Notices

The Mike Yeo Firing Thread/Squad

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 03:41 PM
elnewby
We got em'!

vCash: 475
No way Fletch goes, and I don't want him going anywhere. BUT, if he did, we got Flahr.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:57 PM
vitogor

vCash: 500
The biggest problem I see with Yeo is how he babies the players. They play like garbage up and down the ice, yet Coach Yeo just stands there like a statue. Calm and collected, drinking his water, only his eyebrows occasionally showing a sign of passion and emotion. And then he defends his players in the post-game presser, shielding them from any sort of criticism.

Do you think this team would have an effort problem, if the players knew that they would get ripped to shreds for playing like garbage, first on the bench, then in the locker room, and then in the press? The players will say all the right things, that they have to come out strong, and play a 60 minute game. But, subconsciously, they know they can pretty much get away with murder, because the coach will just keep making excuses for their pathetic play.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:06 PM
elnewby
We got em'!

vCash: 475
After seeing that YT video of Yeo ripping into the Aeros that's what I was expecting when he came to MN. However, it has been nothing like that, he stands emotionless and just looks outmatched. I want to see him get fired up, he demands the players play with a high "battle level" but I see none from Yeo.

Just an example that comes to mind: Last nights "icing". I was hoping he would at least demand an explanation, Suter did, But, no, nothing.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:18 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 250
he has about the same amount of emotion behind the bench as Richards. What irked me was when Clutterbuck got knee'd and he didn't even raise a finger in anger. If I'm a coach and see that, I am going ape ****.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:31 PM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00xtremeninja View Post
he has about the same amount of emotion behind the bench as Richards. What irked me was when Clutterbuck got knee'd and he didn't even raise a finger in anger. If I'm a coach and see that, I am going ape ****.
Yes, a 1000 this! And the icing last night, and just about every questionable call or dirty play that goes against the Wild. Nothing, no emotion. How do you expect your players to play with passion if you are showing none?

At this point, if we put that Herb Brooks statue behind the bench instead, I think it'll extract more passion from the players than Mike Yeo.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:05 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but from Russo's article

Quote:
The assistant GM in Florida when Ruff was assistant coach? Wild GM Chuck Fletcher.
If we know anything about GMCF is that he has a preference to getting people he's worked with before.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Haite
x

GMCF should've pulled a blockbuster head coach trade with Buffalo.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:10 PM
OpRedDawn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but from Russo's article

If we know anything about GMCF is that he has a preference to getting people he's worked with before.
I wonder if GMCF has spoken to Ruff at all

Old
02-24-2013, 05:22 PM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Ruff would be amazing for the wild.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:30 PM
CG5

what was the knock on Ruff in Buffalo?

organization just wanted to go a different direction?

Old
02-24-2013, 05:44 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG5 View Post

He's been on borrowed time for quite a few years. Every time they probably planned on kicking him to the curb, he would take em to the playoffs

Old
02-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Haite
x

Quote:

Buffalo is currently last in the Eastern Conference. They had to do something.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:48 PM
CG5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
He's been on borrowed time for quite a few years. Every time they probably planned on kicking him to the curb, he would take em to the playoffs
I guess that's why I don't get why everyone is so quick to conclude that he is the answer or why everyone seems to want him so bad. If another organization wanted to be rid of him for so long then what makes everyone think he'll be so great here?

Old
02-24-2013, 05:51 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
Yeah, and that's gotten us nowhere. Scary.

Ruff's only big feather is tenure. And that tenure was because of Regier. I wouldn't consider him.

Old
02-24-2013, 06:00 PM
bottompairingdman

If we were to fire Yeo I'd like to replace him with someone a bit more fierce than Ruff. Just my opinion though.

But I'm still on the fence about the whole fire Yeo -thing. I don't want us to be one of those teams who fire their coach whenever problems arise. Of course when things clearly don't work a change is needed but I'd wait until the offseason before making a decision.

Old
02-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Sportsfan1

People do understand there is no way Yeo is fired this year in the shortened season right?

Old
02-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
People do understand there is no way Yeo is fired this year in the shortened season right?
They don't care, we aren't unbeaten and scoring 6 goals a game, so he must go. Chemistry within this whole team needs to develop, that means player with player and whole team with coach. But people see the talent and think the chemistry doesn't have to happen, and they just hate the dump and chase, believing that the Wild must have a team that is better than that so Yeo must be fired.
I get the frustration, but this *****ing is just ridiculous. Firing coaches every two years or demanding a new GM because he made two rookie hires, etc etc etc is a way to make sure this team does not make the next step. Patience is needed from this fan base but they don't want to be.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
They don't care, we aren't unbeaten and scoring 6 goals a game, so he must go. Chemistry within this whole team needs to develop, that means player with player and whole team with coach. But people see the talent and think the chemistry doesn't have to happen, and they just hate the dump and chase, believing that the Wild must have a team that is better than that so Yeo must be fired.
I get the frustration, but this *****ing is just ridiculous. Firing coaches every two years or demanding a new GM because he made two rookie hires, etc etc etc is a way to make sure this team does not make the next step. Patience is needed from this fan base but they don't want to be.
Beautifully said, 100% spot on!

Old
02-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Maybe WildisLaw should be hired as the new coach? He seems to have it all figured out.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Even the guys who were on this team last year look horrible so exactly what is the time table for chemisty to develop?

Should we have not seen semblance of chemistry by now? I would say that 20 games into a season for the new guys should be plenty of time to see some chemistry developing between them and the guys who were with Yeo last year and should already have developed that chemistry thing.

Shouldn't Koivu and Heatley have some chemistry? Does it look like they do? Parise shouldn't have a problem stepping into a line with those two and seeing results and yet what do we see?

Hell this team is worse then they were to start the season when they took the ice after only being together for a week. I would say the longer Yeo has had with them the worse they have become.

Patience? I am running out of patience for being told to have patience.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Rabid Husky

Chemistry can take years to develop, it's why the dynasty teams were dynasties. They were together for years, it doesn't just happen and it certainly won't happen with consistency in just 20 games. Every line and every d-pairing from last season has changed. Throw in no training camp, minimal practice time and not many of these guys playing anywhere over the lockout and you are going to see struggles. Most people here said they were expecting a playoff birth yet so many of you complaining in here act like they are disappointing because they aren't the best team in the league. They are one point out of a playoff birth and while they are having some road struggles, they are 6-2 at home.
Furthermore, not every team needs to be yelled at and just because a coach is yelling or "showing fire" does not mean that he is going to reach his players that way. In fact many coach can lose their players by screaming at them. We have no earthly clue what goes on behind closed doors but just because he isn't screaming on the bench, doesn't mean they aren't getting earfuls in the locker room. Some coaches prefer their players and leaders to handle things with the team during games. The sky is not falling and panic is not needed and whether you get sick of it or not, patience is the right thing needed here.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:15 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
I guess that's why I don't get why everyone is so quick to conclude that he is the answer or why everyone seems to want him so bad. If another organization wanted to be rid of him for so long then what makes everyone think he'll be so great here?
Same reason people wanted Tippett or Hitchcock....they have won before, but they are not long term winners in all honesty. Then again, coaches short of basically Babcock are always on borrowed time it seems like.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:31 PM
DANOZ28

well rabid, how many years is enough??????????? for both CF & yeo? season ticket holders pay THOUSANDS of dollars to watch a team MISS the playoffs.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:52 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
Maybe WildisLaw should be hired as the new coach? He seems to have it all figured out.
Lol

All I'm watching is how other teams play. Isn't it obvious to you dump and chase doesn't work? I'm not the only fan who has been ranting about that. I understand it against maybe the coyotes because of heavy trap. But it should never be your main gameplan against every team. Teams that are worse than us are scoring 5+ goals in a game and we can only manage barely 2 a game. Makes sense to me.

Edit: Could you imagine this team without Parise and Suter? My god.

Last edited by WildisLaw: 02-24-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old
02-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Rabid Husky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANOZ28 View Post
well rabid, how many years is enough??????????? for both CF & yeo? season ticket holders pay THOUSANDS of dollars to watch a team MISS the playoffs.
Yeo, IMO should be given at least through next season and Fletcher is going nowhere any time soon. Look at the organizations who are there year in and year out. What do almost all of them have in common? Stability with head coaches and with GM's. They aren't changing them every couple of years just because the fans can't hold their wad.

Closed Thread