HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

February 24th, 2013: Bruins @ Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Is Bjustad ready to step in next season? What top end UFA's are out there? We need a true star forward and a good dman on this team ASAP. The money we have tied up in Kuba-Jovanovski could fetch us a 7M$ DMAN! God dammit!

Old
02-24-2013, 04:31 PM
GernBlanston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
Honestly as much as a blabber mouth that Billy is, he really knows his hockey. He's not that articulate but he always calls it like it is and hits the nail on the head most times. He's a good color guy and I find myself repeating or saying what he says all the time.
I agree. I know he takes a lot of crap here, but I like the guy. And his completely made-up words make me laugh. What more do you need?

Old
02-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Honestly as much as a blabber mouth that Billy is, he really knows his hockey. He's not that articulate but he always calls it like it is and hits the nail on the head most times. He's a good color guy and I find myself repeating or saying what he says all the time.
Agreed, but he is a dumbass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThugsNHarmony View Post
OH MY GAWD! Did some say that? Pinch me I'm dreaming. Only been calling for his trade for years now!
It's time, he's been horrible.

PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Hope Viner has been doing well in the stock market he needs to spend about another 20 million on this team.

Old
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Without trying to sound like a homer, we have some of the best commentators in hockey, and the most underrated by far.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:33 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by GernBlanston View Post
It's weird, but I was not nearly as annoyed after losing to the Pens the other night. The Bruins are - arguably - as good as the Pens... but aside from some flashes of solid play in the first, I just didn't see much in this game to give me any hope.

So what... 2 weeks before we see our first trade?
I can't imagine Tallom waits two more weeks to do something.

I don't know if it'll be anything crazy but I can't see how Tallon would want to keep Weiss unless he signs for like $2 million/year. I don't know what we could get for him but I think it's time to cut our losses.

Could it be he lost his heart for the Panthers after not being named captain?

Old
02-24-2013, 04:33 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Is Bjustad ready to step in next season? What top end UFA's are out there? We need a true star forward and a good dman on this team ASAP. The money we have tied up in Kuba-Jovanovski could fetch us a 7M$ DMAN! God dammit!
Bjugstad is NHL ready, imo, but he's not going to take on a top line role. He would probably be better off playing in the AHL for a bit. We should know during training camp where he really stands.

We're not signing a $7M forward or d-man, come on Mogo, you know that as well as anyone

Old
02-24-2013, 04:34 PM
jakethesnake23

Quote:
No doubt about it. I like to quote on these boards some of the ridiculous things he says, buts its all in good fun and coz i like him. He is a smart hockey guy.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:37 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GernBlanston View Post
I agree. I know he takes a lot of crap here, but I like the guy. And his completely made-up words make me laugh. What more do you need?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
No doubt about it. I like to quote on these boards some of the ridiculous things he says, buts its all in good fun and coz i like him. He is a smart hockey guy.
Totally. I love his made up words.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Haj

vCash: 50
Whats going on with Weiss ?

Is he playing hurt ?

Did a woman break his heart ?

If he were Russian, he would have been traded by now

Old
02-24-2013, 04:39 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Totally. I love his made up words.
He's had his share of hits to the head in his career

Old
02-24-2013, 04:40 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

At this point should we just scratch Weiss and give Kovalev his top 6 spot? I swear he's at least a little better at contributing offensively.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:41 PM
catEye
Oh No! We suck again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Say what you want about Weiss, but his figure skating is definitely worth a pick at least.
Counting the days he can finally get the **** outta my team. I've been wishing every freaking GM under him to get rid of his overrated a$$. He's the final piece of the looser era I want to get rid of.

Last edited by catEye: 02-24-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old
02-24-2013, 04:49 PM
Erick

Quote:
At this point should we just scratch Weiss and give Kovalev his top 6 spot? I swear he's at least a little better at contributing offensively.
Kovalev has actually been better than Weiss, which is embarrassing because Kovalev is terrible.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:52 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
Weiss has got to go.
I'm beginning to agree with this sentiment. He just looks completely disinterested out there. It's unfortunate, but if he can't get it together and start producing, he really serves little purpose. With his play this year, it's not even like his absence would affect our scoring a whole hell of a lot. If he is playing hurt, he needs to stay out until he's healthy.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Beezeral

Seems like everything is going against us.

Consistently on the short side of officiating.

Fluke goals are going against us nightly, and I can't think of more that a couple we have scored all season.

Just can't catch a break.
At this point, just hope for no career threatening injuries and start looking towards the future. I wouldn't blow it up, because the core is solid, but it may be time to say goodbye to guys like Goc, Weaver, kuba (if anyone will take him) and maybe even Weiss.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Dineen on dropping Weiss from first to fourth: "That was to do myself a favor. …I think for the last year and a half, I look down if we're a man short or on the power play hatever I needed, I'm always looking at that number. That made it much easier for me to have him sitting and not part of the equation with the quality of hockey he is playing right now.

Dineen is obviously pissed!!! Tallon should be as well and pull the trigger. Trade him and give us the 1st overall pick

Old
02-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Benched

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Seems like everything is going against us.

Consistently on the short side of officiating.

Fluke goals are going against us nightly, and I can't think of more that a couple we have scored all season.

Just can't catch a break.
At this point, just hope for no career threatening injuries and start looking towards the future. I wouldn't blow it up, because the core is solid, but it may be time to say goodbye to guys like Goc, Weaver, kuba (if anyone will take him) and maybe even Weiss.
Why Goc? Goc has been one of our best players this year. He wins faceoffs, hustles, makes good passes, plays both ways, and does all the little things a player should do. He's our most underrated player by far.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:11 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Why Goc? Goc has been one of our best players this year. He wins faceoffs, hustles, makes good passes, plays both ways, and does all the little things a player should do. He's our most underrated player by far.
Weaver get's bashed around a lot too. He's actually been our best dman the last 10 games. I don't even wanna look at our team scoring but he might actually even lead our dmen in points too

Old
02-24-2013, 05:15 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Just like the Pens game the other night, I feel like I can't be mad about this loss. We are just not a good team and we lost to two of the best in the league. Goldie said it best towards the end. When a 19 and 20 year old are two of the players giving this team the most impact and effort, you're not going to win games. I think it was his nice way of calling out the guys (i.e. mostly Weiss) whom are a huge reason of where we are at 5-9-4 at the moment.

I'm as big of a Weiss fan as any Panthers fan, but yes sadly I'm at the point where I believe he has to go asap. It's about freaking time that Dineen called him out and benched him throughout most of the 3rd period when he was given the chance to play on the top line earlier. Even if a momentum swing happens after this game, it's just too little, too late. We're pretty much going to have to win 75% of the games remaining to realistically think about playoffs. This season is going to go down as a dark one, but at least it's a transition one and knows where we stand to improve in with the bright future that we hope to have.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:17 PM
p9ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
This season is going to go down as a dark one, but at least it's a transition one and knows where we stand to improve in with the bright future that we hope to have.
We've been used to those, just business as usual.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Benched

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Weaver get's bashed around a lot too. He's actually been our best dman the last 10 games. I don't even wanna look at our team scoring but he might actually even lead our dmen in points too
He had a few bad plays in the Leafs game but he hasn't been terrible. At least he hits people.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:22 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Goc has value and he's not a core player. He can be replaced.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:25 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Can anyone sum up the game for me in a nutshell?

Missed everything except for the empty netter there getting home from work.

I was surprised to see Markstrom in net, did he do okay despite the loss?

Not looking forward to the rematch with the Penguins.
It was a pathetic game to attend. The boys played one good period, but once the puck didnt bounce our way, ugh. No pushback at all.

Markstrom played very solid, except on Charas goal might have been able to stop that one...might have been taken by surprise to see a player his height.

The theme of the game was clearly Weiss. Hes jaybloing on us. Its very sad to watch. Hardly saw him 3rd per. His time is short here.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:27 PM
p9ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Goc has value and he's not a core player. He can be replaced.
It's a question of knowing if the value we can get from him is higher than the drop off of his replacement.

Closed Thread