HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings: Version VI - Just trade O'Reilly Already!

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Faltorvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
1. They have to sign Hackett, Falk, Bouchard and Clutterbuck

2. They have 10.6M to do that

3. They are currently in 8th with a -3 goal differential! Not a cup contender...

so instead of blasting someone actually LOOK at the facts!
As per cap geeks they have now 11.6m space with 18 signed.

3 of the names you listed are RFAs. All the leverage is in minnys hands.

and the 4th will be 29 years old , prime age for a cap scaling contract.

And they have 2 amnesties in hand.

to think that minny has even a hint of cap issues is a complete and utter joke.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Gardiner succeeded just fine with Gunnarson on the team last season.

Its extremely poor management to give away a struggling quality asset for nothing.

Could I see him moved? Yes. But its not going to for nothing.
Agreed.

Teams will look at his play as a body of work... So i could see us get fair value back for Gunnar.

We are just too stacked at LD... We need to get Gards back in and the only logical player is Gunnar.

I could see him go to Det, LA, Wash, Col and Edm.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Antropovsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
With Gunnarsson I'd rather just sit him until he's back to 100%. Playing him while hurt isn't helping anyone right now. Trading him now would be stupid since you aren't going to get his true value while hurt and frankly he's going to be useful to the team going forward. There are other guys you can move.

It's kind of silly to move a guy who isn't playing at 100% in order to call up and play a guy who also may not be playing at 100%. Are we going to talk about trading Gardiner next if he isn't completely back to his old self yet?

We do need to move some bodies, but let's make sure we move the right ones.
I don't understand why he's playing at all, we have 3 healthy guys waiting for a spot, and instead we put the guy in, whose got an excuse for whenever he makes a mistake. If he needs surgery, get him it ASAP. Caryle said he's trying to establish an identity, and send a message to his team, the best players will play. Last few games, whenever a scoring chance occurs, I always seem to see the # 36 chasing his coverage.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:43 AM
rumman

Quote:
Hurt

Thats why he cant tie up his man in front of the net?

He has to go for Gardiner to succeed... its inevitable!
although I think all of Lilies, Gunner, and Gards are mobile offensive defensemen, having 3 on the team is redundant, IMO, packaging one or maybe even two of the three for a number one centre would be a good idea. due to his younger age, I'd prefer the Leafs keep Gards, What teams out there are in dire need of defensive help, and have a true #1 centre to trade? Pretty hard to find that scenario!

Old
02-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
As per cap geeks they have now 11.6m space with 18 signed.

3 of the names you listed are RFAs. All the leverage is in minnys hands.

and the 4th will be 29 years old , prime age for a cap scaling contract.

And they have 2 amnesties in hand.

to think that minny has even a hint of cap issues is a complete and utter joke.
i'm sorry but ur wrong...

Clutterbuck will get 3-3.5 per (Upshall money)
Falk will get 1.5-2 per (McBain money)
Hackett will get 1.5-1.8 per (Reimer money)
Bouchard will get 4-4.5 per (Ruutu money)

So even if you add up all the lower AAV's thats $10M!!!

There is NO WAY they can amnesty buyout Heatley after they spent so much on Parise/Suter... Ownership would never allow that.

Backstrom is the odd man out! They have Hackett and Kuemper moving forward!!! They are both young stud goalies and have showed this at every level so far.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:59 AM
stanleyorbust

Quote:
Kuemper is also ANOTHER reason why the Wild can trade Backstrom!

and TBH if we cant get Backstrom we should pursue Hackett or Kuemper! Both are studs!

Either way i think there is a deal to be had for a Wild goalie.
Until any of these guys prove anything in the NHL, Minny is not moving thier #1. Dont be surprised if they move Harding and resign Backstrom for another two years and let the young guys fight for backup.

Minny is a potential contender. Reasons they wont trade backstrom:
1. They just signed Parise and Suter for a cup push.
2. Team depends on revenue from playoffs.
3. No proven heir to #1 goaltender spot
4. High risk, low reward. How does gm retain job if minny misses playoffs after the past offseason signings?

Toronto is better off waiting and grabbing a pending UFA from a non playoff team at the deal line and inquiring about Jonas Hiller in the offseason. With Reimer and Scrivens there is no point in trading for another inexperienced goalie

Old
02-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
I gotta say we dodged a HUGE bullet by not getting Brad Richards.

Watched 2-3 Rangers games and believe it or not...he looks worse than Scott Gomez ever did for the Habs.

He got 12M last year, he's getting 12M this year...he got paid big money and he has officially checked out.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:
i'm sorry but ur wrong...

Clutterbuck will get 3-3.5 per (Upshall money)
Falk will get 1.5-2 per (McBain money)
Hackett will get 1.5-1.8 per (Reimer money)
Bouchard will get 4-4.5 per (Ruutu money)

So even if you add up all the lower AAV's thats $10M!!!

There is NO WAY they can amnesty buyout Heatley after they spent so much on Parise/Suter... Ownership would never allow that.

Backstrom is the odd man out! They have Hackett and Kuemper moving forward!!! They are both young stud goalies and have showed this at every level so far.
Where am i wrong?

You take Hacketts 1.8 off the books they won't carry 3 tenders.

Bouch will at best 3.5 -3.75 tops.

CC at 3m

Faulk at 2m

thats 8.75M with 21 signed, leaving close to 3m to work a re up with Back. At 35 you can offer a 4 year scaler.

They could easily send Heats to another team and hold back some of that 7.5m.

I'm sure there is a market out there for a 5m cap hit Heats for 1 season.

Hell I'd take him for that just to flip him at the TD.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:19 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post

Watched 2-3 Rangers games and believe it or not...he looks worse than Scott Gomez ever did for the Habs.

He got 12M last year, he's getting 12M this year...he got paid big money and he has officially checked out.
Burke didnt like this contracts for a reason. Most teams that give them out regret them relatively quickly.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:24 AM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Burke didnt like this contracts for a reason. Most teams that give them out regret them relatively quickly.
Burke's had his share of dodgy deals also...Komisarek, Grabovski, Connolly, but agree we dodged a bullet. Rangers seem to be the poster boys for bad contracts.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Pi

Quote:
It's amazing that the Rangers will get away with it again...thanks to the compliance buyout.

I can see them buying out Richards after the 2013-14 season. If they don't buy him out, they are stuck with him for another 5 years.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:29 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Passenger View Post
Burke's had his share of dodgy deals also...Komisarek, Grabovski, Connolly, but agree we dodged a bullet. Rangers seem to be the poster boys for bad contracts.
But we'll be out of them within a handful of years. Not a decade or more.

EDIT - Wow. I didnt run the #s but this is scary if accurate

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...GOJVqBj4SYWbdN

Quote:
Richards’ cap hit is $6.67 million per for six more seasons. The cap-recapture penalties on front-loaded contracts such as his mean the Rangers would be punished severely if the 32-year-old pivot were to retire before the end of his deal. A normal course buyout down the road would burden the Rangers with three seasons of between $6 million and $7 million of dead cap space.

Last edited by blasted_Sabre: 02-24-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old
02-24-2013, 11:07 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:

Umm what?

BR was the #1c on a team that lead the east last reg season and 2nd overall in the league.

Posted 15p in 20 PO games.

11 points in 17 games so far, not sure what the fuss is about.

Well unless it's some kind of hollow attempt to pat BB on the back for not signing him.

Which i would list as a epic fail so far.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Pi

Quote:
Umm what?

BR was the #1c on a team that lead the east last reg season and 2nd overall in the league.

Well unless it's some kind of hollow attempt to pat BB on the back for not signing him.

Points are not everything...most of those points are probably secondary assists.

Brad Richards is not the same as he was in Tampa or Dallas. They will buy him out for sure...this season or the next.

He has made 24M out of the 60M in two years of his 9 year deal. He is a very very lazy player.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Points are not everything...most of those points are probably secondary assists.

Brad Richards is not the same as he was in Tampa or Dallas. They will buy him out for sure...this season or the next.

He has made 24M out of the 60M in two years of his 9 year deal. He is a very very lazy player.
Your losing your mind Pi.

But this CNN/Fox mentality of "rather be first then right" is the new age thing i guess.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Pi

Quote:
Your losing your mind Pi.

But this CNN/Fox mentality of "rather be first then right" is the new age thing i guess.
Willing to bet all the vCash that the Rangers will buy out Richards within 2 years or find some sucker like Calgary and get their top prospect for him.

I wouldn't put it past Feaster to trade Sven Baertschi for Brad Richards.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Willing to bet all the vCash that the Rangers will buy out Richards within 2 years or find some sucker like Calgary and get their top prospect for him.

I wouldn't put it past Feaster to trade Sven Baertschi for Brad Richards.
LOL, a 2 year bet, how useless.

Obviously our opinions differ greatly on this topic.

it's a sad day indeed ,when one has to go to such extraordinary lengths, to try and find something to give credit to BB.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:05 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
LOL, a 2 year bet, how useless.

Obviously our opinions differ greatly on this topic.

it's a sad day indeed ,when one has to go to such extraordinary lengths, to try and find something to give credit to BB.
I would say it is an even sadder day when poeple find any little excuse to bash someone and their reputation out of sheer spite.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Where am i wrong?

You take Hacketts 1.8 off the books they won't carry 3 tenders.

Bouch will at best 3.5 -3.75 tops.

CC at 3m

Faulk at 2m

thats 8.75M with 21 signed, leaving close to 3m to work a re up with Back. At 35 you can offer a 4 year scaler.

They could easily send Heats to another team and hold back some of that 7.5m.

I'm sure there is a market out there for a 5m cap hit Heats for 1 season.

Hell I'd take him for that just to flip him at the TD.
Hackett and Kuemper is their future, Backstrom is still a good goalie but needs a change of scenery.

I'd be shocked if he doesnt get traded.

I predict it will be to the Leafs.

Time will tell...

AND if not and the Wild sign Backstrom long term we should try and pry away Hackett ASAP! This kid is special and will be an elite tender for a long time.

on a piss poor Wild team last year in 12 games he posted a .922 S% and a 2.37 GAA!

Old
02-24-2013, 02:32 PM
dimi78

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
although I think all of Lilies, Gunner, and Gards are mobile offensive defensemen, having 3 on the team is redundant, IMO, packaging one or maybe even two of the three for a number one centre would be a good idea. due to his younger age, I'd prefer the Leafs keep Gards, What teams out there are in dire need of defensive help, and have a true #1 centre to trade? Pretty hard to find that scenario!
Gunnerson isn't an offensive D men. Never was and never will be he's a tweener neither a shut down guy or a puck moving offensive D men. He's a sound positional D men who could give you on most nights safe minutes but gets exposed vs tough teams due to his soft make up as a player.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Umm what?

I haven't seen him play so I can't put in my own opinion but I know a lot of Rangers fans are upset with his play. They say that he played terribly the 2nd half of last season and so far thsi season just doesn't look like he wants to be there. They say that although he is getting some points it isn't because of him that the goals are being scored.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:45 PM
leugangen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
Gunnerson isn't an offensive D men. Never was and never will be he's a tweener neither a shut down guy or a puck moving offensive D men. He's a sound positional D men who could give you on most nights safe minutes but gets exposed vs tough teams due to his soft make up as a player.
hahaha yeah ok.

Gunnar has been our most consistent defensive d-man over the last few seasons. He has had a couple rough games because of a hip injury - which isn't a minor issue to have.

What is this notion that every defensive d-man has to destroy everyone physically to be effective? Gunnar separates guys from the puck, and almost always gets the puck out of our end safely.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:

I find it funny that Bozak at 1.5 million has more goals and the same amount of points as Richards. We dodged a huge bullet. Leafs need to stick with developing their homegrown talent and signing them to reasonable contracts. The Leafs aren't in a place to be offering up 7 year contracts to players over 30 years old.

It pisses me off that Sather keeps getting away with his mistakes.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Hackett and Kuemper is their future, Backstrom is still a good goalie but needs a change of scenery.

I'd be shocked if he doesnt get traded.

I predict it will be to the Leafs.

Time will tell...

AND if not and the Wild sign Backstrom long term we should try and pry away Hackett ASAP! This kid is special and will be an elite tender for a long time.

on a piss poor Wild team last year in 12 games he posted a .922 S% and a 2.37 GAA!
Hackett is 22 and NB is 35, looks like a perfect fit to give NB 3 years and let Hackett develop some more.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I haven't seen him play so I can't put in my own opinion but I know a lot of Rangers fans are upset with his play. They say that he played terribly the 2nd half of last season and so far thsi season just doesn't look like he wants to be there. They say that although he is getting some points it isn't because of him that the goals are being scored.
LOL, your basing this off Rags fans in HF?

They are bloody piranhas, they make our viciousness toward our own look like Sunday school.

Closed Thread