HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DiPietro Discussion Thread Part III

Old
02-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Isles Junkie

vCash: 500
DiPietro Discussion Thread Part III

Carry on

Part 1 http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=833595

Part 2 http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=999511

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:44 AM
BillD

ST defense lets 35-45 shots a game. DP is gonna get shelled when he plays, but I do not want his playing in place of developing Nilssen, who has plenty of NHL promise.
BTW, I dont believe anything that Snow says, he is always about misdirection, even when he tells the truth.

BillD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:22 AM
FormerRedwingFan
Sarcastic User Name

I thought the new CBA didn't allow this any more, I thought you couldn't bury contracts in the AHL like Wade Redden, Jeff Finger?

This is what I found on it. The contract will still hit the CAP so unless this is a precursor to more activity its not really gaining anything except him out of the lineup.
http://flyersfaithful.com/2013/01/28...e-redden-rule/

Last edited by FormerRedwingFan: 02-24-2013 at 11:27 AM.
FormerRedwingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorov View Post
I thought the new CBA didn't allow this any more, I thought you couldn't bury contracts in the AHL like Wade Redden, Jeff Finger?

This is what I found on it. The contract will still hit the CAP so unless this is a precursor to more activity its not really gaining anything except him out of the lineup.
http://flyersfaithful.com/2013/01/28...e-redden-rule/
But you can't look at it from a Wings fan POV. If DPs contract was your problem, Iiitch would likely wait till he can buy out the contract this summer & get the cap hit off the books.

But in WangWorld, he wants that 4.5m cap hit whether DP plays or not. If DP is injured, then Wang gets the cap hit & insurance pays DPs salary. and let's be real here, DP is injured all the time. I wonder just how much $ insurance has paid DP over the year.

if DP is healthy, then Wang gets the cap hit & he pays the salary. But either way, he gets the cap hit. And he wants the cap hit. Take DPs cap hit off the books & all of a sudden he has to pay 4.5 million bucks to other players to reach the floor. Other players, who in all liklihood have a better chance to remain healthy. Not that I believe Charles Wang is sitting there hoping Rick gets hurt or something, but I doubt he gets upset when the insurance winds up paying his salary.

We really won't know what this demotion for a while. The way I see it, if Rick plays for the Isles again this season while Nabokov, Poulin & Nilsson are healthy, then it will mean they have no intention of buying him out.

If this summer Rick gets bought out under the old rules (which the NYI have the option of applying for some reason) then it will mean the Isles realize he isn't an NHL goalie anymore, but they really aren't interested in doing the right thing for their franchise which is about to move to the biggest city in America.

If by some miracle they buy him out under the new rules, then I'll consider it to be the best thing Charles Wang has done as owner besides keeping the club in the area.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Brendan Witt was talking to someone on twitter and spoke freely of DP:

(@whitemooseranch is Witt)

Quote:
Random guy: It's going to be nicer hearing a "K-P" chant instead of a "D-P" chant at The Coliseum from now on.
Witt: must be nice to take a week to report
RG: Well it DOES take along time to deflate an ego and pack it up on a truck to Bridgeport.
Witt: heard that he has to be put on ferry due to big head
RG: Sooooooooo I guess you guys didn't get along??? #Sarcasm
Witt: we got along. It was always the DP show. Gets old real fast. Told him he would never see the end of that deal. #Drama
Witt: well some guys think it last forever. It's hard to play at that level for soo many years. Body takes a grind.
Nothing major just funny seeing a former teammates perspective

https://twitter.com/whitemooseranch/...32499454173185

Bunk Moreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Isles Junkie

I'm sure a lot of his teamates have resentment towards his deal. how can't they?

Old
02-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
I'm sure a lot of his teamates have resentment towards his deal. how can't they?
Definitely and not just about $$ and term.. There's gotta be resentment towards this deal allowing to get hundreds of chances in a league where so many players are fighting for jobs every single game as well as players hungry to win gettin pissed he blows every game.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post

Ha! I was looking at that too a few minutes ago. Witter is a great follow. Very up-front about everything. (According to him, Milbury "sucks ass.")

If you have a Twitter account and don't follow him, you must!

Poulin 0n My St1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 0
Mike Commodore added to it by saying "hahahahahaha"

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Stercrazy

I did find it odd that DP had not arrived in BP yet and KP was ready to go last night....even though DP was told the night before and KP was told yesterday. Maybe DP is thinking of something else?

Stercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercrazy View Post
I did find it odd that DP had not arrived in BP yet and KP was ready to go last night....even though DP was told the night before and KP was told yesterday. Maybe DP is thinking of something else?
I wouldn't read too much into it.. He's probably home nursing his bruised ego... I mean its gotta suck knowing you worked hard to come back from all these injuries and you just don't have it anymore.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

Quote:
I wouldn't read too much into it.. He's probably home nursing his bruised ego... I mean its gotta suck knowing you worked hard to come back from all these injuries and you just don't have it anymore.
He is out 4-6 weeks with a bruised ego and hurt feelings.. Give me a break. This goes to show you that him and Charles were probably crying together and he said take all the time you need Rick.

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:21 PM
seafoam
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

He tripped over the waiver wire, out indefinitely.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
ST defense lets 35-45 shots a game. DP is gonna get shelled when he plays, but I do not want his playing in place of developing Nilssen, who has plenty of NHL promise.
BTW, I dont believe anything that Snow says, he is always about misdirection, even when he tells the truth.
Nilsson will most likely be the number one down there, DP will be in here and there. DP will then be bought out.

Just my opinion at least.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:08 PM
JeffNYI

I kinda felt like the NYI knew that DP would have some ********, so they basically ordered him to take a few days before reporting..

Knowing what we know about DP, when told of his demotion he probably said "no no I'll be there by the next game" and the NYI rejected that and told him to take a few days before showing up..

DP isn't playing well in net, but I don't think anyone can fairly say the week off before reporting to the Sound Tigers and playing in some games asap was his idea.

JeffNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:49 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
He is out 4-6 weeks with a bruised ego and hurt feelings.. Give me a break. This goes to show you that him and Charles were probably crying together and he said take all the time you need Rick.
That is to be expected. But I don't think it is of any surprise that he who could do no wrong and always gets his way is GONE, and the team plays it's freaking balls off the very next day.

So obvious that his presence and worship by the owner came at a cost while the rest got squat that even his most blinded apologists have to admit reality here.

Glad he is gone. Welcome hope.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:55 PM
leeroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
He tripped over the waiver wire, out indefinitely.

leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNYI View Post
I kinda felt like the NYI knew that DP would have some ********, so they basically ordered him to take a few days before reporting..

Knowing what we know about DP, when told of his demotion he probably said "no no I'll be there by the next game" and the NYI rejected that and told him to take a few days before showing up..

DP isn't playing well in net, but I don't think anyone can fairly say the week off before reporting to the Sound Tigers and playing in some games asap was his idea.
In the old CBA you has a number of days before actually reporting. I'm sure there is a similar story with the new CBA. Probably just Ricky exercising that right (as most vets would).

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:03 PM
OlTimeHockey

The guy refused to go down, was a total sour puss when sent down years ago....I think the Isles sent him down and he's taking his time.

As he should.....his career is about over.

But let's not paint his past as anything other than a me-first type. Witt's tweet just echoes what we've heard all the way back to the Chicago Wolves story (two seats, one for his massive ego}.

I just hope he's happy down there.....I'm done hating on the guy, just hate him being on our bench.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:12 PM
lacunacoil777

Witt was refering to the whole purpose of the Islanders was so Dipietro would have a team to play for, with Wang being the man in charge. Remember every time Dipietro came back from an injury, they would try and make him the starter over Roleson? Thats is exactly what Witt was refering to. If you go back over Dipietros history, every back up he ever had had a higher save %, (roleson, Poulin, Dubie, Nabakov, Danis(whatever his name was), I think Nillson and Macdonald were the only ones who had poorer save %.

lacunacoil777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Anyone catch Milbury's comments about him on NBC Sports? Ill see if I can find a video to it.

Long story short, he questioned DP's work ethic while he (Milbury) was there, said Rick never seemed comitted to taking the necessary steps to take care of himself and elevate his game to the next level.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:18 PM
beLIever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Anyone catch Milbury's comments about him on NBC Sports? Ill see if I can find a video to it.

Long story short, he questioned DP's work ethic while he (Milbury) was there, said Rick never seemed comitted to taking the necessary steps to take care of himself and elevate his game to the next level.
Milbury trying to absolve himself of responsibility...

beLIever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Islesin93*

if DiPietro goes down to Bridgeport, is he going to be the starting goalie there?

On a side note, I found it funny Bridgeport was short on goalies last night, so they had Steve Valiquette who is their goaltending coach to play back up for yesterday

Islesin93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:34 AM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofit View Post
Milbury trying to absolve himself of responsibility...
Milbury is a horses ***! He's the primary reason this organization is in such a mess. We will be digging through his crap for another 10 years just to keep from sinking into the abyss.

Last edited by Homeland Security: 02-25-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Edit profanity
bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:04 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 521
Quote:

Gotta love it, when ex-players try to stay relevant by putting their two cents in.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote