Danes in the NHL and their exploits.

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
People are really nitpicking too much on statistical details. Frans, Jannik and Bødker are doing fine. Reports are that Eller has been solid. Philip may be struggling but consistency issues are not uncommon for young defensemen. Regin - well. Obviously things are not great. He hasn't been good. I'm pretty sure he'll be released in the offseason and signed 1 year/sub-1 mil as a project for a bottom team.
Yeah maybe........it's just we want to see more danish goals. Pure demand

Old
02-23-2013, 10:37 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Sounds totally incomprehensible? But it was really mysterious that they pulled Nicklas Jensen from the 1st line to play 4'th line. His production has really stagnated after the fantastic beginning of the SEL season.
Maybe this is the reason or maybe it's conspiracy theory
Is it because Jensen was upset at the level of play in the club and was put down to 4'th line "to learn his place" as rookie", or just because AIK couldn't trade him?? Let's of questions here?
But for AIK that struggles to avoid relegation playoffs it's really madness to put a player on the 4'th line for that reason???

EDIT: Actually it's even worse since he was apparently put as 13'th forward for the last 7-8 games..
Yup, most games he only totalled 3-5 mins.. some 0! Hard to put up numbers that way....

But yeah, lot's of questions! I think it's a mix.. But there are allot of good theories on the Nuck board

Haha yeah, maybe the Canuck Conspiracu stretched it's horrible fingers to Europe!

Old
02-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Justinov

Otherwise Jannik Hansen was back in action last night when Vancouver won 1-0 over Nashville with a goal by Dale Weise of all people (the guy that played lockout in Holland).

Old
02-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Justinov

Tonight Phoenix vs Edmonton. See if Bødker can get a point there, though two teams that have had good defence so far, but are also fairly low scoring.
NYI vs Buffalo. Frans Nielsen might streak against Buffalo's generous defence.
NYR vs Montreal. Both teams on OT last time....could be so again! Hope Lars Eller keep shining.
Toronto vs Ottawa. Happy if Regin just plays. Toronto has been surpisingly good so far, but Ottawa still get points through weakened without both Karlsson and Spezza.
San Jose vs Dallas. Tough one for Dallas and for Philip Larsen to withstand their attack-bulk.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:36 AM
matCH penalty

If Lars Eller hasn't cemented his position in the top six in Montreal after this week, I really don't know what will do it. There's a very good argument to be made IMO that he's been our most consistently excellent player over the last 4-5 games. He also brings out some wonderful offensive instincts in Galchenyuk. I really have to think he's not going to be down on the fourth line anymore.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:37 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Tonight Phoenix vs Edmonton. See if Bødker can get a point there, though two teams that have had good defence so far, but are also fairly low scoring.
1 assist for Boedker, but not an overall great game, watched it, and im still very uncertain about Boedker.

He shows flashes of brilliance, but something is missing.

Quote:
Good game from NYI, Nielsen with loads of TOI but no offensive contribution and a 0 rating for him. Didn't watch the game, so if anyone has info on his overall game?

Quote:
NYR vs Montreal. Both teams on OT last time....could be so again! Hope Lars Eller keep shining.
Great game from Eller, WOW, just WOW.. Watched the game, and other than his +3 rating 1g and 1a, he played a great game in his own end, and showed that he IS a good playmaker and that he CAN dangle

Quote:
Toronto vs Ottawa. Happy if Regin just plays. Toronto has been surpisingly good so far, but Ottawa still get points through weakened without both Karlsson and Spezza.
No Regin.

Quote:
San Jose vs Dallas. Tough one for Dallas and for Philip Larsen to withstand their attack-bulk.
Win for Dallas but low TOI for Larsen and no signifacant impact offensively.. Again, did not watch the game, so if anyone has any idea about his D in this game?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the AHL Frederik Andersen stoppen 37 out of 39 shots in Norfolks 3-2 win and that earned him another 1st star

Also, all hope might not be out for Andersen, got this from the Canes board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Not quite.

Reading the Ducks forum, it sounds like they'll likely trade Hiller in the offseason (to not only give Hiller a chance to start somewhere, but free up space to sign Getzlaf/Perry), then go into next season with a Fasth/Andersen combination.

Sort of a 1A/1B situation. Which, to be fair, is still probably a better deal than he would have gotten here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
I don't really blame the guy or his agent.

He (and his agent) saw the writing on the wall, and knew that Ward is likely going to be the starter for the majority of Ward's career. So he left elsewhere to see if he can't win the starter spot on a team that's a little more tumultuous in their starting goaltender position.

And if Anaheim does go with Fasth/Andersen as a 1A/1B, that's likely going to be his best shot. When Fasth struggles (and I don't doubt that he will at some point), it'll be on Andersen to get his chance.

Take it for what it is

Old
02-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Bødker managed an assist but missed his penalty in the shootout. 3-2 shootout win to Edmonton.
NYI got through the holes in the Buffalo defence and Nabokov got a shutout; but sadly no point and +0 for Frans Nielsen (but at least no minus game for him).
Montreal won 3-0 over NYR with huge succes for Lars Eller with 1G 1A and +2. The line Galchenyuk, Eller, Cole each got 1G 1A.
Regin didn't play for Ottawa that won 3-2 over Toronto (huge succes for Aalborg Pirates lockout player Colin Greening with 1G 2A
Larsen got injured in the match against San Jose. Dalles managed to win 3-1 over San Jose with only 4 d-men in the end, since even Aaron Rome got injured.

EDIT: Apparently the injury to Philip Larsen is not so serious (no concussion). Found this in the Dallas board.
Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge
Philip Larsen said he feels fine, has a cut on his forehead.
Our Dane should be OK..

Last edited by Justinov: 02-24-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old
02-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by matCH penalty View Post
If Lars Eller hasn't cemented his position in the top six in Montreal after this week, I really don't know what will do it. There's a very good argument to be made IMO that he's been our most consistently excellent player over the last 4-5 games. He also brings out some wonderful offensive instincts in Galchenyuk. I really have to think he's not going to be down on the fourth line anymore.
What position did Eller and Galchenyuk play. Did they both rotate between right wing and center, or Galchenyuk as center and Eller as RW??
Really great to see him work his way out slowly of a tough position in the club!

Old
02-24-2013, 09:05 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
In the AHL Frederik Andersen stoppen 37 out of 39 shots in Norfolks 3-2 win and that earned him another 1st star
Also, all hope might not be out for Andersen, got this from the Canes board.
Frederik Andersen certainly continues to play well in AHL - and he has to if he wants any chance of a NHL spot. He worked his SVS% up to 93,1% now!

His chance will increase a lot IF Anaheim trade Hiller - but will they?? Probably depends if they qualify for Stanley Cup or not. If not they might trade him. If they do they want an experienced proven goalie.

Last edited by Justinov: 02-24-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old
02-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Bank

Quote:
Bødker managed an assist but missed his penalty in the shootout. 3-2 shootout win to Edmonton.
NYI got through the holes in the Buffalo defence and Nabokov got a shutout; but sadly no point and +0 for Frans Nielsen (but at least no minus game for him).
Montreal won 3-0 over NYR with huge succes for Lars Eller with 1G 1A and +2. The line Galchenyuk, Eller, Cole each got 1G 1A.
Regin didn't play for Ottawa that won 3-2 over Toronto (huge succes for Aalborg Pirates lockout player Colin Greening with 1G 2A
Larsen got injured in the match against San Jose. Dalles managed to win 3-1 over San Jose with only 4 d-men in the end, since even Aaron Rome got injured.
Larsen's fine. He had a cut in the forehead I believe but word is he'll be fine. No word on the Rome injury. Apart from Oleksiak the guys they'd call up from the AHL team(Nemeth, Sloan, Fortunus) are all injured. Daley should be back monday but I can't help to think they'll try and flip a guy like Wandell for some depth on D from a team like Colorado.

The parts of the game I watched Philip Larsen was continuing his nervous streak. Perhaps the injuries on the D-line can give him an opportunity to focus more on being a defensively sound d-man, but I fear the uncertainty and rotation will harm a young guy trying to hard.

GREAT DANISH NIGHT BTW! Eller's freaking flying. Very excited to see the line-up once B. Gallagher returns. Boedker had a good game IMO even though it wasn't his best this year. He's less than a degree or two from a goal and is still doing a lot of the small things great. If we take his forechecking as an example - many times he uses his speed to force a rushed pass out of the d-man starting the transition. Last night the Phoenix D did a poor job of winning the puck battles following but it's an example of Boedker adding more than just what shows up on the score sheet. IMO he's joined the battle for best Dane in the NHL. NYI and Frans Nielsen got a win. Ditto DAL and Philip Larsen - and btw less TOI for Philip Larsen might not be the worst thing right now.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:24 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Larsen's fine. He had a cut in the forehead I believe but word is he'll be fine. No word on the Rome injury. Apart from Oleksiak the guys they'd call up from the AHL team(Nemeth, Sloan, Fortunus) are all injured. Daley should be back monday but I can't help to think they'll try and flip a guy like Wandell for some depth on D from a team like Colorado.

The parts of the game I watched Philip Larsen was continuing his nervous streak. Perhaps the injuries on the D-line can give him an opportunity to focus more on being a defensively sound d-man, but I fear the uncertainty and rotation will harm a young guy trying to hard.

GREAT DANISH NIGHT BTW! Eller's freaking flying. Very excited to see the line-up once B. Gallagher returns. Boedker had a good game IMO even though it wasn't his best this year. He's less than a degree or two from a goal and is still doing a lot of the small things great. If we take his forechecking as an example - many times he uses his speed to force a rushed pass out of the d-man starting the transition. Last night the Phoenix D did a poor job of winning the puck battles following but it's an example of Boedker adding more than just what shows up on the score sheet. IMO he's joined the battle for best Dane in the NHL. NYI and Frans Nielsen got a win. Ditto DAL and Philip Larsen - and btw less TOI for Philip Larsen might not be the worst thing right now.
Actually quite incredible that Dallas still manages to win with this backline chaos (6-4 in the last 10). Shame that Larsen appears rattled by all this.

Really hope that Eller can stay with Galchenyuk (and Cole?) when Gallagher comes back; but with recent Montreal history he could still be moved back to 4'th line?! At least Montreal now have increased his trading value a lot if that is their plan (or if they get an offer they can't refuse).

Anyone has some idea of the rumour he might go to Columbus? What would Montreal demand from Eller and what will people trade him for?

Old
02-24-2013, 09:56 AM
matCH penalty

Quote:
What position did Eller and Galchenyuk play. Did they both rotate between right wing and center, or Galchenyuk as center and Eller as RW??
Really great to see him work his way out slowly of a tough position in the club!
They rotated a bit, but Eller was centre most of the night. Not his best night for face offs, but he was absolutely brilliant with everything else. Lars brings out the best in Galchenyuk. The two skate so well and so fast. It forced Cole to return to his previous level of speed, which made a huge difference; It's a lot like last season with Kostitsyn. Except he gets two skilled wingers instead of one! When Bourque is back from the flu, I could see Cole either staying with Eller and Galchenyuk or Bourque taking his place. Putting a power forward (even a marginal one) with Eller gets stuff done. And as usual, he was impeccable defensively. The complete nature of his game gets overlooked sometimes because it's just automatic for him.

Quote:
Really hope that Eller can stay with Galchenyuk (and Cole?) when Gallagher comes back; but with recent Montreal history he could still be moved back to 4'th line?! At least Montreal now have increased his trading value a lot if that is their plan (or if they get an offer they can't refuse).
As each game passes it becomes more obvious to (almost) everyone that Eller is a much more effective centre than Desharnais. Cole was with Desharnais and did a whole lot of nothing. A few games with Eller and he's much better. Galchenyuk is at his best with Eller. It's not an accident. I really don't see how MT/MB can justify not keeping Eller and playing him where he belongs when he makes everyone around him better and is much more reliable defensively. DD can be transitioned into a winger if he sticks around, which lets us roll an incredible amount of skill in the top 9. It just doesn't make sense to me why they'd downgrade so much. Especially in today's NHL. Small centres kill you, particularly ones who don't win a lot of face offs and get knocked off the puck constantly.

Quote:
Anyone has some idea of the rumour he might go to Columbus? What would Montreal demand from Eller and what will people trade him for?
I haven't heard that one, but I would hope it doesn't happen. Both for selfish reasons and the fact that it'd have a severe impact on his career. Columbus just can't get it together. I really don't know who we'd want from their roster. Basically everyone would be a lateral move at best. Columbus is in an endless rebuild and I doubt they'd move forward prospects. Brassard? Anisimov? We don't want or need any of their D or D prospects. Don't really like any of that...

Old
02-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by matCH penalty View Post
They rotated a bit, but Eller was centre most of the night. Not his best night for face offs, but he was absolutely brilliant with everything else. Lars brings out the best in Galchenyuk. The two skate so well and so fast. It forced Cole to return to his previous level of speed, which made a huge difference; It's a lot like last season with Kostitsyn. Except he gets two skilled wingers instead of one! When Bourque is back from the flu, I could see Cole either staying with Eller and Galchenyuk or Bourque taking his place. Putting a power forward (even a marginal one) with Eller gets stuff done. And as usual, he was impeccable defensively. The complete nature of his game gets overlooked sometimes because it's just automatic for him.

As each game passes it becomes more obvious to (almost) everyone that Eller is a much more effective centre than Desharnais. Cole was with Desharnais and did a whole lot of nothing. A few games with Eller and he's much better. Galchenyuk is at his best with Eller. It's not an accident. I really don't see how MT/MB can justify not keeping Eller and playing him where he belongs when he makes everyone around him better and is much more reliable defensively. DD can be transitioned into a winger if he sticks around, which lets us roll an incredible amount of skill in the top 9. It just doesn't make sense to me why they'd downgrade so much. Especially in today's NHL. Small centres kill you, particularly ones who don't win a lot of face offs and get knocked off the puck constantly.

I haven't heard that one, but I would hope it doesn't happen. Both for selfish reasons and the fact that it'd have a severe impact on his career. Columbus just can't get it together. I really don't know who we'd want from their roster. Basically everyone would be a lateral move at best. Columbus is in an endless rebuild and I doubt they'd move forward prospects. Brassard? Anisimov? We don't want or need any of their D or D prospects. Don't really like any of that...
Great post. Thanks for your insight!
The rumour is because the new general manager in Columbus Jarmo Kekalainen was the one that originally drafted Lars Eller in the first round.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:18 PM
matCH penalty

Quote:
The rumour is because the new general manager in Columbus Jarmo Kekalainen was the one that originally drafted Lars Eller in the first round.
Ah, okay. I can understand that. Kekalainen was killer in St. Louis and he's going to be a great GM if the ownership in Columbus gives him the resources to succeed. Or elsewhere, if they don't It's wonderful to see him get a GM job. I love that the NHL is becoming less and less of a sleazy good old (North American ) boys' club.

Last edited by matCH penalty: 02-24-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old
02-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Bank

Notes for tonight:

Vancouver - Detroit: Weak special teams in Detroit to go along with a mile long injury list. Looks like Howards is in net for the second night in a row. PP-time for Jannik please Hoping for the 'Nucks to win comfortably.

New York I. - Carolina: Poulin might be in net for Islanders. Both teams on the second night of a back-to-back. NUMBERS ALERT! Frans has 1 point and is a -2 in the last five games. Fearing this will go to the Canes.

Calgary - Phoenix: Boedker is on a three game point streak. Let's hope that keeps rolling.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Notes for tonight:

Vancouver - Detroit: Weak special teams in Detroit to go along with a mile long injury list. Looks like Howards is in net for the second night in a row. PP-time for Jannik please Hoping for the 'Nucks to win comfortably.

New York I. - Carolina: Poulin might be in net for Islanders. Both teams on the second night of a back-to-back. NUMBERS ALERT! Frans has 1 point and is a -2 in the last five games. Fearing this will go to the Canes.

Calgary - Phoenix: Boedker is on a three game point streak. Let's hope that keeps rolling.
It's a bit mystifying how Detroit can have weak special teams with their roster (even with their injuries). I don't think it will be easy for Vancouver though...

NYI might have problems with back-to-back games more than Carolina since they rely so heavilty in the Tavares line to produce offence these days. But if Nabokov performs again they certainly have a chance. But it is time for Frans Nielsen to produce more on the second line.

Phoenix should really win over Calgary if they want to go to playoffs! Hopefully Bødker can find his way to another of the generous defences in NHL.

Two points tonight could be a realistic hope...

Old
02-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Bank

Quote:
It's a bit mystifying how Detroit can have weak special teams with their roster (even with their injuries). I don't think it will be easy for Vancouver though...

NYI might have problems with back-to-back games more than Carolina since they rely so heavilty in the Tavares line to produce offence these days. But if Nabokov performs again they certainly have a chance. But it is time for Frans Nielsen to produce more on the second line.

Phoenix should really win over Calgary if they want to go to playoffs! Hopefully Bødker can find his way to another of the generous defences in NHL.

Two points tonight could be a realistic hope...
Four could be an optimistic hope

Old
02-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Bank

New twist... Apparently Philip Larsen is NOT fine. Unlike Kari Lehtonen and Trevor Daley he's not on the flight today for the upcoming road trip. His injury is now described as a head-injury.

Dear god I hope he hasn't woken up with concussion symptoms and this is just precaution

EDIT: Oh and Rome is out for a while - so Oleksiak has been brough up. That's 8 d-men with question marks surrounding three of them.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:39 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Ugh....

Vancouver

What a horrible game for all..

And to make matters worse, horrible danish night.. Yet again.

All losses and NO Danish points and HORRIBLE +- stats.

Hansen -2

Nielsen 0 and 5 shots, most on team with no points to follow.

Boedker -3

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 02-25-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old
02-25-2013, 07:15 AM
Bank

Quote:
It's a bit mystifying how Detroit can have weak special teams with their roster (even with their injuries).
Well that second period kinda proved that statistics is made to be broken. What was it? 3 for 4 PP's while Vancouver went 0 for 3. Auch...

Old
02-25-2013, 07:24 AM
wings5

Noticed on the NHL site Lars Eller is listed at 6'2 209 lbs and on wikipedia at 6'3 210 lbs wow, quite the difference from draft day when he was listed at 6'0 198 lbs.

Little piece on Eller : http://www.cjad.com/Blog/HabsNews/bl...tryID=10507949

Old
02-25-2013, 08:51 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Noticed on the NHL site Lars Eller is listed at 6'2 209 lbs and on wikipedia at 6'3 210 lbs wow, quite the difference from draft day when he was listed at 6'0 198 lbs.

Little piece on Eller : http://www.cjad.com/Blog/HabsNews/bl...tryID=10507949
Yeah, Eller is a big boy!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old
02-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Ugh....

Vancouver

What a horrible game for all..

And to make matters worse, horrible danish night.. Yet again.

All losses and NO Danish points and HORRIBLE +- stats.

Hansen -2

Nielsen 0 and 5 shots, most on team with no points to follow.

Boedker -3
Yeah it wasn't one of their finest hours that is for sure.
But it is positive that Frans Nielsen at least was stable defensively again with +0. Hansen at -2 is OK I guess in a 8-3 loss, but Bødker -3 in a 5-4 loss?
But Detroit certainly got over their special team problems with 3 PP goals in the second period and then it was goodnight Vancouver.
Phoenix lost a 4-3 lead to a 4-5 loss with only 1½ min left of the game.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:03 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Yeah it wasn't one of their finest hours that is for sure.
But it is positive that Frans Nielsen at least was stable defensively again with +0. Hansen at -2 is OK I guess in a 8-3 loss, but Bødker -3 in a 5-4 loss?
But Detroit certainly got over their special team problems with 3 PP goals in the second period and then it was goodnight Vancouver.
Phoenix lost a 4-3 lead to a 4-5 loss with only 1½ min left of the game.
Well I guess you know that I am furious about the Vancouver game! Not Hansen's finest hour, he is very carefull! And that takes allot away from his game..it's like he's lost his edge after the suspension. Out of fear for another one!

Iv'e noticed Nielsen having allot of shots every game, but no goals.. He used to have a great shot.. SO what's up with that?

Boedker, well what a ****** game by him! But to be fair, he is not utilized to his fullest, his linemates are too slow and not precise enough.. This comes from the PHO board themselves.

BUT BUT BUT, -3 in a 5-4 loss is just not good enough!

Old
02-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Well I guess you know that I am furious about the Vancouver game! Not Hansen's finest hour, he is very carefull! And that takes allot away from his game..it's like he's lost his edge after the suspension. Out of fear for another one!

Iv'e noticed Nielsen having allot of shots every game, but no goals.. He used to have a great shot.. SO what's up with that?

Boedker, well what a ****** game by him! But to be fair, he is not utilized to his fullest, his linemates are too slow and not precise enough.. This comes from the PHO board themselves.

BUT BUT BUT, -3 in a 5-4 loss is just not good enough!
Yeah Frans Nielsen has been goal-jinxed all season. Only 4 goals in Lukko and only 2 goals so far in NHL. He might have a hidden fatigue injury (?) in the hands or shoulders that makes his shot is weaker than before?
Otherwise it's just the classic scoring drought that can suddenly hit even great goalscorers (Fernando Torres for example). You start doubting yourself and then react to slowly or over-think the situation making it more complicated than it is?!

With a Vancouver 8-3 loss the Luongo talk will start again. From shutout to 8 goals against (only 20 saved out of 28). Really day and night performances. You are probably still fuming over it......you have to explain it away with a conspiracy theory, right

Closed Thread