HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

No Suspension for Max Pacioretty

Old
02-24-2013, 10:16 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
Enlighten me. Skates leaving ice? Head first point of contact? Show me.
Watch the clip you can see Paches skates leave the ice.please take off the homer glasses. McD was turning yes as he was taking the puck along the boards. It sucks but he did leave his feet.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Gustave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Of course the skates left the ice. Look at the MSG feed compared to what we saw on RDS/CBC.
Am I missing something? That's the pick showing that his blade isn't touching the ice? Joking aside, I'm baffled at the jumping accusation.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Craig Button on the NHL Network didn't even think the play was worth a penalty. Blamed McDonagh for not protecting himself and turning into Max.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:21 AM
coolasprICE

such a bunch of little girls those rags. no wonder therrien laughed at them

birron birron birronnn birron birron birronnn birron birron birronnn birron birron birronnn

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:21 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Watch the clip you can see Paches skates leave the ice.please take off the homer glasses. McD was turning yes as he was taking the puck along the boards. It sucks but he did leave his feet.
The skates don't leave the ice prior to contact, hence it's a non-factor.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Craig Button on the NHL Network didn't even think the play was worth a penalty. Blamed McDonagh for not protecting himself and turning into Max.
There's that and all the times the player gets the puck and turns his back to the oncoming player to try and get away, but instead gets drilled from behind.

This hit is common, but not to the severity of this hit.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:25 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
May I ask where or when he left his feet? Honestly.
If you watch the clip he drives through the hit but leaves his feet you can see his feet come back to the ice after the hit.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Et le But

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
If you watch the clip he drives through the hit but leaves his feet you can see his feet come back to the ice after the hit.
That's physics at play, not the result of Pacioretty landing from a jump.

Newton's third law of motion (every action = equal and opposite reaction)

Pacioretty hits McDonagh, and receives an equal force back which propels him into the air (like almost all big hits)

Par for the course. Not a jump.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Nhl is anti-franco so anti hab nothing new here it's been the same ever since hockey exists.

Bruins can get away with just about everything look at the Chara on Paciorretty if a hab player did it he was getting 20 games.
Max Pacioretty is francophone?

Old
02-24-2013, 10:31 AM
Pigems*

Quote:
His feet don't leave the ice until after the initial contact, therefore it doesn't matter it was part of the collision at that point. McD should learn to not turn away from an oncoming train. As Don used to say McD got caught in the Trolly Tracks!

Pigems* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Max Pacioretty is francophone?
Maxime Pachèrotté

Old
02-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Barnaby

Ranger fan here... but I like to feel that I can be objective...

1. No way in hell was that a clean hit. That hit is the very definition of boarding. He turned into it a bit, but it wasn't one of those ridiculous calls you sometimes see where the guy is completely sideways and completely turns at the last second.

2. He was obviously running him in retaliation, but I'm not going to sit here and say that he was trying to kill him and dramatize it. These are men - you get hit, then you want to throw a hit back. He went overboard, but I don't think he was looking to break the guys neck.

3. If McDonagh gets right back on the ice then there is no hearing.

4. If there are no priors then I think a suspension is too much - with priors I think 1 or 2 games is fair - anything more is ridiculous. I think it was more or less a straight boarding play. It was bad, but nothing crazy.

Not to criticize you guys - we are the same way - it's funny how every fanbase thinks there team is unfairly targeted. I don't think any teams fans think they are treated fairly.

*I honestly think that his intention was just to throw a hard hit, but he went overboard. It is what it is.

Edit: One last point. Guys blaming McDonagh for not shying away? You don't want your players to take a hit to make a play? It's the hitters responsibility to hold up a bit - not crush every guy whose back is to the boards and say 'they should have known they were going to get hit and moved.' If this was Asham crushing Subban then would you honestly be saying.. 'Well, gee... Subban was going to play the puck, but he should have known Asham was bhind him so I think it's Subbans fault.'

Last edited by Barnaby: 02-24-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post

1. No way in hell was that a clean hit. That hit is the very definition of boarding. He turned into it a bit, but it wasn't one of those ridiculous calls you sometimes see where the guy is completely sideways and completely turns at the last second.

2. He was obviously running him in retaliation, but I'm not going to sit here and say that he was trying to kill him and dramatize it. These are men - you get hit, then you want to throw a hit back. He went overboard, but I don't think he was looking to break the guys neck.

4. If there are no priors then I think a suspension is too much - with priors I think 1 or 2 games is fair - anything more is ridiculous. I think it was more or less a straight boarding play. It was bad, but nothing crazy.

Not to criticize you guys - we are the same way - it's funny how every fanbase thinks there team is unfairly targeted. I don't think any teams fans think they are treated fairly.
Pretty fair post all around. Good input.

To be honest, only some fans think that the Habs are unfairly treated by the league. Most of us don't have a tinfoil hat on.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Pigems*

Quote:

I agree it was boarding but no more

Old
02-24-2013, 10:38 AM
Et le But

Quote:

*I honestly think that his intention was just to throw a hard hit, but he went overboard. It is what it is.
I agree with all of this. This is fair. It's no "conspiracy" (although I hate how Pacioretty is going to be judged as a guy with a record, while the likes of Chara still have no disciplinary record, but that's another story), Pacioretty overreacted, and the only person who deserves blame besides Patches himself is the ref who didn't call anything on McDonagh's hit, which would have stopped Pacioretty from feeling the need to take action himself. It was a bad hit though.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:39 AM
E = CH²

Schenn on Gallagher does not get a hearing but this does ? What a laughable joke this league is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
I'm ok with a hearing for this.... but....

All I'm hearing in the press is that Patches did this because McDo hit him... probably true. Lets go back a couple years, to the Chara thing.... everyone and his dog knew that was retaliation but you can't prove that kind of thing so Chara got nothing. It'll be ironic if Patches gets suspended for this.

Also, not for nothing but... if I'm patches and I get my bell rung by another player, and I also know this league has done nothing to protect me in the past, I'm going to do something about it myself. This probably doesn't happen if McDo had been assessed a penalty. Perhaps the next time someone thinks about running him they'll think twice.

As for the hit... McDo knew he was coming and had a clear choice to continue around the boards, he'll probably lose the puck and create a chance, but.... he chose to turn into a vulnerable position.

I find it amusing that this gets a hearing, but, Colton Orr in a clear rage over his stick being tossed going after a knee doesn't. This is why the NHL has injury problems. Don't punish the result, punish the intent and you'll have far less injuries.
This.

The double standards are ****ing disgusting.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Krnage

Patches is such a dirty player

Krnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Of course the skates left the ice. Look at the MSG feed compared to what we saw on RDS/CBC.
lol

David_99 and Moen in Glory

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
He will get suspended 3-5 games, book it.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Well they should suspend the clown that intentionally hit Gallagher with his stick right on the face while the kid just came out of a concussion. The only reason pacioretty gets an hearing is because of torts tantrum... Bush league... Shanahan and quintal are a sad joke

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Pigems*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
lol

David_99 and Moen in Glory

****ing hilarious lol

Old
02-24-2013, 10:53 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:

Edit: One last point. Guys blaming McDonagh for not shying away? You don't want your players to take a hit to make a play? It's the hitters responsibility to hold up a bit - not crush every guy whose back is to the boards and say 'they should have known they were going to get hit and moved.' If this was Asham crushing Subban then would you honestly be saying.. 'Well, gee... Subban was going to play the puck, but he should have known Asham was bhind him so I think it's Subbans fault.'
Not suspension worthy. It was a boarding. Penalty. Done.

Anyways, this would've all been a non-story if Gainey hadn't traded him away

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
He will get suspended 3-5 games, book it.
Even as a Rangers fan I don't think he should be suspended. He will be because Shannahan will look at it as a retaliatory hit Vs a normal hockey play.

02-24-2013, 11:01 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
If its body on body into boards then good.
Body smashing head ESP skates leaving ice is bad.

Take a few games off max and learn from this error in judgment.
You should stick to Tennis...

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote