Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Soccer
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves II

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 10:24 AM
villevalo

vCash: 500
I've seen a fair bit of chatter surrounding a few deals between us and Barca, both ways, maybe a trade in guys come summer.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
A lot of talk in the "Barça" papers for Wednesday. Sounds like it comes from other Spanish sources, but this is where I saw them.

From SPORT:

-Ronaldo could leave Madrid when his contract is up so his agent Jorge Mendes can sell him off to the highest bidder. Florentino Perez, who is up for election again this Summer, could sell him and go after Isco, Silva, Cazorla, Carvajal and Bale. Neymar would be a possibility, but apparently he'd have to pay Santos and Barça both 50 million. Also reports that Mourinho has already agreed to leave in the Summer for 10 million.

From Mundo Deportivo:

-So Bild (I assume it's Bild, says "Sport Bild" in the article) did an interview with Hoeness about the Guardiola signing. Rummenigge met with Pep some time last Fall in Barcelona. Pep's brother and agent was in Munich "several times" as well. Hoeness met with Guardiola on Dec 20th and had a three hour conversation after which Pep apparently asked "do I sign now?" Hoeness had a contract signed by Rummenigge with him. During the conversation Pep told Hoeness he'd seen all Bayern's televised matches since August and had questions about training and relationships with the press. Hoeness said they talked tactics as well and Pep was very knowledgeable. He said "barely a moment had passed and I knew he was the perfect coach for us." Same day, and I guess Pep invited him to the Four Seasons, Sir Alex was there as well and wanted to say "hi" to Hoeness, but he didn't know Hoeness was meeting with Pep.

-Mourinho made a whirlwind trip to London on either Sunday or Monday.
Why would RM pay Barca 50 millions to Barca for Neymar?

Old
02-21-2013, 11:24 AM
cgf

Because they should Barca for not recruiting him away from Real, duh.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Why would RM pay Barca 50 millions to Barca for Neymar?
Speculation is he already signed a pre-contract with barca, which real would need to buy out.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:16 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Seems Begovic is cleared for United with personal terms agreed upon. Someone heard the Finnish (pay)tv commentator mention it during the halftime of Fulham-Stoke.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Jp20

sanchez reportedly moving to juve in the summer for about 18 million. juve has also secured the rights to llorente.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:43 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp20 View Post
sanchez reportedly moving to juve in the summer for about 18 million. juve has also secured the rights to llorente.
Hope Sanchez has better luck at Juventus if this is true. Villa and Tello have been much more efficient. Besides, Barcelona are going to need to bring up Deulofeu next season and get Cuenca back from loan.

And what if Neymar comes?

LW
Villa
Neymar
Tello

RW
Pedro
Cuenca
Deulofeu

Old
02-24-2013, 11:54 AM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Hope Sanchez has better luck at Juventus if this is true. Villa and Tello have been much more efficient. Besides, Barcelona are going to need to bring up Deulofeu next season and get Cuenca back from loan.

LW
Villa
Neymar
Tello

RW
Pedro
Cuenca
Deulofeu

I don't think Neymar comes to Barcelona to play behind Villa.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:54 AM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp20 View Post
Excellent move by Juventus and by Barcelona to get cash for someone who just isn't cutting it at Barca.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:56 AM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
You've gotta figure that if Anzhi keep hitting his release clause, eventually they might also convince him to take the money.
Messi doesn't need the money. He's not that type of player. He's very reserved. Quite happy being paid as a top top footballer at a top top club. He grew up with a lot of those players and in that area. If Messi moves it will be when he's being pushed out of the club by some young stud but I honestly think Barcelona will keep Messi until the end just like United with Giggsy/Scholes.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I don't think Neymar comes to Barcelona to play behind Villa.
I agree completely, I just threw him on top because this is all speculation. And if Neymar did come I would think Villa is out the door right after Sanchez.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:58 AM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Arsenal need to get a manager with more urgency and bring in top class players like they used to while still developing their own.

Gonalons is money though.
No. Arsenal need to keep Wenger. 2nd best manager in the EPL hands down.

Arsenal will go back to spending when the stadium is fully paid off. They are not a club to spend more than they take in. I'm a huge huge United supporter but I guarantee Arsenal will be back stronger than ever in a few seasons if not sooner as long as they stick by Wenger.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Messi doesn't need the money. He's not that type of player. He's very reserved. Quite happy being paid as a top top footballer at a top top club. He grew up with a lot of those players and in that area. If Messi moves it will be when he's being pushed out of the club by some young stud but I honestly think Barcelona will keep Messi until the end just like United with Giggsy/Scholes.

Messi has expressed some desire to go back to Argentina and play for Newell's Old Boys after he's done with Barcelona. I hope that time is far off from now though.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:25 PM
Jp20

Quote:
Excellent move by Juventus and by Barcelona to get cash for someone who just isn't cutting it at Barca.
would be exactly what sanchez needs to go back to serie A.IMO if he can replay what he did in udinese then juventus will be one of the most dangerous clubs in the world. on a side note :juve has the best chilean players (im chilean myself)

Old
02-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Jp20

llorente and sanchez could make a very good duo together. with the speed of sanchez. i dont know much about llorente but i know that he is a very good header. they could proabably click very well together

Old
02-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:

LW
Villa
Neymar
Tello

RW
Pedro
Cuenca
Deulofeu

I think we should sell Cuenca, not good enough and will not get playing time if we were to get Neymar.

About your other comment, I don't know about selling Villa, I think he still has it but Tito is not giving him chances to really establish as a regular in the line-up every game, wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to move.
Deulofeu is going to be reaaaaaaaaaaally good player for years to come.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:31 PM
cgf

Quote:
I think it might happen in like 5 years, when Xaviesta have retired and Messi himself is starting to approach the slow down like Eto'o. I think Kerimov and Roberto Carlos are building an eventual CL winner in Dagestan, and when some of his buddies have already retired and Barca's bringing in some young stars, I could see Messi go to Anzhi to make crazy money for a few years will being a part of something pretty cool.

Old
02-24-2013, 06:58 PM
XO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Seems Begovic is cleared for United with personal terms agreed upon. Someone heard the Finnish (pay)tv commentator mention it during the halftime of Fulham-Stoke.
I'm confused.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que View Post
I'm confused.
Don't listen to the Finnish TV men

I haven't heard this anywhere.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:20 PM
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Don't listen to the Finnish TV men

I haven't heard this anywhere.
I guess.. just seem odd to spend to spend 10-15m on another keeper when we already have De Gea, Lindegaard and Amos. Neither De Gea or Begovic would be happy to sit on the bench either.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:55 PM
awesomo
HARD!

I dont believe it. DDG have had clean sheets in 3/4 matches right now. The defense have tighted up and hes made show stopping saves when needed.

DDG isnt going anywhere. Unless its to Madrid and 55m for Ronaldo.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
I dont believe it. DDG have had clean sheets in 3/4 matches right now. The defense have tighted up and hes made show stopping saves when needed.

DDG isnt going anywhere. Unless its to Madrid and 55m for Ronaldo.
De Gea isn't suited for the premier league and lost a title for them already. With Barca looking for a keeper, and most likely willing to pony up, why not? His value has dipped since coming to Man Utd anyways.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:32 PM
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
De Gea isn't suited for the premier league and lost a title for them already. With Barca looking for a keeper, and most likely willing to pony up, why not? His value has dipped since coming to Man Utd anyways.
And you only read the papers and don't actually watch the games, right? because the media clearly has an agenda on De Gea for some reason.

De Gea is 22 years old and already got shot-stopping ability as good as most of the very best goalkeepers in the world. While I agree that he still have some flaws in the physical regard you'd have to be to blind not to see the improvement he has already made since the first half of last season.

Plus, he moved to a different country with a whole different culture not only off the pitch, but also on the pitch, so you don't have to be Einstein to figure out that it'll take some time to adjust, especially when he's a goalkeeper (which is the most exposed position) in the biggest club in the world.

De Gea is here to stay and I'd be really pissed if we let him go just to buy Begovic, who's a very good keeper as well to be honest, but De Gea has way higher ceiling in my opinion.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Theon
Registered Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
The entire team collapsed last season, saying DDG (on his rookie year) was the only one behind it is ridiculous. You say that he's not suited for the PL, yet his team is leading the league by 12 points and he's a huge reason behind it. Not to mention he's like 23 and already establishing himself as one of the best shot stoppers in the world. United won't sell him but if he wants to leave, you can bet teams will be lining up to sign him. It won't be Barca, read somewhere they have a pre-contract on place with ter-Stegen already. David is an Atletico boy so its unlikely he'll join Real either.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:57 PM
awesomo
HARD!

If DDG can fully adapt to the physicality of the English game, he will be the greatest keeper in the world.

Yea thats right i said it.

Closed Thread