HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grabovski in the shutdown role

Old
02-24-2013, 12:02 PM
The Winter Soldier
Team NHL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
where are you pulling this **** out of?? when has it been tried..

everyone knows when bozak gets the puck all he does is look for kessel right away making it OBV... grabo can bring in another factor and take some of the attention away from kessel..

O WOW 2 inches and 12lbs..... he went from colton orr to bobby orr right their
You got it, I watch, it has been tried. Not a lot of games because the line even under RW's defence deficient game plan it was too weak defensively.

Really you should ask yourself why any NHL coach would put a 3 assists Center thus far, 28 last year, with 2 of your best offensive wingers.

I could see a better case for kadri in a year, but man, you really like your avatar to suggest it would work.

Again, facts are more compelling than the world of what if.

Glad I could correct you on Bozak's size. That's what I am here for.

The Winter Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:06 PM
The Winter Soldier
Team NHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
LOL, Bozak takes FO's then gets off the ice as soon as the puck is cleared. He gets the most ice because he's paired with Phil and JVR. He gets massive PP time with little production.
Are you watching games? Bozak, Kule, and Mcclement are keys to our improved PK. Winning face offs is a key to PK, so why are you downplaying this. Still it is one thing RC knows Bozak can do better than Grabo, otherwise he wouldn't lead our club in ice time for C's.

RC plays Bozie more than any other C on the team, what does that tell you?

Old
TML g u n n e R s*

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
You got it, I watch, it has been tried. Not a lot of games because the line even under RW's defence deficient game plan it was too weak defensively.

Really you should ask yourself why any NHL coach would put a 3 assists Center thus far, 28 last year, with 2 of your best offensive wingers.

I could see a better case for kadri in a year, but man, you really like your avatar to suggest it would work.

you are still talking out of your a**... give me a examples of grabo being tried out with kessel... stop just saying it..

you assist point is ****** terrible.. maybe if grabo played with two offensive machines in JVR and KESSEL he would have more assist....

also i already knew how much bozy and grabo both weighed i was proving that them two dont really make much of a difference..

stop repeating the same **** over and over

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Blue Devil

Quote:

Bozak only had 29 assists last year, not only in a "defence deficient" system, but with 2 PPG wingers and top PP time. Even after all that he managed a whole 1 more assist then the guy who's best winger only had 42(?) points.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:07 PM
TML g u n n e R s*

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Are you watching games? Bozak, Kule, and Mcclement are keys to our improved PK. Winning face offs is a key to PK, so why are you downplaying this. Still it is one thing RC knows Bozak can do better than Grabo, otherwise he wouldn't lead our club in ice time for C's.

playing with kessel and JVR dont really kill your ice time..

Old
02-24-2013, 12:09 PM
The Winter Soldier
Team NHL

Quote:
Bozak only had 29 assists last year, not only in a "defence deficient" system, but with 2 PPG wingers and top PP time. Even after all that he managed a whole 1 more assist then the guy who's best winger only had 42(?) points.
Already matched Grabo's career high in only his 2nd full season.

The tide has turned on Grabo here, it was just me and maybe one other poster before 5.5 kicked in, read the posts, you are going to be a busy poster defending him here to all that see him for what he truly is.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:09 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:

Winning the draws are important, but it doesn't change the fact that RC doesn't trust him enough to keep him on after the FO. I'd say JVR has been more impactful then Bozie on the PK.

FYI, FO's are the only thing that Bozak does better then Grabo.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:10 PM
The Winter Soldier
Team NHL

Quote:
playing with kessel and JVR dont really kill your ice time..
Not being a good enough PK man on this team, and having an emerging Kadri and Bozak ahead of you, kills playing time.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:12 PM
TML g u n n e R s*

Quote:
Not being a good enough PK man on this team, and having an emerging Kadri and Bozak ahead of you, kills playing time.
you bring up PK time as randy doesn't trust grabo defensively... when yet game after game he plays other teams top offensive lines

Old
02-24-2013, 12:12 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Already matched Grabo's career high in only his 2nd full season.

The tide has turned on Grabo here, it was just me and maybe one other poster before 5.5 kicked in, read the posts, you are going to be a busy poster defending him here to all that see him for what he truly is.
So lovely when you get bested in an argument you completely ignore the true facts layed out in front of your face.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:13 PM
The Winter Soldier
Team NHL

Quote:
Winning the draws are important, but it doesn't change the fact that RC doesn't trust him enough to keep him on after the FO. I'd say JVR has been more impactful then Bozie on the PK.

FYI, FO's are the only thing that Bozak does better then Grabo.
I will leave you with this.
Tides changing on Grabo here, you are going to be very busy the next few months.

Grabo at 5.5 and being paid as a shutdown C will rear it's head here, especially when he was a major reason why we didn't get points last night.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:14 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Tides changing on Grabo here, you are going to be very busy the next few months.

Grabo at 5.5 and being paid as a shutdown C will rear it's head here, especially when he was a major reason why we didn't get points last night.
A major reason? He was a major reason we were even in a position to get points.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:16 PM
A1LeafNation
Welcome to Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Gotye View Post
I don't know why RC insists on making Grabo the shutdown center.

Teams need good production from their 2nd line, mostly offensively and Grabovski doesn't look half as dynamic as in previous seasons.

Anyone else agree, Grabo as the shutdown center is wasting most of his talent?
So you either want Kadri in a shut down role? Or Bozak who has JVR and Kessel going?

When Kadri becomes a player that can carry a line, we will put him with JVR/Kessel and put Bozak on the 3rd line shutdown role, and move Grabs up to offence again.

Next year:
JVR Grabs Perry
Lupul Kadri Kessel
Kulemin Bozak Frattin

Last edited by A1LeafNation: 02-24-2013 at 12:21 PM.
A1LeafNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:19 PM
TML g u n n e R s*

Quote:

yup leave with ignoring my post..

thank you come again

Old
02-24-2013, 12:20 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
yup leave with ignoring my post..

thank you come again

Old
02-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

As much as I love Grabo, I think he can be/should be moved, and McClement returned to his natural position at centre, with Kulemin and Komarov. Could be a great shutdown line, good mix of size, speed and skill.

Blaylock38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:45 PM
bunjay

Grabo's wingers can't score or set up plays to save their lives. This is a problem. This idea that Grabo has been tried with Kessel and it was a disaster is a myth. In the very few shifts they have been put together they have combined for a number of goals, notably in OT.

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Chungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
if they dont want to pay ROR 5 mill then i doubt they want to pay Grabo 5mill. i say package bozak + for ROR and then trade Grabo for a 1st. Try ROR as that #1 C and promote Mcclement to checking line. Mcclement>Bozak at checking
Bozak would need to be an additional peice, such as Gardiner + Bozak or something like that. I would rather retain 2 million of Grabo's salary. Holding onto Grabo's 5.5 million and ROR for another 5 million is a bit rich. Trading away both Grabo and Bozak wouldn't be a good idea while in a playoff position.

Chungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:01 PM
Eb
Give Mitch the C

Damn, it was tough to read the above.

Interactif was providing reasoning and backing up his points and TMLgunners awful grammar and throwing in profanity and laughing faces made it frustrating to read.

What I love the most, is people giving Bozak no credit for Phil potting 35+, Lupul having a career year and JVR up at the top of league in goals. You then flip sides, and Grabo gets excuses that his wingers are not producing but isn't laid any responsibility in why a 30 goal scorer won't ever score 15 goals again.

Grabo is playing against the other top lines simply because he's the best we currently have. And for a price of 5.5 a year, and what he's producing and doing, it is not worth it.

Grabo is a shoot first, Kessel is a scorer. Common sense, would say a center and a winger wouldn't work. As Interactif has stated there's a reason why coaches haven't played Grabo and Kessel together.

Overall chemistry, importance to the team, Bozak > Grabo.

Eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:04 PM
TML g u n n e R s*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post

Interactif was providing reasoning and backing up his points and TMLgunners awful grammar and throwing in profanity and laughing faces made it frustrating to read.

What I love the most, is people giving Bozak no credit for Phil potting 35+, Lupul having a career year and JVR up at the top of league in goals. You then flip sides, and Grabo gets excuses that his wingers are not producing but isn't laid any responsibility in why a 30 goal scorer won't ever score 15 goals again.

Grabo is playing against the other top lines simply because he's the best we currently have. And for a price of 5.5 a year, and what he's producing and doing, it is not worth it.

Grabo is a shoot first, Kessel is a scorer. Common sense, would say a center and a winger wouldn't work. As Interactif has stated there's a reason why coaches haven't played Grabo and Kessel together.

i comment what the **** i want.. and when i want.. go to a grammar forum if you all about the "english"

it was tough reading this bull****, as i gave not one ****

Old
02-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Eb
Give Mitch the C

Quote:
i comment what the **** i want.. and when i want.. go to a grammar forum if you all about the "english"

it was tough reading this bull****, as i gave not one ****
Lmao.

Eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:19 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:

LOL wut? We've backed up our points plenty only for Interactif and you to avoid them completely.

Are you really complaining about grammar on an internet forum?

Old
02-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Al14

Grabo is overpaid for what he is currently bringing. Take off a cool million and you might be able to say he earns his pay.

With his speed he should be able to play sound defense and contribute regularly on the scoreboard. He just doesn't seem to have 5.5 million dollars worth of scoring ability IMHO.

Al14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:23 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:

Bozak gets no credit because he's done nothing to help them. Kessel was a 60 point player before Lupul and PPG with him. Why is it that Phil can't do this with Bozak? Why is it that Kessel's production drops when he's not playing with another quality winger?

Old
02-24-2013, 01:29 PM
hobarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungo View Post
Bozak would need to be an additional peice, such as Gardiner + Bozak or something like that. I would rather retain 2 million of Grabo's salary. Holding onto Grabo's 5.5 million and ROR for another 5 million is a bit rich. Trading away both Grabo and Bozak wouldn't be a good idea while in a playoff position.
I've never thought Grabo was a true center as I've never seen him to be a good passer and he doesn't have the ability to bring out the best in those he plays with. I feel he should be moved to a wing position perhaps with JVR and Kessel, Kessel I can see as a center. Kule's value on the present line is decreasing by the game and he seems to have totally lost any offensive inclination so he needs to be demoted to the 4th line where PKers should be used from.

Mostly I can't see how Grabo's talent is being properly utilized playing with Kule and McClement who are 4th liners at best. It has always been assumed that Kessel and Grabo, who are/were both shooters, could not co-exist on the same line but Kessel's game is still evolving to were he is now both shooter (I hope) and passer. I think Grabo would be far more effective playing with players whose offensive game he respects.

Another option might be to put Lupul and Mac on his line and if that line produced then TO might have 3 effective lines. Personally I would prefer TO go for 2 top notch lines and a versatile 3rd. Getting O'Reilly would be the start of a versatile 3rd.

JVR/Kessel/Grabo
Frattin/Kadri/Lupul
Komarov/O'Reilly/Mac
Brown/McClement/Kule

I have no use for Bozak but maybe he could replace Komarov on the 3rd because I don't think Komarov has any offensive upside but I think his value is still greater than Bozaks.

hobarth is offline   Reply With Quote