HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Is this guy Dirty or what?

Old
07-15-2006, 10:53 AM
gusfring

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
read this

and
July 11, 2006

LONDON (AFP) - Italy's Marco Materazzi called Zinedine Zidane a "son of a terrorist *****" just before the France captain gave him a brutal head-butt in the World Cup final, Britain's top forensic lip reader says.

oh snap, what now? notice the date of the last link? is it more recent than what you posted? did they even mention who did the lip reading in your little bbc video? probably some random joe they found off the streets.

You do know that Zidane played for 6 years in Italy and from what I understand speaks fairly good Italian, right?
Just admit it, you know nothing about soccer. Yes, I know he played in Italy. Actually I'e been to 2 Juventus games in Italy when Zidane played.

Materazzi said he didn't say anything racial and Zidane did not say he did either. When 3 lip readers say he said 3 different things, I don't really trust them.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Transported Upstater

This thread is hilarious.

As I said in the thread in the soccer forum, you don't head-butt a player in the chest during a soccer game, regardless of the provocation. I don't care if it was a racist comment or not. In fact, I don't care at all what was said. It is irrelevant.

Let's switch the roles, in a hypothetical situation: If Zidane called Materazzi a "greasy-haired WOP" or "spoiled guinea *****" and Materazzi head-butted Zidane, my anger would be directed 110% toward Materazzi. NOT Zidane.

If Zidane really wanted to get back at Materazzi, he could have continued to excel for his team on the field, perhaps garnering the winning goal for the French, or setting up one of his teammates for the winner.

Aside: All Italian soccer fans know Materazzi is a dirtball, and if not, they are being homers. Materazzi is a butcher.

I still say congrats to the French, and tip my head to Zidane, one of the game's greats, who will be missed badly on the main stage.

But I am very proud of the Italians...it's been a long time coming. FORZA AZURRI!!!!

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 05:44 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransportedUpstater View Post
This thread is hilarious.

As I said in the thread in the soccer forum, you don't head-butt a player in the chest during a soccer game, regardless of the provocation. I don't care if it was a racist comment or not. In fact, I don't care at all what was said. It is irrelevant.

Let's switch the roles, in a hypothetical situation: If Zidane called Materazzi a "greasy-haired WOP" or "spoiled guinea *****" and Materazzi head-butted Zidane, my anger would be directed 110% toward Materazzi. NOT Zidane.

If Zidane really wanted to get back at Materazzi, he could have continued to excel for his team on the field, perhaps garnering the winning goal for the French, or setting up one of his teammates for the winner.

Aside: All Italian soccer fans know Materazzi is a dirtball, and if not, they are being homers. Materazzi is a butcher.

I still say congrats to the French, and tip my head to Zidane, one of the game's greats, who will be missed badly on the main stage.

But I am very proud of the Italians...it's been a long time coming. FORZA AZURRI!!!!
Excellent post. Agree 100%.

Anyone who's actually watched soccer (aside from World Cups) knows what type of player Materazzi is. And no, he does have "great skill".

Whatever was said, the reaction was uncalled for and selfish.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 05:51 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
Materazzi = Claude Lemieux
oh snap.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 07:11 PM
Anthony P

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
read this

and
July 11, 2006

LONDON (AFP) - Italy's Marco Materazzi called Zinedine Zidane a "son of a terrorist *****" just before the France captain gave him a brutal head-butt in the World Cup final, Britain's top forensic lip reader says.

oh snap, what now? notice the date of the last link? is it more recent than what you posted? did they even mention who did the lip reading in your little bbc video? probably some random joe they found off the streets.

You do know that Zidane played for 6 years in Italy and from what I understand speaks fairly good Italian, right?

Yes I do know that.... if you read a few posts up you'll see I said that before you posted this lol....

Anyway I've had enough of this discussion really.... I've said what I had to say....

Edit: If Zidane says there were no racial comments, then there were no racial comments.... why do you keep persisting???? the guy you are defending says no racial comments were made.... I guess you and the lip readers know more than him.....

Anthony P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 10:12 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
Edit: If Zidane says there were no racial comments, then there were no racial comments.... why do you keep persisting???? the guy you are defending says no racial comments were made.... I guess you and the lip readers know more than him.....
In fact, he said nothing, but his brothers said there was nothing racial.

Good enough for me too, and certainly better than lip readers that have to watch not so good pictures of the incident.

I still have troubles believing Materazzi when he says that he did nothing relied to Zidane's mother, 'cos I'm sure that's what could make Zidane's blood boil, as his mother is really sick and he was really concerned during the whole World Cup.

Finally for TransportedUpstater, I'm not angry at Zidane, nor at Materazzi. Just bad bad timing for everything.... Or perfect one if we consider Deanbean's valid point of view.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Anthony P

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax View Post
In fact, he said nothing, but his brothers said there was nothing racial.

Good enough for me too, and certainly better than lip readers that have to watch not so good pictures of the incident.

I still have troubles believing Materazzi when he says that he did nothing relied to Zidane's mother, 'cos I'm sure that's what could make Zidane's blood boil, as his mother is really sick and he was really concerned during the whole World Cup.

Finally for TransportedUpstater, I'm not angry at Zidane, nor at Materazzi. Just bad bad timing for everything.... Or perfect one if we consider Deanbean's valid point of view.

I really hope Materazzi didn't say anything about his mother knowing she was ill.... if he made a reference to his mother without knowing she was ill, that's one thing, but knowingly doing it is a whole different animal....

Guess we'll never know, unless they admit to it during the meeting they both attended of which the results will be released on the 20th....

Old
07-16-2006, 06:09 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
I really hope Materazzi didn't say anything about his mother knowing she was ill.... if he made a reference to his mother without knowing she was ill, that's one thing, but knowingly doing it is a whole different animal....
I assume he didn't know. When you're playing the World Cup, I'm not sure you have time to follow what happens outside the pitch, and I don't think Materazzi ever tried to know what was behind Zidane's few words for his mother at the end of each interview, if he ever watched any interview of Zidane in French !

But yeah, we'll probably never know. And that's not that important. It won't change what happened, neither the status of the 2 players : Zidane is a hothead, and Materazzi a dirty player, both still talented enough to play in a World Cup final though.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 09:14 PM
Anthony P

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax View Post
I assume he didn't know. When you're playing the World Cup, I'm not sure you have time to follow what happens outside the pitch, and I don't think Materazzi ever tried to know what was behind Zidane's few words for his mother at the end of each interview, if he ever watched any interview of Zidane in French !

But yeah, we'll probably never know. And that's not that important. It won't change what happened, neither the status of the 2 players : Zidane is a hothead, and Materazzi a dirty player, both still talented enough to play in a World Cup final though.

Agreed...

Old
07-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Beakermania*

I don't know how Materezzi would've known about his mother's illness. This was a story that was very hush-hush until after "THE INCIDENT". If it wasn't kept so quiet don't you think we would have heard about Zidanes sick possibly dying mother at some point during the "greatest of his generation" tributes and how each game could possibly be his last and his heroic leadership of his team one last time.

No media outlet would have left that part of the story out if they knew it. It adds to the drama of the whole Zidane thing that they were covering, yet noone reported it. Zidane's mother being ill was not very well known.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
My opinion is that Materazzi REALLY REALLY DID NOT SAY ANYTHING BAD to Zidane and if ever the world finds out they would never forgive him.This is all crap ,Zidane should have never done what he did and thats it.Italy won the world cup,France finished 2nd and thats it.They both played excellent soccer in the world cup,and thats what should be remembered.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Canuck21t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
My opinion is that Materazzi REALLY REALLY DID NOT SAY ANYTHING BAD to Zidane and if ever the world finds out they would never forgive him.This is all crap ,Zidane should have never done what he did and thats it.Italy won the world cup,France finished 2nd and thats it.They both played excellent soccer in the world cup,and thats what should be remembered.
I'm not at all a soccer fan and I think I never will, especially not with what I have seen so far. I can tell you that years from now, I'll still remember the head butt and won't remember who won the 2006 World Cup. Enjoy your win.

Canuck21t is offline   Reply With Quote