be a good addition if he could be signed at the right price.

EspenK is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 10:01 AM
  #2
Nordique
I ain't even mad
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
While killing some time looking at this years crop of UFA's I came across Damien Brunner. he's young; he's making 1.3 this year; he has 8 goals. He's listed as a RW. Is he someone you'd want?

While I'm not a big proponent of FA's for this team right now,, I think he fills a need with upside potential and could be a good addition if he could be signed at the right price.
Filpulla?

Nordique is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 11:08 AM
  #3
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Filpulla?
Maybe. But he is a LW and he is currently making 3 mill. I think Brunner has a higher potential offensive upside.

EspenK is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 11:20 AM
  #4
JacketFanInFL
Registered User
 
JacketFanInFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Here's all the 2013 UFA's making over 2 million (h/t to CapGeek).

I'd be open to maybe a Stephen Weiss.

Semin, Alexander » R CAR 28 $7,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Iginla, Jarome » R CGY 35 $7,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Elias, Patrik » C NJD 36 $6,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Backstrom, Niklas » G MIN 35 $6,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Visnovsky, Lubomir » D NYI 36 $5,600,000 2013 (UFA)
Gonchar, Sergei » D OTT 38 $5,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Perry, Corey » R ANA 27 $5,325,000 2013 (UFA)
Getzlaf, Ryan » C ANA 27 $5,325,000 2013 (UFA)
Ribeiro, Mike » C WAS 33 $5,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Thomas, Tim » G NYI 38 $5,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Alfredsson, Daniel » R OTT 40 $4,875,000 2013 (UFA)
Connolly, Tim » C TOR 31 $4,750,000 2013 (UFA)
McDonald, Andy » C STL 35 $4,700,000 2013 (UFA)
Jagr, Jaromir » R DAL 41 $4,550,000 2013 (UFA)
Selanne, Teemu » R ANA 42 $4,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Hainsey, Ron » D WIN 31 $4,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Morrow, Brenden » L DAL 34 $4,100,000 2013 (UFA)
Streit, Mark » D NYI 35 $4,100,000 2013 (UFA)
Bouchard, Pierre-Marc » R MIN 28 $4,080,000 2013 (UFA)
Antropov, Nik » C WIN 33 $4,062,500 2013 (UFA)
Regehr, Robyn » D BUF 32 $4,020,000 2013 (UFA)
Roy, Derek » C DAL 29 $4,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Horton, Nathan » R BOS 27 $4,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Whitney, Ryan » D EDM 30 $4,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Zidlicky, Marek » D NJD 36 $4,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Koivu, Saku » C ANA 38 $3,800,000 2013 (UFA)
Cervenka, Roman » C CGY 27 $3,775,000 2013 (UFA)
Khabibulin, Nikolai » G EDM 40 $3,750,000 2013 (UFA)
Clowe, Ryane » L SJS 30 $3,625,000 2013 (UFA)
Gagne, Simon » L LAK 32 $3,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Lombardi, Matthew » C PHX 30 $3,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Ryder, Michael » R DAL 32 $3,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Cullen, Matt » C MIN 36 $3,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Hamrlik, Roman » D WAS 38 $3,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Scuderi, Rob » D LAK 34 $3,400,000 2013 (UFA)
Zubrus, Dainius » C NJD 34 $3,400,000 2013 (UFA)
Penner, Dustin » L LAK 30 $3,250,000 2013 (UFA)
MacArthur, Clarke » L TOR 27 $3,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Weiss, Stephen » C FLA 29 $3,100,000 2013 (UFA)
Leopold, Jordan » D BUF 32 $3,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Filppula, Valtteri » L DET 28 $3,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Lydman, Toni » D ANA 35 $3,000,000 2013 (UFA)
White, Ian » D DET 28 $2,875,000 2013 (UFA)
Poti, Tom » D WAS 35 $2,875,000 2013 (UFA)
Cleary, Danny » L DET 34 $2,800,000 2013 (UFA)
Nabokov, Evgeni » G NYI 37 $2,750,000 2013 (UFA)
Clarkson, David » R NJD 28 $2,666,667 2013 (UFA)
Sullivan, Steve » L PHX 38 $2,600,000 2013 (UFA)
Prospal, Vinny » L CLB 38 $2,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Handzus, Michal » C SJS 35 $2,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Babchuk, Anton » D CGY 28 $2,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Murray, Douglas » D SJS 32 $2,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Malhotra, Manny » C VAN 32 $2,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Raymond, Mason » L VAN 27 $2,275,000 2013 (UFA)
Smid, Ladislav » D EDM 27 $2,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Howard, Jimmy » G DET 28 $2,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Ference, Andrew » D BOS 33 $2,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Aucoin, Adrian » D CLB 39 $2,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Hejduk, Milan » R COL 37 $2,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Latendresse, Guillaume » L OTT 25 $2,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Smith, Mike » G PHX 30 $2,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Pardy, Adam » D BUF 28 $2,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Corvo, Joe » D CAR 35 $2,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Rozsival, Michal » D CHI 34 $2,000,000 2013 (UFA)

JacketFanInFL is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 12:05 PM
  #5
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
While killing some time looking at this years crop of UFA's I came across Damien Brunner. he's young; he's making 1.3 this year; he has 8 goals. He's listed as a RW. Is he someone you'd want?

While I'm not a big proponent of FA's for this team right now,, I think he fills a need with upside potential and could be a good addition if he could be signed at the right price.
In a heartbeat, but I seriously doubt DET lets him walk.

slightlystewpid420 is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 12:33 PM
  #6
Iron Balls McGinty
Registered User
 
Iron Balls McGinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sec. 203/Worthington
Country: United States
Posts: 1,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketFanInFL View Post
Here's all the 2013 UFA's making over 2 million (h/t to CapGeek).

I'd be open to maybe a Stephen Weiss.
I highly doubt that Weiss makes it to UFA. If he doesn't re-sign in FL, he'll be traded at the deadline to someplace he will sign.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 12:49 PM
  #7
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
I highly doubt that Weiss makes it to UFA. If he doesn't re-sign in FL, he'll be traded at the deadline to someplace he will sign.
The same could be said for most of the names on the list.

Roadman is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 12:59 PM
  #8
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 21,147
vCash: 0
Latendresse
Cleary
McDonald
Connolly
Morrow
Antropov
Lombardi
Ryder
Penner

I think these are only UFA forwards that are likely to hit UFA.. well, might have missed some but they aren't big names.

Wouldn't mind Ryder at all. But I might be wrong about him walking.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:07 PM
  #9
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,274
vCash: 500
With the cap reduction next year, a lot of guys are set to be taking serious pay cuts. This makes a team like the Jackets a real free agent player, with cap space to spare. Should be interesting to see who we go after ... personally, I'd want just a small collection of veteran forwards, to help allow our young forward prospects more time to develop.

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:32 PM
  #10
JacketFanInFL
Registered User
 
JacketFanInFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Some other names from the list I like and their current salaries:

Boyes, Brad » R NYI 30 $1,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Stalberg, Viktor » L CHI 27 $875,000 2013 (UFA)

Boyes would fit in nicely on the 2nd line. Chicago will be up against the cap, depending on where it falls.

JacketFanInFL is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:33 PM
  #11
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling
 
Jovavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: IR with CBJ
Country: Qatar
Posts: 10,966
vCash: 500
Bring back Zherdev

Jovavic is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:33 PM
  #12
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
With the cap reduction next year, a lot of guys are set to be taking serious pay cuts. This makes a team like the Jackets a real free agent player, with cap space to spare. Should be interesting to see who we go after ... personally, I'd want just a small collection of veteran forwards, to help allow our young forward prospects more time to develop.
Assuming Brass & Umbie are here next year and we sign Letestu that gives us 12. Only room for one of Jenner, one FA or #1 pick without sending guys like Calvert, Joey or CAM back to Springfield. All the more reason to send them (Brass & Umbie) packing for some assets, which I would like to be picks and prospects allowing a bit of flexibility to add a couple of UFA's like Brunner or some other FA's to help the O next year.

EspenK is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:12 PM
  #13
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Assuming Brass & Umbie are here next year and we sign Letestu that gives us 12. Only room for one of Jenner, one FA or #1 pick without sending guys like Calvert, Joey or CAM back to Springfield. All the more reason to send them (Brass & Umbie) packing for some assets, which I would like to be picks and prospects allowing a bit of flexibility to add a couple of UFA's like Brunner or some other FA's to help the O next year.
Not sure who your list includes, but I suck at tracking this kind of stuff. However, the scenario you paint leads me to ask: what about Boll and MacKenzie? (I'm assuming Gillies isn't qualified. I guess I'd offer him a two-way.) But Jared and Derek each have one more year left and good prices but if they're taking up a roster spot for someone who's going to play higher in the lineup an bump someone down...? It's an interesting puzzle to be sure. Like you, I'd like to think at least one of this year's draft picks will be up and at least one FA forward can be signed.

Also, I have a feeling that one of our three pieces of "chaff" - Umbergerg, Brassard, and Mason - will be back nxt season. I don't know which one, and I don't have a good reason for thinking one or another, but it's just too "clean" to have all three be gone.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassé is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:21 PM
  #14
Byrral
Registered User
 
Byrral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Also, I have a feeling that one of our three pieces of "chaff" - Umbergerg, Brassard, and Mason - will be back nxt season. I don't know which one, and I don't have a good reason for thinking one or another, but it's just too "clean" to have all three be gone.
Seems Umberger would be a hardest to move. It will be interesting to see where Jarmo has Umberger penciled in our lineup at his price. Brassard has one year left at 3+mil but is still young enough. Still isn't gonna net much return. Mason has little value and I would be surprised to see him on this team next season.

Byrral is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:23 PM
  #15
jacketman10
Registered User
 
jacketman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 283
vCash: 500
Give me Brass out of that group. He has been playing much better this season. He should stay on the wing. His FO% is disgusting. He is young and may just now be hitting his stride since the Neal fight.

jacketman10 is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:23 PM
  #16
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Assuming Brass & Umbie are here next year and we sign Letestu that gives us 12. Only room for one of Jenner, one FA or #1 pick without sending guys like Calvert, Joey or CAM back to Springfield. All the more reason to send them (Brass & Umbie) packing for some assets, which I would like to be picks and prospects allowing a bit of flexibility to add a couple of UFA's like Brunner or some other FA's to help the O next year.
This is where I think the amnesty buyouts could come in handy. Especially with a new GM - if JK thinks he doesn't need the services of a guy like Umberger, or someone who is simply being paid too much (Tyutin?), then he can buy them out without penalty against the cap. This allows room to bring in some different kinds of veteran help, maybe get two guys who are cheaper but can provide some of the same assets.

Plenty of options, really.

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:27 PM
  #17
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Not sure who your list includes, but I suck at tracking this kind of stuff. However, the scenario you paint leads me to ask: what about Boll and MacKenzie? (I'm assuming Gillies isn't qualified. I guess I'd offer him a two-way.) But Jared and Derek each have one more year left and good prices but if they're taking up a roster spot for someone who's going to play higher in the lineup an bump someone down...? It's an interesting puzzle to be sure. Like you, I'd like to think at least one of this year's draft picks will be up and at least one FA forward can be signed.

Also, I have a feeling that one of our three pieces of "chaff" - Umbergerg, Brassard, and Mason - will be back nxt season. I don't know which one, and I don't have a good reason for thinking one or another, but it's just too "clean" to have all three be gone.
easy to track-just go look at capgeek.

If we move East, I think Boll is more necessary than if we stay in the west. Lots of goons in the East (seems like more than in the west) but I think he'd be knocked silly sooner rather than later so maybe he is expendable.

I guess macKenzie is expendable and we could pass on re-signing Letestu (although those 2 guys have been ok to good this year but long term they may have to be casualties)

Without dumping some guys somehow,some way, next year's roster is going to look a lot like this years due to the contract status situation.

EspenK is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:28 PM
  #18
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
easy to track-just go look at capgeek.

If we move East, I think Boll is more necessary than if we stay in the west. Lots of goons in the East (seems like more than in the west) but I think he'd be knocked silly sooner rather than later so maybe he is expendable.

You're right-without dumping some guys somehow,some way, next year's roster is going to look a lot like this years due to the contract status situation.
I was on capgeek and I wasn't sure what 12 you were coming up with. No worries - but no reason to laugh, either.

Double-Shift Lassé is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:52 PM
  #19
jacketman10
Registered User
 
jacketman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 283
vCash: 500
For what Mac brings to the table, you keep him. Hustle and grit all game long. He is the exact type of 3/4th liner you want. He produces and makes this team a nuisance to play against.

jacketman10 is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 04:46 PM
  #20
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
This is where I think the amnesty buyouts could come in handy. Especially with a new GM - if JK thinks he doesn't need the services of a guy like Umberger, or someone who is simply being paid too much (Tyutin?), then he can buy them out without penalty against the cap. This allows room to bring in some different kinds of veteran help, maybe get two guys who are cheaper but can provide some of the same assets.

Plenty of options, really.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt the amnesty buyouts are going to be relevant for a non-cap team like the Jackets. Or maybe I'm wrong in presuming that the Jackets won't be a cap team, but I wouldn't spend to the cap if I was John P. McConnell. Not until this team is a playoff team.

You still have to pay, I think two thirds of the value of a contract to a bought-out player. So for a non-cap team that implies that an amnesty buyout is a waste of money unless you can fully replace that player for less than 1/3 of the cost of their contract.

major major is offline  
Old
05-30-2013, 06:03 PM
  #21
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 500
Although there isn't much room roster wise to add a UFA, I thought I'd resurrect this thread and see what folks thoughts are.

Canadiens aren't going to re-sign Michael Ryder. Coming off a $3.5/yr contract and 35 pts in 46 games (dallas & montreal ) and 62 in 82 last season all with Dallas.

He's 33 and for 2 yrs he could work imo.

EspenK is offline  
Old
05-30-2013, 06:21 PM
  #22
stevo61
Registered User
 
stevo61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Although there isn't much room roster wise to add a UFA, I thought I'd resurrect this thread and see what folks thoughts are.

Canadiens aren't going to re-sign Michael Ryder. Coming off a $3.5/yr contract and 35 pts in 46 games (dallas & montreal ) and 62 in 82 last season all with Dallas.

He's 33 and for 2 yrs he could work imo.
I agree. He's someone i'd probably put with Johansen with 1 of Umby or Foligno on the other side. That way i'd leave Anisimov with Gaborik and whoever is not on that line and Dubi with Atkinson and Calvert. Not sure where i'd put Letestu but he obviously deserves better then what i have right now. Either way 1 goal scorer without removing from our current roster would really balance us out.

Edit: well i guess scratch the "without removing from the roster". we really do need something moved, Umberger being the easiest candidate and i somehow forgot about Prospal. Lineup just for the sake of it:
Prospal-Anisimov-Gaborik
Umberger-Johansen-Foligno
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Comeau-Letestu-Boll
Leaves Mackenzie in a bad spot but i wouldnt mind seeing someone moved, Letestu on a higher wing and Mackenzie back as 4th center. I really think Prospal is gonna come back for atleast another year and all this makes me think a 1st plus roster player will be traded at some point


Last edited by stevo61: 05-30-2013 at 06:32 PM.
stevo61 is offline  
Old
05-30-2013, 06:25 PM
  #23
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Although there isn't much room roster wise to add a UFA, I thought I'd resurrect this thread and see what folks thoughts are.

Canadiens aren't going to re-sign Michael Ryder. Coming off a $3.5/yr contract and 35 pts in 46 games (dallas & montreal ) and 62 in 82 last season all with Dallas.

He's 33 and for 2 yrs he could work imo.
Completely one-dimensional player who does absolutely nothing if he's not scoring goals. And the problem is that goal-scoring forwards are notoriously streaky, meaning that it could be Zherdev redux (five goals in four games, 0 goals in ten games and barely being noticeable).

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
05-30-2013, 06:36 PM
  #24
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,358
vCash: 500
Here's the problem as I see it.

There are 31 players in the system under contract for next year, leaving 19 spots for re-signings, signings, and trade acquisitions.

Roster players unsigned are Anisimov, Prospal, Comeau, Gillies, Drazenovic, Aucoin, Bobrovsky, Leighton. That's 8 right there (pushing it to 39 total).

Unsigned in the system are Allen York, David Savard, Theo Ruth, Cody Goloubef, Steven Delisle, Ryan Russell, Cody Bass, Matt Ford, Andrew Joudrey, Nick Holden, Patrick Killeen, Blake Parlett, and Spencer Machacek. That's 13, meaning that if every player were re-signed, it would make 52 in the system (and thus over the limit).

If I had to guess, it'd be that Leighton and Gillies are not retained off the current roster (down to 50). In the system, Parlett, Killeen, Delisle, and Ruth are probably gone as well. I know that the front office didn't seem too thrilled with David Savard, but I'd have to imagine that he has value...to not even qualify him wouldn't make any sense.

But in any case, allowing those four players to go would only push the total down to 46. Does Aucoin retire, or does he become an AHL coach, or does he get another year? Even if he retires, it only drops to 45. Prospal still needs signed; if he wants to come back and isn't offered a contract, what does that do for all this goodwill and "the right way" that we've heard so much about?

Anyway, I know Howson preferred to operate at the lower end of the 40s in terms of committed contracts. Even last year, despite what was reported, the addition of Delisle into the Nash trade had absolutely nothing to do with contract numbers; it was just a chance to create additional wiggle room by dumping one (I think the number after that trade was 42).

No, the problem here is that it isn't like past years, where July 1 was a great chance to allow dead weight to simply walk away. Cody Goloubef is way down in the depth chart, but he didn't look out of place in the NHL. Cody Bass and Ryan Russell can fit in on any team's 4th line, possibly 3rd. Even the bottom of the organizational depth chart are very valuable in Springfield, and I have to wonder if those guys would agree to signing an AHL-only deal with Springfield.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
05-30-2013, 08:45 PM
  #25
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
I agree. He's someone i'd probably put with Johansen with 1 of Umby or Foligno on the other side. That way i'd leave Anisimov with Gaborik and whoever is not on that line and Dubi with Atkinson and Calvert. Not sure where i'd put Letestu but he obviously deserves better then what i have right now. Either way 1 goal scorer without removing from our current roster would really balance us out.

Edit: well i guess scratch the "without removing from the roster". we really do need something moved, Umberger being the easiest candidate and i somehow forgot about Prospal. Lineup just for the sake of it:
Prospal-Anisimov-Gaborik
Umberger-Johansen-Foligno
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Comeau-Letestu-Boll
Leaves Mackenzie in a bad spot but i wouldnt mind seeing someone moved, Letestu on a higher wing and Mackenzie back as 4th center. I really think Prospal is gonna come back for atleast another year and all this makes me think a 1st plus roster player will be traded at some point
Yeah we are running out of roster spots (not the 50 contract limit, the 12 forward spots). Its nice if you can have your 13 and 14th forwards be guys who would do well in both AHL or NHL, and not have a situation where you're benching qualified guys like Mackenzie.

I really want to resign Comeau and Prospal, and I think the most cost-effective thing to do with Umberger is to give him another chance to get in gear this offseason. Really this makes it difficult to add anybody.

The UFA's I'm most keen on are David Clarkson and Nathan Horton. I'd guess they'd both command something between $4 and $5 million. But there are teams with gaping holes in their rosters who will fork over the most for them, and probably outbid us. (We also only have $3-5 million to spare under the cap if the above forwards are retained).

So I wouldn't try hard to bring anyone new in.

major major is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.