HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXV

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 11:41 AM
WhiteLight*

vCash: 500
Hjalmarsson and Oduya have been one of if not the best defensive pair in the league this year. No I'm not kidding

Old
02-24-2013, 11:42 AM
Ohhh Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarknerCountry View Post
Would you all do the Smith for Hammer deal today? With the emergence of Zibby maybe its possible..Zibby is better at C.

Next year Spezza,Turris,Zibby down the middle would be sweet.
Nope, Smith is one of those character guys who still has a bit of maturing/figuring out to do, but will be real valuable when he puts it all together. He's only 24 and is signed to a very reasonable contract. He's a keeper and in my opinion, part of the core.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:50 AM
wilfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
There are so many bodies on D, and now we're talking about adding more.

LD = Cowen, Methot, Wiercioch, Phillips, Borowiecki.
that's a huge problem. Even if one goes RD, that's still one too many.

Benoit could be the 7th guy.

Gryba and Karlsson on the right.

8 bodies for 7 spots and now we're talking about Streit. Who goes?

edit-I guess it's Streit or Benoit. Both of them in the lineup at the same time is a no no.
what about a deal with the Jets they have too many RH d-man

Old
02-24-2013, 11:50 AM
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I would still trade Zibanejad for ROR if only because ROR still has upside and is already much better than Zibanejad. With that said I've always maintained that we don't need to make the trade. It's not a necessity and Zibanejad has special tools -- the question has always been with whether or not he has the IQ to make it where he can be a special player. Jury is still out.
You make it sound like Zibanejad has reached his ceiling.. ROR has probably maxed out at his ceiling. A two way 50/60 point player. No body else sees him surpassing that. The potential for Zibanejad is much higher than that. ROR has two years on Zibanejad too, so its a bit off base to make the comment that one is further along than the other. And in regards to hockey IQ, did you not watch the game last night? or any Sens games since he's been called up? He drives to the right areas on offense, he back checks hard and plays a sound defensive game. I don't see how you can even argue hockey IQ any more with Zibanejad. He's a rookie, he's progressing well. To me he is untouchable right now.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:23 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront View Post
You make it sound like Zibanejad has reached his ceiling.. ROR has probably maxed out at his ceiling. A two way 50/60 point player. No body else sees him surpassing that. The potential for Zibanejad is much higher than that. ROR has two years on Zibanejad too, so its a bit off base to make the comment that one is further along than the other. And in regards to hockey IQ, did you not watch the game last night? or any Sens games since he's been called up? He drives to the right areas on offense, he back checks hard and plays a sound defensive game. I don't see how you can even argue hockey IQ any more with Zibanejad. He's a rookie, he's progressing well. To me he is untouchable right now.
I've never said that Zibanejad didn't have the tools and the potential to be a star player for us. In fact I've always thought that. I've always had concerns with him being able to reach that potential and of course people are going to be high on him after how he's played the last two games, but...yeah, baby steps.

However, not many players in the league scored more than 65 points last year, and even fewer had selke calibre defence to go with it. When you consider that ROR is only 22 why has he already hit his ceiling? How much better than a 60 point selke calibre player do you think Zibanejad is going to be?

Personally I see Zibanejad becoming a 25 - 30 goal player that puts up 60 - 70 points with good defence and provides energy through some physicality and speed. He's got great tools and has potential to be a good if not great top 6er...but a 55 - 60 point selke centre still has more value than that IMO.

That said, as always we don't have to make that trade. It doesn't hurt us to keep Zibanejad precisely because of his potential. I just think that in the short term and in the future it makes us a bit stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Nope, Smith is one of those character guys who still has a bit of maturing/figuring out to do, but will be real valuable when he puts it all together. He's only 24 and is signed to a very reasonable contract. He's a keeper and in my opinion, part of the core.
I also like Smith. The value is there (Hammer for Smith) but I really like Smith on this team and I think that moving him wouldn't make us better right now with our defensive depth and in the future we have more coming along so I don't see a trade there.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Would you all do the Smith for Hammer deal today? With the emergence of Zibby maybe its possible..Zibby is better at C.

Next year Spezza,Turris,Zibby down the middle would be sweet.
Next year Spezza,Turris, Zibby,and Smith down the middle would be sweeter.

Also have to believe the plan to convert Zibby to left wing hasn't ended.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:41 PM
Iamok
#Panic

I'd say Smith's defensive play this season has really been underrated, mostly because his lack of offence is overshadowing it.

Plus, with Methot, I really don't think Hammer is what we need.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Benjamin
Shadilay

vCash: 50
Smith is part of the core. Hes more needed than Hjarlmsson, especially with how great the depth dmen have stepped up.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:55 PM
DJB

vCash: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post
I really like the idea of adding Mark Streit next year if Gonchar leaves us as expected.
Rumours are they Isles are talking contract extension with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
I think Murray should take a look at Blake Wheeler RFA seasons end

Greening Zibanejad Wheeler could be very scary SIZE SKILL SPEED
Not really a Murray guy. Dude has absolutely no drive and heart.

Quote:
Been hearing about the Hawks and Sens since the off season..Do we make good trading partners?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...5#.USpJpzcupqo
That writer notoriously makes up crap.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Vaclav Varada
CoJo

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaclav Varada
Anyone else follow '**************' on twitter? Says we've offered Zibby and Z.Smith to the Avs for ROR.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Anyone else follow '**************' on twitter? Says we've offered Zibby and Z.Smith to the Avs for ROR.
If the source you listed is blocked out with stars, doesn't that mean that that source notoriously lack credibility ?

Old
02-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Vaclav Varada
CoJo

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaclav Varada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
If the source you listed is blocked out with stars, doesn't that mean that that source notoriously lack credibility ?
He's been right lately. Called the Kulikov re-signing days before. He's not McKenzie or anything, but he aint bad.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Quote:
Not sure how I feel about this.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:34 PM
HavlatMach9
streamable 3rah1

ROR is available in the sense that Colorado gets a superb offer. There's probably no way to avoid giving up key players.

I don't mind losing a deal, as long as we have the right players. Hopefully ROR is one of those players.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:35 PM
jordan7hm

Quote:
I doubt we have, but I love it.

ROR is a legit second / third line center in the mold of a Jordan Staal or Brandon Sutter. Incredible defense, but good enough to put up offensive numbers too. He is the best player in that hypothetical trade, both now and going forward (I don't think Zibby can think the game well enough to ever really be a star player).

Old
02-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

You should post the whole thing though...supposedly Ottawa offered Zibanejad and Smith, which is a reasonable offer both ways. Colorado countered asking that Silfverberg replace one of them (obviously Zibanejad in this situation) AND add our 1st.

Our offer: Ottawa gets Ryan O'Reilly for Zibanejad and Smith
Colorado's counter offer: Ottawa gets Ryan O'Reilly for Silfverberg, Smith and 1st 2013

If this is remotely true Colorado is out to lunch.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

smith and zbad eh?
yikes...

all the guys are playing so hard right now, makes it difficult to be objective. other guys might be better but i just like 'our guys', team seem so tight.

tough call, especailly for me since i cant say ive seen O'reilly( or at least focused on him in any of our games), O'Reilly better be all that or its not going to be pleasant for him here if this happens.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
You should post the whole thing though...supposedly Ottawa offered Zibanejad and Smith, which is a reasonable offer both ways. Colorado countered asking that Silfverberg replace one of them (obviously Zibanejad in this situation) AND add our 1st.

Our offer: Ottawa gets Ryan O'Reilly for Zibanejad and Smith
Colorado's counter offer: Ottawa gets Ryan O'Reilly for Silfverberg, Smith and 1st 2013

If this is remotely true Colorado is out to lunch.
lol, yeah that wont ever happen. i woudnt trade silfverberg straight up. zibby might end up as good as silf in his own way but i think silf is the surer bet to be great.
a 1st too...lol

Old
02-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Midas0
Only the best Scouts

Silf, Smith, and 2013 1st round pick for Ryan O'Reilly... No thanks!

Zibanejad and Smith for ROR? Even then, I'm not entirely sold. ROR is a pretty good player but I'm not convinced he will be a star by any stretch of the imagination. I'd rather hold out and see what Zibby can develop into? And Smith is a pretty good 3rd/4th line centre.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:54 PM
armani
Guy Likes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Silfverberg View Post
Silf, Smith, and 2013 1st round pick for Ryan O'Reilly... No thanks!

Zibanejad and Smith for ROR? Even then, I'm not entirely sold. ROR is a pretty good player but I'm not convinced he will be a star by any stretch of the imagination. I'd rather hold out and see what Zibby can develop into? And Smith is a pretty good 3rd/4th line centre.
Agreed.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

I'd rather let the opportunity go if I'm honest...

Old
02-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Nizzy

Not for Ryan O'reilly lol

Colorado wants that type of return Murray should ask for Matt Duchene

Old
02-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
http://deadspin.com/5934256/*******-...7+year+old-kid

He is a 17 year old kid.

Following him is a waste of time.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:27 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

ooh wow lol

Old
02-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Even though he's a UFA... there hasn't been much talk of a guy like Valterri Filppula He's the type of player i'd love the Sens to target. Not sure what his availability is though and what the Wings plan to do with him.

Closed Thread