HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XV: Rielly Wins WHL Eastern Conf. Dman of the Year

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Interactif

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgro View Post
It was an absolutely filthy snipe. ****ing beau-ti-ful
Yeah that was a quick release and snipe.

Rogers just did a Biggs feature in the intermission, terrific kid that is always well spoken. Anyone that says our scouting staff should be replaced, respectfully have no idea what they are talking about.

Leivo was a thin 6'1, 180 when drafted, it wasn't until Morrison's keen eye that projected Josh was a late bloomer that allowed us to pick him up, make that steal him at #86 in the 11 draft.

Watching him today, he looks like he is filling out, he's certainly all of 6'2, listed at 191, I say he plays at 200 in the NHL.

This was a great pick by us, he's rightfully rated highly by our Management team.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Was just about to post this, watching the game. For those that said I shouldn't be making projections on the 11 draft, kiss Mac's butt.
May still be a little early to projecting him in the line up a couple years from now but it is safe to say he is developing extremely well, better than expected for sure

Old
02-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
May still be a little early to projecting him in the line up a couple years from now but it is safe to say he is developing extremely well, better than expected for sure
Pretty sure he will make the Marlies next year, it's going to be interesting who makes a bigger impact for them, Biggs or Leivo. I would put these 2 on the same line, Leivo can play left wing, I am convinced he is still growing. He may be closer to 6'3 when his growth is complete. If I were a Center, I would absolutely love to play between these 2 kids.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Pretty sure he will make the Marlies next year, it's going to be interesting who makes a bigger impact for them, Biggs or Leivo. I would put these 2 on the same line, Leivo can play left wing, I am convinced he is still growing. He may be closer to 6'3 when his growth is complete. If I were a Center, I would absolutely love to play between these 2 kids.
So I take it Leivo is eligible for AHL action then next year, sweet. Put Colborne between the two maybe? If Leivo outplays Biggs people will probably call Biggs a bust. I think it would more have to do with Leivo just progressing that well. Looking forward to it

Old
02-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Hawaiinleaf

Monahan is so perfect for the Leafs..If we have to package up to draft him we should do whatever it takes..

Old
02-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Interactif

Leafs fans, you are going to love this kid. The puck just seems to follow him around. Good players have this tendency.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Interactif

Quote:
So I take it Leivo is eligible for AHL action then next year, sweet. Put Colborne between the two maybe? If Leivo outplays Biggs people will probably call Biggs a bust. I think it would more have to do with Leivo just progressing that well. Looking forward to it
I believe Leivo is a July birthday and will be 20, so that would qualify him. Biggs turns 20 in April. 2 good additions to the Marlies next year.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:04 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
I believe Leivo is a July birthday and will be 20, so that would qualify him. Biggs turns 20 in April. 2 good additions to the Marlies next year.
PLUS, I hope Eakins is still here next season

Old
02-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
PLUS, I hope Eakins is still here next season
A big +1 to that.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
I believe Biggs was eligible this year as well because he took the college route originally. Or does playing even a single season in the CHL negate that?

Old
02-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Interactif

Josh Leivo picked first star in today's Rogers game over Brampton.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Lebanese Leaf

I joined the Leivo bandwagon over a month ago now, and I really see his potential. Glad to see more people recognizing it.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:34 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
I joined the Leivo bandwagon over a month ago now, and I really see his potential. Glad to see more people recognizing it.
I've been on his bandwagon since I saw this.

http://www.sudburywolves.com/video/index/id/1349882008

Old
02-24-2013, 03:50 PM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

Quote:
I believe Biggs was eligible this year as well because he took the college route originally. Or does playing even a single season in the CHL negate that?
He was/is AHL eligible but went to the OHL instead.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Defense

Can anyone give an update on Josh Nicholls, just looked his stats up, his Saskatoon Blades are currently riding a 15 game winning streak and they host the Memorial Cup this year. He's got 40 goals 31 assists 71 points in 61 games.

He is 20 so looks like he's headed for the Marlies next year. Noticed he's listed 6'2 196 pounds

Old
02-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense View Post
Can anyone give an update on Josh Nicholls, just looked his stats up, his Saskatoon Blades are currently riding a 15 game winning streak and they host the Memorial Cup this year. He's got 40 goals 31 assists 71 points in 61 games.

He is 20 so looks like he's headed for the Marlies next year. Noticed he's listed 6'2 196 pounds
Not our property anymore.

I suppose we could offer him an AHL contract still, But as of now he's a UFA.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:19 PM
showtime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense View Post

The Leafs didn't end up signing him last year. He's put up huge points in junior, but I don't think that he has the speed that they were looking for. Its clearly a guess, but I'm not sure the reasoning.

They can only bring him in on PTO.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:20 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
Didn't see any one on his bandwagon yesterday when his stats were 0-0. Amazing what a goal can do.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:24 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Ottawa scouting staff shows Supremecy

Over the Leafs staff last night, their Allstar Centre and Defenceman out and they turn to the farm system. Bring up three guys no one has heard of and they just keep chuggin along. It's so obvious the Swede's have been producing the best young players over the last four or five years and that the Sens have taken full advantage of it.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Over the Leafs staff last night, their Allstar Centre and Defenceman out and they turn to the farm system. Bring up three guys no one has heard of and they just keep chuggin along. It's so obvious the Swede's have been producing the best young players over the last four or five years and that the Sens have taken full advantage of it.
lol, Do you get a particular joy out of trolling?

I didn't this BS from you last weekend when we beat them 3-0.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Didn't see any one on his bandwagon yesterday when his stats were 0-0. Amazing what a goal can do.

This was your post when someone asked how good Zibanejad was.

Quote:
He'll be better than Kadri as he showed last night.

It is amazing what a goal can do. Eh bud.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:31 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
lol, Do you get a particular joy out of trolling?

I didn't this BS from you last weekend when we beat them 3-0.
We Leafs fans have a lot of posters that are fans of other teams posing as Leafs fans. It's odd, but comes with the territory of being the team with one of the biggest fan-bases in the NHL.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

vCash: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
I've been on his bandwagon since I saw this.

http://www.sudburywolves.com/video/index/id/1349882008
Wow, that was an impressive game. All 3 of his goals were nice, and two of them were highlight reel goals. His combination of skill and size is tantalizing, seems like a great mid-round pick.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:
I wasn't impressed with any of the Sens young players last night. Their team is full of big, hard working players that are running at 100% effort because they're trying to win a spot on an NHL roster. The team is currently void of any high end skill, but MacLean is coaching them to play a suffocating system because they can't win any other way. The Leafs lost because they couldn't win battles in the offensive zone, not because Ottawa's young players are so much better.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:54 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
This was your post when someone asked how good Zibanejad was.

It is amazing what a goal can do. Eh bud.
Thats correct Zibanejad will have a much better nhl career than Kadri, he's 19 and Kadri even after almost three years in the minors is 22, he had more turn overs last night alone than the whole Ottawa team. He was a turnover machine last night.

Closed Thread