HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL talk Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2013, 04:00 PM
  #126
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier
 
flyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seward, Alaska
Country: United States
Posts: 6,186
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by poneill27 View Post
A coaches challenge on disputed goals could be in the near future.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

I think its a good idea.
Why? Goals are automatically reviewed anyway. I think the current system works fine. They just need better technology to track where the puck is in relation to the goal line.

Edit: in response to the Duchene offsides goal last week, I do think every aspect leading to a goal should be reviewed automatically as well. For example, if a questionable offsides not called leads to a goal, officials should review this automatically.

flyguy is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 04:02 PM
  #127
Go For It
Registered User
 
Go For It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Collegeville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,011
vCash: 50
For a guy his size who throws his share of questionable hits, Lucic is a huge baby when the tables are turned.


Go For It is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 04:11 PM
  #128
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poneill27 View Post
A coaches challenge on disputed goals could be in the near future.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

I think its a good idea.
Me too. It works amazingly well in tennis. I like how in tennis you get 3 challenges and you only lose them if you're wrong. I would like to see this in the NHL as well because if they only get 1 and they are trying to use it as an excuse to rest players, they won't want to use it early unless they're really sure. It would work well for things like too many men or an offside call. Most goals are reviewed so that won't be a big deal. It won't take much time from the game and it will add some excitement.

MsWoof is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 04:22 PM
  #129
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 13,946
vCash: 955
Hedberg got the start for the Devils again today.

It was a scheduled start for Marty, but he left the warm-up with what the team has described as 'soreness'.

Already 1-0 Jets over the Devils.

__________________
I deride your truth handling abilities
CanadianFlyer88 is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 04:25 PM
  #130
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,578
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Hedberg got the start for the Devils again today.

It was a scheduled start for Marty, but he left the warm-up with what the team has described as 'soreness'.

Already 1-0 Jets over the Devils.
Nothing some Bengay can't fix.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
02-24-2013, 04:48 PM
  #131
laundryman
Registered User
 
laundryman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
For a guy his size who throws his share of questionable hits, Lucic is a huge baby when the tables are turned.

Can anyone else just not stand Lucic? Every always says that he's a guy everyone hates but you'd love to have on your team, but I genuinely dislike the guy. He's such a punk

laundryman is online now  
Old
02-24-2013, 06:16 PM
  #132
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 28,002
vCash: 673
ive never seen a sports jersey more hideous than the ones the Penguins are using tonight.

I guess they were just their warmups, because they dont have them on anymore.


Last edited by Justified: 02-24-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Justified is online now  
Old
02-24-2013, 06:51 PM
  #133
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,496
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
ive never seen a sports jersey more hideous than the ones the Penguins are using tonight.

I guess they were just their warmups, because they dont have them on anymore.
Saw that too... They were gross. Kinda reminded me of the Padres' camo jerseys.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 07:05 PM
  #134
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,528
vCash: 50
Refs in devil jets game ****ed the Devs big time. Took away a goal on early whitle and missed a penalty shot as well on same play. Hainsey grabbed puck and threw out of crease to slot a Dev shot into open net. Refs blow dead for some reason plus no penalty. LOLOLOLOLOLO just awful.

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 07:18 PM
  #135
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,578
vCash: 156
Carle just got burned hard against the Pens. Some things never change.

He was on for the Pens first goal too but was blameless.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
02-24-2013, 07:20 PM
  #136
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,496
vCash: 50
That Nick Grosmann Harlem shake video: still funny

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 07:20 PM
  #137
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,528
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Carle just got burned hard against the Pens. Some things never change.

He was on for the Pens first goal too but was blameless.
Beat me. Lol. I just flipped and thought that looked like Matty Allstar.

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 07:37 PM
  #138
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,578
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Beat me. Lol. I just flipped and thought that looked like Matty Allstar.
It was the usual...retreated a little too eagerly, blocked the shooting lane...but left the passing lane wide open. Pass, goal. I started to say "probably a goal" to the dog as it was unfolding; the dog seemed unsurprised as well. Probably because she was asleep.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
02-24-2013, 07:46 PM
  #139
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,578
vCash: 156
Stamkos' ability to sneak off to the left side for a wide open one-timer never ceases to amaze me. That's been his MO for ages. That's where he's going to go...everybody knows this. Yet he still manages to get himself there at the right times.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
02-24-2013, 07:49 PM
  #140
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,528
vCash: 50
Devils looked bad today and got smoked yesterday, are they coming back down to reality ?

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 07:52 PM
  #141
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,528
vCash: 50
Jesus VCR left Lou in for 8 goals tonight

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 08:03 PM
  #142
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,044
vCash: 50
Kunitz flopping all over gets the pens a 5 on 3 and then the pens score from it

when is the league actually going to crack down on diving like they said they were

Krishna is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 08:08 PM
  #143
LI Fly Guy
Registered User
 
LI Fly Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Kunitz flopping all over gets the pens a 5 on 3 and then the pens score from it

when is the league actually going to crack down on diving like they said they were
It's ridiculous. And when they do call it, it's the same time as another penalty. Like Hartnells yesterday when they called the Jet for cross checking and hartsy for diving. Which one is it, was he cross checked or did he dive? I don't understand how they call both

LI Fly Guy is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 08:09 PM
  #144
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 13,946
vCash: 955
^

If I trip you and you throw your arms in the air like you got shot, we should both go to the box. The fact that you embellished doesn't negate the fact that I tripped you.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 08:10 PM
  #145
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,578
vCash: 156
I thought they had reformed that earlier; I don't remember what game it was, but an opposing player was called for diving without sending a Flyer to the box. They need to start reviewing and fining for that stuff...maybe suspend diving players for a period or two in the following game.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
02-24-2013, 08:12 PM
  #146
LI Fly Guy
Registered User
 
LI Fly Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I thought they had reformed that earlier; I don't remember what game it was, but an opposing player was called for diving without sending a Flyer to the box. They need to start reviewing and fining for that stuff...maybe suspend diving players for a period or two in the following game.
I think Steve Ott second game this year

LI Fly Guy is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 08:14 PM
  #147
LI Fly Guy
Registered User
 
LI Fly Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
^

If I trip you and you throw your arms in the air like you got shot, we should both go to the box. The fact that you embellished doesn't negate the fact that I tripped you.
Absolutely, but that wasn't the case with Hartnell yesterday. A perfect scenario to call that would have been the other night against Pitt when one of them took a stick on the helmet and dove like the pos he is. I think it was Neal. Too many times they don't call the dive, but when they do it seems its when another player from other team is getting called for something also.

LI Fly Guy is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 08:14 PM
  #148
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,044
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
^

If I trip you and you throw your arms in the air like you got shot, we should both go to the box. The fact that you embellished doesn't negate the fact that I tripped you.
Easy.

Give them 4 mins.

2 mins for embellishment and 2 mins for unsportsmanlike conduct

Krishna is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 08:15 PM
  #149
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,044
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Fly Guy View Post
Absolutely, but that wasn't the case with Hartnell yesterday. A perfect scenario to call that would have been the other night against Pitt when one of them took a stick on the helmet and dove like the pos he is. I think it was Neal. Too many times they don't call the dive, but when they do it seems its when another player from other team is getting called for something also.
Also Sutter getting tapped with a stick and going down like he was dead only to score on his next shift.

Krishna is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 08:17 PM
  #150
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Stamkos' ability to sneak off to the left side for a wide open one-timer never ceases to amaze me. That's been his MO for ages. That's where he's going to go...everybody knows this. Yet he still manages to get himself there at the right times.
It's like the other team is playing with 4 skaters on the ice.

FLYguy3911 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.