Notices

Possible Trade Ideas v.7

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 10:03 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
I'd like to pick up Myers to fill out our top 4. Suter - Brodin, Gilbert - Myers

Old
02-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 50
Myers' price would be huge.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:10 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Myers' price would be huge.
Possibly.

Scandella + Phillips + Clutterbuck for Myers?

I don't know if they would want to trade Myers being a down year. And I think that package is weak myself but who knows.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:10 PM
The Old Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
Of course you would, Charlie Coyle is better.
agreed! so what would you need to be added

Old
02-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Possibly.

Scandella + Phillips + Clutterbuck for Myers?

I don't know if they would want to trade Myers being a down year. And I think that package is weak myself but who knows.
Sabres fans still think highly of Meyers. That package wouldn't be enough.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:16 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Sabres fans still think highly of Meyers. That package wouldn't be enough.
I would definitely talk to the Sabres. Minnesota should have mid 1st round. Wouldn't mind trading a 1st + something for Myers.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:19 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Master View Post
agreed! so what would you need to be added
Malkin

Old
02-24-2013, 10:19 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

Quote:
I would definitely talk to the Sabres. Minnesota should have mid 1st round. Wouldn't mind trading a 1st + something for Myers.
I still think our window opens a couple years down the road. At this point, I'm not sure trading 1st rounders is the right strategy.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:23 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
I wouldn't trade our 1st round pick as of yet... if we continue to play .500 hockey with a somewhat healthy roster, I'd keep the pick. Myers can't make this team overnight a strong contender. If the Wild continue to play like crap which they have proven to me that the trend will continue, I would retain our 1st seeing as it could easily be a top 10 pick by years end.... a top 10 pick and with possible trades going at the deadline (Cullen / Seto / Phillips / Hackett / whatever)... we could always pay out the butt to get into the top 5 of the draft.

long story short... keep our 1st rounder unless we are getting something great in return, or at least till the Wild going on a legit winning streak to prove they are a real deal team

Old
02-24-2013, 10:36 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
I wouldn't trade our 1st round pick as of yet... if we continue to play .500 hockey with a somewhat healthy roster, I'd keep the pick. Myers can't make this team overnight a strong contender. If the Wild continue to play like crap which they have proven to me that the trend will continue, I would retain our 1st seeing as it could easily be a top 10 pick by years end.... a top 10 pick and with possible trades going at the deadline (Cullen / Seto / Phillips / Hackett / whatever)... we could always pay out the butt to get into the top 5 of the draft.

long story short... keep our 1st rounder unless we are getting something great in return, or at least till the Wild going on a legit winning streak to prove they are a real deal team
agreed

Old
02-24-2013, 10:41 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
I still think our window opens a couple years down the road. At this point, I'm not sure trading 1st rounders is the right strategy.
I would trade a 1st for Myers in a heartbeat because we would be getting a proven quantity who is still pretty young in return, which is not what we would be getting if we use that pick in the draft.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:09 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
I would trade a 1st for Myers in a heartbeat because we would be getting a proven quantity who is still pretty young in return, which is not what we would be getting if we use that pick in the draft.
I would argue Meyers is still an unknown quantity. He could easily continue trending down.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Myers would cost far too much to get for my taste. You're essentially trying to take away Buffalo's franchise d-man. And quite frankly at this point, I wouldn't trade for any improvements as we still don't know if this team is even capable of making the playoffs yet. You don't improve the team if you're not even gonna make the playoffs.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
I would argue Meyers is still an unknown quantity. He could easily continue trending down.
He is trending downward at this moment. Getting scratched and playing poorly according to Sabres fans. He could be ripe for the picking but it could end up being one of the Barker situations. Does a team roll the dice if the price is right? He is very young and anything could happen, but I doubt the Sabres give up that fast on him.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:31 AM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
fixed
So you are saying you fancy Hägg over Risto?

Old
02-25-2013, 02:28 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
I wouldn't trade our 1st round pick as of yet... if we continue to play .500 hockey with a somewhat healthy roster, I'd keep the pick.
Why? I mean there comes a time where this team needs to perform and where this team needs to build. With our relatively healthy stock in the AHL and our 2nd round picks panning out, getting a young defenseman would be an excellent boon for a team.

Quote:
Myers can't make this team overnight a strong contender.
No, and neither did Parise or Suter. But you build and see what's out there.

Quote:
If the Wild continue to play like crap which they have proven to me that the trend will continue, I would retain our 1st seeing as it could easily be a top 10 pick by years end....
I don't see the Wild picking in the top 10. Top 14 yes.

Quote:
a top 10 pick and with possible trades going at the deadline (Cullen / Seto / Phillips / Hackett / whatever)... we could always pay out the butt to get into the top 5 of the draft.
Cullen won't be traded. Seto is playing better (And has as many goals as Koivu!) Phillips won't be traded. And why move up?

Old
02-25-2013, 05:27 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy BoBandy View Post
He is trending downward at this moment. Getting scratched and playing poorly according to Sabres fans. He could be ripe for the picking but it could end up being one of the Barker situations. Does a team roll the dice if the price is right? He is very young and anything could happen, but I doubt the Sabres give up that fast on him.
If we can find a 2nd Brodin then yes roll the dice on him, but only if we can find a 2nd Brodin.

Why a 2nd Brodin? well we need someone who can cover up his deficiencies while having someone who can make Suter look close to the money he signed for.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:19 AM
nickschultzfan

Wild Fire sales - Keep it in the Family

It's one thing to burn down the farm because you were in a panic. It's another to run into town and tell everybody that you burned down the farm in a panic.

Been seeing a lot of "OMG Wild" threads in the league-wide boards. Not sure that accomplishes anything other than make us Wild fans look like a bunch of amateurs who have never watched a full hockey season. Nothing wrong with *****ing and calling for Yeo's head in the Wild boards. Or saying that Granlund has been disappointing. Heatley is terrible. Or whatever.

Just a suggestion......................keep it in the family. [At least until the Wild are actually screwed, then go nutz].

My two cents.

Last edited by nickschultzfan: 02-25-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old
02-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

It should go without saying.

Really, the only thing you accomplish is making yourself look like an idiot to everyone else.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:24 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottompairingdman View Post
How about something centered around Stafford and Seto? A swap of two inconsistent, struggling wingers? Value is probably a bit off, could be balanced with picks/prospects.

I've always liked Robyn Regehr but from what I've read here it seems his play has really declined. Wouldn't still mind him mentoring our young blueliners, provided that he could be had for a reasonable price and he'd be willing to leave Buffalo (he has an NTC or NMC, right?)
I think you'll have to clear up some cap space to swap Seto for Stafford...

Old
02-25-2013, 09:24 AM
nickschultzfan

Myers is not Cam Barker. Myers was just thrown into the NHL a bit too soon, but he's a good player. Buffalo is just not working in general.

He might be one of the few guys I would trade Scandella for (unlike you fools who would trade him for magic beans).

That said, no way the Sabres get rid of their youth. If anything they will unload the underperforming vets.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:28 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
Too many questions to be buyers or sellers right now.

We have the shelf to be both.

All but Koivu, Parise and Suter if we selling. Keep the kids

All but Brodin if we buying. Even Granlund. MiG, Zucker, Coyle and the goalies could fetch a nice proven talent.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:46 AM
bottompairingdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
I think you'll have to clear up some cap space to swap Seto for Stafford...
According to capgeek http://capgeek.com/wild/tracker we have a bit under 1,3M in cap space, Stafford's cap hit is 4M and Seto's is 3M.. So technically we could get away with the extra cap hit but it'd be tight.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yes, let's trade Granlund, Zucker, and Coyle for players at/past their prime. Brilliant. Go start the thread!

Old
02-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Sportserie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
It's one thing to burn down the farm because you were in a panic. It's another to run into town and tell everybody that you burned down the farm in a panic.

Been seeing a lot of "OMG Wild" threads in the league-wide boards. Not sure that accomplishes anything other than make us Wild fans look like a bunch of amateurs who have never watched a full hockey season. Nothing wrong with *****ing and calling for Yeo's head in the Wild boards. Or saying that Granlund has been disappointing. Heatley is terrible. Or whatever.

Just a suggestion......................keep it in the family. [At least until the Wild are actually screwed, then go nutz].

My two cents.
Your two cents I endorse.

Closed Thread