HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Quebec City Part VII: Si J'avais les ailes d'un ange

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 06:29 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesolid View Post
What you3e saying is ridiculous. The wishes of the current owners and teams is all that matters for the nhl once realigment came around. I am certain they didn't think at all about possible relocations or expension beyond putting 2 extra spots.
Uh.... what? Wasn't last year's proposed realignment what inherently started the entire expansion discussion due to how ridiculously conducive it was for realignment in the event of expansion and relocation? That was the clearly thinking about their present needs and keeping the future of expansion/relocation in mind.

It is absolutely not a good sign for Quebec City for the league to have two 8-team eastern conferences given the fact that the Yotes are almost assuredly going to move in the offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Supposed leaked, proposal, realignment, ease. None of those words can counter Quebec's legitimate claim to an NHL team.

The NHL isn't and will not snob having a team in the best market for hockey in the world, it's a question of when not if there will be a team in Quebec city. Whether it's the coyotes, expansion or another troubled NHL market.
Everything you said is nice and all, but it's entirely from the perspective of a fan of a team wanting his team back. It's not being made from a rational perspective of what the league may, or may not, be interested in. Might very well be a sign that the league perhaps isn't as keen on expansion as we thought or that two western markets were more in line with where they're looking right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcBlizzard View Post
I don't care a second if this is finally the new alignment, because its only a rumour, just like "Jamison will complete sale in 2 weeks" blablabla.

Commish himself was denying the Thrashers move one week before they were sold, yeah right. How can HNIC be on the point?

Where's the Yotes saviour? There's none and therefore, they are in Qc city no later then may or june to the latest.

The more Nords-scepticals rant, the more happy I'll be in may.
You should read my past posts in these topics over the least two or so years. I've been very pro-Nords and have on multiple occasions said that the Yotes are going to move to Quebec City.

For at least the here and now, if this leak is accurate, it is not a good sign for Quebec City for next season, plain and simple. The NHL knows more than we do about their inner workings. It just doesn't seem conceivable that they'd propose this if they thought that the Yotes were moving to Quebec City this offseason, only to inherently have to move either Detroit or Columbus back west (and Colorado to the Pacific).

Now, if the leak is just nonsense, then no skin off your or my backs. I'm just saying that, for your interests, you'd best be hoping that it's not true as it points away from expanding or relocating east.

Old
02-24-2013, 06:42 PM
Stanley Cup
Global Meowderator

vCash: 58
You guys need to relax, nothing's final as of now.

Old
02-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Acesolid
The Illusive Bettman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Uh.... what? Wasn't last year's proposed realignment what inherently started the entire expansion discussion due to how ridiculously conducive it was for realignment in the event of expansion and relocation? That was the clearly thinking about their present needs and keeping the future of expansion/relocation in mind.

It is absolutely not a good sign for Quebec City for the league to have two 8-team eastern conferences given the fact that the Yotes are almost assuredly going to move in the offseason.

Everything you said is nice and all, but it's entirely from the perspective of a fan of a team wanting his team back. It's not being made from a rational perspective of what the league may, or may not, be interested in. Might very well be a sign that the league perhaps isn't as keen on expansion as we thought or that two western markets were more in line with where they're looking right now.

You should read my past posts in these topics over the least two or so years. I've been very pro-Nords and have on multiple occasions said that the Yotes are going to move to Quebec City.

For at least the here and now, if this leak is accurate, it is not a good sign for Quebec City for next season, plain and simple. The NHL knows more than we do about their inner workings. It just doesn't seem conceivable that they'd propose this if they thought that the Yotes were moving to Quebec City this offseason, only to inherently have to move either Detroit or Columbus back west (and Colorado to the Pacific).

Now, if the leak is just nonsense, then no skin off your or my backs. I'm just saying that, for your interests, you'd best be hoping that it's not true as it points away from expanding or relocating east.
That's just silly. Like the aligment was going to decide the long term future of the nhl!

And like a schedule was set in stone!

Let me tell you, it is NOT set in stone, and it'd be very simple for the nhl to change the alignment in a while. And I wouldn't be surprised if they had QC plaaying in the west (stupidly) for a while.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Supposed leaked, proposal, realignment, ease. None of those words can counter Quebec's legitimate claim to an NHL team.

The NHL isn't and will not snob having a team in the best market for hockey in the world, it's a question of when not if there will be a team in Quebec city. Whether it's the coyotes, expansion or another troubled NHL market.
Easy bud. No need for exaggeration here.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:38 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesolid View Post
That's just silly. Like the aligment was going to decide the long term future of the nhl!

And like a schedule was set in stone!

Let me tell you, it is NOT set in stone, and it'd be very simple for the nhl to change the alignment in a while. And I wouldn't be surprised if they had QC plaaying in the west (stupidly) for a while.
Duh, of course it's not set in stone. I'm just saying that it's illogical, even for the NHL, to consider this alignment if the thought that the Yotes were going to be moving to Quebec City in the offseason.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:39 PM
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan

Quote:

Where was I agressive towards you?

I wasnt. I know your posts. I was saying I am not stressed by this.

Good evening.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:38 PM
GF

There goes all hope of a relocation to QC. A schedule has been leaked.

Now just time to find an owner, built a brand new arena and overhaul the current not fit for hockey arena in Seattle (all in the next few weeks/months). This is much easier to do than to modify a schedule.

The NHL is a joke. They can do anything with the Coyotes, it won't change that fact.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:53 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix78 View Post
if you believe now that the Coyotes can't go to Qc City because of the "new potential alignment ", so you must believe there is no chance that the NHL will expand to any Eastern city in the next years...

Quebec, Markham, Portland etc... They should all cancel any NHL project, right ?...... nah, it doesn't make any sense

There is a WORD for this , Joice would tell you : BELIEVE
Why should Portland cancel any NHL project, they're in the West.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:15 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Quote:
Where was I agressive towards you?

I wasnt. I know your posts. I was saying I am not stressed by this.

Good evening.
My apologies. I thought you were referring to me with the "Nords-scepticals rant" line.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
I feel for QC fans. We Winnipeg fans know what it's like to ride the "will we/won't we get a team" rollercoaster ride. I very glad we got a team and don't have to go through that anymore. However, QC fans are still subject to that bs drama, and it's "almost" starting to look like they may have to ride that ride a few years longer now, or maybe not. We will likely find out in a few months from now.

Old
02-25-2013, 06:28 AM
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan

Quote:
My apologies. I thought you were referring to me with the "Nords-scepticals rant" line.
No No.

My turn to apologize, tha phrasing was probably not adequate ;-)

English, my second tongue. Have a good day.

Old
02-25-2013, 06:45 AM
Shawa666

vCash: 490
To those who think that the proposed conferences spell the end of Quebec's hopes. I suggest you re-read the league's history under Gary's tenure.

Then tell me that this league has gone for the logical option when faced with a tough decision.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:57 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Haha. Stop freaking out. There are probably THREE proposed alignments. Phoenix, Seattle, and Quebec. Of course only the one the NHL WANTS to he leaked has been leaked.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:30 AM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Haha. Stop freaking out. There are probably THREE proposed alignments. Phoenix, Seattle, and Quebec. Of course only the one the NHL WANTS to he leaked has been leaked.
Especially if there's currently negotiating going on with Que.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Matrix78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
Why should Portland cancel any NHL project, they're in the West.
lol my bad..

Old
02-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Matrix78

the tower crane for the new Colisée is UP

Old
02-25-2013, 04:38 PM
DJ Omnimaga

Yep I saw that and was happy

Another pic (you see the old Colisée to the right):

As for the re-alignment, I'm pretty sure that they could do something if Phoenix moves to Quebec or Markham. Plus the newly re-alignment proposal rumor seems kinda weird since it breaks the Detroit-Chicago rivalry.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Material Defender

* deleted *

Last edited by Material Defender: 02-26-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old
02-26-2013, 07:17 PM
WildGopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Omnimaga View Post
Yep I saw that and was happy

Another pic (you see the old Colisée to the right):

As for the re-alignment, I'm pretty sure that they could do something if Phoenix moves to Quebec or Markham. Plus the newly re-alignment proposal rumor seems kinda weird since it breaks the Detroit-Chicago rivalry.
Great to see the pics of your rink going up, and don't worry, the new realignment doesn't have to shut Quebec out from a relocation or expansion team. If Coyotes move to QC, put that team in the new Midwest conference, where are just one time zone away. Then move Colorado from the Midwest Division to the Pacific. Colorado was slated for the Pacific in the realignment the players association rejected last year, and might have moved to the Pacific had the Coyotes moved to Winnipeg in 2010, so there's nothing radical about it. Would Nords fans prefer to be with Boston, Montreal and Toronto? Sure. But travel and TV wouldn't be a franchise killer in the Midwest Division, at least for now. I hope you get your team!

Old
02-26-2013, 07:36 PM
JB52

I just stumble on this article and there’s one point in that text that is so stupid that it made me realize that those new divisions mean absolutely nothing for relocation.

http://www.fiveforhowling.com/2013/2...hoenix-coyotes

The author of the article states in the second to last paragraph that because of the new divisions, not only it means that Phoenix will move to Seattle for sure but, because there will only be 7 teams in the two most western divisions, expansion will now only happen in the west. Forget Markham and Quebec City there’s no place for them in the, what he calls, blue and green division. With his reasoning, Kansas City and Albuquerque have better chances, because there is only 7 teams in the westerner division.

Do we agree that the second part of his reasoning is stupid, but then, what makes the first one more brilliant? Nothing! Saying that the Coyotes will move to Seattle because of new divisions is like saying that the NHL will expand to Albuquerque because there’s only seven teams in the pacific division. Don’t you think?

Old
02-26-2013, 08:41 PM
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB52 View Post
I just stumble on this article and there’s one point in that text that is so stupid that it made me realize that those new divisions mean absolutely nothing for relocation.

http://www.fiveforhowling.com/2013/2...hoenix-coyotes

The author of the article states in the second to last paragraph that because of the new divisions, not only it means that Phoenix will move to Seattle for sure but, because there will only be 7 teams in the two most western divisions, expansion will now only happen in the west. Forget Markham and Quebec City there’s no place for them in the, what he calls, blue and green division. With his reasoning, Kansas City and Albuquerque have better chances, because there is only 7 teams in the westerner division.

Do we agree that the second part of his reasoning is stupid, but then, what makes the first one more brilliant? Nothing! Saying that the Coyotes will move to Seattle because of new divisions is like saying that the NHL will expand to Albuquerque because there’s only seven teams in the pacific division. Don’t you think?
I think Stanley, ID and Las Cruces, NM are on NHL radar...

All this division stuff have no importance. Divisions are made upon team existing now. Qc doesnt have a team now.

Thing is facts shows hockey markets are more east then west, at least in the US. Your form divisions with your teams, and not the contrary.

I would'nt be surprised Qc plays in the pacific one year, like the Jets plays east.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:52 PM
Material Defender

Bill Daly to Renaud Lavoie (RDS) on the appearance of no possible relocation or expansion in the East: "We have to deal now with our current realities, not with hypothetical situations in the future. If and when we have to reconsider alignment in light of changes in franchise make-up and location we will address the relevant issues at that time."

The door is still opened!

Last edited by Material Defender: 02-26-2013 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Exact quote taken from @RenLavoieRDS
Old
02-26-2013, 08:55 PM
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Material Defender View Post
Bill Daly to Renaud Lavoie (RDS) on the appearance of no possible relocation or expansion in the East: "This is not quite true. We must face the present reality and not a hypothetical situation. We will make decisions that will be necessary if we ever redo the divisions due to a change in the structure of the league."

The door is still opened!
Yes but, don't expect them to change divisions in may. He did not say they would change this in may. So, to expect one year in pacific could be in order.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Material Defender

Quote:
Yes but, don't expect them to change divisions in may. He did not say they would change this in may. So, to expect one year in pacific could be in order.
Agree. Still, this quote from Daly is like music to my ears since this proposal first looked like bad news for Quebec...

Old
02-26-2013, 09:00 PM
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Material Defender View Post
Agree. Still, this quote from Daly is like music to my ears since this proposal first looked like bad news for Quebec...
Agreed.

Closed Thread