HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 04:42 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
King is pretty much a young player going through the sophmore growing pains. He'll be fine.
In another team.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Nose of Sutter

I think for the mean time we'd be better off hanging on to King, maybe he will pick up his game again or we could get something better in return if we trade him. I see what Sutter is trying to do having him in the lineup, but he shouldn't be playing over Gagne right now.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:21 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Gagne hasn't been good, but he's still been more productive than King.
I agree, I haven't liked Kings game this year but Sutter does, he defended him again yesterday when that was brought up and said 'he's working hard'.
It could be Sutter has been around this league long enough to think that King is going thru a sophmore slump. That may be or maybe what we saw in the playoffs isn't the real King.
Either way, the bottom line is the coach likes him and he's staying. I feel bad for Gagne who has worked hard since last Jan. to get back and it looks like that won't happen. And I don't think the handful of games was a true test, or maybe Sutter just doesn't like Gagne. Either way, he's the guy who will be sitting unless there is an injury.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:25 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
I agree with trading King now while he still has some semblance of value.
I would too esp if MItchell and Greene aren't coming back and the D needs help. If moving King as part of a package can bring back solid defensive help, that's worth the risk. He's not a top 6 player and he may or may not be a 3rd liner. But it's easier to replace him than find a good D.
And if Buffalo continues to backslide, I think they may move some of thier excess D or perhaps the Panthers will if McKenzies insider report was right and they will be having a firesale to move their more expensive players, lookign for prospects and picks in return.
should be bumpy ride to the playoffs

Old
02-24-2013, 05:28 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Those of you who want to trade King I bet were the ones who wanted to deal Clifford last year, when he was struggling.

Have some patience. King is going through a sophomore slump; it's no big deal. I'm not against having him be a healthy scratch, but I think he is still in our future plans. Give the kid some time.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Tadite

We aren't trading any of our young power forwards. Nolan + King + Clifford + Penner (ok so he isn't young) are primary reasons why much of the rest of the team's clicking.

Our strength is actual strength.

The chances of a trade using players on the team is nearly zero.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoForRoughing View Post
Those of you who want to trade King I bet were the ones who wanted to deal Clifford last year, when he was struggling.

Have some patience. King is going through a sophomore slump; it's no big deal. I'm not against having him be a healthy scratch, but I think he is still in our future plans. Give the kid some time.
I like king but he needs to start producing period. I don't expect him to score like he did in the playoffs but he needs to bring something more than he has been.

I have no problems trading him in a package that brings an upgrade, but don't want to see him traded just to be traded, such as a rental.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:01 PM
deeshamrock

Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Dater thinks that Avalanche defenseman Shane O’Brien is on the trade block.

Would he be a good fit?

Old
02-24-2013, 07:30 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I have thought of this i ve see the combo within the first few mins of a period there was no pk or pp anywhere near the time. Injury is possibe but i tend to think not as i alway see lewis right after *(during the days when lewis was on 3rd 4 th line).To me hes trying to force chemistry which simply never happens.I know king and nolon have played in ahl together but there not a 3rd line combo in the nhl.
Can we be provided links to these games you are referenceing that seemingly no other fan has witnessed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoForRoughing View Post

Though I haven't spoken much on King, I'd like to say I wanted him traded in the off-season and not Clifford last year. I've felt Clifford had the ability to produce on any line (outside of the 1st line) while King seems to definately be a tweener. Not physical enough for the 3rd line nor skilled enough for the 2nd. That said, at this stage I'd rather hold onto him than trade him. Sutter likes him, he's not hurting us really and he doesn't hold much value to be honest. Unless we dealt him in a previously discussed deal like him plus Muzzin for Paajarvi and a pick, or something like that where we get a guy back that can help us now, then let's just keep him and see if he really was a flash in the pan or there's more to him.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:33 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Dater thinks that Avalanche defenseman Shane O’Brien is on the trade block.

Would he be a good fit?
Only concern I'd have is he's signed past this season. I'd know if we'd be looking for someone inked for next year (and the year after that) right now. A rental seems to be the best option.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Omni Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post

Would he be a good fit?
No thanks, Denis Gauthier part 2 pylon edition.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

How would you guys feel about the Kings reacquiring Mike Weaver from Florida? The Panthers are likely to be sellers and he's signed to an affordable $1.1M cap hit. He's a workhorse, having appeared in all 82 games in the past two seasons and as I'm sure most of you remember of him, he's like a lighter, more compact version of Willie Mitchell, but he can pack quite the wallop with his hits.

Seeing how the Kings are lacking in RH defensemen on the roster right now (with Doughty and Voynov being the only two RH shots), I would think that Weaver would be an excellent third pairing option to go with Drewiske or Ellerby.

Some of Weaver's greatest hits:

Bullcrap penalty called there by a pansy official.

And he can scrap too:

It also helps that he was coached by Davis Payne when in St. Louis in 2009-10. I'd gladly trade Muzzin and a depth prospect or late pick to bring Weaver in.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

That sounds like a great move!

Old
02-24-2013, 10:08 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

I'd be ok with Weaver coming back, depending on the cost. That said, it's really just a stop gap thing which doesn't address the real need of a top four defenseman. We need to get at least one of Willie/Greene back or trade for an equivalent replacement. I think Weaver is a very smart player, but he's not replacing either of those guys.

If we got back Greene or Mitchell though and decided to trade Muzzin for a more steady vet, I'd be all over getting Weaver.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
In another team.
Yeah, let's give up on him after he's only played 48 regular season games.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:26 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I'd be ok with Weaver coming back, depending on the cost. That said, it's really just a stop gap thing which doesn't address the real need of a top four defenseman. We need to get at least one of Willie/Greene back or trade for an equivalent replacement. I think Weaver is a very smart player, but he's not replacing either of those guys.

If we got back Greene or Mitchell though and decided to trade Muzzin for a more steady vet, I'd be all over getting Weaver.
Weaver would more than replace Greene. In last years playoffs Florida wanted Weaver on the ice whenever Kovalchuk was on the ice. I know this is hard to believe but it is true.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

With Mitchell becoming more of a question mark with the passing weeks, who do you see as a potential replacement?

Old
02-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookKing View Post
Weaver would more than replace Greene. In last years playoffs Florida wanted Weaver on the ice whenever Kovalchuk was on the ice. I know this is hard to believe but it is true.
And how'd that work out for them ? YEAH I get what you're saying, BUT ... Weaver is NO replacement for Matt Greene, or what Greener brings to this Kings Team, including in the locker room and off the ice.

And I liked guys like Weaver and Harrold ... but come on, it's a case of not appreciating what you have until it's gone, sure Greene takes the occasional poor caveman penalty, but HE's the guy Darryl Sutter WON a STANLEY CUP with putting on the Ice against every other teams top Power Plays and that includes Kovalchuk too I might add.

Now you MIGHT argue though that we ALREADY got our GREENE type replacement though when we acquired Keaton Ellerby ? That would be a more comparable comparison IMO.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:49 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Can we be provided links to these games you are referenceing that seemingly no other fan has witnessed?

Though I haven't spoken much on King, I'd like to say I wanted him traded in the off-season and not Clifford last year. I've felt Clifford had the ability to produce on any line (outside of the 1st line) while King seems to definately be a tweener. Not physical enough for the 3rd line nor skilled enough for the 2nd. That said, at this stage I'd rather hold onto him than trade him. Sutter likes him, he's not hurting us really and he doesn't hold much value to be honest. Unless we dealt him in a previously discussed deal like him plus Muzzin for Paajarvi and a pick, or something like that where we get a guy back that can help us now, then let's just keep him and see if he really was a flash in the pan or there's more to him.
I dont keep links to stuff i see during games im not that technically advanced. I know he played a regualr shift with richards when he played 3rd line im guessing that was the chicago game He also took shifts with stoll in calagary and edmonton So my memory isnt good enuff to remember the times of the games.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:06 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
I dont keep links to stuff i see during games im not that technically advanced. I know he played a regualr shift with richards when he played 3rd line im guessing that was the chicago game He also took shifts with stoll in calagary and edmonton So my memory isnt good enuff to remember the times of the games.
http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/02/18/line-change/

http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/02/09...rt-february-9/

I haven't kept up with the whole argument, but if you're arguing about Nolan playing on the third line, he was there with Richards and King from the Detroit game through the Chicago game.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:12 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/02/18/line-change/

http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/02/09...rt-february-9/

I haven't kept up with the whole argument, but if you're arguing about Nolan playing on the third line, he was there with Richards and King from the Detroit game through the Chicago game.
ty chazz and yes this is the whole argument apparently i was the only one seeing nolan playing on the 3rd line Something i hope never to see again.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:13 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
ty chazz and yes this is the whole argument apparently i was the only one seeing nolan playing on the 3rd line Something i hope never to see again.
I'll disagree with you there. Nolan has tailed off a bit recently, but was one of the most consistent players as far as effort and physicality went for the first several weeks of the season. He deserved the promotion.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:18 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
And how'd that work out for them ? YEAH I get what you're saying, BUT ... Weaver is NO replacement for Matt Greene, or what Greener brings to this Kings Team, including in the locker room and off the ice.

And I liked guys like Weaver and Harrold ... but come on, it's a case of not appreciating what you have until it's gone, sure Greene takes the occasional poor caveman penalty, but HE's the guy Darryl Sutter WON a STANLEY CUP with putting on the Ice against every other teams top Power Plays and that includes Kovalchuk too I might add.

Now you MIGHT argue though that we ALREADY got our GREENE type replacement though when we acquired Keaton Ellerby ? That would be a more comparable comparison IMO.
The Panthers pushed the Devils to 7 games. I'd say that's a positive for a team that hadn't been in the playoffs for a very very long time. And Kovalchuk was limited to 3 goals in those 7 games.

Greene isn't here and won't be here for a quite some time (if at all this season). The Kings can't continue having such an inexperienced group of defenseman on the ice for a majority of this season. Ellerby and Muzzin in the regular rotation isn't going to cut it.

Weaver also averages slightly more than 20 mins of ice time per game the past couple seasons, that'll help immensely in getting Doughty and Scuderi back to playing their normal minutes rather than playing them into the ground.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:24 AM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
I always liked Weaver when he was with the Kings and would love for us to get him back as a playoff rental if Florida does become sellers...

Old
02-25-2013, 12:30 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I'll disagree with you there. Nolan has tailed off a bit recently, but was one of the most consistent players as far as effort and physicality went for the first several weeks of the season. He deserved the promotion.
well your opinion is fine with me but i would want someone with more offensive upside on that 3rd line. We need someone to play on that line that can score now and then not just provide a phyical threat . Nolan to me is a 4th line player. This is my basic argument i guess i'm alone in it.

Closed Thread