HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Visitors Guide to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2013, 10:38 AM
  #126
Stars99Lobo37
Moderator
Away Games - 13
 
Stars99Lobo37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 314 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 46,578
vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
Thanks for the info, I'm assuming Row A is glass, Row B is 2nd row?

Also, I'd assume behind the penalty box & player benches the first row would be row C? Stub hub has some there, not sure I'd like to sit behind the players bench, but it might be easier to sell my wife on the trip if she could sit that close to the players / action.
Correct on both.

__________________
"Now when people ask me where I'm from, I tell them Texas. Dallas, Texas." - Mike Modano, March 8th, 2014

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:12 AM
  #127
doug5984
Registered User
 
doug5984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Country: United States
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Thanks for the help guys- we will be there Saturday night, just have to decide where to sit now.

doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:18 PM
  #128
doug5984
Registered User
 
doug5984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Country: United States
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to doug5984
I was flipping through the games last night, and briefly caught a promo for festivities outside before the game- is there any website to get info on whats going on?

doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:23 PM
  #129
Stars99Lobo37
Moderator
Away Games - 13
 
Stars99Lobo37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 314 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 46,578
vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
I was flipping through the games last night, and briefly caught a promo for festivities outside before the game- is there any website to get info on whats going on?
They have music on the AT&T Plaza before the game, and like games that kids can play.

If there's something bigger going on, it hasn't been promoted on twitter or anything.

http://www.americanairlinescenter.co.../att_plaza.php is where anything before the games happens.

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:23 PM
  #130
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,271
vCash: 500
Hello there Stars fans. I'm heading down your way this weekend for a work function and I'm very interested to know what would be the best place you guys can think of to enjoy local cuisine? Also a top notch food truck would be greatly appreciated as well.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:44 PM
  #131
RoninNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Making trip to Dallas, few q's?

Hey guys,

I am planing a trip to TX with a buddy of mine, we plan to hit Austin for a few then make the trip for Saturday March 16th game vs the Hawks. (Huge Jagr fan)

I wanted to ask what's a reasonable price to pay for seats. Should I buy before on stubhub, or will I be able to get a better deal the day before online or even outside the arena? What's reasonable price, recommended sections?

Also what are some good places to visit in Dallas while there?

TIA

RoninNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:54 PM
  #132
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 6,897
vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninNYR View Post
Hey guys,

I am planing a trip to TX with a buddy of mine, we plan to hit Austin for a few then make the trip for Saturday March 16th game vs the Hawks. (Huge Jagr fan)

I wanted to ask what's a reasonable price to pay for seats. Should I buy before on stubhub, or will I be able to get a better deal the day before online or even outside the arena? What's reasonable price, recommended sections?

Also what are some good places to visit in Dallas while there?

TIA
Well I can help you out with the Austin part if you need it.

I've purchased form Stubhub several times, and most of them have been suites. Always get a hell of deal there.

Platinum section used to be cool because the view is good, but now it's invaded by rich people who bring there kids and are just there to be seen. They frown upon talking **** to the opponents in that section.

I'd stick to the corners in the lower bowl every time. Always really cool people that sit in those areas who aren't afraid to support the team (yell obscenities with me).

Couldn't tell you what a good price is now because I haven't been since the prices changed. There really isn't a bad seat in the house though. To be honest though, you can get some great seats by just showing up and scalping some tickets. None of those idiots know what kind of seats they have.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:55 PM
  #133
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 6,897
vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Well I can help you out with the Austin part if you need it.

I've purchased form Stubhub several times, and most of them have been suites. Always get a hell of deal there.

Platinum section used to be cool because the view is good, but now it's invaded by rich people who bring there kids and are just there to be seen. They frown upon talking **** to the opponents in that section.

I'd stick to the corners in the lower bowl every time. Always really cool people that sit in those areas who aren't afraid to support the team (yell obscenities with me).

Couldn't tell you what a good price is now because I haven't been since the prices changed. There really isn't a bad seat in the house though. To be honest though, you can get some great seats by just showing up and scalping some tickets. None of those idiots know what kind of seats they have.
Typing on my phone, so excuse the grammar issues.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:35 PM
  #134
TrillMike
Registered User
 
TrillMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninNYR View Post
Hey guys,

I am planing a trip to TX with a buddy of mine, we plan to hit Austin for a few then make the trip for Saturday March 16th game vs the Hawks. (Huge Jagr fan)

I wanted to ask what's a reasonable price to pay for seats. Should I buy before on stubhub, or will I be able to get a better deal the day before online or even outside the arena? What's reasonable price, recommended sections?

Also what are some good places to visit in Dallas while there?

TIA
Are you going to SXSW? Because that's what'll be going on in Austin that week.

You should stay and check out the St. Patrick's Day Parade on lower Greenville (Dallas). It's a huge parade full of happy drunk people. It's in the morning on the 16th.

There are tons of nice places to eat in downtown Dallas. I'd suggest Mexican food. Velvet Taco kicks ass and is open really late.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:48 PM
  #135
RoninNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
SXWX????

ANy hotel recommendations for Dallas and Austin, prefer low cost but close to action to avoid renting (Besides drive to Dallas)?

RoninNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:55 PM
  #136
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 6,897
vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninNYR View Post
SXWX????

ANy hotel recommendations for Dallas and Austin, prefer low cost but close to action to avoid renting (Besides drive to Dallas)?
Oh man good luck getting a room during SXSW. Downtown is absolutely impossible while it's going on.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:20 PM
  #137
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail
 
Dominic Roussel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ATX
Country: United States
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 1951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Oh man good luck getting a room during SXSW. Downtown is absolutely impossible while it's going on.
Yea, you might have better luck looking at people renting out rooms or whatnot on Craigslist, they might be closer to actual hotel prices. If you plan on even attempting to stay downtown during SXSW be prepared to have just paid average rent for a month at an apartment, lol.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:17 PM
  #138
compan
Registered User
 
compan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 4,145
vCash: 500
Boston fan moving to Dallas!

Hey HF,

I for one thoroughly enjoy my beloved Bruins' games against the Stars. I am accepting an offer for a job in the Plano area and will be moving down there. I am a 24yr old young professional with no 'commitments'. I was wondering if anybody could give me any advice for when I go down! I will not know a single person.

compan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:21 PM
  #139
Stars99Lobo37
Moderator
Away Games - 13
 
Stars99Lobo37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 314 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 46,578
vCash: 1495
You'll need a car for sure, living in Plano. Avoid 635 any chance you can (for the next 4 years at least before it turns into a tollway).

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 04:46 PM
  #140
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 6,897
vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by compan View Post
Hey HF,

I for one thoroughly enjoy my beloved Bruins' games against the Stars. I am accepting an offer for a job in the Plano area and will be moving down there. I am a 24yr old young professional with no 'commitments'. I was wondering if anybody could give me any advice for when I go down! I will not know a single person.
Lot's of great women in Plano. You'll need a car for sure like Lobo said, although DART is pretty damn kick ass. Learn to love Mexican/Texmex food, and you're set.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:08 PM
  #141
FrailSwan
ExplodeForEkblad
 
FrailSwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by compan View Post
Hey HF,

I for one thoroughly enjoy my beloved Bruins' games against the Stars. I am accepting an offer for a job in the Plano area and will be moving down there. I am a 24yr old young professional with no 'commitments'. I was wondering if anybody could give me any advice for when I go down! I will not know a single person.
If you're not a huge fan of a tiny state, then you'll love it down here. There's a whole lot more space down here! And if you had winter....then you're in luck!

I live about 30 minutes away from Plano so I don't know a while lot about the city, but from what I hear it's a nice place.

FrailSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:20 PM
  #142
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller
 
Frozen Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richardson, TX
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,407
vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
There are no girls here.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:40 PM
  #143
TrillMike
Registered User
 
TrillMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,806
vCash: 500
There's a lot of badass places to live out here. I'm 23 and am living downtown. There are a ton of restaurants and shopping areas all over the Metroplex. I don't notice it, but the some people who work with me rave about how nice everyone is (they're from Chicago).

Definitely read through this thread on areas to avoid.

What part of Boston are you moving from? I have a bunch of family from Stonham.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:52 PM
  #144
vofty
Registered User
 
vofty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 3,410
vCash: 500
How close to Plano are you wanting to live?

Plano is a nice area but very family oriented. As a young professional I would say Addison is the place to look, it isn't too far from Plano and has a very active singles scene.

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:00 PM
  #145
Stars99Lobo37
Moderator
Away Games - 13
 
Stars99Lobo37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 314 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 46,578
vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONESINforSETH View Post
As a young professional I would say Addison is the place to look
Second this. I live less than half a mile from Addison, and usually am over there more often than I am in Richardson.

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 07:31 PM
  #146
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus
 
DaStars99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,918
vCash: 1425
Anywhere between Dallas North Tollway and 75 is nice. If you can swing it uptown and university park are places that are full of young people. Plano isn't bad though. My pick of the city would be shops at legacy area.

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 07:50 PM
  #147
TrillMike
Registered User
 
TrillMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninNYR View Post
SXWX????

ANy hotel recommendations for Dallas and Austin, prefer low cost but close to action to avoid renting (Besides drive to Dallas)?
Sorry, I just saw this. South by SouthWest is the largest music and technology festival in North America. I'd shocked if you found a hotel that week. Someone suggested Craiglists, I believe Austin outlawed this, but I could be wrong. SXSW is freaking awesome but super expensive.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 07:55 PM
  #148
TrillMike
Registered User
 
TrillMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONESINforSETH View Post
How close to Plano are you wanting to live?

Plano is a nice area but very family oriented. As a young professional I would say Addison is the place to look, it isn't too far from Plano and has a very active singles scene.
Really depends on traffic, but I don't ever go to Plano.

I live at the apartment complex across from the AAC. It's by far the coolest place I've ever lived. Most of the people here are 23-30 working downtown. I looked at a flat off of Elm St that was 900sqft, they wanted $1,900 a month. F that. You can find a lot of apartments in Uptown Dallas for $1,100 a month.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 07:55 PM
  #149
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 6,897
vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillmike View Post
Sorry, I just saw this. South by SouthWest is the largest music and technology festival in North America. I'd shocked if you found a hotel that week. Someone suggested Craiglists, I believe Austin outlawed this, but I could be wrong. SXSW is freaking awesome but super expensive.
Can easily find a place to stay on CL for sure.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 07:57 PM
  #150
TrillMike
Registered User
 
TrillMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Can easily find a place to stay on CL for sure.
Ya prob. I just thoughtI heard it was illegal. I might be thinking of a story about theNFL trying to stop it for the Super Bowl.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.