HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo - Pittsburgh

Old
02-24-2013, 02:34 PM
leafspensfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nEaLB4ZoD View Post
That would be a very good deal with Matta added, and I would do that. Although Pominville has a year left on his contract after this season, and if he is available which he should be, there are going to be a lot of teams looking to land him. Very good two way player that could fit in on almost and first or second line in the league. He is also pretty consistent and has scored some big playoff goals.

If Pittsburgh were to land Pommers you could have Kunitz Crosby Pominville as your first line, and Neal Malkin Dupuis as your second. That would be sick and barring injury, hard to contend with in the playoffs.
Exactly why we want him, we need someone like him on our team. If that is indeed what it took to get the deal done, I wouldn't be happy giving up Maata, but I'd do it if it was the clinching factor.

leafspensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:12 PM
SoFFacet

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
Prospects? Yes.
Roster d-men. Maybe if we get another player back.

How bout this.

To Pittsburgh:
Pominville
Foligno
Mark Mancari

To Buffalo:
1st round pick
3rd round pick
Tyler Kennedy
Matt Niskanen

Fair?
Poms could get nearly all of that by himself, Foligno is way too much to add and we shouldn't be very interested in Nisk or your 3rd anyways. Earlier a Pens fan offered Poms for TK + Maatta + 1st and that was approaching fair. Buffalo should compare to offers from other teams, though.

SoFFacet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:16 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post
Poms could get nearly all of that by himself, Foligno is way too much to add and we shouldn't be very interested in Nisk or your 3rd anyways. Earlier a Pens fan offered Poms for TK + Maatta + 1st and that was approaching fair. Buffalo should compare to offers from other teams, though.
I am 90% sure, that that's what the Pens would prefer over giving up a current top4 D as well. Maatta+ 1st and TK as the roster player to go.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Havok89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
I am 90% sure, that that's what the Pens would prefer over giving up a current top4 D as well. Maatta+ 1st and TK as the roster player to go.
That's a good offer from Pittsburgh, and Pominville would be great on Sid's wing. I'd like to see offers from other teams first though, Pommer is one of the better RW'ers in the game and should get a lot of interest come trade deadline.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 06:15 PM
CraniumCram
Bring back BJS

With a year left on his deal, Pomminville would probably cost a good or great prospect, a roster player and a pick. He is our Captain and the best Two-way forward on our team, 70-pt guy and solid defensively. I think a contender like Pitt would pay definitely pay that.

Maata + TK + 1st is probably the very best we could get from Pitt, and its good value I think.

I would definitely like to see offers from other teams though. I could see Vancouver or San Jose making a move for him as well.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 06:24 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
I'm sorry and understand Pens fans might not want to include him, but if we're trading Pominville I still think Bennett has to be coming back in the package. Pominville's not going to be a "rental". He's signed for next season and like it's been said, all you have to do is look at the numbers and add on everything he does off the score sheet to conclude he's a star winger. You have to give to get and you aren't going to get a player of Pominville's caliber if you aren't willing to give us one of your better prospects (in this case forward prospects) in the deal.

Like I said, Bennett almost has to be included. Buffalo has much more of a need for forward (specifically winger) prospects than defense prospects. If we're not getting Bennett then the only other player I'd take in this type of deal instead is Despres. Again, Morrow, Maatta, and Pouliot are really nice prospects but Buffalo's stronger in the prospect pool on defense.

Bennett + Niskanen + first is my asking price.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Killswitch7187
Winter is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
I'm sorry and understand Pens fans might not want to include him, but if we're trading Pominville I still think Bennett has to be coming back in the package. Pominville's not going to be a "rental". He's signed for next season and like it's been said, all you have to do is look at the numbers and add on everything he does off the score sheet to conclude he's a star winger. You have to give to get and you aren't going to get a player of Pominville's caliber if you aren't willing to give us one of your better prospects (in this case forward prospects) in the deal.

Like I said, Bennett almost has to be included. Buffalo has much more of a need for forward (specifically winger) prospects than defense prospects. If we're not getting Bennett then the only other player I'd take in this type of deal instead is Despres. Again, Morrow, Maatta, and Pouliot are really nice prospects but Buffalo's stronger in the prospect pool on defense.

Considering Bennett is practically our only wing prospect, I don't see it happening. However, I definitely don't mind trading Despres in a deal for Pominville. Though I'm probably in the minority with this assessment among my own fanbase. Yes, he's been good this year, but quite frankly Niskanen is better for the top-4 right NOW. Buffalo could use a guy like Despres who doesn't have to wait to play NHL games on your blueline.

With that said, I doubt we trade two roster defenseman. So here's my counter offer with Despres included:

Despres, 2013 1st, Blueger for Pominville

Killswitch7187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 06:37 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch7187 View Post
Considering Bennett is practically our only wing prospect, I don't see it happening. However, I definitely don't mind trading Despres in a deal for Pominville. Though I'm probably in the minority with this assessment among my own fanbase. Yes, he's been good this year, but quite frankly Niskanen is better for the top-4 right NOW. Buffalo could use a guy like Despres who doesn't have to wait to play NHL games on your blueline.

With that said, I doubt we trade two roster defenseman. So here's my counter offer with Despres included:

Despres, 2013 1st, Blueger for Pominville
Buffalo's already carrying 8 d-men. Just give us Maatta.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Killswitch7187
Winter is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Well, if you prefer Maatta over Despres be my guest haha. Just under the assumption Buffalo could use a young guy who can play on the blue line now rather than in say 3-4 years like Maatta/Pouliot/etc. Maatta could easily replace Despres in the deal from the Pittsburgh POV. The other option would be include Tyler Kennedy for one of the depth defenseman so it voids the logjam (F for PIT, D for BUF) for both teams acquiring of Pominville/Despres.

Old
02-24-2013, 06:54 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch7187 View Post
Well, if you prefer Maatta over Despres be my guest haha. Just under the assumption Buffalo could use a young guy who can play on the blue line now rather than in say 3-4 years like Maatta/Pouliot/etc. Maatta could easily replace Despres in the deal from the Pittsburgh POV. The other option would be include Tyler Kennedy for one of the depth defenseman so it voids the logjam (F for PIT, D for BUF) for both teams acquiring of Pominville/Despres.
Sure. So like:
Pominville + Brennan/Sulzer/Leopold/Regehr (deal varies slightly depending on which, I guess, since Leo and Regehr probably have some value to a contender)

for

Despres + TK + 1st
?

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Killswitch7187
Winter is here

Quote:
Sure. So like:
Pominville + Brennan/Sulzer/Leopold/Regehr (deal varies slightly depending on which, I guess, since Leo and Regehr probably have some value to a contender)

for

Despres + TK + 1st
?
Can be any of those names, to be honest. We'd be fine with a Engelland/Bortuzzo bottom-pairing. Regehr is interesting, but definitely would cost us more so I'm fine with taking Sulzner as our 7th. The main concern is still getting a long-term solution to wing, so wouldn't be upset with this part of the deal at all.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Zbynek

To

Pominville
Regehr
B level prospect

To

Niskanen
Kennedy
Maata
2nd round pick

Zbynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:21 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:

This just gets the same answer from me, as asking for Bennett always gets: it may not be unreasonable, but if that's the dealbreaker, than it is the dealbreaker.

As for Despres, I am with Killswitch on that. Not completely averse to trading him, but not together with Nisky. Despres + 1st + TK is the ceiling then.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:23 PM
CaptPantalones

If Buffalo was to consider this, I think Maata would be a guarantee start. They were high on him in the draft before going with Girgensons

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Havok89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbynek View Post
To

Pominville
Regehr
B level prospect

To

Niskanen
Kennedy
Maata
2nd round pick
No chance Buffalo doesn't get a first rounder, especially if it's from Pittsburgh.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:53 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
It doesn't matter. Why do you want a defense prospect who isn't NHL-ready? Look to next season. All three of Regehr, Leopold, and Sulzer might not be here. That leaves us with Myers, Ehrhoff, Brennan, Sekera, and Weber barring any acquisitions. Our defense has been atrocious with the three upcoming UFAs. Take them out look what we have going into the offseason for NHL defensemen. Even worse. Despres is NHL-ready and isn't a prospect anymore arguably. He'd be able to come in here from day one and occupy one of the top-four spots. Buffalo will need help on defense for next season, not another prospect we'll have to wait on to add to McNabb, Pysyk, McCabe, Gauthier-Leduc, etc. who won't be NHL-ready.

Bennett + Niskanen + first or Despres + Kennedy + first is fair for me.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It doesn't matter. Why do you want a defense prospect who isn't NHL-ready? Look to next season. All three of Regehr, Leopold, and Sulzer might not be here. That leaves us with Myers, Ehrhoff, Brennan, Sekera, and Weber barring any acquisitions. Our defense has been atrocious with the three upcoming UFAs. Take them out look what we have going into the offseason for NHL defensemen. Even worse. Despres is NHL-ready and isn't a prospect anymore arguably. He'd be able to come in here from day one and occupy one of the top-four spots. Buffalo will need help on defense for next season, not another prospect we'll have to wait on to add to McNabb, Pysyk, McCabe, Gauthier-Leduc, etc. who won't be NHL-ready.

Thats too much coming to us.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:17 PM
Sideline

Quote:

Niskanen is vastly more valuable than Kennedy. I would say Bennett/Despres is a wash value wise.

Sideline is online now   Reply With Quote