HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bouwmeester expected to net the Flames a "hefty" return

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2013, 05:09 AM
  #301
me2
Callng out the crap
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Blasting the bull***
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 29,105
vCash: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
In Calgary the Hot Dog salesman from section 318 would get 25 minutes of icetime and would count as 1st pairing defenceman
Well he does have a NTC like everyone else that works there.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 05:17 AM
  #302
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: Canada
Posts: 84,395
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
i could see something similar to kaberle. late 1st and a good prospect (not anywhere close to a blue chipper tho... and when i say blue chipper Rielly would be blue chip, Stuart Percy would be a good prospect)
Ithink they are getting more than that. Bouwmeester is a ton better than Kaberle. Kaberle has been trash since befoore he was traded to Boston.

__________________
Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:12 AM
  #303
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment
 
JustOneB4IDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Man Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
How about JayBo to STL for Cole + Rattie?

AP + JayBo top pairing would be special.
This rumor was floating around at the 2012 entry draft between the Blues/Flames and there is zero chance JayBo coming to the Blues with his Salary of 6.6 Million with Shatty and AP27 due new contracts this Summer.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:42 AM
  #304
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Really? ....

How many years after Jay Bow left did they make the playoffs? Your logic would assume straight after? No?

Was it the addition of a top D man in Jaybow that stopped the Flames from making the playoffs, or the addition of Brent Sutters system?

Naw.... must be JayBow... Quality Dmen are never good for success.
While I agree that ther PROBABLY isn't a corrolation....but seeing that in 16 years of playing hockey in JR, AHL and NHL...he has made the Playoffs ONCE. And had ZERO points in 18 games. And now this year...looking like it could be year 17 unless traded.
One thing we know for sure, they team trading for him is not doing it for his playoff expeience!!

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:00 PM
  #305
Mac Man
Registered User
 
Mac Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
i just want to say that that may have been the best shredding of a another guy on this forum in sometime. "i work in the video centre, you might know it as the war room"

now THAT is how you finish a conversation. lol.
ummm, thanx...i`ll take that as a compliment...lol

Mac Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:46 PM
  #306
Remember2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,527
vCash: 500
How about something Involved with the Flyers?

Couts for Bouwmeester+

Remember2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:48 PM
  #307
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise9Crosby87 View Post
they should move iginla while they can get alot for him
I think that's pretty much a given. It will be interesting to see where he goes. Im betting on Pittsburgh or Boston. I wonder though if they're would be an outside chance of Montreal assuming they keep playing this well.

A chance to go down in history and folklore of a storied team like Montreal would be great.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:23 PM
  #308
Remember2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
I think that's pretty much a given. It will be interesting to see where he goes. Im betting on Pittsburgh or Boston. I wonder though if they're would be an outside chance of Montreal assuming they keep playing this well.

A chance to go down in history and folklore of a storied team like Montreal would be great.
And when the FLames fans see the return we will all be crying because we will not be getting a top prospect, roster player and a 1st back. Im expecting something a lot lower... So i for one won't be astonished if Iginla gets a 1st and a B level prospect. MAYBE

Remember2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:09 PM
  #309
SmellOfVictory
Registered User
 
SmellOfVictory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,719
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
This rumor was floating around at the 2012 entry draft between the Blues/Flames and there is zero chance JayBo coming to the Blues with his Salary of 6.6 Million with Shatty and AP27 due new contracts this Summer.
If the Flames ate half JBo's salary, could the Blues do it? I'd rather have Cole + 1st than Cole + Rattie, though.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:52 PM
  #310
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: Canada
Posts: 84,395
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
How about something Involved with the Flyers?

Couts for Bouwmeester+
It would be Couturier+ not Bouwmeester+

And flyers turn it down

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:53 PM
  #311
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
It would be Couturier+ not Bouwmeester+

And flyers turn it down
That blue name just looks disgusting on you......


Last edited by Prongo: 02-23-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 05:33 PM
  #312
Hyack57
Registered User
 
Hyack57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Airdrie, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
You're not getting a 25 minute, smooth skating, puck-moving 1st pairing defenceman for a "2nd."
Bret Hedican circa 2005?

Hyack57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 05:36 PM
  #313
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: Canada
Posts: 84,395
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
That blue name just looks disgusting on you......
Thank you.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 05:59 PM
  #314
deckercky
Registered User
 
deckercky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,732
vCash: 1125
I wonder if taking on salary will be a way to squeeze extra value out of trades as sellers. Bouwmeester at $6.68AAV is one thing, but at $3.5M for this year and next, he'd be an affordable second pairing asset to a lot of teams.

For a UFA like Iginla this year, it's not a real issue because of the high cap, but for players with time left on contracts, it's huge. Sellers that aren't hurting for cash don't worry about an extra cap hit, and buyers get an imported cap friendly deal. And Bouwmeester experiences the playoffs! Wins all around.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:30 PM
  #315
MK9
Registered User
 
MK9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Andover, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Bouwmeester expected to net the Flames a "hefty" return
So...Kyle Wellwood? He was pretty hefty wasn't he?

[EDIT] Damn...beaten to the punch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Kyle Wellwood?

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:01 PM
  #316
CaptainCrunch67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckercky View Post
I wonder if taking on salary will be a way to squeeze extra value out of trades as sellers. Bouwmeester at $6.68AAV is one thing, but at $3.5M for this year and next, he'd be an affordable second pairing asset to a lot of teams.

For a UFA like Iginla this year, it's not a real issue because of the high cap, but for players with time left on contracts, it's huge. Sellers that aren't hurting for cash don't worry about an extra cap hit, and buyers get an imported cap friendly deal. And Bouwmeester experiences the playoffs! Wins all around.
A team would have to pay first pairing price for a second pairing defensemen if the Flames have to absorb any of his salary.

The price would go up a lot in that case.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:07 PM
  #317
deckercky
Registered User
 
deckercky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,732
vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch67 View Post
A team would have to pay first pairing price for a second pairing defensemen if the Flames have to absorb any of his salary.

The price would go up a lot in that case.
A 2nd round pick was the price to pass off Kotalik's $3M salary wasn't it? So the value for an additional 2nd is probably about right to absorb salary extra salary.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:37 PM
  #318
Haatley
haatley
 
Haatley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckercky View Post
I wonder if taking on salary will be a way to squeeze extra value out of trades as sellers. Bouwmeester at $6.68AAV is one thing, but at $3.5M for this year and next, he'd be an affordable second pairing asset to a lot of teams.

For a UFA like Iginla this year, it's not a real issue because of the high cap, but for players with time left on contracts, it's huge. Sellers that aren't hurting for cash don't worry about an extra cap hit, and buyers get an imported cap friendly deal. And Bouwmeester experiences the playoffs! Wins all around.
you must not watch hockey. jbo is a top pairing guy on any nhl team.

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:51 AM
  #319
CaptainCrunch67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckercky View Post
A 2nd round pick was the price to pass off Kotalik's $3M salary wasn't it? So the value for an additional 2nd is probably about right to absorb salary extra salary.

Not really a comparible

If the Flames have to absorb half of the salary on Jbou then the price is certainly going to be a 1st a good prospect and a good young roster player.

If they don't get that then there's no choice in paying half of his salary

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:52 PM
  #320
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,584
vCash: 2348
Bouwmeester is pretty underrated around here, in no small part due to his contract. There aren't many guys that can play so many minutes and move the puck so well, keeping in mind that the Flames are a pretty terrible team aside from him, Kipper and Iginla.

Having said that, they need to move him this year, not this off-season and definitely not next year. The return drops considerably after the trade deadline this year. No one is giving up multiple (mid-to-late) firsts, prospects, etc. for a rental - see the Kovalchuk trade - while the return this year could really help the Flames rebuilding.

vBurmi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:22 PM
  #321
flameaholic
#neverquit
 
flameaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Bouwmeester is pretty underrated around here, in no small part due to his contract. There aren't many guys that can play so many minutes and move the puck so well, keeping in mind that the Flames are a pretty terrible team aside from him, Kipper and Iginla.

Having said that, they need to move him this year, not this off-season and definitely not next year. The return drops considerably after the trade deadline this year. No one is giving up multiple (mid-to-late) firsts, prospects, etc. for a rental - see the Kovalchuk trade - while the return this year could really help the Flames rebuilding.
Don Cherry mentioned it last night. People like to rag on him only because he makes $6.68 million/year.

Another excellent game from Bouwmeester last night. Solid defensively and crisp tape-to-tape passes to spring forwards on breakaways. Almost seems to do that on a nightly basis now.

Love those outlet passes!

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:27 PM
  #322
flameaholic
#neverquit
 
flameaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
It would be Couturier+ not Bouwmeester+

And flyers turn it down
It would be something along the lines of Couturier, Read + 1st for J-Bouw and a minor league prospect (Nemisz/Howse etc.)

Depends on how desperate a team like the Flyers gets. Anything short of an overpayment and Bouwmeester stays put.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:40 PM
  #323
North
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Don Cherry mentioned it last night. People like to rag on him only because he makes $6.68 million/year.

Another excellent game from Bouwmeester last night. Solid defensively and crisp tape-to-tape passes to spring forwards on breakaways. Almost seems to do that on a nightly basis now.

Love those outlet passes!
People rag on him because he was being paid top dollar but wasn't playing like a top d man.

Great, that he's playing well now, but this is a small sample size.

I'd like to see if he can play up to this level for the whole shortened season.

North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:41 PM
  #324
North
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
It would be something along the lines of Couturier, Read + 1st for J-Bouw and a minor league prospect (Nemisz/Howse etc.)

Depends on how desperate a team like the Flyers gets. Anything short of an overpayment and Bouwmeester stays put.
They are not going to get desparate enough to trade Couturier.

ETA...Sorry, for double posting.

North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:45 PM
  #325
deckercky
Registered User
 
deckercky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,732
vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Bouwmeester is pretty underrated around here, in no small part due to his contract. There aren't many guys that can play so many minutes and move the puck so well, keeping in mind that the Flames are a pretty terrible team aside from him, Kipper and Iginla.

Having said that, they need to move him this year, not this off-season and definitely not next year. The return drops considerably after the trade deadline this year. No one is giving up multiple (mid-to-late) firsts, prospects, etc. for a rental - see the Kovalchuk trade - while the return this year could really help the Flames rebuilding.
Bouwmeester's value dropped from him not improving a near contender Flames team when they traded for him. Playing decently steady defence over the last season and a half isn't going to change his reputation as being an incredibly soft defender. The Flames traded for a game-changer, and at no point in his tenure with the Flames has he shown that ability. He's a minute munching horse, but it's been years since he's shown any ability to be an impact player.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.