Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
I guess when it comes to trades-I am not seeing who in the Bruins top 6 would be traded other than maybe Horton who has a NTC. Seguin IMO has been the worst forward in the top 6 (other than Horton) and I don't see the front office giving up on Seguin at this point.

The other 4 forwards have been our best, and I can't see rolling the dice to move one of them for somebody who may not fit (but who knows it might happen).

Bourque isnt' cutting it and needs to be upgraded period.

Of Kelly and Peverly I would keep Peverly (more versatile and has more offensive upside and has been IMO the best player on that line). Kelly IMO is the most moveable on that line but he can't be traded.

If I am the dude in the front office I am keeping Paille. Campbell could be traded (I like him though and would be sad to see him go).

Makes me think they may be looking to trade a defenseman for the forward upgrade rather than a forward for a forward.

We have a glut of right handed defensemen so we could see one of them going the other way in trade (not to mention Seids really plays his best when he plays right side).
I don't see Chiarelli trading any of those forwards. Their biggest need is a third-line wing, and trading someone like Paillie or Campbell leaves you with another hole. Not to mention hobbling the league's best PK.

Remember that he acquired Kelly for a second-round pick; IMHO that's more the sort of deal he'd make, and then they could drop Bourque back down to Providence. Also bear in mind that with their current cap space, they don't have to ship out salary.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:48 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
I guess when it comes to trades-I am not seeing who in the Bruins top 6 would be traded other than maybe Horton who has a NTC. Seguin IMO has been the worst forward in the top 6 (other than Horton) and I don't see the front office giving up on Seguin at this point.

The other 4 forwards have been our best, and I can't see rolling the dice to move one of them for somebody who may not fit (but who knows it might happen).

Bourque isnt' cutting it and needs to be upgraded period.

Of Kelly and Peverly I would keep Peverly (more versatile and has more offensive upside and has been IMO the best player on that line). Kelly IMO is the most moveable on that line but he can't be traded.

If I am the dude in the front office I am keeping Paille. Campbell could be traded (I like him though and would be sad to see him go).

Makes me think they may be looking to trade a defenseman for the forward upgrade rather than a forward for a forward.

We have a glut of right handed defensemen so we could see one of them going the other way in trade (not to mention Seids really plays his best when he plays right side).
Seguin`s production hasn`t been there, but were witnessing a Seguin who`s competing for pucks, playing as physical as he`s played in Bruin uni. Everyone knows, with that skill, the pts will come

Old
02-24-2013, 08:48 AM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunbaer View Post
Can players with NTC's be bought out?
Yes.

02-24-2013, 08:55 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
lets just see what the Bruins needs are in 20 games, I hate to say it but it may be a lot worse than third line LW

sure seemed like a lot of injuries this week

btw- is that Hansen sho ran poor Hossa from behind the guy who ran Ference from behind with about 3 minutes to go in the 7th game with the Bruins up 4-0. If so, this guy DOES HAVE A HISTORY Dupes (see Globe article today) and is a a piece of ****. Gutless puke running people from behind and WHY FIGHTING SHOULD BE IN THE GAME. I'm sure I speak for the more violent and vindictive posters here who wish the worst on this duche bage

Old
02-24-2013, 08:58 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
lets just see what the Bruins needs are in 20 games, I hate to say it but it may be a lot worse than third line LW

btw- is that Hansen sho ran poor Hossa from behind the guy who ran Ference from behind with about 3 minutes to go in the 7th game with the Bruins up 4-0. If so, this guy DOES HAVE A HISTORY Dupes (see Globe article today) and is a a piece of ****. Gutless puke running people from behind and WHY FIGHTING SHOULD BE IN THE GAME. I'm sure I speak for the more violent and vindictive posters here who wish the worst on this duche bage
Surely your not calling a Canuck a POS?

Agreed, at some point, injuries will occur, from what little I`ve read, a kid like a Spooner/Tardif could come up and fill a spot, but I suspect Chia and Co aren`t yet 100% comfortable with that being anything more than part time duty until a bit more experience for Spoons at least is under his belt.

Some space to work with and a solid GM, I smell more than just one move this deadline or well before it

Old
02-24-2013, 09:00 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afam View Post
What is the definition of a Top 6 forward anyways because i see people mentioning some scrub third line players. I might not be versed in knowing all the good players in the Nhl yet, but i know a scrub name when i see one.
I just checked my notes and top 6 forward is this- someone who can be projected to score 25 goals and/or 60 points in a healthy season

Krjeci- yes
Horton-yes
Lucic--yes
Seguin-yes
Marchand-yes
Bergeron-yes

all qualify based on recent performance....love Peverley but doesn't meet that area....Ryder ironically did when he was here, but he was like the NE weather you didn't know then what you'd get- however, Ryder has apparently found something (probably mindset and conditioning) and now is a steady as a diamond cutter and grades out as a top 6 easy

Old
02-24-2013, 09:02 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Surely your not calling a Canuck a POS?

Agreed, at some point, injuries will occur, from what little I`ve read, a kid like a Spooner/Tardif could come up and fill a spot, but I suspect Chia and Co aren`t yet 100% comfortable with that being anything more than part time duty until a bit more experience for Spoons at least is under his belt.

Some space to work with and a solid GM, I smell more than just one move this deadline or well before it
**** him- I hope he he suffers a serious injury zipping his fly after his next bathroom visit. He's the worst kind

Old
02-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNHL View Post
Take a look around the league at the standings first and third line production next. On this team we have 2 first lines and a third.
Make it simpler. Look at goals per game. Bruins are 12th. The top 5: Tampa, Pitt, Anaheim, Chicago and St Louis.

4 of those teams have top 2 lines that rival or exceed ours (Anaheim's 2nd line probably isn't better than ours) and all are getting better production from their bottom 6.

Clearly there is no panic situation here, but let's not pretend that there can't be improvements. In fact, without improvements they'll have a tough time going deep. Perhaps those improvements come with better play from the guys already here, but with the cap space they have now I see no reason why they wouldn't want to upgrade.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:05 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
**** him- I hope he he suffers a serious injury zipping his fly after his next bathroom visit. He's the worst kind
That whole team is, dignity and respect are two words that entire team/organization is unfamiliar with

I like your wish for him to injure himself, problem with your method.....he only wears pants with velcro

Old
02-24-2013, 09:06 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Make it simpler. Look at goals per game. Bruins are 12th. The top 5: Tampa, Pitt, Anaheim, Chicago and St Louis.

4 of those teams have top 2 lines that rival or exceed ours (Anaheim's 2nd line probably isn't better than ours) and all are getting better production from their bottom 6.

Clearly there is no panic situation here, but let's not pretend that there can't be improvements. In fact, without improvements they'll have a tough time going deep. Perhaps those improvements come with better play from the guys already here, but with the cap space they have now I see no reason why they wouldn't want to upgrade.
Agreed, and by the sounds of it, Chia does too

Old
02-24-2013, 09:07 AM
JAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Ryder?
A quick glance at the standing shows that there are only 3 maybe 4 teams whose season looked cooked (unless they run off a ten game winning streak possible, but not likely).

Dallas is currently in the thick of a playoff hunt and most likely will be around the fringe all season. So unless they suffer injuries and fall out of contention quickly, why would they trade Ryder?

Additional thought Ryder would be a retread I dont see PC doing that unless CJ insisted strongly upon it. The plus is Ryder does know the system and would be an easy plug in the downside is it would be like PC admitting he made a mistake when letting Ryder go (that may be irrelevant but I think PC will continue to look elsewhere).

Old
02-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Numbah4

Quote:

We're going to need more scoring from forward and another defenseman with or without injuries. Might as well get them now. If something worse happens. An injury to Krejci/Bergeron, I'd move Seguin to C. We would already have our Top 6 forward.

At the deadline, maybe add a wing who will bang a little.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:13 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAD View Post
A quick glance at the standing shows that there are only 3 maybe 4 teams whose season looked cooked (unless they run off a ten game winning streak possible, but not likely).

Dallas is currently in the thick of a playoff hunt and most likely will be around the fringe all season. So unless they suffer injuries and fall out of contention quickly, why would they trade Ryder?

Additional thought Ryder would be a retread I dont see PC doing that unless CJ insisted strongly upon it. The plus is Ryder does know the system and would be an easy plug in the downside is it would be like PC admitting he made a mistake when letting Ryder go (that may be irrelevant but I think PC will continue to look elsewhere).
agreed....really, with so few games this year, who the heck is going to be so out of it in a month other than the Rangers If the Stars are in it they would be nuts to trade Ryder if he is on this type of run....as for Chiarelli taking him back, I think he would, but dont think he'd give up his definition of A prospects but would bundle the B prospects and picks....but if you ask me right here, right now I think there are going to be 24 or so teams in this thing and there are going to be few teams out of it

also, injuries are going to destroy a team or two in the next 5 weeks to the trade deadline

Old
02-24-2013, 09:14 AM
PepeBostones

I still think it was a mistake to let Benoit Pouliot go. He would have been improving with the Bruins. To say he cost the Bruins the cup series against Washington is farfetched. Many moments in a 7 game series. Otherwise I really like our lineup except for a defenseman and a a big speedy winger. That's also the problem. We don't have much to offer from Providence aside from Ryan Spooner. The only ones I would want to move from our current roster are Andrew Ference and Johnny Boychuk on defense and Chris Kelly and possibly Rich Peverley and if I could Keith Yandle I would consider moving David Krejci. To me
Tuukka Rask, Chara, Seideinberg, McQuaid, Hamilton, Seguin, Lucic, Bergeron, Marchand and Horton are the core of the Bruins that I wouldn't be happy moving. Bourque, Thonrton, Paille doesn't have any value. What I want I is Yandle because Chara isn't good on power play. Don't think they will/can trade Kelly but only Boychuk, Ference, Peverley, Caron, Khohklachev, Spooner, Krug, Subban, Camara and Payne have any trade value. I would for my life not give away Camara of that group. I would love to have Ryan O'Reilly for anything from that group but don't think it's enough even with Pevs, Koko and a first. O'Reilly can play left wing and is good enough to play on second line. I don't want any old players like Iginla for Spooner, Koko, first round picks. If we are going to give up top players or the best prospects so get some young enough to give us a more than just help for one year. We need for next year a big tough player but not for the play playoffs. In a perfect world I would get Yandle and Brandon Coburn on defense. Ryan O'Reilly, Zach Kassian and Tye McGinn or Scott Hartnell or Jamie McGinn. I would die if they trade players like Milan Lucic or Tyler Seguin beacuse they are along with Bergeron, Marchand, Rask and Chara and even Horton and McQuaid players who loves being a Bruins loves the town and we would never get equal value from trading any of them. It's strange the Bruins are off to the best start in history and many players haven't played up to their usual standard. That is a resource the way I see it. When Tyler starts potting a pair of goals a game it will change. I really believe he will explode soon and really he has the best plus/minus records of all Bruins. I would settle for a smaller move like getting Braydon Coburn and Tie McGinn for Ference and/or Boychuk and Caron plus whoever from group above it takes. I don't think Chia will split up the group or team he built and just signed many players. Hes challenging the players and will make a move like the one I proposed. That would make me happy. But, maybe
other's have many different ideas I know. It's interesting.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:23 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah4 View Post
We're going to need more scoring from forward and another defenseman with or without injuries. Might as well get them now. If something worse happens. An injury to Krejci/Bergeron, I'd move Seguin to C. We would already have our Top 6 forward.

At the deadline, maybe add a wing who will bang a little.
Under 6 weeks til the deadline, and as Jad pointed out, maybe 4 teams "out of it" now, never as easy as simply going out and getting "them" now

Old
02-24-2013, 09:25 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
What??? I thought Chia was the only GM who handed out NTC`s????
Lets be honest you wont find many worse NTCs out there then Kellys. He got term money and the full ntc. All for having a career year at 30. Not many 3rd line players get that treatment.

I like Kelly so I really don't care but it was a brutal add in for chia Imo.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

Wait, what? Dupont is saying Hansen doesn't have a history? Did he miss the 2011 SCF?

Great job as always by Dafoomie.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:28 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Under 6 weeks til the deadline, and as Jad pointed out, maybe 4 teams "out of it" now, never as easy as simply going out and getting "them" now
But then later we hear the prices were too high at the deadline. That's why you do the heavy lifting in the summer.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Lets be honest you wont find many worse NTCs out there then Kellys. He got term money and the full ntc. All for having a career year at 30. Not many 3rd line players get that treatment.

I like Kelly so I really don't care but it was a brutal add in for chia Imo.
I'd bet my house one career year isn't the reason Kelly got a NTC. Chiarelli spent a long time as Kelly's GM, and pursued him for a year for the Bruins before finally landing him. He didn't get that contract because he scored 20 goals last season; he's being paid for leadership, intelligent play, penalty killing, holding leads in the final minute, and yes, scoring a clutch goal now and then.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:37 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I'd bet my house one career year isn't the reason Kelly got a NTC. Chiarelli spent a long time as Kelly's GM, and pursued him for a year for the Bruins before finally landing him. He didn't get that contract because he scored 20 goals last season; he's being paid for leadership, intelligent play, penalty killing, holding leads in the final minute, and yes, scoring a clutch goal now and then.
Sorry but before he showed he could pot 20 there wasn't a GM on the planet who would give him that kind of money over all those years. I have to disagree. And if someone was crazy enough too no way he gets a FULLNNTC.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Sorry but before he showed he could pot 20 there wasn't a GM on the planet who would give him that kind of money over all those years. I have to disagree. And if someone was crazy enough too no way he gets a FULLNNTC.
I think you're misunderstanding. I said he wasn't getting that SOLELY because he scored 20 goals. Kelly is valued by the Bruins for much more than just scoring 20 goals one season. Chiarelli saw him as a key element for a Stanley Cup run, whereas most of the GMs on this board were apoplectic about his addition.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:10 AM
NHRonin

Thankfully we have a GM now who gets it. If Sinden was still the GM, we'd be on the cusp of losing Seguin to FA (who probably can't yodel even after his time in Switzerland) and we'd be fed a constant diet of the team being "competitive."

I believe the "new" Bruins attitude starts with the president and works it way down. Cam saw how badly the team was run for decades and I guarantee vows to never let that happen on his watch.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
Have you ever seen Antropov play he is the slowest player I've ever seen. He's 6'6" and you don't even notice it. He would be one of the last players I think the Bruins would look at. He would not upgrade our top 6.
No, I made a suggestion never having seen a player before in my life. I just heard about him on the radio. That's just how I roll.

Of course I've seen him play, and I completely disagree that his speed is a liability. He often looks slow simply because of his size, similar to Looch. Mind you he's not winning the fastest skater competition anytime soon, but there's enough speed already on this team.\, and especially lines 2 and 3.

His awareness and decision making on ice more then makes up for it. Solid two way guy, not overly physical but uses his size well. Solid fit for that 2nd or 3rd line and fits the bill in regards to likely being a potential cheap re-sign in the offseason should they need it.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:32 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
No, I made a suggestion never having seen a player before in my life. I just heard about him on the radio. That's just how I roll.

Of course I've seen him play, and I completely disagree that his speed is a liability. He often looks slow simply because of his size, similar to Looch. Mind you he's not winning the fastest skater competition anytime soon, but there's enough speed already on this team.\, and especially lines 2 and 3.

His awareness and decision making on ice more then makes up for it. Solid two way guy, not overly physical but uses his size well. Solid fit for that 2nd or 3rd line and fits the bill in regards to likely being a potential cheap re-sign in the offseason should they need it.
It was a good call on your part and would be a fine addition to the Bruins 3rd line. Brings that size...some PM skill... Could be an up and down the ladder type guy like Peverley. I would actually say he is a real possibility for the Bruins.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Gonzothe7thDman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeBostones View Post
I still think it was a mistake to let Benoit Pouliot go. He would have been improving with the Bruins. To say he cost the Bruins the cup series against Washington is farfetched. Many moments in a 7 game series.

Otherwise I really like our lineup except for a defenseman and a a big speedy winger. That's also the problem. We don't have much to offer from Providence aside from Ryan Spooner. The only ones I would want to move from our current roster are Andrew Ference and Johnny Boychuk on defense and Chris Kelly and possibly Rich Peverley and if I could Keith Yandle I would consider moving David Krejci. To me
Tuukka Rask, Chara, Seideinberg, McQuaid, Hamilton, Seguin, Lucic, Bergeron, Marchand and Horton are the core of the Bruins that I wouldn't be happy moving.

Bourque, Thonrton, Paille doesn't have any value. What I want I is Yandle because Chara isn't good on power play. Don't think they will/can trade Kelly but only Boychuk, Ference, Peverley, Caron, Khohklachev, Spooner, Krug, Subban, Camara and Payne have any trade value. I would for my life not give away Camara of that group.

I would love to have Ryan O'Reilly for anything from that group but don't think it's enough even with Pevs, Koko and a first. O'Reilly can play left wing and is good enough to play on second line. I don't want any old players like Iginla for Spooner, Koko, first round picks. If we are going to give up top players or the best prospects so get some young enough to give us a more than just help for one year. We need for next year a big tough player but not for the play playoffs. In a perfect world I would get Yandle and Brandon Coburn on defense. Ryan O'Reilly, Zach Kassian and Tye McGinn or Scott Hartnell or Jamie McGinn.

I would die if they trade players like Milan Lucic or Tyler Seguin beacuse they are along with Bergeron, Marchand, Rask and Chara and even Horton and McQuaid players who loves being a Bruins loves the town and we would never get equal value from trading any of them. It's strange the Bruins are off to the best start in history and many players haven't played up to their usual standard. That is a resource the way I see it. When Tyler starts potting a pair of goals a game it will change. I really believe he will explode soon and really he has the best plus/minus records of all Bruins. I would settle for a smaller move like getting Braydon Coburn and Tie McGinn for Ference and/or Boychuk and Caron plus whoever from group above it takes.

I don't think Chia will split up the group or team he built and just signed many players. Hes challenging the players and will make a move like the one I proposed. That would make me happy. But, maybe
other's have many different ideas I know. It's interesting.
Slightly fixed in case someone wants to read that.

Closed Thread