HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo - Pittsburgh

Old
02-24-2013, 11:43 AM
leafspensfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
because Pominville is our captain, he has been a 60+ point player for his career, he has gotten better the last few years. He is our best 2 way foward, he plays every situation, he has this year and next on his contract, he loves being in buffalo. he is one of only 2 foward who we can count on offensively. Use you little smilies all you want but look at it from Buffalo's pov as well as Pittsburgh, we are not just gonna hand you are most reliable player. It's quite obvious you know little about Buffalo's organization or players.

Now tell me why we would trade that for a less than great offer?
OK. Let's work with a proposal of yours, tell me what you would want from Pittsburgh and we'll find a common ground that we feel could work from both sides.

leafspensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:43 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Any Sabres fans comment on Regehr's play this season? He's a rental so I could see why you'd be willing to move him, but is he still a top 4 D on a contender?

If so, I'd do Niskanen+Maatta/1st+TK for Pominville+Regehr.
Top 4? Not sure. He's lost a step, definitely. He's useless outside of the defensive zone entirely as well, but he's still a beast along the boards, plays the body well, and is very good on the PK. Whether he's worth acquiring I guess depends on whether or not you need that kind of guy on your blue line.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:45 AM
leafspensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
Definitely not, he could be of use in a 3rd pairing / PK role with limited minutes but there's no way you want him playing that much. He has the worst Shots Against while player is on ice for all defensemen in the league, over 38 per 60 minutes of even strength. The funny part is he's actually starting in the offensive zone over half of the time (well done Lindy) so it's not like he's getting a ton of defensive zone starts to explain the high totals (like he should because he has zero offensive ability).
How much would you want for him...

Old
02-24-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
OK. Let's work with a proposal of yours, tell me what you would want from Pittsburgh and we'll find a common ground that we feel could work from both sides.
I don't see anything that could move their captain for from the Penguins, you have some unbelievable pieces that won't be going anywhere then some average pieces. Guys like Maatta are good but I wouldn't move Pomer for.

I don't think the Sabres would move Pomer but if they did I could see it being to a team like Nashville, Calgary, Detroit, Dallas, Vancouver ect.. They have more to offer and pieces that are more attractive to Buffalo.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:12 PM
redsono93

What would you guys want for both Regehr and Foligino from the Penguins?

redsono93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsono93 View Post
Foligno isn't going anywhere but you can have Regehr for a 2nd.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:19 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Foligno should be near untouchable (ie: available only in the case of serious overpayment). I'd say Regehr's probably worth a 2nd. Maybe a 2nd+3rd closer to the deadline if there are a few teams interested in him.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:24 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Can someone explain what we want with Regher? Or is this already assuming a Niskanen involvement in another trade for a winger?

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:33 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Can someone explain what we want with Regher? Or is this already assuming a Niskanen involvement in another trade for a winger?
most of the trades have involved Niskanen going the other way, so yea, he'd come in as a depth guy for the playoffs

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:35 PM
redsono93

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
I'm thinking Regher is the type of Dman we need for playoffs. I'd trade Martin now for a winger he's doing great this year. Might as well trade him for a good winger when he's hot.

redsono93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:39 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
I'm thinking Regher is the type of Dman we need for playoffs. I'd trade Martin now for a winger he's doing great this year. Might as well trade him for a good winger when he's hot.
Martin's not going anywhere. Shero asked him if he wanted to be traded, and he explicitly said no, so I doubt Shero is going to go against that and trade him, especially since he's playing so damn well.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:42 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
most of the trades have involved Niskanen going the other way, so yea, he'd come in as a depth guy for the playoffs
Quote:
Yeah, okay, if a top4 D leaves in this or another trade, I get it and it makes sense. Was just wondering, if some of you acutally wanted him regardless of the winger trade, because the last couple pages had turned more to Regehrs value by himself, i.e. a 2nd.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:47 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
he's been the best (if not one of the best) d-man on the Pens, so they shouldn't deal him unless they get someone very capable of replacing him. besides, Shero asked last season if he wanted to be traded and he said no, then proceeded to work his ass off in the off-season to work on his game.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:53 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Even with as awesome as he has been (PP and all), I would not say Martin is 100% off limits. It obviously would take a completely different kind of return than trading Niskanen would and with his NTC it's probably unlikely though.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Best in the World

Quote:
Prospects? Yes.
Roster d-men. Maybe if we get another player back.

How bout this.

To Pittsburgh:
Pominville
Foligno
Mark Mancari

To Buffalo:
1st round pick
3rd round pick
Tyler Kennedy
Matt Niskanen

Fair?
Mancari and Foligno - No.
Pominville - Yes.

To Pittsburgh:
Pominville
Dman from Buffalo? Leopold? Regehr? A player that's still technically signed to Rochester wouldn't work.

To Buffalo:
Niskanen
1st round pick
Would the Pens trade Orpik?

Best in the World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:05 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best in the World View Post
Pominville - Yes.

To Pittsburgh:
Pominville
Dman from Buffalo? Leopold? Regehr? A player that's still technically signed to Rochester wouldn't work.

To Buffalo:
Niskanen
1st round pick
Pittsburgh:
Pominville
Regher

Buffalo:
Niskanen
1st rounder
3rd rounder

That could be a deal, but no way the Pens trade Orpik, him and Martin are too good of a pair to split up at this time.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:10 PM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
Pittsburgh:
Pominville
Regher

Buffalo:
Niskanen
1st rounder
3rd rounder

That could be a deal, but no way the Pens trade Orpik, him and Martin are too good of a pair to split up at this time.
No interest whatsoever. Late 1st and 3rd round pick and a 4-5 defender isn't nearly enough for the Sabres captain who consistent puts up 65+ points per year, is good defensively and plays on all special teams units. The offers in this thread have progressively gotten worse.

nEaLB4ZoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:12 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nEaLB4ZoD View Post
No interest whatsoever. Late 1st and 3rd round pick and a 4-5 defender isn't nearly enough for the Sabres captain who consistent puts up 65+ points per year, is good defensively and plays on all special teams units. The offers in this thread have progressively gotten worse.
Niskanen is not 4-5 defender, he could easily fit into your top 3 and do very well. He's got talent and an offensive side as well as playing well defensively.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:13 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

I would trade G. Reinhart + like Bailey or Okposo
I know he is already 30 but Ive always liked him and I doubt Buffalo would take more prospects like a Calvin Dehaan or Matt Donovan

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:17 PM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
Niskanen is not 4-5 defender, he could easily fit into your top 3 and do very well. He's got talent and an offensive side as well as playing well defensively.
Niskanen is 2nd pairing defender. Sorry that isn't good enough. How do you feel about trading Neal to the Sabres for Sekera, the Sabres 2nd and 3rd? That is basically equivalent to what you are offering for Pominville.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:18 PM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
I know he is already 30 but Ive always liked him and I doubt Buffalo would take more prospects like a Calvin Dehaan or Matt Donovan
So done it's not even funny.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:20 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nEaLB4ZoD View Post
Niskanen is 2nd pairing defender. Sorry that isn't good enough. How do you feel about trading Neal to the Sabres for Sekera, the Sabres 2nd and 3rd? That is basically equivalent to what you are offering for Pominville.
But Pittsburgh however is not at the bottom of the conference and we don't have to rebuild like you might have to. The best thing for you is to take in picks, prospects and a roster player that will have an impact (Niskanen), I'd gladly throw in Maata if it got the deal done.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:22 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
You get fleeced so badly that it's depressing...

Old
02-24-2013, 01:27 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best in the World View Post
Pominville - Yes.

To Pittsburgh:
Pominville

To Buffalo:
Niskanen
1st round pick
Not in that deal, no. As with Martin, I would not say that there are absolutely zero situations, in which I could imagine Orpik being traded, but we cannot trade 2 top4 D away in the same deal.

For it to be feasible for PIT (and I get that Pominville is your captain and yadda, yadda, so in the end it may not be feasible for BUF at all), it would have to be something like D prospect + 1st + TK and/or Niskanen (the latter only, if something else small like Regher comes back as well) or something along those lines somewhere.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:29 PM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
But Pittsburgh however is not at the bottom of the conference and we don't have to rebuild like you might have to. The best thing for you is to take in picks, prospects and a roster player that will have an impact (Niskanen), I'd gladly throw in Maata if it got the deal done.
That would be a very good deal with Matta added, and I would do that. Although Pominville has a year left on his contract after this season, and if he is available which he should be, there are going to be a lot of teams looking to land him. Very good two way player that could fit in on almost and first or second line in the league. He is also pretty consistent and has scored some big playoff goals.

If Pittsburgh were to land Pommers you could have Kunitz Crosby Pominville as your first line, and Neal Malkin Dupuis as your second. That would be sick and barring injury, hard to contend with in the playoffs.