HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ have placed Jack Johnson on injured reserve - recalled Ryan Johansen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2013, 10:08 AM
  #1
Hooks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
CBJ have placed Jack Johnson on injured reserve - recalled Ryan Johansen

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer
#CBJ have placed Jack Johnson on injured reserve and recalled Ryan Johansen from Springfield.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=657126

Hooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:12 AM
  #2
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,980
vCash: 500
Hopefully its to get Joey back here and not indicative of a couple of week type injury. How long does a guy have to stay on IR?

Edit: Under old rules it was a minimum of 7 days. haven't found definitive answer for new one yet.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:16 AM
  #3
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,340
vCash: 500
Looks like Johnny Moore plays tonight vs Chicago. I hope Joey makes the most of this opportunity and continues to develop.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:29 AM
  #4
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,086
vCash: 500
I don't like them calling up Johansen. Why did they send him down if they were just going to call him back up? I thought the reason for sending down one of our best forwards was so he could develop his offensive game? They should have left him in the AHL a lot longer if that was the reason. I would like to know their reason for sending him down if that wasn't the reason.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:35 AM
  #5
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
I don't like them calling up Johansen. Why did they send him down if they were just going to call him back up? I thought the reason for sending down one of our best forwards was so he could develop his offensive game? They should have left him in the AHL a lot longer if that was the reason. I would like to know their reason for sending him down if that wasn't the reason.
Good question. Maybe so Jarmo can get a look? Maybe it was a Howson directed move to send him down? The jackets still don't what they're doing?

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:37 AM
  #6
OldGoaltender
Registered User
 
OldGoaltender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Triad NC
Country: United States
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Good question. Maybe so Jarmo can get a look? Maybe it was a Howson directed move to send him down? The jackets still don't what they're doing?
Boy I hope this is true. I do think Jarmo wants to know what kind of player Joey can be. I thought he started out fine but did taper off.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:43 AM
  #7
Socks
HeadFake
 
Socks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,003
vCash: 500
Damnit they broke our JJ. We just can't have nice things.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:03 AM
  #8
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
I don't like them calling up Johansen. Why did they send him down if they were just going to call him back up? I thought the reason for sending down one of our best forwards was so he could develop his offensive game? They should have left him in the AHL a lot longer if that was the reason. I would like to know their reason for sending him down if that wasn't the reason.
Who knows, he was averaging 1 point per game since he was sent back, and last night was the first night since he returned that he finished pointless in a game, JK probably wants a live look at him at the nhl level

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:10 AM
  #9
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Good question. Maybe so Jarmo can get a look? Maybe it was a Howson directed move to send him down? The jackets still don't what they're doing?
Wouldn't he have been the first forward brought up after Howson was fired if that was the case? Just trying to figure out what their plan is with Johansen. That has always been a big problem I have with our organization. We don't seem to have a plan. We change things all of the time. You need to have a plan for Johansen and stick with it no matter what happens.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:18 AM
  #10
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Wouldn't he have been the first forward brought up after Howson was fired if that was the case? Just trying to figure out what their plan is with Johansen. That has always been a big problem I have with our organization. We don't seem to have a plan. We change things all of the time. You need to have a plan for Johansen and stick with it no matter what happens.
I'm okay with it right now, gotta let Jarmo get a feel for things and players. Its hard to develop a plan when you've only been with the team a few weeks and haven't seen everyone you have to work with. Who knows maybe with Dubi, and Arty out Johansen has a big opportunity to step up. MAYBE he scores his first goal this season

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:36 AM
  #11
Hooks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
Doesn't look like Johanson will play tonight.

Jeff Rimer ‏@jrimercbj
#CBJ will start Mason vs #Blackhawks tonight. Johanson recalled but will be second forward to draw in. Drazenovic will be 1st says Richards

Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd
Richards: “Draz will be the first guy to go in. If we need a second guy then we may look at Ryan.” #CBJ

Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd
#CBJ has multiple “banged up” forwards. All are likely to play but will be gametime decisions, coach Todd Richards said. Hence Johansen.

Hooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:03 PM
  #12
Hipster Letestu
Registered User
 
Hipster Letestu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Westerville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Richards does not like Johansen apparently. Great.

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:26 PM
  #13
Iron Balls McGinty
Registered User
 
Iron Balls McGinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sec. 203/Worthington
Country: United States
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Letestu View Post
Richards does not like Johansen apparently. Great.
If Jarmo wants to see him play, this certainly helps the case of a new coach in the future. Richards is either with the program or not.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:35 PM
  #14
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
If Jarmo wants to see him play, this certainly helps the case of a new coach in the future. Richards is either with the program or not.
Or stupid

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:57 PM
  #15
Byrral
Registered User
 
Byrral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 500
Johansen deserves to be here as much as Drazenovic or Collins. Let him play.

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:03 PM
  #16
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat
 
Nanabijou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

If we're pulling up a forward "just in case" we have a player who can't play at the last minute, bring up anyone but Johansen.

If we're bringing up Johansen because JK want to see what he's got to offer against a tough Hawks team, then get him the game and let's go.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:13 PM
  #17
Byrral
Registered User
 
Byrral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

If we're pulling up a forward "just in case" we have a player who can't play at the last minute, bring up anyone but Johansen.

If we're bringing up Johansen because JK want to see what he's got to offer against a tough Hawks team, then get him the game and let's go.
Maybe this isn't short term

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:15 PM
  #18
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
Maybe this isn't short term
Or this fits with "the plan"? Gee, folks - Is it possible we as fans don't know what the plan is or can't see it?

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 02-24-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:16 PM
  #19
jacketman10
Registered User
 
jacketman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 283
vCash: 500
That is baffling to say the least. Why bring Ryan up only to have him watch? Confusion!?

jacketman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:18 PM
  #20
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
This call up isn't so #19 can "soak up the atmosphere". Surely Jack Johnson's injury is more than a day-to-day type of thing.

Matthew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:21 PM
  #21
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
This call up isn't so #19 can "soak up the atmosphere". Surely Jack Johnson's injury is more than a day-to-day type of thing.
Which would suggest a 7th D would make more sense?

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:26 PM
  #22
Byrral
Registered User
 
Byrral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Which would suggest a 7th D would make more sense?
Johansen was slated to be Jarmo's first player interview. So he decided to have him meet him in Chicago and get it over with

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:35 PM
  #23
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,017
vCash: 500
He'll be sent down in a few days.

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:08 PM
  #24
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Or this fits with "the plan"? Gee, folks - Is it possible we as fans don't know what the plan is or can't see it?
If it is the plan, it is a really bad one, IMO. Leave him in the NHL or leave him in the AHL. Let him play a lot and develop his game.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:12 PM
  #25
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 50
This team can't put points on the board, yet you'll put in Drazenovic before Johansen? Alright then, if you say so coach Richards.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.