HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Grabovski in the shutdown role

Old
02-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Interactif

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
Frattin struggeld to score period last year, didn't matter who he played with.

Mac has 2 20+ goal season's playing on Grabo's wing, this from a guy who was once thought of as a tweener and would never hit 20 goals or 40 points.

Maybe it was Ron Wilson's system. Did Mac not look lost this year before he was put on a line with Kadri?

Quote:
Kadri is also playing sheltered minutes VS weaker opposition, not to mention his quality of linemates have been better. Maybe you should tell us how Kadri's been producing since Frattin went down? He's gotten a couple of points on the PP, but nothing ES. What's going on there? He's not good enough to get mac and Orr goin?
Who said Kadri wasn't playing sheltered mins as any good coach should with a rookie center.

Doesn't take away he has had a very good season and is coming on like gangbusters, by the end of the year, he just may be ready to play against top 6 Lines, he played against Vanek and Malkin in spots already, hasn't looked out of place. Has he?

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:02 PM
King of Arcadia

Carlyle is only shutting down Grabo, not Grabo shutting down. Kessel should be the shut down centre...other teams will worry about his offense and play defensive when he is on the ice and therefore score less goals against the Leafs.

King of Arcadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:05 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
So now you admit Kessel produced without Lupul as his winger? An admission, Bozak gets some credit, cause I know it wasn't because Crabb was his line mate.

Again with the excuses of Grabo's wingers.

Kadri has had the same wingers Grabo couldn't help and make them better, Frattin and Mac.

And this is the guy you want and think can play with Kessel. 2 NHL coaches disagree with you.

Again, Kadri has provided the secondary scoring that has made Grabo a 5.5 million dollar expendable shut down C, Bozak is a better fit as #1C, Kessel and JVR are producing. When we find a true #1C or someone better than Bozak in that slot. Grabo will be traded, he doesn't fit on this team as a #1C, we have a better secondary scoring option in Kadri, and he is an overpaid underachieving shutdown C.

Give it up man.
Kessel has always produced, he even produced with Stajan as his center just not at the pace he does with Lupul or now JVR.

You keep ignoring where they're playing, are really that stupid? And Mac, who is supposedly playing so great has less points then the underachieving Grabo.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Kessel has always produced, he even produced with Stajan as his center just not at the pace he does with Lupul or now JVR.

You keep ignoring where they're playing, are really that stupid? And Mac, who is supposedly playing so great has less points then the underachieving Grabo.
I love correcting you, Mac was hurt and has played how many fewer games than Grabo? His PPG ratio which is what you should be looking at is better.

The goalposts change with every post, now it's Kessel is producing with whoever he plays with when it was Lupul not a hour ago. You are confusing yourself nevemind posters with your logic.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:08 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:

Maybe it was Ron Wilson's system. Did Mac not look lost this year before he was put on a line with Kadri?

Who said Kadri wasn't playing sheltered mins as any good coach should with a rookie center.

Doesn't take away he has had a very good season and is coming on like gangbusters, by the end of the year, he just may be ready to play against top 6 Lines, he played against Vanek and Malkin in spots already, hasn't looked out of place. Has he?
I've not once downplayed his contributions, but the fact of the matter is he has had much easier competition to face and it's great that he's producing, it doesn't mean that he's out-playing Grabo.

Again, you ignore the other points I made. Convenient.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Interactif

Quote:
I've not once downplayed his contributions, but the fact of the matter is he has had much easier competition to face and it's great that he's producing, it doesn't mean that he's out-playing Grabo.

Again, you ignore the other points I made. Convenient.
What have I ignored? You have no facts, I have countered everything related and even unrelated to the discussion you have thrown into this Grabo defence you have failed miserably.

From the posts here only 3 posters seem happy with Grabo this year. The same 3 that are making what if's and excuses.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:13 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
I love correcting you, Mac was hurt and has played how many fewer games than Grabo? His PPG ratio which is what you should be looking at is better.

The goalposts change with every post, now it's Kessel is producing with whoever he plays with when it was Lupul not a hour ago. You are confusing yourself nevemind posters with your logic.
You really are dense, I've said it pretty clearly that Kessel's produces a lot better when playing with Lupul, don't blame me because you're to ignorant to understand. Kessel when not playing with Lupul got around 55-60 points, that's considered producing. Playing with Lupul he is PPG which is much better production which is what I've been saying. Get a freakin clue.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:13 PM
King of Arcadia

you have to be prepared to do ANYTHING to win no matter who is on your line. even if it means soiling your own pants before the game. is Grabo willing to do that or he is he just willing to emit the odd popcorn fart?

Old
02-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
I wouldn't doubt it. They've already been producing with an offensively inept center for the past few games. JVR also started catching fire when he was put on Grabo's line.
I'm not sure about that, and it has more to do with playing style then skill.

Faltorvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Interactif

Blue Devil, you mentioned Grabo was on the ice for 2 Leafs goals, 1 at even strength, 1 on the PP where Mac scored on an assist from Kadri.

Now here is the part you forgot to mention, he was on the ice for 3 goals against.

Do the math, 1 step forward, 3 steps back, you scoffed that he was not a part of last night's loss earlier. How can one make that assertion and still want to have cred here?

Give it up.

Old
The Blue Devil

Quote:
What have I ignored? You have no facts, I have countered everything related and even unrelated to the discussion you have thrown into this Grabo defence you have failed miserably.

From the posts here only 3 posters seem happy with Grabo this year. The same 3 that are making what if's and excuses.
The fact that I pointed out that Kadri's stopped producing since Frattin went down. I've presented plenty more facts then you.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:16 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Blue Devil, you mentioned Grabo was on the ice for 2 Leafs goals, 1 at even strength, 1 on the PP where Mac scored on an assist from Kadri.

Now here is the part you forgot to mention, he was on the ice for 3 goals against.

Do the math, 1 step forward, 3 steps back, you scoffed that he was not a part of last night's loss earlier. How can one make that assertion and still want to have cred here?

Give it up.
Maybe you should actually watch how the goals were scored and who else failed their assignments, Grabo wasn't the only one on the ice, get your facts straight.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Interactif

Quote:
You really are dense, I've said it pretty clearly that Kessel's produces a lot better when playing with Lupul, don't blame me because you're to ignorant to understand. Kessel when not playing with Lupul got around 55-60 points, that's considered producing. Playing with Lupul he is PPG which is much better production which is what I've been saying. Get a freakin clue.
For a poster that claims others ignore posts, you addressed nothing in this post. Throwing mud at the wall in hopes of sticking method of posting.

Kessel and Bozak continued to score when Lupul went down. You claimed it was all Lupul, again don't let the facts hit you on the way to a conclusion.

When Frattin joined Grabo when Kule went down, he did not produce as he is now with Kadri. Make an excuse but we know it is kadri that makes wingers better, same with Mac, lost in a black hole with Grabo as his playmaking Center, and now producing with Kadri, again coincidence?

Again how many less games has Mac played to only be a point behind Grabo?

Old
02-24-2013, 07:20 PM
King of Arcadia

Quote:
Maybe you should actually watch how the goals were scored and who else failed their assignments, Grabo wasn't the only one on the ice, get your facts straight.
every single goal against was caused by the puck crossing the goal line, silly. what was Grabovski supposed to do.....inflate himself to a 4X6 size and cover the entire area of the net?

Old
02-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Interactif

Quote:
The fact that I pointed out that Kadri's stopped producing since Frattin went down. I've presented plenty more facts then you.
Stopped producing, I'm lost how you came to that conclusion.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Arcadia View Post
every single goal against was caused by the puck crossing the goal line, silly. what was Grabovski supposed to do.....inflate himself to a 4X6 size and cover the entire area of the net?
I give up with this guy. He won't listen, to him it's Grabo's wingers, it's his role, it's whatever excuse he can come up with. Nothing is Grabo's fault. It's a waste of time conversing with posters that are so close minded in seeing Grabo has been a 5.5 disappointment, and a terrible signing. Thanks Burkie.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
I'd say Kadri more or less makes Bozak more expendable if anything. If within the next year Kadri improves his faceoffs then he would be a perfect fit for Kessel and JVR/Lupul.
Kadri makes Bozak(if we are talking about making room for a #1, IE Getz) expendable and McLem makes Grabo(as your checking C).

A guy like Colborne or Steckle could patrol your 4th line.

#1 c
McLem(checking line)
Kadri(secondary scoring option)
Colb,Steck

Your #1 line is just that. Biggest guns.

The McLem line and Kadri line give RC 2 completely different looks when it comes to line matching.

And your 4th is just that, some grind,fight, cycle.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:27 PM
King of Arcadia

Quote:
I give up with this guy. He won't listen, to him it's Grabo's wingers, it's his role, it's whatever excuse he can come up with. Nothing is Grabo's fault. It's a waste of time conversing with posters that are so close minded in seeing Grabo has been a 5.5 disappointment, and a terrible signing. Thanks Burkie.
you could say his performance last night was a 5.5 out of 10 as well.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
"terrible" is a little harsh ole man.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:29 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
For a poster that claims others ignore posts, you addressed nothing in this post. Throwing mud at the wall in hopes of sticking method of posting.

Kessel and Bozak continued to score when Lupul went down. You claimed it was all Lupul, again don't let the facts hit you on the way to a conclusion.

When Frattin joined Grabo when Kule went down, he did not produce as he is now with Kadri. Make an excuse but we know it is kadri that makes wingers better, same with Mac, lost in a black hole with Grabo as his playmaking Center, and now producing with Kadri, again coincidence?

Again how many less games has Mac played to only be a point behind Grabo?
That was last year!!! Even when he wasn't playing with Grabo he wasn't producing, a fact that you like to ignore. Kessel with Lupul last year was producing at a clip that would've seen him finish with 90+points, completely down the drain when Lupul got injured. Kessel also didn't score for what, close to 20 games with Bozak as his center?

How come Kadri hasn't been producing since Frattin went down? JVR also started on Kadri's wing to start the year and wasn't producing, he was put on Grabo's line and started producing. Mac hasn't exactly been producing they way your saying, he's actually been pretty useless. To answer your question, he's played a whole 2 less games.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:29 PM
King of Arcadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
"terrible" is a little harsh ole man.
i think he means he has bad handwriting, ol chum, i.e. a bad signing

Old
02-24-2013, 07:30 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Stopped producing, I'm lost how you came to that conclusion.
Look at his ES production with Frattin and compare it to when he went down, it's not the same.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:33 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
To you it's all Grabo's fault and nobody else's. You talk as if he's playing with Brett Hull but is limiting him because he's so bad. You're the one with excuses, it's actually pretty childish the way you've responded.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:35 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Arcadia View Post
i think he means he has bad handwriting, ol chum, i.e. a bad signing
Bad signing, ya, terrible i'd save that for Komi.

With the cap being about 8m less then what it could have been if things did not change, 1m more then ones worth starts to add up pretty fast.

A 4.5m Grabo is a much more satisfactory situation.

Last edited by Faltorvo: 02-24-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old
02-24-2013, 07:37 PM
King of Arcadia

Quote:
To you it's all Grabo's fault and nobody else's. You talk as if he's playing with Brett Hull but is limiting him because he's so bad. You're the one with excuses, it's actually pretty childish the way you've responded.
maybe the two of you fellas just need to step back and think about this some more. come back later with open minds, learn to see each others point of view. clearly one of you thinks Grabo is a waste, the other thinks he is a solid player. only one of you is right though.