HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

3/30: Letang (toe) 7-10 days | Martin (hand) 6 weeks | Crosby (****-ton of novacane)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2013, 01:34 PM
  #326
NeedleInTheHay
Registered User
 
NeedleInTheHay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,751
vCash: 500
What happened to the best case scenario minimum of 4-6 weeks?

NeedleInTheHay is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:35 PM
  #327
MrBurgundy
Dan was a bad choice
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 15,864
vCash: 500
Is this the same Rob Rossi that's wanted Malkin traded on numerous occasions in the past, and almost got punched by James Neal for asking him one of the most idiotic questions I've ever heard a "beat reporter" ask? Let's just not even mention the fact that every single word out of this guy's mouth around the trade deadline and July 1st is a lie, or the fact that he knows nothing about the game of hockey.

Yeah, the dude isn't close to anybody in the Pens locker room, and that's why they had to hire Josh Yohe.

MrBurgundy is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:38 PM
  #328
radapex
Registered User
 
radapex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada, Eh
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,745
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Is this the same Rob Rossi that's wanted Malkin traded on numerous occasions in the past, and almost got punched by James Neal for asking him one of the most idiotic questions I've ever heard a "beat reporter" ask? Let's just not even mention the fact that every single word out of this guy's mouth around the trade deadline and July 1st is a lie, or the fact that he knows nothing about the game of hockey.

Yeah, the dude isn't close to anybody in the Pens locker room, and that's why they had to hire Josh Yohe.
IMO, Yohe isn't much of an improvement over Rossi. Not quite the sensationalist that Rossi is, and only marginally more accurate with his information.

radapex is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:42 PM
  #329
MrBurgundy
Dan was a bad choice
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 15,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by radapex View Post
IMO, Yohe isn't much of an improvement over Rossi. Not quite the sensationalist that Rossi is, and only marginally more accurate with his information.
I never said he was, but I really think the reason why they initially hired Yohe, was because Rossi was no longer actually getting "inside information" and most of the team hated him.

MrBurgundy is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:51 PM
  #330
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by radapex View Post
IMO, Yohe isn't much of an improvement over Rossi. Not quite the sensationalist that Rossi is, and only marginally more accurate with his information.
I think Yohe is a way better journalist than Rossi. He's more credible. When the rumor about Staal being traded to Carolina started last April, everyone was saying "no way" Yohe said from day one he saw the trade happening and we would be getting Sutter in the deal.

Flat Stanley is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:52 PM
  #331
Terrapin
Registered User
 
Terrapin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,170
vCash: 500
How can I get a job similar to Rossi? I can just lurk around the games and make up stories. Maybe I'll send a resume to the Trib.

Terrapin is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:55 PM
  #332
Gold Diamond
He's done
 
Gold Diamond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Coatesville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,533
vCash: 500
Rob Rossi is one of the main reasons why I hate the entire profession of
"Journalism". It's name should be changed to "propaganda and dis-information".

General William T. Sherman said it best about them: "If I had them all killed, I'd have news from Hell in the morning".

Gold Diamond is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:55 PM
  #333
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Dark Mod Powers
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fangorn
Country: United States
Posts: 24,579
vCash: 500
The sad thing is Rossi must be connected somewhere... guessing someone in his family has pull with the league. Maybe one of the league's bigger sponsors or something. Or maybe family connections at the Trib. Otherwise how does this jackass get on NHL Network occasioanlly or NHL Radio if not via favors?

It's certainly not from the quality of his work.

Typical "not what you know but who you know" BS. More qualified people (journalists in this case) get passed over for the person with connections.

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:58 PM
  #334
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
Registered User
 
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: This space.
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Is this the same Rob Rossi that's wanted Malkin traded on numerous occasions in the past, and almost got punched by James Neal for asking him one of the most idiotic questions I've ever heard a "beat reporter" ask? Let's just not even mention the fact that every single word out of this guy's mouth around the trade deadline and July 1st is a lie, or the fact that he knows nothing about the game of hockey.

Yeah, the dude isn't close to anybody in the Pens locker room, and that's why they had to hire Josh Yohe.
What did he ask him?

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:00 PM
  #335
MrBurgundy
Dan was a bad choice
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 15,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don'tcry4mejanhrdina View Post
What did he ask him?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1177417

MrBurgundy is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:01 PM
  #336
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate
 
Mo Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Palm Isle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
Rossi's updated story


http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...#axzz2LqfaQuPi



Quote:
Multiple sources, including those with Malkin at the time, told the Tribune-Review that Malkin was experiencing severe headaches disorientation Saturday morning.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...#ixzz2Lqg52nnJ
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Mo Wanchuk is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:04 PM
  #337
MrBurgundy
Dan was a bad choice
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 15,864
vCash: 500
They probably told him that he was "not experiencing any severe headaches or disorientation." Then Rossi being the sensationalist style journalist that he is just completely ignored the word "not."

MrBurgundy is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:09 PM
  #338
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded
 
Coach John McGuirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,772
vCash: 500
Someone's telling porky pies.

Coach John McGuirk is online now  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:11 PM
  #339
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Dark Mod Powers
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fangorn
Country: United States
Posts: 24,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
Rossi's updated story

HEY ROSSI:

NAME 1 SOURCE. Just one.... and I might think you something other than a lying sack of **** looking for drama and clicks. WHich you're succeeding at nicely this weekend so shame on all of us. Until you have the balls to name a source, you're full of ****. Again this is not a Pentagon leak we're talking about here; it's sports. No one is going to jail or losing their job, including you if you're telling the truth.

Name one and everything will be cleared up.

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:11 PM
  #340
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
Registered User
 
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: This space.
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Haha I forgot about that, thanks.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:14 PM
  #341
Dupree13
Registered User
 
Dupree13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 3,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
I think Yohe is a way better journalist than Rossi. He's more credible. When the rumor about Staal being traded to Carolina started last April, everyone was saying "no way" Yohe said from day one he saw the trade happening and we would be getting Sutter in the deal.
Yeah, but he probably just got lucky on that. Because honestly, several people on this board called that trade, probably way before Yohe at that.

Dupree13 is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:15 PM
  #342
MrBurgundy
Dan was a bad choice
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 15,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don'tcry4mejanhrdina View Post
Haha I forgot about that, thanks.
You could just feel the contempt in Neal's voice.

MrBurgundy is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:16 PM
  #343
MrBurgundy
Dan was a bad choice
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 15,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree13 View Post
Yeah, but he probably just got lucky on that. Because honestly, several people on this board called that trade, probably way before Yohe at that.
I'm almost positive reporters get some of their ideas from these boards, and I'm convinced that some may even post here although they will never reveal themselves.

MrBurgundy is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:18 PM
  #344
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Dark Mod Powers
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fangorn
Country: United States
Posts: 24,579
vCash: 500
Last summer's best moment by not a small margin for Penguin fans.

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:18 PM
  #345
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate
 
Mo Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Palm Isle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
Was there any truth to this?


http://www.thepensblog.com/tpb/jan20...i-ousting.html

Mo Wanchuk is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:20 PM
  #346
IcedCapp
You're wrong. :(
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
The sad thing is Rossi must be connected somewhere... guessing someone in his family has pull with the league. Maybe one of the league's bigger sponsors or something. Or maybe family connections at the Trib. Otherwise how does this jackass get on NHL Network occasioanlly or NHL Radio if not via favors?

It's certainly not from the quality of his work.

Typical "not what you know but who you know" BS. More qualified people (journalists in this case) get passed over for the person with connections.
Trust me, it's not that. I lived in Indianapolis for a good portion of my adult life. They have their own version of Rossi there, Bob Kravitz. Same kind of hack, but much more douchey and antagonistic to the fans.

He's on NFL network, all the radio shows, etc...

The media business is very incestual. Everyone knows everyone and rubs each other's backs. You have to really bust your hump to "get in", but once you're in, you're in for life.

IcedCapp is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:20 PM
  #347
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Dark Mod Powers
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fangorn
Country: United States
Posts: 24,579
vCash: 500
Mo: Wouldn't shock me that the two biggest attention ****** in the Pittsburgh media got together for a brain-dead radio circle jerk after a disappointing loss to call out the Captain (in their infinite hockey wisdom).

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:22 PM
  #348
MrBurgundy
Dan was a bad choice
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 15,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
Oh I guarantee it. Makes too much sense as to why Rossi isn't the Pens beat reporter anymore, and why Yohe was brought in.

MrBurgundy is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:22 PM
  #349
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 30,678
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Ooops I told you guys. Not every concussion is a Crosby neck injury/concussion. Come on, people.

ColePens is online now  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:22 PM
  #350
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Dark Mod Powers
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fangorn
Country: United States
Posts: 24,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
The media business is very incestual. Everyone knows everyone and rubs each other's backs. You have to really bust your hump to "get in", but once you're in, you're in for life.
Not shocking. This country needs a media oversight board (not part of the FCC which is 100% gutless). Not because of Rossi but because there are people like him reporting on more important things, misleading and misinforming the public. Other than a handful of papers and magazines all journalism in NA and the UK is a big steaming pile...

Darth Vitale is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.