HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Speculation: Perez or Kostitsyn being moved

Old
07-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Speculation: Perez or Kostitsyn being moved

As we know now.. we dont have very much room for all our prospects. I dont know how long Gainey wants to keep Kostitsyn in the minors and now Perezhogin has a 1 way contract. IMO Perezhogin has higher value than Kostitsyn right now, so maybe he could be moved along with something else to acquire some quality defencemen. Although this is only speculation and i doubt Gainey can acquire any other defenceman unless he trades Souray. Considering Markov, Rivet and Souray are going to be UFA's and how d-men are reaching higher contracts, i expect Souray and Markov to get raises. I dont mind leaving Kostitsyn in the minors with Grabovsky, and maybe its for the best.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 11:09 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik View Post
As we know now.. we dont have very much room for all our prospects. I dont know how long Gainey wants to keep Kostitsyn in the minors and now Perezhogin has a 1 way contract. IMO Perezhogin has higher value than Kostitsyn right now, so maybe he could be moved along with something else to acquire some quality defencemen. Although this is only speculation and i doubt Gainey can acquire any other defenceman unless he trades Souray. Considering Markov, Rivet and Souray are going to be UFA's and how d-men are reaching higher contracts, i expect Souray and Markov to get raises. I dont mind leaving Kostitsyn in the minors with Grabovsky, and maybe its for the best.
He doesn't have the value that say, a Brendl did. That means we would just be dumping him. Makes no sense. The kid is skilled and he'll be given every chance.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 11:16 AM
furax

Send a message via ICQ to furax
Perezhogin wasn't even in the line-up at beginning of last season... zednik got injured in the first game against boston... which free up a spot for him...

I'm sure that both kost and perez will be with the team at the beginning of the season... kost might return to Hamilton afterward if he don't get much time to play...

furax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Grabovski is going to the Bulldogs and maybe Gainey wants Kosty there to create a little comfort for Grabovski. Coming to North America is a big step and having a friend right away would help. Its not like he can't be called up anyway. One year won't hurt IMO.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Habs13

Why would Gainey dump his top prospects when they'e just about to crack the NHL line-up? Makes no sense to me.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 11:40 AM
madvie
female habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watzatheo View Post
Grabovski is going to the Bulldogs and maybe Gainey wants Kosty there to create a little comfort for Grabovski. Coming to North America is a big step and having a friend right away would help. Its not like he can't be called up anyway. One year won't hurt IMO.
I agree. Having a familiar face with him on the Bulldogs will help.

As for the Perezhogin rumours, why would he do that? The kids going to be great and he showed it (in the playoffs, after Koivu went down, IMO, Perez's line was the best).

madvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 11:49 AM
AlexeiKovalev27

Mad , maybe because he didn't do like a lot of us expected. I appreciated Perezhogin a lot but seeing Kostitsyn play in the big club for some games made me drooooll. If I had to chose, heartbreaking decision for me but I'd take Kostitsyn

AlexeiKovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Habsy

Ignoring the sheer nonsense of trading away youth, why would you do so for a defenseman when our clear need is a top center. If we are able to get a center even better than Koivu so that the Koivu line would be our #2 line, then you trade a prospect. Unless you have a Datsyuk or a Lecavalier coming back the other way, you do not trade your future.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 11:53 AM
Pascal

There's no way Gainey is gonna trade our top prospects.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 11:53 AM
NewHabsEra*

If one has to be moved, its Ryder, no way Gainey trade one of our most skilled youngster!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 12:02 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

You can never know what someone will do, Bob Gainey once upon a time traded Jarome Iginla.

Old
07-16-2006, 12:08 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
If one has to be moved, its Ryder, no way Gainey trade one of our most skilled youngster!
Thats a bit of a contradiction, Ryder is one of our most skilled youngsters!

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 12:09 PM
kostitsyn1489

I don't think it's the right move to do. If both have their place in the line-up and another player deserve it too. Gainey will trade another player like Bonk, Ryder Ribeiro or something like that. He'll not trade one of our best offensive prospect.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 12:10 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
You can never know what someone will do, Bob Gainey once upon a time traded Jarome Iginla.
And that deal specifically was adhered as being the trade that gave Dallas what it needed to win the cup, and lose the repeat chance in the finals...
Jerome Iginla < Stanley Cup

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 12:11 PM
goalchenyuk

Gainey isn't going to move exepted if he receives an offer he can't refuses . That 's what he said already .

About the player to complete the Habs roster , we are looking for a top prospect as Kosty , Latendresse or Chipchu , but i wouldn't be surprise if the one to stay is more a role player ; is Ferland has to be waive if he returns to the AHL ? i doubt that they are going to take the chance to loose a player , after the recent story of Hainsey and Beauchemin .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Archijerej

Not against trading either of them i we can get a good value back. But I can't understand why so many of us thinks that Kostsitsyn has a God given right to have a spot in the lineup and managment should do everything to please him and his fans. He has not proven anything, even on the AHL level. Yes, he improved since he came over to NA but still does not look like a future star player he was projected to be and he's closer to being a bust than being a contributor in the NHL. Nothing against the kid, as much as you I hope he'll develop well and will be a star on this team, but he has to earn his spot and the best way to do it is to lead Hamilton offensively next year while improving weekneses of his game. Trading
Perezhogin to make a spot for Kostsitsyn is a crazy idea. Alexander proved himself on every level he played, had a decent rookie year and improved as the season progressed. It seems to me that he's a victim of unrealistic expectations. I never thought he'll be a star after seeing him in the RSL, but he'll be a solid offensive player. It's a little bit unfair that you created an insane hype and now want his head because your next puppy is awaiting.

Archijerej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 12:15 PM
madvie
female habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexeiKovalev27 View Post
Mad , maybe because he didn't do like a lot of us expected. I appreciated Perezhogin a lot but seeing Kostitsyn play in the big club for some games made me drooooll. If I had to chose, heartbreaking decision for me but I'd take Kostitsyn
I like Kostitsyn too, and if a prospect is going to make the big club this coming season, it'll probably be him...but I'd rather Perezhogin wasn't traded away to let that happen.

Maybe I'm just being selfish in wanting all our prospects to remain with the organization...

madvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 12:29 PM
larue*

Quote:
Yeah and what did that get him. One controversial stanley cup. Could you imagine what might be happening in Dallas right now if Iginla was still there.

larue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

The two guys im expecting to get full time duty if they do are lapierre and chipchura

Old
07-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v View Post
Gainey isn't going to move exepted if he receives an offer he can't refuses . That 's what he said already .

About the player to complete the Habs roster , we are looking for a top prospect as Kosty , Latendresse or Chipchu , but i wouldn't be surprise if the one to stay is more a role player ; is Ferland has to be waive if he returns to the AHL ? i doubt that they are going to take the chance to loose a player , after the recent story of Hainsey and Beauchemin .
I agree. The Habs are going to be very careful about what they do with these two youngsters. But Gainey's not stupid. If someone offers a Kovalchuk for or a Lecavalier for one of these guys, wo in their right mind would refuse? (By the way, I know this would never happen)

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Habsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by larue View Post
Yeah and what did that get him. One controversial stanley cup. Could you imagine what might be happening in Dallas right now if Iginla was still there.
Last time I checked, they didn't put asteriks on the Cup. 1999 Dallas Stars.

A cup is a cup. I would trade any single one of our players if it meant winning the cup this or next year. Any one.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 12:36 PM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
Last time I checked, they didn't put asteriks on the Cup. 1999 Dallas Stars.

A cup is a cup. I would trade any single one of our players if it meant winning the cup this or next year. Any one.
Well there should be an asterick beside it. Trading prospects for players doesnt mean you are going to win the cup. I would rather keep my youth and let them win the cup for me then trade them away. ie. Iginla

larue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 12:40 PM
hockey_nut

i don't expect it to happen...

both gainey and carbo have said however plays well enough to deserve a roster spot will get a roster spot... that simple

i expect both perez and kost to battle it out hard and both to crack the lineup

hockey_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 12:47 PM
bayrider

The club did so much for Kosty to bring him over here, treat his condition and give him a shot. No way Gainey gives up on him... and if he wasn't so high on Andrei, he wouldnt have drafted Sergei either.

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by larue View Post
Well there should be an asterick beside it.
no there shouldn't be.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote