HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shero's Draft Picks

Old
02-24-2013, 01:30 PM
redsono93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
You mean Slepyshev? He's a winger AFAIK, but you're right, he sure looked good at the WJCs.
That was him thanks bro so tired of Russian factor wish it was about the skill. But understand why GM's are skittish of it.

redsono93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsono93 View Post
That was him thanks bro so tired of Russian factor wish it was about the skill. But understand why GM's are skittish of it.
It's not just the Russian factor. He skipped the NHL Combine altogether because he had an exam, and confirmed that he will be spending the next 2 years in Russia. The NHL doesn't seem to be a priority worth sacrificing other things for at this point.

If he comes to the combine and tests well this year, I'm sure he'll get drafted.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:21 PM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

I asked some people about Slepyshev at the Draft and the consensus was he had no interest in playing in the NHL.

Whether that means he'll never play or even change his mind? I have no idea. But I'm not surprised that no teams wanted to waste a pick on a guy that had no plans to come over.

Good player though. Lots of skill. No interest in him though for the Pens. It's easy to get excited about "taking a shot on him" or being pumped about a "low risk/high reward" guy. But he's not those things really. He's a question mark and a potential wasted pick more than he is a viable NHL prospect at this point.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Malkinstheman

Sadly we may also have to cross out valeri nichushkin. I recently read that he signed a 2-3 year contract in the khl, perhaphs he still has plans to come to nhl but so far it doesnt seem like that.

Malkinstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Jag68Sid87

Some now have Nichushkin rated second overall! So, I hope teams don't completely scratch him off the list.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:38 AM
SidsBackhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Didn't he just draft Maatta in the first round? And Teddy Blueger (Lativian) in the 2nd round? And Sundqvist (Swedish) in the 3rd round? And a Russian in Zlobin in the 6th round?

So out of 9 draft picks, they drafted 5 guys from Europe. How many do you want them to draft?

This past draft he seems to be turning over a new leaf, as stated in an earlier post. One draft doesn't make up for 3 negligent ones. Now if Shero can continue the trend...

SidsBackhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Jag68Sid87

Depends on your definition of "European". Maatta is an OHLer. Zlobin is a QMJHLer and Blueger is an NCAA player.

I don't think our European scouts made the call on any of them.

For the MOST part, we seem allergic to drafting players out of Europe.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote