HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injured Players Thread (3/6: Staal Out Indefinitely; Not Career Threatening)

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 10:03 PM
trilobyte

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
He was cut by his visor...
Do the referees prove that on the ice at the time?
Is that in their mandate to make that judgement. Do they quickly and accurately identify that. Correct me if I am wrong, but I doubt it.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:08 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Has there really been no update on any of the guys? This is insane.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFW View Post
Which is why it was a boarding penalty, not a malicious charge and hit to the head.
uhh... newton's third law would dictate outright that this is a charge. guy comes in with speed and runs a guy into the boards--- NOT ONLY THAT-- but he finishes with the arm to make sure that he got him-- that's what my issue was with the hit.

he doesn't just leave his feet, but he makes sure that he finishes with the arm. that's why this should've been a suspension. it was clearly a retaliatory hit, from a guy who has a history, on a defenseless player. onus is on the player delivering the check to avoid or at least MINIMIZE contact with a defenseless player.

following through with the forearm to the back on a guy that you're already in the process of creaming (quite clearly) is not minimizing impact. this is a charge.

if somebody who has not had any disciplinary action in the past 5 years of playing in the league did it-- by all means, no suspension please... but this is a guy who has had disciplinary action in the last year. there's no reason he should've been let off here. even of it was a split decision the league should follow through with a game or a fine.

and what's worse?-- IT RESULTED IN INJURY!

shame on the league. this is a bad call and it seems another horrible decision has been made against this team. could be worse i guess... lucic could've run lundqvist or chara could've punched mcdonagh's face into the glass.. or lucic could've crosschecked a guy viciously 3 times in the back of the neck(but we'll see if the league suspends him rofl)

Old
02-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Has there really been no update on any of the guys? This is insane.
girardi's xray was negative. probably (pretty sure confirmed?) bruised his bone. mcd and nash nothing new

Old
02-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Do the referees prove that on the ice at the time?
Is that in their mandate to make that judgement. Do they quickly and accurately identify that. Correct me if I am wrong, but I doubt it.
What does it have to do with the refs on the ice? They made the boarding call. This isn't like high-sticking, where it changes based on the outcome of the penalty.

I'm just pointing out that McDonagh bleeding is no indication of the kind of hit it was. A player with no visor experiencing exactly the same hit wouldn't have been bleeding.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:23 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
girardi's xray was negative. probably (pretty sure confirmed?) bruised his bone. mcd and nash nothing new
Well thats probably the best news we'll hear all week unfortunately.
Hopefully Mac Truck just had a bad whip lash or something..

Old
02-24-2013, 10:30 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
What does it have to do with the refs on the ice? They made the boarding call. This isn't like high-sticking, where it changes based on the outcome of the penalty.

I'm just pointing out that McDonagh bleeding is no indication of the kind of hit it was. A player with no visor experiencing exactly the same hit wouldn't have been bleeding.
Okay, then I guess I may have it wrong. My understanding was that if a head injury was apparent (bleeding from the head would be a head injury) on a boarding, that a 5 minute major would be imposed.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:34 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Okay, then I guess I may have it wrong. My understanding was that if a head injury was apparent (bleeding from the head would be a head injury) on a boarding, that a 5 minute major would be imposed.
nah. it's ref's discretion here. not like a high stick. pretty sure this happened in the kings/blues series and a few people checked the book..i'll post it in a few

edit: 41.3 Major Penalty – The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a major penalty, based on the degree of violence of the impact with the boards, to a player guilty of boarding an opponent (see 41.5).

also:41.5 Game Misconduct Penalty - When a major penalty is imposed under this rule for a foul resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent, a game misconduct shall be imposed.

now note that the misconduct needs a major first

Old
02-24-2013, 10:36 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
...following through with the forearm to the back on a guy that you're already in the process of creaming (quite clearly) is not minimizing impact. this is a charge.

if somebody who has not had any disciplinary action in the past 5 years of playing in the league did it-- by all means, no suspension please... but this is a guy who has had disciplinary action in the last year. there's no reason he should've been let off here. even of it was a split decision the league should follow through with a game or a fine.

and what's worse?-- IT RESULTED IN INJURY!

shame on the league. this is a bad call and it seems another horrible decision has been made against this team. could be worse i guess... lucic could've run lundqvist or chara could've punched mcdonagh's face into the glass.. or lucic could've crosschecked a guy viciously 3 times in the back of the neck(but we'll see if the league suspends him rofl)
Justice from the NHL is an arbitrary and unpredictable thing. It is best to carry out your own justice, just don't wait too long. Personally, I would rather that the Rangers just beat the Habs on the scoreboard on March 30, but giving a few love taps to Pac would be sweet, too.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Justice from the NHL is an arbitrary and unpredictable thing. It is best to carry out your own justice, just don't wait too long. Personally, I would rather that the Rangers just beat the Habs on the scoreboard on March 30, but giving a few love taps to Pac would be sweet, too.
sad part of it is, it'll probably be mcdonagh that has to deal with patches himself.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:54 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I've always been one who believes that retribution on the aggressor doesn't solve the issue. Because that player is most likely the kind of player that will continue playing that way in any case.

Stick up for a guy who gets hurt, yes, fight the guy.

But retribution and intimidation would be targeting that team's top players. Their young up and comers.

Push those guys around.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:26 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Apparently Shanny doesn't look at the circumstances leading up to a hit anymore or if the person in question is a repeat offender or known for dirty predatory hits. There are definitely some favorite sons and red-headed stepchildren in this league.

Personally, I would've given Patches 2 games for that hit. A definite hit from behind with an extra elbow thrown in. Very dangerous.
You do know that the genes for red hair comes from crossbreading with Neanderthals - says so here

Implications of this conspiracy are now reaching mindblowing proportions

Old
02-25-2013, 05:12 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
nah. it's ref's discretion here. not like a high stick. pretty sure this happened in the kings/blues series and a few people checked the book..i'll post it in a few

edit: 41.3 Major Penalty The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a major penalty, based on the degree of violence of the impact with the boards, to a player guilty of boarding an opponent (see 41.5).

also:41.5 Game Misconduct Penalty - When a major penalty is imposed under this rule for a foul resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent, a game misconduct shall be imposed.

now note that the misconduct needs a major first
and you know that wasn't happening on a Saturday night in Montreal.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:08 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Powe's eligible to come off IR today correct?

Old
02-25-2013, 09:10 AM
pwoz

Nash has a concussion. It's probably a lot worse than the team thought, which is why they are silent.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:18 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
Nash has a concussion. It's probably a lot worse than the team thought, which is why they are silent.
Don't speak anything as fact when the subject matter is still speculation at this point.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Torts and his "we don't discuss injuries" **** ugh. In the playoffs it's a no brained not to let the other team know what's up and I don't mind not mentioning it if a guy is playing through something, but when they get on IR you might as well just tell us.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:38 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Torts and his "we don't discuss injuries" **** ugh. In the playoffs it's a no brained not to let the other team know what's up and I don't mind not mentioning it if a guy is playing through something, but when they get on IR you might as well just tell us.
Nash's move to IR was to make room for Christian Thomas, not exactly an indiction of a more serious condition.

We should hopefully know more in about 20 minutes when they hit the ice for practice, (hopefully)

Old
02-25-2013, 09:45 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

If I ran the Rangers,no leaks on anything. Injuries. Trades. Free agency. The beat writers are mad at the Rangers for not disclosing injuries. They are left to guess and they look foolish. McKenzie reported the Girardi x-rays were negative. Andrew Gross didn't give McKenzie or TSN credit for that. No "According to TSN".

Old
02-25-2013, 09:48 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Feb 25, 2013 10:48a

Darroll Powe (concussion) is on the ice at practice today. So is Michael Del Zotto (lower-body) #NYR

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NYDNRangers/statu...68056411615233

Old
02-25-2013, 09:49 AM
nevesis

“@stevezipay: Del Zotto who was scratched last game is on ice at NYR practice”

@NYDNRangers: Dan Girardi now on the ice as well #NYR

Old
02-25-2013, 09:50 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sent: Feb 25, 2013 10:48a

Darroll Powe (concussion) is on the ice at practice today. So is Michael Del Zotto (lower-body) #NYR

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NYDNRangers/statu...68056411615233
That's very good news for both of those guys.

No word on McDonagh though or Nash who would have been even better to see

Old
02-25-2013, 09:50 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Feb 25, 2013 10:49a

Dan Girardi now on the ice as well #NYR

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NYDNRangers/statu...68497014857729

Old
02-25-2013, 09:51 AM