Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Don't Question Kane's Passion

Old
02-24-2013, 07:10 PM
puck stoppa

vCash: 500
Don't Question Kane's Passion

Evander Kane sure takes a lot of heat in this town and on this forum. I have to ask, does anyone play with more heart on this team more than Kane? He has played with such passion on this road trip and is showing that he gives a damn about winning!

He sure takes a lot of heat for his off ice behavior, but to be honest who gives a damn. Randy Carlyle was a jerk off the ice when he played here but now he's a hero. Kane is a cocky kid with an edge but his on ice performance has been stellar. He is confident, but so was Patrick Roy, as long as they can back it up on the ice then that's all that matters.

I certainly see why some people question his off ice behavior but I am not one of them. His play on the ice says it all, he plays hard, with passion, hits, fights, scores and loves to win. He is getting better in many areas and trust me, THIS GUY WILL BE AN ELITE PLAYER FOR YEARS. I just hope fans focus on his play as he gets older rather than his off ice actions. GO EVANDER!

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:12 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

vCash: 50
Ladd plays with more passion. And I don't like Ladd.

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:13 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

I was wondering how he'd play after signing the big contract. Hits everything in sight (somewhere around 15th in the leauge), putting up lots of points, isn't afraid to drop the mitts, and has the longest point streak in the NHL.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Boreal

Evander Kane is a stud. Without question a franchise cornerstone. You build around him and Bogosian as you chase a championship.

Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:21 PM
tntkid

Of course Kane is a fantastic player regardless of his cockiness of the ice.

When he matures & loses the arrogant attitude he will become twice the player he is now & a possible future captain.

Nobody is trying to run him out of town they just want him to have a better attitude & be more of a team player.

tntkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntkid View Post
Of course Kane is a fantastic player regardless of his cockiness of the ice.

When he matures & loses the arrogant attitude he will become twice the player he is now & a possible future captain.

Nobody is trying to run him out of town they just want him to have a better attitude & be more of a team player.
Honestly I'd like to know what his team mates think of him 'on the ice'. I bet they would heap legitimate praise on him.

02-24-2013, 07:27 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1235
Kane will get his love, as long as he keeps playing like he has been. He has been working hard and skates like the wind. He will be a 30+ goal scorer the rest of his career. If he gets a true #1 center he will be a 40+ guy.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Huffer

Love his play this year for sure. He's been great.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:34 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
Love Kane. That is all.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:34 PM
sully1410

Preach brother!

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:19 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

vCash: 204
He's young making millions a year to play hockey, who gives a **** how arrogant he is off the ice as long as he's burying the puck in the net.

I like Kane as a Jet and I hope he sticks around for awhile.

He's got speed, he hits, and a sniper shot, we need players like him.

ajmidd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:20 PM
bazaaa*

I've never really liked Kane, but he is converting me. He is 5x better this year than he was last year. If he can get a bit more vision, and get rid of his stupid turn and pass/shoot at the net, he'll be a top player in the league.

bazaaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:23 PM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Evander Kane sure takes a lot of heat in this town and on this forum. I have to ask, does anyone play with more heart on this team more than Kane? He has played with such passion on this road trip and is showing that he gives a damn about winning!

He sure takes a lot of heat for his off ice behavior, but to be honest who gives a damn. Randy Carlyle was a jerk off the ice when he played here but now he's a hero. Kane is a cocky kid with an edge but his on ice performance has been stellar. He is confident, but so was Patrick Roy, as long as they can back it up on the ice then that's all that matters.

I certainly see why some people question his off ice behavior but I am not one of them. His play on the ice says it all, he plays hard, with passion, hits, fights, scores and loves to win. He is getting better in many areas and trust me, THIS GUY WILL BE AN ELITE PLAYER FOR YEARS. I just hope fans focus on his play as he gets older rather than his off ice actions. GO EVANDER!
Isn't the reason Kane takes heat because he does bring it on the ice, but seems about as mature as a 13 year kid who finds a pack of smokes in back alley off the ice?

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:08 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

he will NEVER be a captain....he could score 100 goals in a year and he will not be a captain.

he has stepped up his play for sure this year....and he clearly has some raw talent.....i'd still trade him, because i think we could get a lot more than he is worth to the team right now....not that he isnt valuable, but his stock is higher than his worth in my opinion....

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:15 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
he will NEVER be a captain....he could score 100 goals in a year and he will not be a captain.

he has stepped up his play for sure this year....and he clearly has some raw talent.....i'd still trade him, because i think we could get a lot more than he is worth to the team right now....not that he isnt valuable, but his stock is higher than his worth in my opinion....
The bolded part is stupid. There is NO way to project how a player will mature. 10 years from now I think he'll be a totally individual than he is now. Imagine the difference in most people between 21 and 31 years old. Could he be a captain? Certainly.

I don't think he will be the Jets captain, but I certainly wouldn't say its not possible. Frankly, when I listen to him in interviews his maturity has double since last year. If that continues I'd have no problem with him wearing the C one day.

My point is merely that I think its stupid to write a kid off at 21-22 years of age.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:17 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Go Kane Go

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Mooche

Quote:

Never be a captain? That's a ridiculous statement..

He's 21 years old. He has plenty of time to mature off the ice. The way he throws the body, battles for lose pucks, and his overall compete level on the ice is so valuable to the Jets. I'm not saying that he will without a doubt captain this team, but it's not fair to write him off in his fourth season in the league. He will develop on and off the ice, and I can't wait to see what he has to offer a few years down the road.

Mooche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:22 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

NEVER be a captain? What the **** gives you the right to say that about a 21 year old

GermanJetsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:23 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post

My point is merely that I think its stupid to write a kid off at 21-22 years of age.
i think WAAAAAAY too much is said about kane's age....you are the same personality type at 22 and 32....your basic character doesn't change...captains are not simply the guy who scores the most goals....they are leaders....that personality grows and matures, but it doesnt appear out of nowhere.

bogosian as an example is also 22 and he has the personality that will mature into being a captain.

are there any examples of a player who had Kane's personality type after 4 years in the league and matured to become an NHL captain?

even disregarding his off ice demeanour...i don't see his on ice character as that of a captain....he's generally one dimensional and not terribly aware of his teammates on the ice....a great player for sure, but not a rounded player like a captain usually is.

Last edited by peter sullivan: 02-24-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old
02-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Mooche

Quote:
i think WAAAAAAY too much is said about kane's age....you are the same personality type at 22 and 32....your basic character doesn't change...captains are not simply the guy who scores the most goals....they are leaders....that personality grows and matures, but it doesnt appear out of nowhere.

bogosian as an example is also 22 and he has the personality that will mature into being a captain.

This is just so wrong, man.

Mooche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:27 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

incredibly wrong.

yea... a 32 year old person is just the same guy as he was 10 years ago.

Yes, maybe he will still love hip hop and urban culture and will like to enjoy his life. What in hell has that to do with being a leader of a hockey team?

GermanJetsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:37 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Kane will be a captain at some point in his career. Right now he's just playing hockey and enjoying life. Playing pretty good this season also.

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:41 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

just saying i'm wrong doesn't make me wrong.....prove me wrong.....give me a player example where their personality fundamentally changed to become captains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rnate_captains
here is a list of current captains....

to be a captain you need to be a leader with your play and have the respect of your coach and teammates....Noel benched Kane in the very first game he ever played for him.

you don't become a leader, you are born with it....kane is a talented but selfish player....it is is essence.

not a leader.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:41 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 942
I think ON THE ICE Kane displays a number of leadership traits. He leads by example in pretty much everything he does ON THE ICE. He works his tail off at both ends of the ice, he plays physical, he stands up for himself and teammates. The coach asks him to kill penalties, he becomes one of our better penalty killers immediately.

Quote:
just saying i'm wrong doesn't make me wrong.....prove me wrong.....give me a player example where their personality fundamentally changed to become captains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rnate_captains
here is a list of current captains....

to be a captain you need to be a leader with your play and have the respect of your coach and teammates....Noel benched Kane in the very first game he ever played for him.

you don't become a leader, you are born with it....kane is a talented but selfish player....it is is essence.

not a leader.
I see parallels between Kane and Ovi if you're diminishing him based on off ice antics. There was a major ****storm surrounding Ovi for playing rock music and banging hot chicks.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooche View Post

This is just so wrong, man.
I am a completely different person from who I was in my 20's. But I'm glad to see that Peter has
the rest of humanity figured out.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote