*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Renegader

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeykid87 View Post
Well how about that win. Down 4-1 and win 7-5. Gaunce and Jordan with hat tricks, pretty impressive. Malcolm though...seems like he's showing he's human a little more often than he did earlier this season.
He'll be just fine. He let in one bad goal. Can't fault him. The team was dreadful in the first 20 minutes. There are 5 other guys on the ice they have to get around before it gets to Malcolm and Sudbury was having an easy time of it in the first 20.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:18 PM
hockeykid87

You called it Renegader. Malcolm looked fantastic in today's win. What a big win too, 6 on 3 powerplay for the Colts and they still couldn't get it done.

This team looks pretty good, and this was without Michael Curtis too. I'm liking the Bulls chances, they just need to be more consistent.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:54 PM
BrianA

Malcolm likes the "big games" and seems to raise his game when challenged.He will thrive in the play-offs.It appears the team mirrors Subban,they play their best against the elite teams.It bodes well for the play-offs.
George is not an elite coach but he is a very good GM.His trades at the deadline ranks as the best in the league.They have one of the deepest, talented line ups because he aquired 2 #1 centres and they have meshed well their new linemates.
They have an elite goalie(with a very good back-up),a defense that is solid with the ability to attack and now a solid 4 line deep group of forwards.They have an elite PK group.They are young men so lapses occur but when challenged they respond.
George loves defense(trap)but the talent allows for a very good offense and that is what was missing earlier.The PP needs to have movement and not guys glued to one spot and when that happens the leagues worst PP looks much better.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:06 AM
ImaBullsfan

Well the bulls are dealing with adversity now, many key players out with injury's and susp. They are feeling the lack of depth on defence for sure, and with the possible loss of Silas, Cardwell will surely test the younger guys.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:51 PM
BrianA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Well the bulls are dealing with adversity now, many key players out with injury's and susp. They are feeling the lack of depth on defence for sure, and with the possible loss of Silas, Cardwell will surely test the younger guys.
I still have not seen an injury report on Silas.Cardwell will be back March 1(only 2-3 games left) and Burnett needs to let DeSousa play because he will be needed if Silas is out.They have depth but only if Burnett trusts them.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:44 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
I still have not seen an injury report on Silas.Cardwell will be back March 1(only 2-3 games left) and Burnett needs to let DeSousa play because he will be needed if Silas is out.They have depth but only if Burnett trusts them.
It has been reported that Stephen Silas is suffering from concussion like symptoms? No timetable for his return.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Greeds
Rookie User

Hi everyone,

I was at last nights game against the Petes - first time I've been to a Bulls game at the Yardmen - quite the experience! I was a little cold, but the experience was awesome. Not to mention, the Bulls won it pretty handily 5 - 2.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone here knows the name of the song that the Bulls came out to last night? Between periods with about 2:20 before the puck drop, a song would come on and I could see Malcolm Subban doing a routine before he led his team out onto the ice. It was a pretty cool thing to see, and would like to find out the name of the song, and maybe even a video of him doing it?

Thanks for your help, and Go Bulls Go!

Old
02-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
How has Quine been since being traded to you guys? He has 33pts in 19gp, but stats aren't the whole story...

Old
02-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeds View Post
Hi everyone,

I was at last nights game against the Petes - first time I've been to a Bulls game at the Yardmen - quite the experience! I was a little cold, but the experience was awesome. Not to mention, the Bulls won it pretty handily 5 - 2.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone here knows the name of the song that the Bulls came out to last night? Between periods with about 2:20 before the puck drop, a song would come on and I could see Malcolm Subban doing a routine before he led his team out onto the ice. It was a pretty cool thing to see, and would like to find out the name of the song, and maybe even a video of him doing it?

Thanks for your help, and Go Bulls Go!
The song is called Turbulence by lil Jon.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
How has Quine been since being traded to you guys? He has 33pts in 19gp, but stats aren't the whole story...
In this case they do. He's been fantastic and an absolute pleasure to watch.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
In this case they do. He's been fantastic and an absolute pleasure to watch.
Great to hear, thanks!! I've known him since we were around 7, and even though he moved away from Nova Scotia about 8 years ago, I've always followed his "career" as close as I could.

It's a shame he had to "waste away" with Kingston and Peterborough.. no doubt that had hurt his draft stock in '11, although I don't think he'd have been picked much higher.

How's his defensive game looking? From what I remember, that had seemed to be his biggest weakness.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:50 AM
Greeds
Rookie User

Quote:
The song is called Turbulence by lil Jon.
Thank you! I guess I should buff up on my music collection.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Doesn't look like Burnett trusts him. Other 16yr olds on other teams who are not as good as DD get much more ice. How does it make the kid feel when he puts Brassard on the back end? Burnett will lose this kid by the end of the year, can't see him wanting to stay in Belleville.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Parksy

Burnett does not trust Desousa in the defensive zone, and there is no reason why he should. The kid has tons of skill, dont get me wrong but he always gets in trouble when he has the puck on his stick for too long. The speed of the game will come to him and I dont think George has given up on him.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parksy View Post
Burnett does not trust Desousa in the defensive zone, and there is no reason why he should. The kid has tons of skill, dont get me wrong but he always gets in trouble when he has the puck on his stick for too long. The speed of the game will come to him and I dont think George has given up on him.
I think if he gave the kid better icetime the speed of the game would come to him sooner. Playing Brassard on D against teams like Ottawa etc, really, what is he telling a 16 yr old?

Old
02-25-2013, 04:36 PM
brahmabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
I think if he gave the kid better icetime the speed of the game would come to him sooner. Playing Brassard on D against teams like Ottawa etc, really, what is he telling a 16 yr old?
The same thing he has been trying to tell the kid all season, he needs to simplify his game. The kid has some good skill but right now his brain is not working as fast as his feet are and he gets scrambling around in his own end, usually he coughs the puck up and a few times that has lead to goals. DeSousa has been improving a little though and is a lot better then he was at the start of the season.

Old
02-25-2013, 07:21 PM
BrianA

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull View Post
The same thing he has been trying to tell the kid all season, he needs to simplify his game. The kid has some good skill but right now his brain is not working as fast as his feet are and he gets scrambling around in his own end, usually he coughs the puck up and a few times that has lead to goals. DeSousa has been improving a little though and is a lot better then he was at the start of the season.
He cannot get better sitting on the bench.The other D get themselves in trouble but are forgiven but not the rookies.When DeSousa has had a good game ,he still sits the next game. Play him now,even for 10-12 min/game.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:21 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
He cannot get better sitting on the bench.The other D get themselves in trouble but are forgiven but not the rookies.When DeSousa has had a good game ,he still sits the next game. Play him now,even for 10-12 min/game.
How can the kid play under that kind of fear? If he makes a mistake, he sits. If he plays well, he still sits. Like you say BrianA, the others make mistakes and still get their icetime. Burnett cannot develope or talk to young players. What will be next year, Silas, Cardwell, Austin are gone, do you bring back Worrad as an OA? That leaves you with Bignell and Subban and nothing in the system. Do you then play DD 20 min plus per game?

Old
02-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull View Post
A lot of merit to what you say Brahma, the kid is over anxious but he doesn't cause any more turnovers in his icetime than anyone else in their respective icetime. He would improve a lot more with icetime. Who is the future on this team?

Old
02-26-2013, 07:36 PM
ImaBullsfan

DeSousa will be alright he has to learn to move the puck forward not always turning and going back, thats when he gets in trouble. I like his skating and first passes, he will gain great experience this year and add size coming into next year.

Old
02-27-2013, 05:38 AM
BrianA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
DeSousa will be alright he has to learn to move the puck forward not always turning and going back, thats when he gets in trouble. I like his skating and first passes, he will gain great experience this year and add size coming into next year.
He is not the only Bull who turns back and gets in trouble.I see it as a problem as well but if the forwards are changing or it is an aggressive forecheck or they are killing a penalty,etc. then the D has to either ice it or turn back and try to give himself options.It is an instant decision based on instinct,coaching and experience.Mistakes are made or sometimes you have to give credit to the other teams talent.I agree that experience is the answer but he is not getting enough ice time to develop a feel for the OHL game.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
He is not the only Bull who turns back and gets in trouble.I see it as a problem as well but if the forwards are changing or it is an aggressive forecheck or they are killing a penalty,etc. then the D has to either ice it or turn back and try to give himself options.It is an instant decision based on instinct,coaching and experience.Mistakes are made or sometimes you have to give credit to the other teams talent.I agree that experience is the answer but he is not getting enough ice time to develop a feel for the OHL game.
You are right on, that is my point.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
What will be next year, Silas, Cardwell, Austin are gone, do you bring back Worrad as an OA? That leaves you with Bignell and Subban and nothing in the system. Do you then play DD 20 min plus per game?
Quite frankly, next year doesn't matter. The Bulls have a real shot at going very deep in the playoffs this year. That's what matters at the moment. If it means De Sousa doesn't play as much as the others, then so be it. He will get his shot next year and play 20 minutes a game. Guaranteed. This year is all that matters because they will be a tough team to beat in the playoffs.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Renegader

Just going to throw this out here as well. Scott Simmonds has been playing some good hockey the last couple of weeks. I know a lot of us have been critical of him (including myself) but he has settled into a role that is more suited to him. 4th line, bring some energy, keep the puck deep kind of role. He's a decent penalty killer as well.

Since the trades, he's been playing more in the role that he should be playing and it's paid off for him.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Just going to throw this out here as well. Scott Simmonds has been playing some good hockey the last couple of weeks. I know a lot of us have been critical of him (including myself) but he has settled into a role that is more suited to him. 4th line, bring some energy, keep the puck deep kind of role. He's a decent penalty killer as well.

Since the trades, he's been playing more in the role that he should be playing and it's paid off for him.
Totally agree. Does that mean that you keep him as an OA next year? Its a given that they will but is he good enough?

Closed Thread