HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Coffee Shop Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 12:10 AM
SouthernHab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Good enough for the 4th line?
This was a very good game for Eller. An even better game for the Canadiens tonight.

I couldnt be happier with the result.

I WANT Eller to succeed. Just like I want all the Habs players to succeed.

I am a fan of the Canadiens. I have no love for one player over the other. I dont wish for one player to fail in order for another player to get moved up (the entire running battle of DD vs Eller).

Old
02-24-2013, 12:37 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Eller gained his spot back.

I like Prust on the top 3 lines (spreading the toughness) but with the way our top 3 lines are currently playing, I can only see him play on 4th alongside White and Moen.

I really, really like the mix and depth upfront.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:49 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
If Eller keeps this up and I expect him to unless he gets injured, he will soon (1 yr from now) have a spot on the #1 line with Galchenyuk and Gallagher.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:59 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
This was a very good game for Eller. An even better game for the Canadiens tonight.

I couldnt be happier with the result.

I WANT Eller to succeed. Just like I want all the Habs players to succeed.

I am a fan of the Canadiens. I have no love for one player over the other. I dont wish for one player to fail in order for another player to get moved up (the entire running battle of DD vs Eller).
But it just feels like you were waiting for Eller to have a bad game and then come here and bash him and the members that was praising him for playing really well in the 10-12 games before the Islanders game.

You know, when you post things like this after ONE bad game in 12 games, we are not so sure that you really want him to succeed or see the potential in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab
Tonight proved once again that Eller has no creativity with the puck. He is still in panic mode and makes ill advised passes. Although he is getting really good at icing the puck.

The overrating of Eller on this board continues.......and continues to amaze me.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:48 AM

I love this kid. Skilled, big and has a lot of character (remember when he played with a ****ed up shoulder in the playoffs?). It blows my mind that so many people under appreciate him. He's already big (6ft2 209) but next season I hope he shows up at 6ft2 220. I want him to be a fat, hard to move mother****er that spends his time around the next with slick hands.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:50 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

The only reason people still give him a hard time is because of the Halak trade. A lot of fans are certain that PG was a moron that traded a playoff hero for nothing. Some are stubbornly clinging to that notion in the face of Eller's play.

Sometimes he does make poor decisions with the puck but that's still something that can come with time. I've seen him make tons of great passes and plays that far outweigh the bad. Kid's looking fantastic out there.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:55 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
The only reason people still give him a hard time is because of the Halak trade. A lot of fans are certain that PG was a moron that traded a playoff hero for nothing. Some are stubbornly clinging to that notion in the face of Eller's play.

Sometimes he does make poor decisions with the puck but that's still something that can come with time. I've seen him make tons of great passes and plays that far outweigh the bad. Kid's looking fantastic out there.
It's hard to name a trade in the past twenty years where a goalie returned more than we got for Halak.

I think that only Vesa Toskala fetched more.

Old
02-24-2013, 06:58 AM
LarsEller

If Eller can continue to play wih this mean streak, i see no problem with him and Galchenyuk continuing to play on the same line.

I couldnt be happier with the way hes playing at the moment

Old
02-24-2013, 07:32 AM
BLONG7

Eller is very talented, the benching of games 2 and 3 really hit him hard, and he has been very good since...the kid has alot of talent...he has helped the Habs with a very balanced attack...

Old
02-24-2013, 07:49 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Eller is very talented, the benching of games 2 and 3 really hit him hard, and he has been very good since...the kid has alot of talent...he has helped the Habs with a very balanced attack...
Wrong choice of words.

How about "whipped him hard"?

Old
02-24-2013, 08:27 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
Well, unlike Carbonneau who just loved juggling his lines and Martin who only liked veteran players, Therrien seems to have a system of meritocracy in place. You play well, you get ice time. You work and try hard, you get rewarded. So far it pays off. Still don't understand why Subban doesn't play more though.
Just like you said - If you work hard you play. Subban chose to sit out and we have 4 other guys working their ass off each shift since day 1, as well as the General who is the smartest player on the team.

Subban, however, played the second most minutes last night. Gorges minutes were low because of lack of PK time. His role will increase as he earns the ice-time.

We finally have a legit Top-4 in Markov, Subban, Gorges and Diaz though. Love it.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:43 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Elder had one bad games and this thread was all Southern Hab demanding he be on the 4th line.

Now get has 1 good game and we are thinking that he has arrived lol.
Eller is a legit 3rd line center on a contender. That's my judgment. And you know this DA.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:19 AM
rockjngo

I think Eller is a poor man's Jordan Staal.
He doesn't have enough offense to be a top line center but 2-3rd line center might fit his style. He's a very good two way center.

I'm kind wondering if Eller is that big #2 center we've been dreaming of?
Galchenyuk is our future big #1 center but who to play after Galchenyuk?
Personally I think Plekanec is that "special" 3rd line center, he's smart and play a two way game. I don't think Desharnais fits the team, maybe put him on the wing.

Our future:
Center
#1-Galchenyuk
#2-Eller
#3-Plekanec

Old
02-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
If Eller keeps this up and I expect him to unless he gets injured, he will soon (1 yr from now) have a spot on the #1 line with Galchenyuk and Gallagher.
If Eller becomes a better player than Plekanec, Pacioretty... within the next year, it sure would be good news for our Habs!

That said, and more realistically (though something really clicked in Eller’s head so who knows), what if next year we are still rolling 3 solid and productive lines + a very good 4th line? I sure would be ok with that!

Plekanec’s line will continue to be the #1 line in terms of TOI but, without a true superstar upfront, I see no reason to assign rank/number to our top 3 lines. On a specific night, any given of our top 3 line can be our #1. That's a force btw.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:26 AM
MarkovsKnee

Like that Eller is working with a sports psychologist. It shows his willingness to improve. He's also stated that he trying to pattern his game after Plekanec, which is also a smart thing to do. I think he realizes himself that he's not going to be that elite #1 C, but he can still be a highly effective top 6/9 player.

I expect this kid to continue to improve for another 2 years. I can see him being at his best, strongest around 25. I hope MB doesn't trade this kid. We are dearly short of prospects at the centre position.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Teufelsdreck

I haven't commented much on Eller in the past but I've seen him improve into an important element on the Habs. I'm not in favor of trading him.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:44 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

vCash: 250
Why habs must trade eller coming up on 690. What a joke........

Old
02-24-2013, 02:02 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Why habs must trade eller coming up on 690. What a joke........
Mitch Gallo strikes again?

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
02-24-2013, 02:33 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
But it just feels like you were waiting for Eller to have a bad game and then come here and bash him and the members that was praising him for playing really well in the 10-12 games before the Islanders game.

You know, when you post things like this after ONE bad game in 12 games, we are not so sure that you really want him to succeed or see the potential in him.
I am a fan of the Habs, not any one single player. Even when we had Gomez on the team, I wanted him to succeed. To pull against a Canadiens player is asinine.

To be critical of a players performance happens here every single day by a big majority of the posters here.

As stated here before, Eller has a very strong and vocal fanbase, some of whom would like nothing better than to see DD replaced by Eller. I did nothing more than point out that Eller does have his flaws with regard to some of his decision making in possession of the puck. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last night was what I want to see from Eller every game. If he is willing to put in the effort to improve then you cannot ask any more than that from a player.

If he continues to produce, anyone would be foolish to want anything less than him continuing to be an important contributor for the success of the Montreal Canadiens.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Eller gained his spot back.
Why did he lose it in the first place??
People keep saying he needs to play more with skilled players. It's not about earning a spot, it's about common freaking sense.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
I am a fan of the Habs, not any one single player. Even when we had Gomez on the team, I wanted him to succeed. To pull against a Canadiens player is asinine.

To be critical of a players performance happens here every single day by a big majority of the posters here.

As stated here before, Eller has a very strong and vocal fanbase, some of whom would like nothing better than to see DD replaced by Eller. I did nothing more than point out that Eller does have his flaws with regard to some of his decision making in possession of the puck. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last night was what I want to see from Eller every game. If he is willing to put in the effort to improve then you cannot ask any more than that from a player.

If he continues to produce, anyone would be foolish to want anything less than him continuing to be an important contributor for the success of the Montreal Canadiens.
It's not about whether you want someone to succeed. Obviously, everybody always want every hab to succeed.

The debate people are having is more about what Eller can become or bring.
Eller should NEVER play on the 4th line. That is just a waste of talent. Some people understood this as soon as they saw him play versus AK, and notice the potential, for some others it took longer and they're starting to see it now.

We've repeatedly said that Eller needs to play on the PP and with better wingers.

I don't understand how anybody could think this kid is just a 4th liner. Seriously.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:

Its one thing to be critical but its another one to wait for a player to have one bad game in 10-12 and come here to say he's overrated and he's always in panic mode. You did not simply point out that he has some flaws, you came here to say that you were right about Eller sucks and us that see the potential in him are wrong and is overrating him.

Its just quite hypocrytical to say that you want him to produce after a good game and when he have a bad game, you come here with the "told you guys that he was not that good. So overrated".

Old
02-24-2013, 05:10 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Its one thing to be critical but its another one to wait for a player to have one bad game in 10-12 and come here to say he's overrated and he's always in panic mode. You did not simply point out that he has some flaws, you came here to say that you were right about Eller sucks and us that see the potential in him are wrong and is overrating him.

Its just quite hypocrytical to say that you want him to produce after a good game and when he have a bad game, you come here with the "told you guys that he was not that good. So overrated".
If the above post makes you feel good about yourself, then I am happy for you.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
If the above post makes you feel good about yourself, then I am happy for you.
Actually it does. Thank you.

We all know you have an agenda against Eller but this year he doesn't give you much opportunity to bash him except the Islanders game, and you did jumped on that opportunity.

Maybe I was too hard on you, maybe you're not an hypocrite, maybe you've just started to see Eller's potential, which is a good thing.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Mitch Gallo strikes again?
I doubt he goes down that road again. Big Brother is watching him

Closed Thread