Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 03:29 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
If I am Colorado I'd probably ask for Marchand. They make about the same money. Of course, Bruins fans will offer guys they dont like and any prospect in the system....get it done Chia, get it done

However, if I was an arbitrator its easy- Marchmont
You think Colorado thinks they could pull Marchand for a guy they can't sign. I have my doubts they'd think they can pull that much

Old
02-24-2013, 03:50 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
You think Colorado thinks they could pull Marchand for a guy they can't sign. I have my doubts they'd think they can pull that much
I'm just telling you what I'd ask for that was fair- I'm sure the Rangers will back up the truck, or the Flyers- someone that is D-E-S-P-E-R-A-TE....

the ROR love around the league leads me to believe that they'll get a real good package back

Old
02-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
I'm just telling you what I'd ask for that was fair- I'm sure the Rangers will back up the truck, or the Flyers- someone that is D-E-S-P-E-R-A-TE....

the ROR love around the league leads me to believe that they'll get a real good package back
He's practicing with the Knights now as well. Gotta hurry on up here and I'll introduce you, though I'm sure Julia wants to meet Nikita Zadorov

Old
02-24-2013, 04:45 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
Regarding the bolded I don't agree but that wasn't the statement.

Wanting to be a leader (the captain in this case) is not the same thing as being a leader; it's an indication of ambition, or desire. Nor is it an indicator of one's ability to actually lead.

Leaders are typically born, not built. By that I mean there is a whole slew of traits required to be an effective leader: ambition, drive, self-confidence, competence, a degree of charisma, to name but a few. Someone either has these traits or they don't. Natural leaders can have their skills honed, but you cannot make an effective leader out of someone who wants to be a leader but is lacking too many of the traits and no one wants to follow. They will be a leader in name only.

Also, I'm not saying that's the case here with the Bs and Chara, so don't confuse that.

Regarding the unbolded: I think that's an odd statement. The world is full of leaders who never wanted the job but it naturally fell on them for any number of reasons, and followers in search of or in need of a leader would follow. To say you wouldn't follow them simply because they didn't want the job is a bit short-sighted in my opinion.
Not in the least for me. I like my leaders who want to be there in the first place. I find they're more assertive instead of someone who doesn't or is a reluctant leader who ends up being passive or even worse, passive aggressive. I see it all the time in my line of work.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:38 PM
TheFerenceWheel
Darmok.

Just a thought... Ales Hemsky?

Old
02-24-2013, 09:04 PM
mich25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFerenceWheel View Post
Just a thought... Ales Hemsky?
Personally not a fan of Hemsky. He is too injury proned for me and has had no playoff experience since 2006. 23 goals is his best. 7, 14, & 10g were his totals the last 3 yrs, although he did play 22 games one of those years and the next only 47 games to his credit. BI think we can get a better goal scorer and need a better one. Also think he will be highly overrated/valued by Edmonton and will cost us more than we should give up for him.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:09 PM
vjcsmoke

Would love to get Ryan O Reilly. He is in a huge dispute with his team and the Avalanche have to unload him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...c-ryan-oreilly

He's also a left handed shot so he can slot in at either Center or LW with the Bruins which is a perfect fit. I'd offer a package of Spooner, a 1st, and maybe one of our extra D-man. Ference?

RoR would be a top 6 player for us. A great upgrade for our team and could push us over the top if we can make a deal before the deadline.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:50 PM
bruinmann77

watching games today the bruins need to stay awau from Weiss, unless fla wants a 7th rounder. my choice is Igina who was great today but can't see him leaving.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
The problem is that Sherman said to RoR this is what we want you to be --basically, the captain without the captaincy... to do the things he did with Clinton in the WOHA and helping coach 16 and 17 year olds and just eliminated from the playoffs and is now doing/has done with Stratford the past 6 weeks practicing and helping coach 16 to 20 year olds.

You want me to do that? Show me some respect and give me what that type of player is worth. Sherman/Avs have a history of dis-respect when it comes to their players. That's why his father said "it's not about the money."
So does he want to be captain because of the pay raise? Or does he want to be captain because he feels he is one? If he wants to be captain for the sake of it, then he should prove it on the ice instead of holding out. I'm thinking ROR might be just jealous of Landskog being named Captain. Maybe he'll grow out of it, but if I'm Chia I don't overpay for that kind of attitude. Colorado messed up, should've given the "C" to a vet like Hejduk, Johnson or even Downie and avoid this clash of egos lol.

And Chara was a man with a proven track record and a $7 million contract when he demanded the "C". ROR was a teen just 2 years ago. Please don't compare those two.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:20 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
If I am Colorado I'd probably ask for Marchand. They make about the same money. Of course, Bruins fans will offer guys they dont like and any prospect in the system....get it done Chia, get it done

You'd probably need to give up someone like Marchand to open up the cap space you would need to keep ROR for next year

Old
02-24-2013, 11:40 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
How about this blast from the past: Brad Boyes anyone?

Impressive play to begin the season. Short money. Low acquisition price IMO. Some familiarity.

He isn't at the top of the list of guys I'd like to get, but a potential lower-tier deal that Chia does like to make.

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

Old
02-24-2013, 11:43 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post

Impressive play to begin the season. Short money. Low acquisition price IMO. Some familiarity.

He isn't at the top of the list of guys I'd like to get, but a potential lower-tier deal that Chia does like to make.
Thought about this seriously too. He really has played well so far too. Wouldn't mind for an affordable price. Played really well for St. Louis there but they hadn't developed at that point.

Old
02-25-2013, 04:10 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:

Yikes, think you're wrong on this one ROR is awesome and I'd love him in Kelly's spot seriously but he's a poor mans Bergeron (not as good defensively or offensively but similar to Patrice.)

Marchmont is a perennial Richard and Hart Trophy candidate. I am not backing off that either I think Brad is that good.

Since that idiot Ovechkin has slowed down that award will be up for grabs next few years and Brad is going to be in contention for it every year. Should outscore Lucic and Seguin by 10 goals a year.

I know Marchand isn't as sexy as Perry or Vanek but he's gonna score right on pace with them and anyone else. He's right up there and his center hasn't heated up yet and I think Bergeron will kick it up a notch and get him more goals. If Marchand ever got to play with Krejci and Lucic I'd pencil him in for 40-50 a year.

Marchand is as good as anyone in the NHL right now. ROR is a Bergeron-lite.

(I know people will disagree with me but I am just calling it early on Brad Marchand the game has evolved to where there isn't much time or room for guys to operate and Marchand has a special skill set where he can make moves in a phone booth and there's none of the flash of a Kessel or Seguin he's very very efficient when the pucks on his stick.)

I know the current thinking on Marchand is 25 goals while playing a nice grinding 3rd line type of game but I think its wrong and he's a top 5-10 NHL winger no questions asked.

Last edited by MarshmontMcSlewfoot: 02-25-2013 at 04:20 AM.
Old
02-25-2013, 04:51 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post

Marchmont is a perennial Richard and Hart Trophy candidate. I am not backing off that either I think Brad is that good.
Really think that Marchand will be a perennial Hart candidate? That's quite a lofty goal. He's impressed me to the point that I think he will be a perennial 35 goal scorer but a consistent Hart Trophy candidate usually needs to put up 100 points or at least 45 goals. Do you see Marchand as either one of those?

I love your enthusiasm to see him succeed and if he becomes that, we really have to tip our hat to him and to Chiarelli or drafting him. I personally don't feel that way but a consistent 30 goal scorer sometimes pushing 40 is what I think. He's the most underrated player offensively by other fans IMO and they only see a 20 goal scoring pest which sickens me.

I'll buy ya bottle of 15 year old MaCallan's if you are right about being a year in year out scorer at that level. Here's to me hoping you are right and I gotta buy you a bottle

Last edited by Cory Trevor: 02-25-2013 at 04:57 AM.
Old
02-25-2013, 05:21 AM
chippa13*

I am going to have a three way with the tooth fairy and the easter bunny

The above statement has a better chance of happening than Marchand scoring 40 - 50 goals (yearly?) playing with ML17 and DK46

Still debating if this may be the most ridiculous claim on HF Boards in my 8+ years

I am sure that the one lady who wouldn't trade anyone one on the bruins bottom two lines for Wayne Gretzky (circa 82) has had a few doozies in her day...

Thanks

Last edited by chippa13*: 02-25-2013 at 05:24 AM. Reason: I have a weak grasp of the american language
Old
02-25-2013, 05:22 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
Really think that Marchand will be a perennial Hart candidate? That's quite a lofty goal. He's impressed me to the point that I think he will be a perennial 35 goal scorer but a consistent Hart Trophy candidate usually needs to put up 100 points or at least 45 goals. Do you see Marchand as either one of those?

I love your enthusiasm to see him succeed and if he becomes that, we really have to tip our hat to him and to Chiarelli or drafting him. I personally don't feel that way but a consistent 30 goal scorer sometimes pushing 40 is what I think. He's the most underrated player offensively by other fans IMO and they only see a 20 goal scoring pest which sickens me.

I'll buy ya bottle of 15 year old MaCallan's if you are right about being a year in year out scorer at that level. Here's to me hoping you are right and I gotta buy you a bottle

He's not on a PPG pace because Bergeron and Seguin aren't playing up to their abilities. I see PPG from Marchand next 2-5 years.

I don't see wingers better than him playing right now.

I don't see him getting the consideration he should...but a guy like Vanek is allowed to have underwhelming statistical seasons and still be considered elite. SO I see it the same way with Brad and him having that kind of production.

I mean how many years has Vanek been worth his 8 mil per?

If Bergeron and Seguin were playing better Marchand would be at a point per game right now easy.

I see skill and a complete game and am happy to toss elite out there for the guy I have seen these first 15 games. HIs 2 years leading up to this one help his cause as well (28 goals last year.)

Old
02-25-2013, 07:43 AM
WhiteMandingo

So much delusion.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:12 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

So a 22 year old center is going to plateau and forever be a Bergeron-lite.

While a 24 year old winger is somehow going to vault himself ( with help from the linemates who are currently holding him back ) into the game's best player.

Ok!

Old
02-25-2013, 08:20 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post

While a 24 year old winger is somehow going to vault himself ( with help from the linemates who are currently holding him back ) into the game's best player.

Ok!
I'll start by saying I don't agree that the Avalanche can/should expect a player of Marchand's caliber back for O'Reilly. I think that's highly unlikely.

That being said. When Marchand was at age level O'Reilly was at to start this season, he hadn't even scored an NHL goal yet.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:20 AM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post

Ok!
The power of the spoked B!

Old
02-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Kalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post

I suggested Boyes in one of the other threads on this topic.

Would be a good addition to the top 9. Has had great chemistry with Bergy in the past. Expiring contract. Probably wouldnt have to give up too much. Always seemed like a good team guy.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebottom View Post
So does he want to be captain because of the pay raise? Or does he want to be captain because he feels he is one? If he wants to be captain for the sake of it, then he should prove it on the ice instead of holding out. I'm thinking ROR might be just jealous of Landskog being named Captain. Maybe he'll grow out of it, but if I'm Chia I don't overpay for that kind of attitude. Colorado messed up, should've given the "C" to a vet like Hejduk, Johnson or even Downie and avoid this clash of egos lol.

And Chara was a man with a proven track record and a $7 million contract when he demanded the "C". ROR was a teen just 2 years ago. Please don't compare those two.
Where on God's green earth did I ever compare Chara to O'Reilly ??????????????????

Someone made this comment about the captaincy

Quote:
If you have to ask for it, you definitely don't deserve it.
I simply said that Mr Chara says hello.

If you don't understand that, let me clarify it for you: He asked for it, he got it, and he deserves it. In other words, proof that the comment I quoted is not in fact reality.

There is no comparisson to Chara there at all dude.

Edit: and let me add this. I never once said that RoR has asked to be captain. In fact I said the exact opposite. They (Sherman) want him to be the leader on and off the ice with out the letter on the jersey. I'm saying he wants to be compensated as such.

You want me to manage your company yet still punch a time card and pay me like all the hourly employees?

Old
02-25-2013, 09:20 AM
patty59

O'Reilly is a good player, but I'm not giving up too much for him and it appears that other teams aren't either or he would have been dealt already.

The guy puts up 55pts and holds out for more money. Give me a break.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:25 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
we pulled Seguin and Hamilton for a guy we couldn't sign. Just saying. Obviously not exactly the same thing, but not being able to sign him does not preclude them getting good value for him. With that said there's no way the Bruins would trade Marchand.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:28 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
O'Reilly is a good player, but I'm not giving up too much for him and it appears that other teams aren't either or he would have been dealt already.

The guy puts up 55pts and holds out for more money. Give me a break.
Guy puts up 55pts before the age of 22 with a fantastic two way game. He's not holding out, he's an RFA. I'd offer sheet him, 5/25m. Colorado will match, but that keeps him out of the East for a year. I wouldn't be concerned about Colorado offer sheeting our players, chances are if their GM continues on this track he won't be there when the chance comes up anyway.

Closed Thread