Dirty little ending to the game there.
- Buffalo gets miffed that the Islander's 4th unit went for the 4th goal on the powerplay when they could have just run the clock out.
-They send out Foligno who is a small brained power forward to run Nabokov. Kaleta tries to stir the pot.
-Jack threatens to dump his kettle of chowder on the Buffalo bench.
- The Buffalo bench deflects the threats with the largest assistant coaching forehead since the Sedin Twins.
- Isles send out Martin to go say hi to Miller.
- Martin says hi to Miller, then steal his helmet.
- Miller is upset that a mere mortal has touched his holy temple and throws a punch at Martin while two other Sabres hold him down.
- Martin says he hits like a girl.
- The refs put down their coffee and doughnuts and actually get involved at this point.
It was nice to see Jack call Buffalo out on this one. It was nice to see the Islande3rs control most of a game and win despite their best efforts to miss the net or get their shots blocked. Super Tavares was almost as good as Super Nabokov. Moulson was able to make something happen without JT involved critically. Incredible.
Who here expects some fines to come of all this?
No Fines, but one things for sure. Webber will think twice before he tries grabbing and twisting Martins neck again. Marts Nailed him with a short hard one that Webber will remember for a while.
I love Colin McDonald a lot for the 4th line, 3rd line not so much. He's underrated around here for sure.
I agree. Hits everything in sight. Plays with a ton of energy. Does do anything stupid and plays good positionally(shows a little offense with his shooting ability). A really good 4th liner. And for those who say 4th liners are a dime a dozen, there are a lot of bad 4th line players out there. I am a big believer that the 4th line should bring some energy to their shifts and try to change the flow of the game through their hustle. It's a long season and some nights you need the 4th lines energy.