HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Emelin on the PP?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2013, 01:24 PM
  #1
Maelpj*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Emelin on the PP?

He seems to get better every year. His skating is a lot more fluid, his decisions making improved, he hit hard and I feel less insecure with him on the ice than 1-2 years ago.

Why not try him a little bit more on the second wave PP? As much as I like Bouillon, I think Emelin could be dangerous on the PP. The guy has a solid Slapshot. First wave PK-Markov, second wave Diaz-Emelin would give us 2 playmaker-shooter combo at the blue line.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:33 PM
  #2
Emanresu Wen
Registered User
 
Emanresu Wen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,777
vCash: 500
He has a strong shot indeed, but no accuracy of what I've seen so far

Emanresu Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:34 PM
  #3
Analyzer*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,973
vCash: 50
He, like most of our d like to wait until an opponent is in front of them so their shot is blocked.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:35 PM
  #4
Maelpj*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu Wen View Post
He has a strong shot indeed, but no accuracy of what I've seen so far
That's nothing , it will improve. Markov and Subban don't have the more accurate shot too.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:35 PM
  #5
overlords
youmyboyblou!
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Planet Squanch
Posts: 26,816
vCash: 500
Would swap him with Bouillon in a second as an experiment. Been saying it for a while now.

overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:37 PM
  #6
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
He seems to get better every year. His skating is a lot more fluid, his decisions making improved, he hit hard and I feel less insecure with him on the ice than 1-2 years ago.

Why not try him a little bit more on the second wave PP? As much as I like Bouillon, I think Emelin could be dangerous on the PP. The guy has a solid Slapshot. First wave PK-Markov, second wave Diaz-Emelin would give us 2 playmaker-shooter combo at the blue line.
He wasn't even here two years ago......

Just sayin'

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:47 PM
  #7
Maelpj*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
He wasn't even here two years ago......

Just sayin'
I started playing in 2011, we are in 2013.. put it how you like.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:47 PM
  #8
shutehinside
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,676
vCash: 500
Can't be worse than Bou.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:53 PM
  #9
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu Wen View Post
He has a strong shot indeed, but no accuracy of what I've seen so far
How does his accuracy differ from the cubes god awful accuracy? I say try him.

CrAzYNiNe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:16 PM
  #10
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,686
vCash: 500
I would just roll with Markov-Diaz-Subban as the 3 D on the PP.

No one wants to hear this, but this is why we need Kaberle in the lineup.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:22 PM
  #11
jpchabby
Drive for 25
 
jpchabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I would just roll with Markov-Diaz-Subban as the 3 D on the PP.

No one wants to hear this, but this is why we need Kaberle in the lineup.
perhaps indeed...

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:51 PM
  #12
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,049
vCash: 500
I would like to see pacioretty or galchenyuk at the point.

galchenyuk is a magician and could open the ice up, or let one fly. pacioretty, for whatever reason, can put pucks on net.

anything at this point, as our pp is falling into the abyss.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:00 PM
  #13
LarsEller
Registered User
 
LarsEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I would just roll with Markov-Diaz-Subban as the 3 D on the PP.

No one wants to hear this, but this is why we need Kaberle in the lineup.
Totally agree. He might be bad even strength, but he's still pretty useful on the pp.

LarsEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:12 PM
  #14
Shutdown
Registered User
 
Shutdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
I started playing in 2011, we are in 2013.. put it how you like.
If you want PP time, ask Michel. Creating a thread on HFBoards is no way to go about this.

Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:14 PM
  #15
Trembs
GHG
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Tre - Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
I started playing in 2011, we are in 2013.. put it how you like.
Emelin, is that you?

Trembs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:18 PM
  #16
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsEller View Post
Totally agree. He might be bad even strength, but he's still pretty useful on the pp.
So you want to dress a player who is a liability 80% of the time he is on the ice in hopes of him being a plus for the remaining 20%........sounds like a losing formula to me.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:22 PM
  #17
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,994
vCash: 500
He can't be any worse than Boullion.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:27 PM
  #18
LarsEller
Registered User
 
LarsEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
So you want to dress a player who is a liability 80% of the time he is on the ice in hopes of him being a plus for the remaining 20%........sounds like a losing formula to me.
Naah, I don't care if he plays or not. Just stating that I thought he was useful on the PP. And I think people were being too harsh on him last year. He did help our PP when he arrived

LarsEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:59 PM
  #19
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,180
vCash: 500
I don't think he has the offensive awareness to play on the PP, he has the tools (powerful shot, decent passing) but he doesn't have the vision or the hands required to be given that role. As much as I dislike the idea of having Bouillon out there he does bring some positives like no turnovers and the ability to keep the play alive by keeping the puck in the zone. Emelin on the other hand, has much better tools than Bouillon but he's probably our worst defenseman when it comes to knowing when to pinch and when not to. He's also not the most confident guy with the puck, you can see he's hesitant sometimes when he's in control of the puck and that results to him messing up his pass or fumbling the puck. I know Therrien put him out there once earlier this season and it was a complete disaster, he lost the puck at the point and it lead to a breakaway against. Let him do his thing 5 on 5 and defensively but I don't think he's a viable option for us on the PP.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:00 PM
  #20
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He can't be any worse than Boullion.
Bouillon's decent. I prefer him over Gorges and Emelin because he has some offensive flair, even though his shot's pretty bad.

Ok it's not that Bouillon's good offensively, it's just that Emelin and Gorges are unable to make a decent pass.

But all in all, the less icetime Emelin will get, the better the team will be.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.