HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zac Rinaldo

Old
02-17-2013, 10:03 PM
professorchaos

vCash: 500
Good teams need physical guys, but they have to be SMART physical guys. He is still young so it s hard to see how he will turn out, hope his teammates and coaches can reign him in and teach him to pick his spots. If he s coachable, it will work out.

professorchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Totally Radivojevic

11 hits thru 2 periods against Winnipeg and a couple pretty solid scoring chances as well.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:30 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Immagine if he ever scored a series winning goal.....oh the agony

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:42 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
GOaoaoaoagoOGOGOGOGOAOAOAOALALALALALALLLOLOLOLOLOA Lalalalaloalgoal!

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Ultimate trolling.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Krishna

Rinaldo for Richard

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

What's not to like?

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
What's not to like?
He makes scary faces.....

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:18 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Unfortunately b/c the refs don't some Flyers fans don't either..but I'm not one of them. I'm a Rinaldo backer. He had a nice agitating game last night...

Was listening to NHL network on Sirius/XM and Phil Esposito said he really likes Rinaldo and said that if you put him with some talent he would produce some offense as well. We saw glimpses of that last year but I'm fine with his checking and agitating role. In the future maybe he'll be more like a Talbot....or at least 2011-2012 Talbot...
Mr Esposito sees the same thing i saw in Zac when i started this thread......He is much better with the puck in my opinion than many think he is. He is not a one trick pony out there on the ice........love the kids overall game and the excitement he brings to a game.....

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:22 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
Rinaldo hasn't proven himself full yet IMO. He still takes too many unneeded penalties. At times he's on his game and looking good, but half the time he is running around doing nothing productive
To be fair, many of his uneeded penalties have been horrible calls by the officials this season......Yes he gets a little too spirited at times and takes some bad ones, but overall he is a big asset to our club in my view.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:19 PM
freakydallas13

I've noticed in the last dozen or so games that he seems to be drawing a lot of penalties for the flyers, which is very nice to see.

freakydallas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:57 AM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakydallas13 View Post
I've noticed in the last dozen or so games that he seems to be drawing a lot of penalties for the flyers, which is very nice to see.
He's drawing penalties because teams are retaliating against him for wiping out half their D corp. He hits so hard he's making the other teams' D look over their shoulders for him, which is why he's there.

I liked the fact that Lavy put Gus on the ice for the last minute yesterday, and Rinaldo too.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:51 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I love the little ball of hate. He's not the biggest player in the world, but he hits like a freight train. On top of it, he's getting it with regards to what he needs to do to stay out of trouble. He's been playing really smart and when you consider that he's been averaging double digits in ice time the past few games, coaches are rewarding him because he is starting to get it.

I hope people don't expect a lot of offense out of Rinaldo. He might be good for about 5 to 10 goals a year, but his bread and butter will be his physical play and keeping the opposition honest.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:34 AM
healthyscratch

Well when you get more ice time than two of the hotter players on the team, Simmer and Brayden, he must be doing something right.

healthyscratch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I love the little ball of hate. He's not the biggest player in the world, but he hits like a freight train. On top of it, he's getting it with regards to what he needs to do to stay out of trouble. He's been playing really smart and when you consider that he's been averaging double digits in ice time the past few games, coaches are rewarding him because he is starting to get it.

I hope people don't expect a lot of offense out of Rinaldo. He might be good for about 5 to 10 goals a year, but his bread and butter will be his physical play and keeping the opposition honest.
Just like Carcillo was eventually going to pot 10-20.

The guy has never scored 10 goals at any level of hockey he's played. He just doesn't have much offensive ability at all. He's played this agitator role for his whole career and averaged about 5 goals a year in the OHL and about 2 in the AHL/NHL. What makes you think he's going to double his average goals scored while staying in the same role?

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:03 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post

The guy has never scored 10 goals at any level of hockey he's played. He just doesn't have much offensive ability at all. He's played this agitator role for his whole career and averaged about 5 goals a year in the OHL and about 2 in the AHL/NHL. What makes you think he's going to double his average goals scored while staying in the same role?
I'm with you. I don't give two ***** if he scores 5-10 or 2-3 goals per year, as long as he keeps other teams player honest on the ice and is feared and can agitate without TAKING bad penalties, play the guy.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:07 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
I don't think there was anything too crazy about people saying that about Carcillo. He put up respectable numbers in juniors and the AHL, and in the season before he came to the Flyers he put somewhere in the area of 15 goals in less than a full season IIRC. I think Rinaldo getting 10 goals is not likely and would probably max out at his career high in a weird season. Predicting 10-20 from Carcillo when he was in Philly is not that outlandish (in fact, without looking I can confidently say he scored more than ten goals in his first season here).

Quote:
This I agree with. Rinaldo plays the agitator role as well as anyone in the league, but the kid has pretty much zero offensive ability. His goals tend to be right place/right time goals.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:19 PM
qwertysac

I can't get enough of Rinaldo.

Kid hits like a truck and he's not even that big.

He might be one of the hardest hitters in the league.

qwertysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Ryker

I've honestly grown to like him and having him on the team. Half a dozen Rinaldos in the lineup would be five too many, but one is just enough. Sure, he doesn't provide much in terms of offense, but there are things he does well. So while I think there is a case to be made that there are other players that are scratched or playing in the AHL that have better offensive abilities, you have to consider whether a player slightly better offensively, but still not good enough to be considered a regular second liner, can really offset the hitting, agitation and energy Rinaldo provides. If he's taking stupid penalties, it's not really worth having him in the lineup, but like has been mentioned above already, he has drawn a couple of penalties himself. Plus, sometimes he might take a stupid penalty, but in turn draw a couple next time they play that team. But yeah, as far as his offense goes, there's definitely not much there.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:34 PM
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertysac View Post
I can't get enough of Rinaldo.

Kid hits like a truck and he's not even that big.

He might be one of the hardest hitters in the league.
Agree. Rinaldo delivers some painful looking checks. He also appears to have some serious fighting skills. Born to be an agitator.

jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:36 PM
bney7

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorchaos View Post
Good teams need physical guys, but they have to be SMART physical guys. He is still young so it s hard to see how he will turn out, hope his teammates and coaches can reign him in and teach him to pick his spots. If he s coachable, it will work out.
This is a good point, Lappy was basically the ultimate 4th line grinder when it came to this.

He was smart, and knew when to fight and stir the pot. It's good that he's around the organization to work with the younger guys on this.

bney7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:18 PM
paxtang

Quote:

Not disagreeing that Rinaldo has little offense, but he did score 10 goals in a season in juniors. Twice, actually.

paxtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang View Post
Not disagreeing that Rinaldo has little offense, but he did score 10 goals in a season in juniors. Twice, actually.
I am stupid.

Last edited by Go For It: 02-24-2013 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Mistake.
Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Ryker

Addition is a useful mathematical operation, Go For It.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Jtown

IF rinaldo could kill penalties, his athleticism and skating ability makes me think he can, then he will be in the league for a long time. Very unique player but needs to find something that keeps him in the league.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote