HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your New Jersey Devils vs Winnipeg Jets

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 07:56 PM
Devils Insiders

vCash: 500
It's getting boring writing the same old things, but we go over what went wrong in the loss to the Jets at home with out Instant Insight at Devils Insiders:

http://wp.me/p347yn-rY

Old
02-24-2013, 08:01 PM
MadDevil

Old
02-24-2013, 08:04 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessarmy View Post
-Josefson was invisible again, he was on the ice for two Jet goals and while they weren't directly his fault, I wish the guy would show SOMETHING promising to get excited about. I routinely forgot he was playing. Tired of the "he plays with garbage" excuses, Loktionov started on the same line and moved up. Josefson isn't cut out for the NHL right now.
I really don't get why Josefson was re-promoted so soon, especially since they didn't need a center per se. Why not Matt Anderson again? He was fine in his two games. People can ***** about YaYo not getting a chance offensively, he's not doing anything DEFENSIVELY to write home about. He's been part of the worst PK in the universe the last month.

They need to win the next game. I know I said that about today, but come on now...the Jets will be coming off a five-game EC trip and have one day in between. The first home game after a long trip is always a dud, we need to take advantage of that or something's really rotten in the state of New Jersey.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:05 PM
NC107*

Kovalchuk vs

kovalchuk vs Overchkon

Not even close

Old
02-24-2013, 08:06 PM
VaxjoDevil

Old
02-24-2013, 08:11 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

I'm not worrying yet, but this team needs to get their **** together.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:12 PM
MadDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I really don't get why Josefson was re-promoted so soon, especially since they didn't need a center per se. Why not Matt Anderson again? He was fine in his two games.
Does it really matter? They're both fourth liners who bring about the same amount to the table. The only real difference is Josefson is a better skater.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Quote:
I really don't get why Josefson was re-promoted so soon, especially since they didn't need a center per se. Why not Matt Anderson again? He was fine in his two games. People can ***** about YaYo not getting a chance offensively, he's not doing anything DEFENSIVELY to write home about. He's been part of the worst PK in the universe the last month.
There is hope that Josefson can turn it on and produce despite showing zero signs that he is capable of doing so. I'm hoping he goes right back to Albany once the team is healthy.

I also want to see Marty start a bunch of games in a row once his soreness goes away. Moose is clearly a better goaltender when used sporadically, while Brodeur needs to play consecutive games to get in a groove.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:22 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

This game:

Old
02-24-2013, 08:25 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
This game:

I agree.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
They stink and I don't like them
GTF outta here with that avatar pic. No way that's real.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:41 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

I hope we even the score on Thursday.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

I wasn't serious. If he was bad then he deserves to sit if that's the way the it is. I didn't watch the game, was on a flight to FL.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:51 PM
apice3*

Team is slumping. Nothing more.

We do need to add a top 6 forward, though.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:51 PM
MauDevils

Josefson -2...picking up right where he left off.

Buttler on our top line is a head scratcher.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

I have to say for a random game against the Jets. That was a good crowd. Real proud with how packed The Rock is. Also seems more fans are starting to not tolerate the random Rags suck songs when we are playing the Jets. Couple drunks tried to get the you know the rangers suck song going but got drowned out by Let's go Devils. Save the Rags suck stuff for Rags games. Like we seem to slowly be turning a corner on those antics.

Definitely need some healthy Marty back in there. Moose is having a rough time of it right now. Needs to stay in the damn net. Not that he got a ton of help but couple of those he should of stopped (4th goal just shouldn't have happened.)

I stand by what I said yesterday. Panic button means you believe that fundamentally this roster is flawed and incapable of performing and our only hope is Lou magic.

We have the roster, talent, and coaches to win lots of hockey games. We have shown it already. It's all lack if execution and energy really, confidence too. Also when it rains it pours because crap officiating and stupid bounces don't help, but that always seems to be the way when you are in a funk. We just need to get back to basics and execute for 60 mins. Overall it looked better in the 1st. Gave up a quick stinker but then answered back.

The thing that does alarm me is how poorly we have responded to back breaks recently. Ok the PK and Moose let in a couple of clunkers. Still plenty of time. Fight bank and pick your teammates up. Something we did a ton of last year and were doing earlier this year. Now though when we have a bad break in the 2nd we seem to just regress into a shell and allow things to spiral out of control and not show enough urgency to fight back.

That is alarming and Pete needs to fix that.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Clarkson needs to stop trying to deke around defenders on the rush. There's been a handful of times the past couple of games where he's just miserably failed and gotten the puck knocked off his stick.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:00 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDevil View Post
Does it really matter? They're both fourth liners who bring about the same amount to the table. The only real difference is Josefson is a better skater.
Josefson wasn't ready to come back. One or two games down there wasn't going to get him ready. Why bother sending him down in the first place and publicly say he needs to get his confidence back, if you're just going to recall him five days later? He didn't get confidence in five days. Call up a fill-in, especially when the fill-in looked a lot better than the guy you're currently playing.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Team is slumping. Nothing more.

We do need to add a top 6 forward, though.
Unless you consider Zubs one it isn't going to happen. Price is going to be a steep package that would need high level draft picks we don't have to give away. Doesn't matter anyway way as another forward up top wont change the fact our centers are in major funks. Top lines are hurting because Zajac and Henrique have been invisible.

Maybe a top 9 who is a step above Poni. 3rd liner who with the right line mates that can do quality work on a higher line. I still don't think it's a bad thing. Carter and Zubs back in and Barch out not bad when certain guys get back into their groove.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:04 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
I have to say for a random game against the Jets. That was a good crowd. Real proud with how packed The Rock is. Also seems more fans are starting to not tolerate the random Rags suck songs when we are playing the Jets. Couple drunks tried to get the you know the rangers suck song going but got drowned out by Let's go Devils. Save the Rags suck stuff for Rags games. Like we seem to slowly be turning a corner on those antics.
I think some people tried to get Rangers Suck going on the second goal chant, which makes no sense but Jets Suck really doesn't rhyme or go with the song itself. Hell, people were chanting Sanchez Sucks on the first one. But yeah it wasn't as prevalent. Maybe all the kids being there (it was one of the kid voucher games, and on the weekend) helped in that regard though.

It was a good crowd, not a sellout. That number was juiced a little bit. And it was the first bit of 'dissatisfaction' that's been shown this year (at least the games I've been at, I wasn't at Ottawa or Carolina) with the booing towards the end of the game.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:06 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

They could use a third-line center who can penalty kill and win some faceoffs too. Then again, that means Henrique or Gionta has to move to wing, the latter would be problematic if you have any hope of reuniting CBGB when they 'can' go back to being the fourth line.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:12 PM
Devils1029

10 Reasons why the past two weeks have not been kind to NJ

Clarkson coming back down to Earth
3rd and 4th lines playing like 4th lines
Zajac being MIA for way too many games
Henrique suffering in a sophmore slump
Moose playing like a 39 yr old goaltender
Our old, low, un-mobile defense showing how old, slow, and un-mobile they are.
PDB having to constantly juggle lines looking for a spark
in-experienced refs looking very inexperienced
injuries to Zubie and Carter (although opening space for Lokti and Butler to get a look-see)
Realizing the depth we thought we had on D was just more mediocrity that likely is no help at all.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:14 PM
njdevil26

At the end of the day, the Devils are 10-9 and trending downward. The defense looks SLOW and absolutely incapable of clearing the zone. Mark Fayne, Anton Volchenkov, and Bryce Salvador have absolutely no breakout ability.

I honestly forgot Josefson was playing by the second period.

Elias-Zajac-Clarkson looked good. Keep them together. PLEASE PETE I BEG OF YOU JUST TRY HENRIQUE-LOKTIONOV-KOVALCHUK FOR ONE GAME. PLEASE.

I'm finished with the Barch experiment. The Devils are not playing inspired, fiery, emotional hockey. The days of staged fights in the NHL are over. Every time Barch fights it's out of nowhere and completely ruins the flow of the game. When everyone's healthy, Carter, Bernier, Clarkson, Volchenkov, and Salvador can be tough. We don't need a goon.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
I think some people tried to get Rangers Suck going on the second goal chant, which makes no sense but Jets Suck really doesn't rhyme or go with the song itself. Hell, people were chanting Sanchez Sucks on the first one. But yeah it wasn't as prevalent. Maybe all the kids being there (it was one of the kid voucher games, and on the weekend) helped in that regard though.

It was a good crowd, not a sellout. That number was juiced a little bit. And it was the first bit of 'dissatisfaction' that's been shown this year (at least the games I've been at, I wasn't at Ottawa or Carolina) with the booing towards the end of the game.
Ya there definitely seemed to be some confusion on what to do with the goal chant when we scored. Jets suck and Winnipeg sucks both don't roll off the tongue.

Definite uproar over the refs deciding to get involved in the game late in the 3rd as well. Might of been juiced, but every sports venue does that. I've definitely seen far worse crowds for a low-profile out of division Sunday game. Team just didn't give us a reason to cheer much. No big hits, not much sustained pressure, not big saves.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:15 PM
RJK

how about nobody "sucks" i mean what is this 1998? carter will push JJ back to albany. he's a year or two away imo. Loki is way better in 3 games with guys he's never played with before.

http://www.facebook.com/DevilsFansOutsideOfNewJersey

Closed Thread