HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks 1, Blue Jackets 0

Old
02-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

vCash: 500
I have not worn any Blackhawks swag yet this season. Until they lose. I might have to moth ball them.

Wasted Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Frenchman

http://www.didtheblackhawksgetashutout.com/

The Frenchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
I don't see why everyone is crapping their pants over the game tomorrow against Edmonton. They're 7-7-3 on the year and have only scored 20 goals at even strength through 17 games. That's atrocious.
Last year they were even worse and they still skated circles around us in every game.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:51 PM
Oh_so_saad

We should have lost not enough face offs won

Oh_so_saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:51 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Last year they were even worse and they still skated circles around us in every game.
Our team defense and goaltending were horrendous last year, and our forwards weren't exactly up to par either. Not saying the Hawks are gonna roll them, but everyone else seems to be penciling that game in as a loss already.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:53 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I was worried about the Edmonton game before the season started, but not anymore. The team defense has been great and the goaltenders have been there when we've needed them. Chicago should get tons of chances tomorrow, as long as they bury a few, they should be fine.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Our team defense and goaltending were horrendous last year, and our forwards weren't exactly up to par either. Not saying the Hawks are gonna roll them, but everyone else seems to be penciling that game in as a loss already.
It's all seemed pretty tongue-in-cheek to me.

A lot of people have been predicting this streak is going to end with an upset against a bottom-feeder, and which one would be better than the bottom-feeder that consistently pulled off upset wins against us last year?

As long as we don't allow Sam Gretzky an 8 point night, I don't really care what happens tomorrow.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Slvrbullet87

This team looks so much different than the last few years. They are winning low scoring games instead of just trying to outscore opponents. It is great to watch. So many tense moments and so far nobody can crack the defense and put up more than 2. 18 games in and only two teams have put up more than two goals.

It would be nice to see the Hawks come out and just burn somebody 7-2 in the next couple of weeks.

Slvrbullet87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Last years Hawks Defence and Goaltending just allowed a really bad Oilers team to just carve them up, that's not gonna happen this year. Alot of posters myself included just kinda made the reference to last year cuz they embarrassed us so bad, but the way the Hawks are right now and add in the fact that they would like a little revenge I'm not worried. Course we do have to lose at some time.......or do we?

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:04 PM
sketch22

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't see why everyone is crapping their pants over the game tomorrow against Edmonton. They're 7-7-3 on the year and have only scored 20 goals at even strength through 17 games. That's atrocious.
Because the last couple of years the Hawks have no showed in games against them.

sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:06 PM
Jean Ralphio

Quote:
Oilers fan here that agrees with you.

I remember in both the 9-2 and 8-4 games in Edmonton, Crawford and Emery both let in some bad goals. From what I've seen this year just on highlights, both are playing well, especially Crawford. Your team defence seems to be more solid and your offence is firing on all cylinders.

The Oilers inability to score 5-on-5 has been extremely perplexing, and it has cost us multiple games as expected. Couple that with the fact that we'll be missing our main offensive catalyst in Taylor Hall, and I don't expect the Oilers to put up a game like they did last year against the 'Hawks.

Hopefully it's a good game though, and congrats on the streak.

Jean Ralphio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:08 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22 View Post
Because the last couple of years the Hawks have no showed in games against them.
Obviously, I realize that. I remember Gagner's 8 point night as well as anyone else, but the difference between this team and the team that we saw the last two years is night and day. Better defense, better goaltending, and most importantly, better coaching.

The Hawks will win tomorrow as long as they stay out of the box. If they take as many penalties as they did tonight, Edmonton will roll over us.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:10 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvrbullet87 View Post
This team looks so much different than the last few years. They are winning low scoring games instead of just trying to outscore opponents. It is great to watch. So many tense moments and so far nobody can crack the defense and put up more than 2. 18 games in and only two teams have put up more than two goals.

It would be nice to see the Hawks come out and just burn somebody 7-2 in the next couple of weeks.
Do we have the Coyotes coming up any time soon?

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Central PA Hawk Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
I have not worn any Blackhawks swag yet this season. Until they lose. I might have to moth ball them.
lol, I busted out my swag right before....Flames game. Suffice to say, its been back in the closet ever since. See what I get for trying to show pride in my team? That scared me straight.

Central PA Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:40 PM
clydesdale line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
Last years Hawks Defence and Goaltending just allowed a really bad Oilers team to just carve them up
That and the Oilers were the much faster team. They are probably still the faster team, but the Hawks overall team speed has improved dramatically with guys that can skate and the slower guys leaving the team. Now, there still is cause for concern as this will be the 3rd game in 4 nights for the Hawks. Last time they had that, they looked like crap against Calgary and of course Emery played out of his mind.

clydesdale line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central PA Hawk Fan View Post
lol, I busted out my swag right before....Flames game. Suffice to say, its been back in the closet ever since. See what I get for trying to show pride in my team? That scared me straight.
That is what I was feeling. i was going to wear a sweatshirt and didn't want to mess with the streak. After they lose I will wear some. But at playoff time I will not wear any swag.

Wasted Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:59 PM
IndianHeadSweater

Just got back from the game. It wasn't a super-exciting game by any stretch, but there were a number of good chances each way, so it wasn't really boring either. Crawford certainly deserved being the first start tonight. To come back after a long hiatus and shut them out? Great effort. The Hawks' only goal was a thing of beauty. The streak continues, though. Incredible start to the season.

IndianHeadSweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:09 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
Smart move would be to come back with Ray-Ray tomorrow and have Crawfish ready for the Blues IMO.
Zero chance the Hawks use Crawford in back to back games considering he's coming back from an injury and Ray hasn't lot a game in Chicago since he signed two years ago.

I doubt there's any thought of Crawford coming back tomorrow.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:17 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
Zero chance the Hawks use Crawford in back to back games considering he's coming back from an injury and Ray hasn't lot a game in Chicago since he signed two years ago.

I doubt there's any thought of Crawford coming back tomorrow.
That's one side of it. The other side of it is that Crawford's fresh and hasn't played in a week and a bit.

Personally, I'd rather have Crawford go tomorrow but I'd be fine with either choice.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:43 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

lol, streak continues. I'd love to get the next record and taking it away from the Flyers. They were what, 32 games without a loss in regulation?

feels weird to see the next SO for Crawford. Him being #1 star while Mason is #2 star is more weird

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:00 AM
Godlike13

Glad they got the W, but it was ugly. Lot of sloppy play, not much energy, and some guys were trying to be way too pretty out there. If it wasn't the Jackets this probably would have been a very ugly game with that performance.

Still Crawford and the D came up big, awesome to see Crawford get the shutdown in his first game back from injury. That bodes well. And Shaw! Man, Scrappy Doo just continues to impress. What a thing to see.

Godlike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 05:26 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Shaw looks even better when you think about his draft position

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 06:06 AM
Godlike13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Shaw looks even better when you think about his draft position

Godlike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 07:45 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

I wish the ducks would start losing so we could really start pulling ahead. Would Venice to do what the Spurs are doing this year and sit a star or 2 every once and awhile to keep them all rested and injury free.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote