Visitors Guide to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex

Old
01-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
Thanks for the info, I'm assuming Row A is glass, Row B is 2nd row?

Also, I'd assume behind the penalty box & player benches the first row would be row C? Stub hub has some there, not sure I'd like to sit behind the players bench, but it might be easier to sell my wife on the trip if she could sit that close to the players / action.
Correct on both.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:12 AM
doug5984

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Thanks for the help guys- we will be there Saturday night, just have to decide where to sit now.

doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:18 PM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
I was flipping through the games last night, and briefly caught a promo for festivities outside before the game- is there any website to get info on whats going on?

doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
I was flipping through the games last night, and briefly caught a promo for festivities outside before the game- is there any website to get info on whats going on?
They have music on the AT&T Plaza before the game, and like games that kids can play.

If there's something bigger going on, it hasn't been promoted on twitter or anything.

http://www.americanairlinescenter.co.../att_plaza.php is where anything before the games happens.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:23 PM
molsonmuscle360

Hello there Stars fans. I'm heading down your way this weekend for a work function and I'm very interested to know what would be the best place you guys can think of to enjoy local cuisine? Also a top notch food truck would be greatly appreciated as well.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:44 PM
RoninNYR

Making trip to Dallas, few q's?

Hey guys,

I am planing a trip to TX with a buddy of mine, we plan to hit Austin for a few then make the trip for Saturday March 16th game vs the Hawks. (Huge Jagr fan)

I wanted to ask what's a reasonable price to pay for seats. Should I buy before on stubhub, or will I be able to get a better deal the day before online or even outside the arena? What's reasonable price, recommended sections?

Also what are some good places to visit in Dallas while there?

TIA

RoninNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninNYR View Post
Hey guys,

I am planing a trip to TX with a buddy of mine, we plan to hit Austin for a few then make the trip for Saturday March 16th game vs the Hawks. (Huge Jagr fan)

I wanted to ask what's a reasonable price to pay for seats. Should I buy before on stubhub, or will I be able to get a better deal the day before online or even outside the arena? What's reasonable price, recommended sections?

TIA
Well I can help you out with the Austin part if you need it.

I've purchased form Stubhub several times, and most of them have been suites. Always get a hell of deal there.

Platinum section used to be cool because the view is good, but now it's invaded by rich people who bring there kids and are just there to be seen. They frown upon talking **** to the opponents in that section.

I'd stick to the corners in the lower bowl every time. Always really cool people that sit in those areas who aren't afraid to support the team (yell obscenities with me).

Couldn't tell you what a good price is now because I haven't been since the prices changed. There really isn't a bad seat in the house though. To be honest though, you can get some great seats by just showing up and scalping some tickets. None of those idiots know what kind of seats they have.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Well I can help you out with the Austin part if you need it.

I've purchased form Stubhub several times, and most of them have been suites. Always get a hell of deal there.

Platinum section used to be cool because the view is good, but now it's invaded by rich people who bring there kids and are just there to be seen. They frown upon talking **** to the opponents in that section.

I'd stick to the corners in the lower bowl every time. Always really cool people that sit in those areas who aren't afraid to support the team (yell obscenities with me).

Couldn't tell you what a good price is now because I haven't been since the prices changed. There really isn't a bad seat in the house though. To be honest though, you can get some great seats by just showing up and scalping some tickets. None of those idiots know what kind of seats they have.
Typing on my phone, so excuse the grammar issues.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:35 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
Hey guys,

TIA
Are you going to SXSW? Because that's what'll be going on in Austin that week.

You should stay and check out the St. Patrick's Day Parade on lower Greenville (Dallas). It's a huge parade full of happy drunk people. It's in the morning on the 16th.

There are tons of nice places to eat in downtown Dallas. I'd suggest Mexican food. Velvet Taco kicks ass and is open really late.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:48 PM
RoninNYR

SXWX????

ANy hotel recommendations for Dallas and Austin, prefer low cost but close to action to avoid renting (Besides drive to Dallas)?

RoninNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:
SXWX????

ANy hotel recommendations for Dallas and Austin, prefer low cost but close to action to avoid renting (Besides drive to Dallas)?
Oh man good luck getting a room during SXSW. Downtown is absolutely impossible while it's going on.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 1951
Quote:
Oh man good luck getting a room during SXSW. Downtown is absolutely impossible while it's going on.
Yea, you might have better luck looking at people renting out rooms or whatnot on Craigslist, they might be closer to actual hotel prices. If you plan on even attempting to stay downtown during SXSW be prepared to have just paid average rent for a month at an apartment, lol.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:17 PM
compan

Boston fan moving to Dallas!

Hey HF,

I for one thoroughly enjoy my beloved Bruins' games against the Stars. I am accepting an offer for a job in the Plano area and will be moving down there. I am a 24yr old young professional with no 'commitments'. I was wondering if anybody could give me any advice for when I go down! I will not know a single person.

compan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

You'll need a car for sure, living in Plano. Avoid 635 any chance you can (for the next 4 years at least before it turns into a tollway).

Old
03-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compan View Post
Hey HF,

I for one thoroughly enjoy my beloved Bruins' games against the Stars. I am accepting an offer for a job in the Plano area and will be moving down there. I am a 24yr old young professional with no 'commitments'. I was wondering if anybody could give me any advice for when I go down! I will not know a single person.
Lot's of great women in Plano. You'll need a car for sure like Lobo said, although DART is pretty damn kick ass. Learn to love Mexican/Texmex food, and you're set.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:08 PM
FrailSwan
ExplodeForEkblad

Quote:
Originally Posted by compan View Post
Hey HF,

If you're not a huge fan of a tiny state, then you'll love it down here. There's a whole lot more space down here! And if you had winter....then you're in luck!

I live about 30 minutes away from Plano so I don't know a while lot about the city, but from what I hear it's a nice place.

FrailSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
There are no girls here.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:40 PM
TrillMike

There's a lot of badass places to live out here. I'm 23 and am living downtown. There are a ton of restaurants and shopping areas all over the Metroplex. I don't notice it, but the some people who work with me rave about how nice everyone is (they're from Chicago).

Definitely read through this thread on areas to avoid.

What part of Boston are you moving from? I have a bunch of family from Stonham.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:52 PM
vofty

How close to Plano are you wanting to live?

Plano is a nice area but very family oriented. As a young professional I would say Addison is the place to look, it isn't too far from Plano and has a very active singles scene.

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONESINforSETH View Post
As a young professional I would say Addison is the place to look
Second this. I live less than half a mile from Addison, and usually am over there more often than I am in Richardson.

Old
03-01-2013, 07:31 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

vCash: 1425
Anywhere between Dallas North Tollway and 75 is nice. If you can swing it uptown and university park are places that are full of young people. Plano isn't bad though. My pick of the city would be shops at legacy area.

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 07:50 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
SXWX????

Sorry, I just saw this. South by SouthWest is the largest music and technology festival in North America. I'd shocked if you found a hotel that week. Someone suggested Craiglists, I believe Austin outlawed this, but I could be wrong. SXSW is freaking awesome but super expensive.

Old
03-01-2013, 07:55 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONESINforSETH View Post
How close to Plano are you wanting to live?

Plano is a nice area but very family oriented. As a young professional I would say Addison is the place to look, it isn't too far from Plano and has a very active singles scene.
Really depends on traffic, but I don't ever go to Plano.

I live at the apartment complex across from the AAC. It's by far the coolest place I've ever lived. Most of the people here are 23-30 working downtown. I looked at a flat off of Elm St that was 900sqft, they wanted $1,900 a month. F that. You can find a lot of apartments in Uptown Dallas for $1,100 a month.

Old
03-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillmike View Post
Sorry, I just saw this. South by SouthWest is the largest music and technology festival in North America. I'd shocked if you found a hotel that week. Someone suggested Craiglists, I believe Austin outlawed this, but I could be wrong. SXSW is freaking awesome but super expensive.
Can easily find a place to stay on CL for sure.

Old
03-01-2013, 07:57 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
Can easily find a place to stay on CL for sure.
Ya prob. I just thoughtI heard it was illegal. I might be thinking of a story about theNFL trying to stop it for the Super Bowl.