HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 01:34 AM
surge1979

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
Are you saying that Trouba's value in a trade is as high as Little's? Because you're really overvaluing your prospects if that's what you're saying.
I'm definitely overvaluing Trouba here....which is a mistake I don't usually make. Its probably because he was the MVP at the WJC in a year that featured RNH, Huberdeau, Jones, Mackinnon, Drouin, Granlund, Forsberg, etc. My over-valuing him is probably related to the fact that I really don't want to give him up.

So, in a deal that involves Trouba....you probably have to add a decent roster player..but that player is not going to be of the Little / Enstrom category....probably Burmistrov. Jets fans will think thats overpaying....but its reality.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:35 AM
JetsHomer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Are you saying that Trouba's value in a trade is as high as Little's? Because you're really overvaluing your prospects if that's what you're saying.
Little's a second liner that can fill in as a first liner. Trouba's a blue chip D prospect.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:44 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Jordan Staal did nt get the icetime ROR did. Especially the PP time.
We are comparing ROR's and Jordan Staal's first 3 seasons in the league? Really? Is it asking to much of you to do some basic research?

Staal had 411:87 minutes of pp time in his first 3 seasons. Know how much ROR had? 284:93 minutes of pp time. Wow, really? ROR had more pp time than Staal? Total minutes? ROR had 3,306:12 minutes. Staal? 3,103:32 minutes. So...similar even strength time for them both...and ROR had significantly less pp time, despite you stating he actually had more. Your ice time argument just went up in smoke.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:49 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
We are comparing ROR's and Jordan Staal's first 3 seasons in the league? Really? Is it asking to much of you to do some basic research?

Staal had 411:87 minutes of pp time in his first 3 seasons. Know how much ROR had? 284:93 minutes of pp time. Wow, really? ROR had more pp time than Staal? Total minutes? ROR had 3,306:12 minutes. Staal? 3,103:32 minutes. So...similar even strength time for them both...and ROR had significantly less pp time, despite you stating he actually had more. Your ice time argument just went up in smoke.
I cannot edit posts right now...by total minutes I actually meant ES minutes.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:49 AM
muckbin15
parros16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Little's a second liner that can fill in as a first liner. Trouba's a blue chip D prospect.
little is proven tho

Old
02-24-2013, 02:22 AM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckbin15 View Post
little is proven tho
Would Toronto trade us Rielly for him then?

Old
02-24-2013, 02:55 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
A second round pick... Some player who has a slim chance of ever becoming an NHL player. You started out your post really good and then offered us the same weak proposals we have already seen. I'm sorry but you saying that Little would be an 85 point player on Pitt does not help with the fact that HES NOT an 85 point player, and is in fact a 25 year old who has 4 years in the league in which he only put up over 50 points once, and has not done so in three years.

Little is a complimentary player, hes not in his second season having just put up 50 points with potential to improve anymore.

Enstrom is a little on the high side in age to talk about in trade for O'Reilly. Beyond the fact that he was just extended as well. So that proposal even if it was ignorance, was pretty much hollow.

Your second one for Trouba and a second round pick? So we give up a established core level NHL player with potential on top of what hes already done, for a highly touted but none the less unproven quantity. Oh and on top of that we get that shot in the dark in the second round. Sure....

So close... but so far away.
Enstrom would be a great return for Radar. He'd be a perfect EJ partner due to his skating, intelligence, positioning, puck skills, passing and experience, and is around the same age as Staz, i.e. a little older than our youngsters at his position but still in the early part of his prime. That experience and dependability would be fantastic and our defense would turn from terrible to damn good right away. Enstrom-EJ, Hejda-Barrie, Wilson/SOB-Elliott and we'd be on our way to pairing our franchise Goaler and top two lines with a strong D.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:07 AM
JetsHomer

Enstrom is not being traded 17 games after signing a 6 year deal with a full NMC

Old
02-24-2013, 03:27 AM
cgf

I know. I was just saying to my fellow avs fan that if a theoretically Enstrom/ROR based trade went down this summer, that would be excellent return for us despite Enstrom being older.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:38 AM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

Would Okposo for ROR be fair for the framework of a deal??

The Isles have a very deep prospect pool.... let's sweeten it up a bit... or just make it a blockbuster.. Nino Niederreiter

Kyle Okposo and Nino Niederreiter

for

ROR and Duncan Siemens

Old
02-24-2013, 03:42 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post

The Isles have a very deep prospect pool.... let's sweeten it up a bit... or just make it a blockbuster.. Nino Niederreiter

,for

ROR and Duncan Siemens
Hell no, Avs give up on the better player and on the better prospect.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:54 AM
Ness
@KetchTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Sure contenders, but I see it as players reaching their potential at different times problem.

Also what the hell is your avatar?
It's Crow, from Mystery Science Theater 3000! Only the best show ever.

And yes, Miller and Poms have already reached their potentials. Just throwing out ideas.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:18 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
It's Crow, from Mystery Science Theater 3000! Only the best show ever.

no....

Old
02-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iracundia View Post

Who cares this is fantasy GMing anyways. Nothing said on here impacts any REAL deals what so ever. At best, someone gets bragging rights if they luck out and call a trade that actually goes down.

Dater already said Sherman won't rush the trade and is more than willing to wait to get what he wants. It might go all the way to the draft unless a desperate team offers an overpayment before the trade deadline. So go to the offseason and allow the other GMs to use their compliance buyouts to get things in order then let the bidding begin.

ROR just turned 22 and is +154 in takeaways and almost 53% on face offs to go with his 107pts over 3 seasons. He did this on a rebuilding cap floor team.

Jordan Staal in his first 3 years was just +14 in takeaways, 47% on face offs to go with 119pts. Add to the fact that Staal was on a team that won the cup in his 3rd year. Things get a little easier when the opposition has to focus on Crosby and Malkin.

Anyways after looking at the numbers, the same ones the GMs look at, I'm confident the return will be good. To the team that gets ROR congrats, your team won the trade.
Someone sticky this post!

Quote:
Jordan Staal did nt get the icetime ROR did. Especially the PP time.
I play the EA Sports NHL series too but I don't come back to HFboards to post stats and opinions based on that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post

Furthermore, each guy's first 3 years on the PP:

RoR - 09-10 - 0:35s avg pp time per game
RoR - 10-11 - 0:37s avg pp time per game
RoR - 11-12 - 2:21m avg pp time per game

Staal - 06-07 - 1:12m avg pp time per game
Staal - 07-08 - 1:31m avg pp time per game
Staal - 08-09 - 2:19m avg pp time per game

Clearly, Staal never got the PP ICE TIME that RoR got! (Not to mention playing with either Crosby or Malkin)

Old
02-24-2013, 10:08 AM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Someone sticky this post!

I play the EA Sports NHL series too but I don't come back to HFboards to post stats and opinions based on that though.

Furthermore, each guy's first 3 years on the PP:

RoR - 09-10 - 0:35s avg pp time per game
RoR - 10-11 - 0:37s avg pp time per game
RoR - 11-12 - 2:21m avg pp time per game

Staal - 06-07 - 1:12m avg pp time per game
Staal - 07-08 - 1:31m avg pp time per game
Staal - 08-09 - 2:19m avg pp time per game

Clearly, Staal never got the PP ICE TIME that RoR got! (Not to mention playing with either Crosby or Malkin)
in all fairness.. ROR probably spent a higher percentage of the team's PP chances on the ice than Staal did...the pens got a hell of a lot more calls in 08-09 than the avs did in 11-12

Old
02-24-2013, 10:11 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
There is talk a decision on the future of holdout Colorado centre Ryan O'Reilly will be made soon. The two sides have reached an impasse and GM Greg Sherman could finally be ready to make a trade. Several teams -- including the Rangers, Flyers, Leafs and Hurricanes -- are involved in the talks. Carolina GM Jim Rutherford is sneaky. His club has moved up the standings and I wouldn't be surprised if O'Reilly landed there.
There you go, the center-poor canes will be trading for ROR, BG nails another one.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/02/23/...-tough-to-move

Old
02-24-2013, 10:13 AM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post

for

ROR and Duncan Siemens
drop siemens and i still do it.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

Quote:
I don't know (or care) about his value in a trade but as a Jets fan I personally put more value on Trouba than on Little and I realize how crazy that sounds.

If Trouba was just a pure offensive D putting up the numbers he is as a freshman on a terrible team, he would be valuable. If his numbers weren't very good, but he played with a nasty streak and destroyed college kids 2-3 years older than him on a regular basis like he does, he would be valuable. But the fact that he does it all is what makes him truly special and a player that every team should covet. And I haven't even mentioned his WJC tourney. I would trade 1.5 to 2 Scheifele's for him to put it in a Jets prospect perspective.

Anyway, all this to say I hope he's nowhere near being an add-in piece to an ROR deal.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:12 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge1979 View Post
I'm definitely overvaluing Trouba here....which is a mistake I don't usually make. Its probably because he was the MVP at the WJC in a year that featured RNH, Huberdeau, Jones, Mackinnon, Drouin, Granlund, Forsberg, etc. My over-valuing him is probably related to the fact that I really don't want to give him up.

So, in a deal that involves Trouba....you probably have to add a decent roster player..but that player is not going to be of the Little / Enstrom category....probably Burmistrov. Jets fans will think thats overpaying....but its reality.
Trouba's value > Little's value and you are not over-rating him. He was drafted very high and he has improved his stock since.

Ask yourself this would you trade Trouba for Little? Little is a nice player but replaceable. There are a ton of mid-sized players with his offensive production.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:20 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Trouba's value > Little's value and you are not over-rating him. He was drafted very high and he has improved his stock since.

Ask yourself this would you trade Trouba for Little? Little is a nice player but replaceable. There are a ton of mid-sized players with his offensive production.
Its really not hard to see that Trouba has more value even though he's just a prospect.

If I proposed a Little for Morgan Rielly or Ryan Murray trade, Toronto and Columbus fans would rightfully laugh at the offer.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:31 PM
sully1410

where are we at with this? What's the proposal from Avs fans here?

Last edited by Krishna: 02-24-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old
02-24-2013, 01:54 PM
surge1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
where are we at with this? What's the proposal from Avs fans here?
Avs fans have been informed be our legal staff that they have untill 6pm MST to make up their minds on Little before this hypothetical deal expires on HF Boards.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Nihiliste

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge1979 View Post

I would take a Burmi/Trouba for ROR+ deal.

Ryan would center your first line, Burmistrov could slot in at 3C behind Duchene/Stastny and Trouba would become our best prospect.

O'reilly centering two of Kane/Ladd/Wheeler would be pretty epic, I would start watching more Jets games.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:04 PM
nitz

Travis Hamonic for ROR

Old
02-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Iracundia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post

Ryan O'Reilly
2nd '13

Nikolai Kulemin
Jake Gardiner
This offer has some potential but I would definitely want Biggs over Kulemin. How about 5 life seminars from Brian O’Reilly in lieu of the 2nd?

Closed Thread