HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers/Canadiens 2/23/2013

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2013, 11:56 AM
  #351
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's not the losses. It's the way they're losing.
Thanks for saying this. I can't stand the holier-than-thou posters who can't see through this teams horrendous play so far this season. It's not october, next week is March.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:11 PM
  #352
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Lots of disturbing things came out of this game. .... 4) It's not that they lost the game, they seem to always lose in Montreal, it's the way they lost.

Quote:
1) Obviously the lack of offense.
Brevity restricts for now to I agree.

Quote:
2) Obviously the injuries.
Ditto.

Quote:
3) There just seems to be a lack of urgency, especially with the younger, unestablished players.
Mostly disagree. There is some lax mostly across the board, but the youngsters are trying not to foul up, or get in trouble, which is the CONTINUED STUPIDITY OF TORTS!

Quote:
What exactly does Mashinter bring to this team? He's not a good enough skater to forechecking and too slow to take the body. And somebody, either Mashinter or Bickel, has to get into a fight after Biron is run and if they felt the Pacciorety hit was dirty). And I'm not a big fight guy but show some pride.
Mashinter didn't cost and you get what you pay for.
Bickel could be the 4th line LW for the moment.

Quote:
Miller and Kreider seem too comfortable in their places in the lineup.
Disagree. They are trying, but are tentative about screw up and rant from Torts, who again has to go.

Quote:
The one guy who seems to be really trying to keep his spot and compete is Gilroy (and I can't believe I'm saying that).
Agree he's trying and earning his keep.

bernmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:25 PM
  #353
Evolved83
Registered User
 
Evolved83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Lots of disturbing things came out of this game.

1) Obviously the lack of offense.

2) Obviously the injuries.

3) There just seems to be a lack of urgency, especially with the younger, unestablished players.

What exactly does Mashinter bring to this team? He's not a good enough skater to forechecking and too slow to take the body. And somebody, either Mashinter or Bickel, has to get into a fight after Biron is run and if they felt the Pacciorety hit was dirty). And I'm not a big fight guy but show some pride.

Miller and Kreider seem too comfortable in their places in the lineup.

The one guy who seems to be really trying to keep his spot and compete is Gilroy (and I can't believe I'm saying that).

4) It's not that they lost the game, they seem to always lose in Montreal, it's the way they lost.

It seems that the coaches are holding the team back for whatever reason. Whether it is retaliating for a bad hit, doing something other than dumping and chasing, or just allowing for more creativity (Ex: Powerplay), they just look scared to do anything. The question is why?

Also getting really sick and tired of the "gut instinct" decisions torts makes... It is getting old.

Evolved83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:39 PM
  #354
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,081
vCash: 500
This franchise is cursed. Don't want to believe in it? Fine, those are your beliefs. At first I didn't like giving up this year's 1st in the draft in the Nash trade, now I absolutely hate that it's gone. Even if this team makes the playoffs, it's looking like a 14-20 overall pick where we could've gotten a very solid prospect.

All that said, we're going to see what this team is made of in the next week. All three games this week are against teams that we should beat, even with all of the injuries. Get at least four points in three games and we're still in decent shape.

I wasn't able to watch last night's game (mercifully), but from what I hear, this team needs to find a backbone and fast. How does a blatant hit from behind go unanswered? One on a budding superstar defenseman at that? I'm not sure to be angry at Pacioretty for being such a dumbass, or more embarrassed to be a fan of a team that let's him walk away without a scratch after the fact. Disgusting.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:55 PM
  #355
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,823
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved83 View Post
Whether it is retaliating for a bad hit, doing something other than dumping and chasing, or just allowing for more creativity (Ex: Powerplay), they just look scared to do anything. The question is why?

Also getting really sick and tired of the "gut instinct" decisions torts makes... It is getting old.
Dumping and chasing is the system. That is on the coach. Not retaliating is on the players.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:04 PM
  #356
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Thanks for saying this. I can't stand the holier-than-thou posters who can't see through this teams horrendous play so far this season. It's not october, next week is March.
Some people feel better about their fandom by remaining positive no matter how dire and awful things become. That's just a part of differing perspectives of the board.

__________________
Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:19 PM
  #357
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
just shows you what pieces of crap their fans are...........Goalie gets hurt and they mock him..........oh man I hope they brawl the Habs next game

Then on the bench Therien lauighing..........they are going to get a beating
Uhm... there was a joke on the bench. Nothing to do with Biron (who is local to Montreal, btw).

Relax. Its just a hockey game between international athletes.

The majority of Hab fans like the Rangers... and love your amazing city.

The thing is that your team is like a case study of the dangers of overpaying slipping aging vets like Richards and Gaborik... and possibly Nash

Anyway, good luck.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:20 PM
  #358
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Uhm... there was a joke on the bench. Nothing to do with Biron (who is local to Montreal, btw).

Relax. Its just a hockey game between international athletes.

The majority of Hab fans like the Rangers... and your amazing city.

The thing is that your team s like a case study of the dangers of overpaying slipping vets like Richards and Gaborik.

Anyway, good luck.
Gaborik? Rofl. When was the last time a Canadien player had two 40 goal seasons in three years?

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:21 PM
  #359
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Uhm... there was a joke on the bench. Nothing to do with Biron (who is local to Montreal, btw).

Relax. Its just a hockey game between international athletes.

The majority of Hab fans like the Rangers... and your amazing city.

The thing is that your team is like a case study of the dangers of overpaying slipping aging vets like Richards and Gaborik... and possibly Nash

Anyway, good luck.
Totally


Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:22 PM
  #360
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Gaborik? Rofl. When was the last time a Canadien player had two 40 goal seasons in three years?
I think it was Mats Naslund.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:24 PM
  #361
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500


Sather doesnt get it right with FAs 90% of the time, but with Gaborik, he did.


I remember a lot were bashing the deal saying hes a coach killer, injury prone, etc. and yet here we are, nearly 4 seasons later and all ive seen are 40+ goal seasons and a guy who has done everything asked of him even if his style of play is the exact opposite of the system.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:27 PM
  #362
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Uhm... there was a joke on the bench. Nothing to do with Biron (who is local to Montreal, btw).

Relax. Its just a hockey game between international athletes.

The majority of Hab fans like the Rangers... and love your amazing city.

The thing is that your team is like a case study of the dangers of overpaying slipping aging vets like Richards and Gaborik... and possibly Nash

Anyway, good luck.


Based on what?


and you added Nash now too?

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:28 PM
  #363
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Gaborik? Rofl. When was the last time a Canadien player had two 40 goal seasons in three years?
True.

I probably should not have included Gaborik... its just that a player his age can (sometimes) decline fast in the modern NHL.

Anyways. Peace.

Your coach is pretty funny guy, btw.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:30 PM
  #364
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
Based on what?


and you added Nash now too?
Because you are original six.

Its a sentimental thing.

... regarding Nash, giving up a 1st can be risky.

Anyway... don't want to overstay on here...

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:37 PM
  #365
nsvoyageurs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Um.....let's go Yankees?
Fine by me.

The Ranger will be lucky to make the playoffs if this keeps up.

nsvoyageurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:43 PM
  #366
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,664
vCash: 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Because you are original six.

Its a sentimental thing.

... regarding Nash, giving up a 1st can be risky.

Anyway... don't want to overstay on here...
So you're saying you wouldn't have done the Nash trade? If the Rangers could go back in time, they'd do that trade again. You wouldn't have done that trade, but throwing in McDonagh is the Gomez trade wasn't bad?

__________________
Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:57 PM
  #367
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
So you're saying you wouldn't have done the Nash trade? If the Rangers could go back in time, they'd do that trade again. You wouldn't have done that trade, but throwing in McDonagh is the Gomez trade wasn't bad?
That was terrible.

Ain't the fans that did that one.

Good for Sather for pulling it off.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:58 PM
  #368
Evolved83
Registered User
 
Evolved83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Lots of disturbing things came out of this game.

1) Obviously the lack of offense.

2) Obviously the injuries.

3) There just seems to be a lack of urgency, especially with the younger, unestablished players.

What exactly does Mashinter bring to this team? He's not a good enough skater to forechecking and too slow to take the body. And somebody, either Mashinter or Bickel, has to get into a fight after Biron is run and if they felt the Pacciorety hit was dirty). And I'm not a big fight guy but show some pride.

Miller and Kreider seem too comfortable in their places in the lineup.

The one guy who seems to be really trying to keep his spot and compete is Gilroy (and I can't believe I'm saying that).

4) It's not that they lost the game, they seem to always lose in Montreal, it's the way they lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Dumping and chasing is the system. That is on the coach. Not retaliating is on the players.
This is true, but that system was more suitable for last season. We have more "offense" potential this season and I think if they loosen the leash a little, it may go a long way.

Evolved83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:05 PM
  #369
Maaxse
Registered User
 
Maaxse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: France
Posts: 624
vCash: 500
We have an easy week coming in. Winnipeg, Tampa and Buffalo are going to be wins with a good amount of GF. If we bag in 5 out of 6*, the team is going to feel safer.

*I believe we will do this at worst.

Maaxse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:20 PM
  #370
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maaxse View Post
We have an easy week coming in. Winnipeg, Tampa and Buffalo are going to be wins with a good amount of GF. If we bag in 5 out of 6*, the team is going to feel safer.

*I believe we will do this at worst.
wow talk about a jinx

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:25 PM
  #371
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
wow talk about a jinx
lol...i was thinking the exact same thing...there are no easy games in the NHL

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:27 PM
  #372
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
We thought that Ottawa would be easy. Look how that turned out. No such thing as an easy game, especially with this team.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:29 PM
  #373
Maaxse
Registered User
 
Maaxse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: France
Posts: 624
vCash: 500
Home games with good resting time between against teams that have hard time defending is maybe not easy but it is certainly easier than say, our first 2 weeks.

And I didn't think Ottawa would be easy.

Maaxse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:40 PM
  #374
PromNite
Armed Android
 
PromNite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,719
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's not the losses. It's the way they're losing.
This. A thousand times this. I've never been as down on this team as I am right now. It's like when they get behind the game is over.

There's no effort, not a care in the world. They can't pass, can't shoot, they look absolutely lost in both zones. I feel bad for the goalies.

__________________


Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:21 PM
  #375
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
We thought that Ottawa would be easy. Look how that turned out. No such thing as an easy game, especially with this team.

Which is why I dont care who Gaborik scores against, whether its the Islanders, Toronto or Boston.

This team cant be picky about its wins.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.