HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Avs @ Ducks 6 PM MST || Luck always seems like it belongs to someone else.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2013, 09:57 PM
  #501
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate
 
Zih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 2,300
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Alright, who'd I lose my Avatar to for (hopefully) the next week?
You're in the clear. If Zanon-Hunwick could've held on for 6 more seconds you'd be at my mercy

Zih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:57 PM
  #502
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 21,763
vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs21 View Post
All because we took a timeout. I get it.
sleeping with sacco is bad for your health

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:58 PM
  #503
dahrougem2
Registered User
 
dahrougem2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 1,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs21 View Post
So Hedja and Barrie would mean a guaranteed PK kill?
Lol sure is better than Zanon and Hunwick, not sure why you're going one against the world here bud you seem to be the lone wolf here in this whole Sacco debate

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:59 PM
  #504
Pirate Deadpool
Sacco must go
 
Pirate Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 130
Suicide seems like a better option than enduring this thing called being an avs fan.

Pirate Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:00 PM
  #505
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,440
vCash: 250
The blame the refs thing is getting old, these refs don't have an agend against the avs. It's fine to complain about the refs once in a whole but not every game and every call, some of you sound like Canuck fans.

JS was solid, especially considering he hasn't played a lot and the off ice stuff. Always a professional love him. He did have a sort of bad goal, on the tying goal but he made some key saves to bail the avs out. The one where Stastny left middle of the ice stands out.

Barrie was very good, the best thing is I don't notice him in the defensive zone which means he isn't making a lot of mistakes. Can't wait to have EJ back, I want to see then together.

LolElliott is bad and this is killing his confidence. Send him down before this kid gets ruined for life.

Stastny line was fantastic in the first which like the redid the avs but it was more the ducks being rusty. Stastny setup jones with a beautiful saucer pass but he couldn't finish. Stastny defensive was great but he did have a couple of defensive lapses one was not taking the passing lane on the pp that lead to the 2nd goal I think. The other was mentioned above leaving his man all alone in front of JS but luck jiggy saved him. Other than that he was great defensively and who complains about him today is a harsh man. Oh yea he did miss an open net but that goes without saying.

Duchene's line much like Stastny was good in the 1st but fizzled out later in the game. Duchene hasn't shown that jump he has in the past 3 games. The avs have a light schedule coming that should be good for him. They still weren't bad tonight just not as good as before. Duchene himself was also solid defensively and saved a goal on the 5 on 3. I believe.

Mcloed man is this guy having a season. I w's ready to cut ties with him but he is playing his role perfectly so far this year. Good thing he didn't get hurt too bad today.

The best part of the game was seeing bordaleau over extent his shift and I thought for sure he was going to finish it off with a retarded mistake especially when he had the puck down low in the Dzone but he actually drew a penalty on perry. Classic.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:00 PM
  #506
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Im almost certain duchenes been hurt since the STL game
Based on what. Just because he's had two games that have just been ok at best doesn't mean he's hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
lol.
You expect anything different?

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:01 PM
  #507
Pirate Deadpool
Sacco must go
 
Pirate Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs21 View Post
I could care less what Sacco does. This team is not winning anything and it's laughable that you think it is. The reason we suck is because Sherman has failed to do his job of putting at least a competant NHL team together. The defense he has put together is laughable. That is not on Sacco.
I hate sherm the worm and scratcho. I just hope this team goes on a brutal losing stretch and gets at least a top 2 pick. This team is desperate for at least one more elite talent. And I hope they go for talent over character this time out.

Pirate Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:03 PM
  #508
rpontbriand
Registered User
 
rpontbriand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,152
vCash: 500
Well, one of the few positives of the game was Barrie IMO. Very impressed on how poised he was with the puck in his own end and getting it out of traffic. I think he is starting to get it.

rpontbriand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:04 PM
  #509
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 21,763
vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Based on what.


You expect anything different?
the third period of that game. He was laboring after a check. He hasn't had his usual jump the last few games. Looks timidout there.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:05 PM
  #510
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,823
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by The U View Post
I hate sherm the worm and scratcho. I just hope this team goes on a brutal losing stretch and gets at least a top 2 pick. This team is desperate for at least one more elite talent. And I hope they go for talent over character this time out.
This. But unfortunately it will not happen.
Just imagine what a Jones, MacKinnon and maybe most of all a Drouin could do for this team.
But Varly and Giggy will not allow it.

And I hate it. Nothing worse than being a bad team that ends up with the 9th or 10th pick.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:06 PM
  #511
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!
 
RobinDIF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,288
vCash: 500
I think Sacco makes alot of weird decisions very often.

But blaming for playing anyone out of Zanon, Hejda, O'Byrne, Hunwick, Elliott or Barrie in certains situations is laughable.

This is our defenseman-core. He has to play two of them all the time. It's not like one of them is miles better than the other. It's not like he put Elliott and Barrie together on the PK.

RobinDIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:06 PM
  #512
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 21,763
vCash: 291
I think I want drouin

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:07 PM
  #513
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled
 
NothingLikeAnEJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,280
vCash: 50
God damn we suck

NothingLikeAnEJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:08 PM
  #514
BrickAHL
#NotUs
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,891
vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
I think I want drouin
I'll be happy with any of the big 3 but if I had to choose it would be Seth Jones for me.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:08 PM
  #515
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
the third period of that game. He was laboring after a check. He hasn't had his usual jump the last few games. Looks timidout there.
Maybe that initial burst has just worn off. He wasn't gonna stay in beast mode all season.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:12 PM
  #516
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 18,684
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
I think I want drouin
I don't know if they're sucking enough to land him.

I cringe at the thought of finishing on the bubble this year. Unless we win the lottery that is.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:12 PM
  #517
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 28,915
vCash: 50
Our special teams need a lot of work. They are bottom ten in both PK and PP and it's well deserved.

It seems every team knows we are very stationary and not all that good with the puck on the PP so they put a lot of pressure on the puck carrier and we normally cough it up after two-three passes, if we even get get into the zone.

On PK we give up the blue line too easily and never has any pressure on the points, so it's basically a shooting gallery with teams crashing our net. Some of our forwards do a decent job, but it's way too passive in general.

Avs won't go anywhere as long as we are bottom three (counting both PK and PP) in the league when it comes to special teams.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:12 PM
  #518
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,850
vCash: 905
Guys! Listen up!

The Flaming/Trolling that's going on in here needs to STOP, and I mean right now!

We're ALL on the same side, we're all unhappy about the outcome, but don't be taking it out on each other, understood?

This will be the ONLY Warning I issue on this, and if other Mods have to come in here and clean things up, I will not be happy about that.

__________________


Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:17 PM
  #519
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
The blame the refs thing is getting old, these refs don't have an agend against the avs. It's fine to complain about the refs once in a whole but not every game and every call, some of you sound like Canuck fans.

JS was solid, especially considering he hasn't played a lot and the off ice stuff. Always a professional love him. He did have a sort of bad goal, on the tying goal but he made some key saves to bail the avs out. The one where Stastny left middle of the ice stands out.

Barrie was very good, the best thing is I don't notice him in the defensive zone which means he isn't making a lot of mistakes. Can't wait to have EJ back, I want to see then together.

LolElliott is bad and this is killing his confidence. Send him down before this kid gets ruined for life.

Stastny line was fantastic in the first which like the redid the avs but it was more the ducks being rusty. Stastny setup jones with a beautiful saucer pass but he couldn't finish. Stastny defensive was great but he did have a couple of defensive lapses one was not taking the passing lane on the pp that lead to the 2nd goal I think. The other was mentioned above leaving his man all alone in front of JS but luck jiggy saved him. Other than that he was great defensively and who complains about him today is a harsh man. Oh yea he did miss an open net but that goes without saying.

Duchene's line much like Stastny was good in the 1st but fizzled out later in the game. Duchene hasn't shown that jump he has in the past 3 games. The avs have a light schedule coming that should be good for him. They still weren't bad tonight just not as good as before. Duchene himself was also solid defensively and saved a goal on the 5 on 3. I believe.

Mcloed man is this guy having a season. I w's ready to cut ties with him but he is playing his role perfectly so far this year. Good thing he didn't get hurt too bad today.

The best part of the game was seeing bordaleau over extent his shift and I thought for sure he was going to finish it off with a retarded mistake especially when he had the puck down low in the Dzone but he actually drew a penalty on perry. Classic.
I have yet to blame the refs for any of our losses this year until today, it was horrendous. The refs seriously gift wrapped 3 goals to the Ducks tonight including the one in OT, and the one that changed the game when we were playing well and up 2-0. Seriously how do you miss a blatant slash of stick where the dmans stick breaks and is left defenseless to a guy crashing the net who gets an easy tap in. And then they turn around and make the call they should have made against the Ducks on their first goal against the Avs in the third where Landy does hit the stick but the guy just throws it into the air which leads to the tying goal.

Granted its not the refs fault that we only fired one shot in the 3rd period, but lets get it right the refs were in control of this game, and were making calls that clearly affected the outcome of this one.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:19 PM
  #520
IceRat
#BallsOnTheTable
 
IceRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,202
vCash: 500
I didn't see the last 2 games (as much as I'm for the tank this season, I'd rather not watch it) ... how has the Skog looked since returning?

IceRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:19 PM
  #521
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 18,684
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I have yet to blame the refs for any of our losses this year until today, it was horrendous. The refs seriously gift wrapped 3 goals to the Ducks tonight including the one in OT, and the one that changed the game when we were playing well and up 2-0. Seriously how do you miss a blatant slash of stick where the dmans stick breaks and is left defenseless to a guy crashing the net who gets an easy tap in. And then they turn around and make the call they should have made against the Ducks on their first goal against the Avs in the third where Landy does hit the stick but the guy just throws it into the air which leads to the tying goal.

Granted its not the refs fault that we only fired one shot in the 3rd period, but lets get it right the refs were in control of this game, and were making calls that clearly affected the outcome of this one.

I thought there were some iffy calls and non calls in this game, but I've seen much worse. Outside of the Zanon non call that directly led to a goal, it wasn't all that different than a lot of games.

Like you said, the fact they could only generate enough pressure to fire one shot on goal in the 3rd was much more indicting.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:21 PM
  #522
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,329
vCash: 50
Elliott was good tonight.
Barrie was great.

I think the whole team played solid except special teams killed us once again. Seriously watching our PP is like watching 5 McLeods trying to be creative, just doesn't work.

I haven't blame the refs this season at all, but they were petty brutal tonight.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:22 PM
  #523
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,440
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I have yet to blame the refs for any of our losses this year until today, it was horrendous. The refs seriously gift wrapped 3 goals to the Ducks tonight including the one in OT, and the one that changed the game when we were playing well and up 2-0. Seriously how do you miss a blatant slash of stick where the dmans stick breaks and is left defenseless to a guy crashing the net who gets an easy tap in. And then they turn around and make the call they should have made against the Ducks on their first goal against the Avs in the third where Landy does hit the stick but the guy just throws it into the air which leads to the tying goal.

Granted its not the refs fault that we only fired one shot in the 3rd period, but lets get it right the refs were in control of this game, and were making calls that clearly affected the outcome of this one.
Same reason a linesman misses a blatant offside goal. In which the scoring player even stops, it happens you move on. Of course if this was the finals, I would be singing a different tune.

@ Seph Elliott was good? What game were you watching?

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:24 PM
  #524
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 18,684
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Elliott was good tonight.
Barrie was great.

I think the whole team played solid except special teams killed us once again. Seriously watching our PP is like watching 5 McLeods trying to be creative, just doesn't work.

I haven't blame the refs this season at all, but they were petty brutal tonight.
Yea, I've actually been very impressed with both of them, and I've been one of their bigger critics. Elliott has really settled his game down defensively, and is reading, and playing his position much better. He's still making a couple mistakes here and there like tonight, as is Barrie, but in general they've definitely both improved.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:25 PM
  #525
BrickAHL
#NotUs
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,891
vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Yea, I've actually been very impressed with both of them, and I've been one of their bigger critics. Elliott has really settled his game down defensively, and is reading, and playing his position much better. He's still making a couple mistakes here and there, as is Barrie, but they've definitely both improved.
That is good to hear. I only watched the last 10 minutes of the game but Elliott looked solid. He was making simple plays instead of forcing plays like he was in his first few games this season.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.