HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 08:18 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
why do people want to trade king and nolan, they aren't gonna get anything of use in return. and for bottom liners they do what they are asked to do.
The only time i have added nolan to a trade to my best recall is when a team is asking for a younger player that has size grit and upside. As for King i dont think i ve added him to a trade unless the team is asking for again for a lw with 2nd line potential with size. Again I rarely offer anyone unless i feel they suit the needs of what the other team is asking for. I do think King would get someone useful if put in a trade situation but i see him staying as one of the two lw wingers we have signed for next year.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:39 PM
bobafettish*

how about Regehr? i haven't watched any sabre games but he was solid in calgary.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:47 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Again lewis was playing 4th line up untill calagary when they moved him up. Lewis again started this last game against the avs on the 2nd line before this him and nolan had 3rd forth line mins . At least tonight he didnt get any 3rd line shift i saw. Still hes playing the least amount on the kings.DS reward good play with mins if hes getting the least amount of mins to mean that means he s not playing well period.
Have you considered the possibility that he is moved up for the odd shift (or others moved down) due to other reasons, such as in game injuries (where a guy needs to miss a shift) or juggling lines after a powerplay or a penlaty kill, as some players may be tired and need a break. It happens often in the game, especially in the 2nd and 3rd period. The lines don't stay set all game long, they get mid game adjustments, and it's not just because Nolan looks good or someone else looks bad.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:41 AM
gonnaneedsomewine

Quote:
how about Regehr? i haven't watched any sabre games but he was solid in calgary.
I always liked Regehr but haven't seen him play in a while. If he's still a solid shutdown defenseman, I'd definitely be interested in bringing him in as a rental whose contract is up at the end of the year.

He does have NMC though, so you'd have to get him to waive, something he initially wasn't inclined to do when he was traded from Calgary to Buffalo.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:42 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Have you considered the possibility that he is moved up for the odd shift (or others moved down) due to other reasons, such as in game injuries (where a guy needs to miss a shift) or juggling lines after a powerplay or a penlaty kill, as some players may be tired and need a break. It happens often in the game, especially in the 2nd and 3rd period. The lines don't stay set all game long, they get mid game adjustments, and it's not just because Nolan looks good or someone else looks bad.
It always amazes me how that can be overlooked as an option. Watch a couple shifts carefully before leaping wildly to conclusions, perhaps the lines will settle out.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:20 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
why do people want to trade king and nolan, they aren't gonna get anything of use in return. and for bottom liners they do what they are asked to do.
Dwight king brings nothing to the table. Not good offensively, not good defensively. Doesn't hit, doesn't fight, doesn't use his size, isn't gritty, doesn't provide energy.

He's not an NHL player.

Whether or not we can get something for him in a trade is irrelevant. He simply shouldn't be in the lineup.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:08 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Dwight king brings nothing to the table. Not good offensively, not good defensively. Doesn't hit, doesn't fight, doesn't use his size, isn't gritty, doesn't provide energy.

He's not an NHL player.

Whether or not we can get something for him in a trade is irrelevant. He simply shouldn't be in the lineup.
He had a good run last year but his shine is starting to wear off with me. He was abysmal his first stint with the Kings, solid at the end of last year, abysmal with the Monarchs and has 75% bad shifts with the Kings this year. One good shift out of 14 a game should not earn him playing time when he has about 8 to 10 shifts where he does nothing right.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
He had a good run last year but his shine is starting to wear off with me. He was abysmal his first stint with the Kings, solid at the end of last year, abysmal with the Monarchs and has 75% bad shifts with the Kings this year. One good shift out of 14 a game should not earn him playing time when he has about 8 to 10 shifts where he does nothing right.
That's why I'm saying cash in our chips on him asap.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
He didn't want to waive to leave Calgary, and now that he's settled in Buffalo I doubt he'd want to waive to move again, unless of course he thinks Buffalo is only good for wings.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:24 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I have thought of this i ve see the combo within the first few mins of a period there was no pk or pp anywhere near the time. Injury is possibe but i tend to think not as i alway see lewis right after *(during the days when lewis was on 3rd 4 th line).To me hes trying to force chemistry which simply never happens.I know king and nolon have played in ahl together but there not a 3rd line combo in the nhl.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Buffalo fans say he isn't a solid player anymore. But who knows, Buffalo is God awful this year. Maybe in a better situation he could thrive.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:16 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

He's not an NHL player.

Daryl Sutter must not see it this way.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Shellz

Some of you are way too quick to jump down a players throat. Clifford was harped on so much last season and look where he is now? You have to be patient.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Some of you are way too quick to jump down a players throat. Clifford was harped on so much last season and look where he is now? You have to be patient.
If there are other people out of the lineup who can play more capably than King, then he shouldn't be playing. It's that simple. The Kings aren't a team that's in a position to deal with growing pains or general terribleness from players. King hasn't done anything to deserve to stay in the lineup this season, and that started with his play at Manchester during the lockout.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:41 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Daryl Sutter must not see it this way.
That's what I don't understand.

To me, Penner and Gagne are clearly more effective out there.

King is so invisible, that sometimes you forget about him.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Fishhead

Quote:

He's a step behind constantly. He still is willing to throw the body and go to the scoring areas, but by the time he gets there the opportunity has passed.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:47 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

I don't think Sutter is expecting King to be a big hitter or point producer. He moves his feet better than Penner does, or Penner would be in the lineup more than King.

Gagne? Man, I wish this guy could find his groove, but if he isn't putting up points his value drops quite a bit. King's job is to create space for his linemates and be a presence on the forecheck. This is what I believe Sutter means by "working hard" when it comes to King. Lately, King has been doing the little things that Sutter believes make a difference.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:50 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

I wouldn't mind LA trying to go for someone like Gaborik, Iginla, or Ryan.

The top lines seem to be working now, but there is room for improvement.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
If there are other people out of the lineup who can play more capably than King, then he shouldn't be playing. It's that simple. The Kings aren't a team that's in a position to deal with growing pains or general terribleness from players. King hasn't done anything to deserve to stay in the lineup this season, and that started with his play at Manchester during the lockout.
I wasn't saying he was playing good. I wouldn't be opposed to sitting him but I'm not ready to trade him. That's all.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

He's not an NHL player.

I respectfully disagree.

He has played just 48 games of regular season NHL hockey over 3 years. That is NOT a good sample size to already be calling him a non-NHL player.

Patience is key in development.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:02 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I don't think Sutter is expecting King to be a big hitter or point producer. He moves his feet better than Penner does, or Penner would be in the lineup more than King.

Gagne? Man, I wish this guy could find his groove, but if he isn't putting up points his value drops quite a bit. King's job is to create space for his linemates and be a presence on the forecheck. This is what I believe Sutter means by "working hard" when it comes to King. Lately, King has been doing the little things that Sutter believes make a difference.
I don't see any presence from him on the forecheck. He's too far behind the play to be effective.

Gagne hasn't been good, but he's still been more productive than King.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:09 PM
johnjm22

Also, in less games, Penner has more hits than King, more takeaways, the same amount of blocked shots, and less giveaways overall.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:08 PM
KBA4life

I agree with trading King now while he still has some semblance of value. Too much of a tweener, there's no identity to his game at all. If he cut the constant nice guy thing and played with a chip on his shoulder he would be way more effective. I'm not expecting him to drop the gloves every night, but with his size and decent skating ability he should be driving to the net constantly as opposed to turning the puck over on the end boards every opportunity he gets

Old
02-24-2013, 02:22 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The problem with King is they can't send him down without him going through waivers. So either he stays with the big club or he sits and watches. I don't think he's been much of a detriment, could he be better? Of course he can.

Lets not forget how a majority of you were writing off Clifford when he went through his sophomore slump. Look at his game now. If King starts to show that his play is declining next season, then it may be time to cut him loose. I'd be open to moving him now if it helped improve the team, but I'm not sure completely writing him off is wise to do at this stage.

Remember this teams past failures in giving up on forwards way too prematurely? Don't want to repeat that mistake.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Scottkmlps

King is pretty much a young player going through the sophmore growing pains. He'll be fine.

Closed Thread