HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers/Canadiens 2/23/2013

Old
02-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
So you're saying you wouldn't have done the Nash trade? If the Rangers could go back in time, they'd do that trade again. You wouldn't have done that trade, but throwing in McDonagh is the Gomez trade wasn't bad?
I doubt we'd be saying the same thing in a few years.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 05:27 PM
RC51

I come in peace.
you think it's bad now? think if you had not had the GIFT of RMaC from the Habs, that the Rangers still Gomez and the total hurt he put on the Habs in the last years.
If the Habs can go from last to first in one year you can do it too.
no more crazy coach, no more prima donna players. Don't sell players like Prust short, every team needs them. never sell off your draft picks.
get a real top end guy scout that can pick sure fire talent.
Protect your young players from the evil of MONEY AND "GIRLS" AND VICE. They need a father figure to bunk with and the keep them on the right path. Hire a PRO head shrinker to help those that are down on themselves.
All you need to do is stop 1 goal per game or score 1 extra goal per game. It's that close from 15th to 1st.
The Habs have NO superstars. They WERE BAD last year.
Don't like what I say? then YOU explain this years Habs.........

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Can we give the season more than 17 games before declaring the Habs Stanley Cup Champions? Thanks.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 05:45 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I come in peace.
you think it's bad now? think if you had not had the GIFT of RMaC from the Habs, that the Rangers still Gomez and the total hurt he put on the Habs in the last years.
no more crazy coach, no more prima donna players. Don't sell players like Prust short, every team needs them. never sell off your draft picks.
Protect your young players from the evil of MONEY AND "GIRLS" AND VICE. They need a father figure to bunk with and the keep them on the right path. Hire a PRO head shrinker to help those that are down on themselves.
All you need to do is stop 1 goal per game or score 1 extra goal per game. It's that close from 15th to 1st.
Geee thanks for the pep talk...

Wtf

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Maaxse

Quote:
Protect your young players from the evil of MONEY AND "GIRLS" AND VICE. They need a father figure to bunk with and the keep them on the right path.
Are you a rabbi?

Maaxse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 05:49 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
Premeditated in the sense that Paccidouchebag saw that he had someone who had hit him previously in a vulnerable position and cheap-shotted him, yes. I doubt he went through the whole rangers are already short on defensemen maybe I can injure one thought process. Still scummy though, and hypocritical of the fanbase to defend him considering they have asked for legal action on a perfectly legal hit in the past.
Your reasoning is quite possible. And while I thought it was a borderline dirty hit, I would probably lean towards dirty. Throw in the result and it's an issue for the league to review.

By the way, if McDonagh cheap shotted him first then it is hard to get too crazed about it. After all, many here are always screaming for retaliation for cheap shots. I didn't know McDonagh cheap shotted Pac first.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Krams
what a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maaxse View Post
We have an easy week coming in. Winnipeg, Tampa and Buffalo are going to be wins with a good amount of GF. If we bag in 5 out of 6*, the team is going to feel safer.

*I believe we will do this at worst.
Have you seen our lineup? Must I post the defensive pairings? Sans Nash, McDonagh, Girardi, and MDZ, we're the worst team in the league. Hands down.

Krams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Geee thanks for the pep talk...

Wtf
Random rant is random. Not sure what the point of that was.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
I come in peace.
Easy... It's a shortened season and you guys got off to a good start. Anaheim, same story. And you only had 2 games on the road so far. 2/3 of your season has been played at home at this moment. We'll talk once you've played more games on the road. The Hawks have a great season, the Penguins with their lottery picks have a great season so far, even Tampa, who missed the play offs last year.

Also, last year when we had 1/3 of the season behind us, Minnesota was leading the Western Conference (missed the play offs), NJ were 12th (got to the Stanley Cup finals).

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 06:42 PM
truebluegoalie

No supplemental discipline for pacioretty.
Wish I could say I was surprised by that.

Old
02-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Heyoooo*

After looking at it more closely, he didnt leave his feet until he made contact.

Still not happy about the smirk. The hit was retaliation plain and simple.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:06 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
After looking at it more closely, he didnt leave his feet until he made contact.

Still not happy about the smirk. The hit was retaliation plain and simple.
Honesty after the chara hit he probably figures the league isn't going to protect him so he might as well do it himself. Can't say I blame him. What bugs me the most its that he is a repeat offender and he he's possibly injured a player long term in what anyone can see was a retaliatory hit.
Hagelin accidentally get alfredsson up high and as a first time offender gets three payoff games.

it just doesn't make sense and as a fan its frustrating.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Heyoooo*

Its not head hunting either. Head hunting is literal.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:48 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
This franchise is cursed. Don't want to believe in it? Fine, those are your beliefs. At first I didn't like giving up this year's 1st in the draft in the Nash trade, now I absolutely hate that it's gone. Even if this team makes the playoffs, it's looking like a 14-20 overall pick where we could've gotten a very solid prospect.

All that said, we're going to see what this team is made of in the next week. All three games this week are against teams that we should beat, even with all of the injuries. Get at least four points in three games and we're still in decent shape.

I wasn't able to watch last night's game (mercifully), but from what I hear, this team needs to find a backbone and fast. How does a blatant hit from behind go unanswered? One on a budding superstar defenseman at that? I'm not sure to be angry at Pacioretty for being such a dumbass, or more embarrassed to be a fan of a team that let's him walk away without a scratch after the fact. Disgusting.
No team in sports is cursed.

On a related note, something like 30% of Americans believe that prayer plays a role in determining the winner of a sporting event.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post

On a related note, something like 30% of Americans believe that prayer plays a role in determining the winner of a sporting event.
LOL I saw that in "The Week" magazine.

Hilarious stuff.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:55 PM
Heyoooo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post

Old
02-24-2013, 08:02 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
No supplemental discipline for pacioretty.
Wish I could say I was surprised by that.
As a habs fan I thought he was gone for at least a couple games. It wasn't the worst hit I've ever seen, but it was dirty, and he is a repeat offender. I have no idea why he wasn't suspended. I guess every so often, even the Habs will get away with something.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Why you ask ? Because shanny and the NHL as a whole hold a grudge vs the rangers . The hit was dirty and caused injury . No f'ing excuse the NHL is a joke

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:12 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

It was a retaliatory board that resulted in injury.

Jumping would have made it worse, but it was still a dirty hit which should've been suspendable.

Regardless the non-response is 10x worse than the non-suspension.

02-24-2013, 08:13 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Just compare to Hagelin's playoff suspension and you know all you need to about Shanny / NHL discipline.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:55 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
Ok, so when some fan in Pittsburgh says something idiotic, I can say "stay classy USA"?
No comment on the "Montreal is a Canadian Province of Quebec" part?

You're a good man (or woman).

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:06 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Quote:
Honesty after the chara hit he probably figures the league isn't going to protect him so he might as well do it himself. Can't say I blame him. What bugs me the most its that he is a repeat offender and he he's possibly injured a player long term in what anyone can see was a retaliatory hit.
Hagelin accidentally get alfredsson up high and as a first time offender gets three payoff games.

it just doesn't make sense and as a fan its frustrating.
Apparently Shanny doesn't look at the circumstances leading up to a hit anymore or if the person in question is a repeat offender or known for dirty predatory hits. There are definitely some favorite sons and red-headed stepchildren in this league.

Personally, I would've given Patches 2 games for that hit. A definite hit from behind with an extra elbow thrown in. Very dangerous.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 03:23 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Apparently Shanny doesn't look at the circumstances leading up to a hit anymore or if the person in question is a repeat offender or known for dirty predatory hits. There are definitely some favorite sons and red-headed stepchildren in this league.

Personally, I would've given Patches 2 games for that hit. A definite hit from behind with an extra elbow thrown in. Very dangerous.
You do know that the genes for red hair comes from crossbreading with Neanderthals - says so here

Implications of this conspiracy are now reaching mindblowing proportions

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 06:20 AM
truebluegoalie

I Wouldn't say it its a conspiracy but the league is wildly inconsistent with their rulings. It is impossible to tell what kind of illegal hit will receive punishment from the league. People hoped out would get better under shanny and unfortunately it hasn't. All I want its some consistency.

Old
02-25-2013, 06:44 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

I LOVE how every fanbase in the entire league thinks, the league has an agenda against their franchise. It's hilarious.
Guess what, the people in the commission are - wait for it - PEOPLE! They're gonna make mistakes.

SoftEuro4thLiner is offline   Reply With Quote