HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2013, 09:57 PM
  #326
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
Rhino Reilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,682
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
http://deadspin.com/5934256/*******-...7+year+old-kid

He is a 17 year old kid.


Following him is a waste of time.
lmao my bad. After his and Aaron Ward's beef and Ward being 'sure' he was a certain ex-nhler I believed he was. Guess Ward was wrong lol

Rhino Reilly is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 10:36 PM
  #327
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
http://deadspin.com/5934256/*******-...7+year+old-kid

He is a 17 year old kid.


Following him is a waste of time.
Lol...read it. That's all speculation aimed at attacking his credibility.

Curtinho is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 10:47 PM
  #328
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Lol...read it. That's all speculation aimed at attacking his credibility.
You say this as though he had any credibility before the article came out.

Saying this article hurt his credibility is like saying a parking ticket would hurt the credibility of a registered sex offender.

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 10:57 PM
  #329
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
You say this as though he had any credibility before the article came out.

Saying this article hurt his credibility is like saying a parking ticket would hurt the credibility of a registered sex offender.
He has broken more stories than any of us have. The reality of the trade and rumour industry is a lot of things are thrown around that never materialize. Who's to say what he knows and what he doesn't? Like any rumour you can judge the validity for yourself. Just take what you read with a grain of salt.

Curtinho is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 11:00 PM
  #330
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
He has broken more stories than any of us have.
The worst mechanic in town probably still has fixed more cars than I have.

Doesn't make him a good mechanic when compared to his peers.

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 11:03 PM
  #331
Iamok
#Panic
 
Iamok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,439
vCash: 500
Isn't this the same person who tried causing **** with Dreger and Luongo on separate occasions? Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Iamok is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 11:04 PM
  #332
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Lol...read it. That's all speculation aimed at attacking his credibility.
Read this.
http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/0...-instant-news/

Listen to the audio.

Qward is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 11:11 PM
  #333
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
The worst mechanic in town probably still has fixed more cars than I have.

Doesn't make him a good mechanic when compared to his peers.
I don't recall anyone ever saying that he is. Realistically speaking most of the time there's no point in listening to rumours at all until something actually happens. However that doesn't create a ton of discussion. He has been right before, just like Eklund and other media sources. People tend to forget that BMac and co. also release "false" rumours all the time. Just things that they are hearing that never materialize.

It's all for our benefit and entertainment. The fact that HIr has been right in the past just gives people the idea that it could be possible that he might be right again. Which is true; however, as said before, you take it all with a grain of salt and try to come up with your own judgement.

For example in this case what he is saying matches up with other rumours. A) That Ottawa is interested and Zibanejad or Silfverberg are part of the package being offered and B) that Colorado is asking for way more than anyone is willing to give up.

Doesn't mean anything though. Just a point of discussion.

Curtinho is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 11:27 PM
  #334
Caje
Registered User
 
Caje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Realistically speaking most of the time there's no point in listening to rumours at all until something actually happens.
The point that everyone is trying to make is that when Bobby Mack says something, there's a good chance it's going to happen. When this random Twitter guy says something, there's very little chance of it actually happening. That's why we shouldn't waste our time trying to decipher what this guy is talking about and should instead focus on legitimate sources.

Your whole point seems to be that "not all rumours end up being true", so we should discuss every rumour as if they have an equal chance of happening. That's just not the case.

You also seem to insinuate that Bobby Mack just makes up stuff every once in a while. Why would he do that when he actually has legitimate connections? When he puts forth a rumour about a trade, I think we can take it as fact that some actual discussion among GMs has taken place. We can't do that with this random guy on Twitter.

Caje is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 11:28 PM
  #335
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
The worst mechanic in town probably still has fixed more cars than I have.

Doesn't make him a good mechanic when compared to his peers.
Maybe Cujomi is ******* ********




Berserker* is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 11:40 PM
  #336
benjiv1
Registered User
 
benjiv1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,855
vCash: 500
Ottawa really isn't in the position to be trading away their high-end talent. (ie: Silfverberg/Zibanejad/Lehner)

If anything they should be looking to trade quantity.

I'd rather see if we can get Colorado to bite on something like:


Smith
2014 1st
Puempel
Prince

IMO, it would be a slight over payment, but nothing we couldnt afford to lose.

benjiv1 is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 11:51 PM
  #337
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,211
vCash: 500
lol welcome to 6 months ago...

This guy pretty much tried to claim he was Daigle without coming out and saying so. Just a lot of hints. I listened to an online radio interview he did way back, probably the same as the link posted.

He's not a 17 year old kid, but I don't think he is Daigle either, but in any case...it's probably BS.

John Holmes* is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 11:57 PM
  #338
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,431
vCash: 500
I've not heard any legit rumors Involving silf or Zibanejad.

Most I've heard is their are 15 teams interested in ROR and MDZ was offered by rags.

BK201 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 12:13 AM
  #339
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landru View Post
The point that everyone is trying to make is that when Bobby Mack says something, there's a good chance it's going to happen. When this random Twitter guy says something, there's very little chance of it actually happening. That's why we shouldn't waste our time trying to decipher what this guy is talking about and should instead focus on legitimate sources.
You don't really get what I'm trying to say I guess.

Quote:
Your whole point seems to be that "not all rumours end up being true", so we should discuss every rumour as if they have an equal chance of happening. That's just not the case.
That wasn't my point at all.

Quote:
You also seem to insinuate that Bobby Mack just makes up stuff every once in a while. Why would he do that when he actually has legitimate connections? When he puts forth a rumour about a trade, I think we can take it as fact that some actual discussion among GMs has taken place. We can't do that with this random guy on Twitter.
Again, that's not what I insinuated or said at all. However, when you talk about credible people with credible sources it's only because you know them from TSN or whatever. These people (Eklund, HIr) remain anonymous and refuse to reveal sources and such. We know that B-Mac has credible sources and yet even with that being true the rumours he passes on often don't come true. What I'm trying to say is that these guys have broken "stories" before suggesting they have legitimate contacts. However they probably pass through many more rumours that they hear than say B-Mac does because most of their traffic and popularity comes from rumours being discussed. B-Mac is an analyst first and foremost.

Plus, this discussion is going on anyway it's not a matter of needing to discuss every rumour it's that we're discussing this stuff anyway and it's for our entertainment value. If you don't want to talk about it then don't. We're on a board that encourages discussions of this kind.

Curtinho is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 12:23 AM
  #340
Iggy77
Registered User
 
Iggy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 1,431
vCash: 500
We've won 4 straight, I doubt Murray will be making any changes to the roster right now.

Zib and Wiercioch (our most likely offer) are playing very well right now. I refuse to believe they'll trade Silf, they are way too high on him.

Colorado asking for a king's ransom for RoR is common sense, you don't need anonymous insiders to tell you that. They're waiting/hoping for a team to get desperate. We're not desperate. No GM wants a "fair deal" for an asset which is in high demand anyway. You aim for the moon.

Even Garrioch's latest column omits the Sens in the RoR rumor tidbit. Doesn't mean much but it makes sense that BM got turned off by Sherman's ridiculous demands.

This forum went nuclear when we saw how much it cost to land Turris, even i was surprised. I think the price to acquire RoR is even more shocking.

As for B-Mac's comments I think they were just an educated guess. We need a centre with Spezza out and we've got the assets to pull this off (if BM wants to). It didn't strike me as insider info. Colorado is notoriously secretive and legitimate leaks never seem to emerge from there.

Iggy77 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 12:30 AM
  #341
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy77 View Post
Even Garrioch's latest column omits the Sens in the RoR rumor tidbit. Doesn't mean much but it makes sense that BM got turned off by Sherman's ridiculous demands.

This forum went nuclear when we saw how much it cost to land Turris, even i was surprised. I think the price to acquire RoR is even more shocking.
I agree. It's also why I'm starting to think that there's little chance we end up with ROR. We're in a position where we're winning and there's no real pressure on us to make a move as long as we can keep that up. Even if we were to start losing there doesn't seem to be much pressure due to the injuries taking some of the blame away.

Ultimately with this start I would be surprised though if we didn't press for the playoffs. If we go into a funk making a move might be the best option to try and keep us competitive (as long as it's not mortgaging the future for a rental/older player).

Time will tell I guess. I highly doubt ROR ends the year in Colorado though.

Curtinho is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 12:45 AM
  #342
Benny FTW
Power Bottom
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,924
vCash: 50
That guy basically just echoes anything TSN says but embellishes it.

Benny FTW is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 12:52 AM
  #343
Mephias
Registered User
 
Mephias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I don't recall anyone ever saying that he is. Realistically speaking most of the time there's no point in listening to rumours at all until something actually happens. However that doesn't create a ton of discussion. He has been right before, just like Eklund and other media sources. People tend to forget that BMac and co. also release "false" rumours all the time. Just things that they are hearing that never materialize.

It's all for our benefit and entertainment. The fact that HIr has been right in the past just gives people the idea that it could be possible that he might be right again. Which is true; however, as said before, you take it all with a grain of salt and try to come up with your own judgement.

For example in this case what he is saying matches up with other rumours. A) That Ottawa is interested and Zibanejad or Silfverberg are part of the package being offered and B) that Colorado is asking for way more than anyone is willing to give up.

Doesn't mean anything though. Just a point of discussion.
The thing is, the way these rumours work is that 1 hack will make up a rumour and tweet it, then a 2nd hack will just regurgitate the same made-up rumour. It ends up looking like both of them are credible, since they're both "hearing the same things," but really they're just repeating each other's bull****.

Mephias is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 12:57 AM
  #344
Caje
Registered User
 
Caje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
However, when you talk about credible people with credible sources it's only because you know them from TSN or whatever. These people (Eklund, HIr) remain anonymous and refuse to reveal sources and such.
That's because they have no sources and just make **** up. Hence why they are pretty much never right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
We know that B-Mac has credible sources and yet even with that being true the rumours he passes on often don't come true.
You're ignoring the fact that the "rumours" that Bobby Mack puts out are completely different than the "rumours" that Eklund et al. put out. One is based on facts and evidence, and the other is baseless speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
What I'm trying to say is that these guys have broken "stories" before suggesting they have legitimate contacts.
No it doesn't. These guys post hundreds of "rumours" a month, one or two of them are bound to be right. If I predicted 10 trades a day from now until the end of the season, I'll probably get one right too. It doesn't mean I have legitimate contacts, it means I have a generally understanding of team needs and got lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
However they probably pass through many more rumours that they hear than say B-Mac does because most of their traffic and popularity comes from rumours being discussed. B-Mac is an analyst first and foremost.
I'm not sure how this justifies anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Plus, this discussion is going on anyway it's not a matter of needing to discuss every rumour it's that we're discussing this stuff anyway and it's for our entertainment value. If you don't want to talk about it then don't. We're on a board that encourages discussions of this kind.
Then why does it even need to be posted? There's a reason why the guys Twitter name is censored from the board.

Caje is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 01:38 AM
  #345
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Hey guys I don't know if anyones seen but ******* ******** says that the Sens have a deal on the table, Zibanejad + Smith for O'Reilly... BUT THEY WANT SILFVERBERG! Anyone know if this guy is legit?

wubwubwubwub is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 01:43 AM
  #346
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,992
vCash: 500
Our center depth is pretty set, imo.

Spezza
Turris
Zibanejad
Smith
O'Brien
DaCosta

If only RoR was a winger...

What elite winger out there is available? None. I'd stay we stay course and if we crash and burn we still get a top 5 pick WITH all the assets we currently have and makes our position stronger than ever heading into next year. If we succeed we wait until deadline and see possibilities.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 01:45 AM
  #347
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landru View Post
Then why does it even need to be posted? There's a reason why the guys Twitter name is censored from the board.
I'm not going to get into a long debate about the validity of information. I've already said about a thousand times that the credibility of this guy and Eklund et. al. are next to 0.

However, this is the Trade Rumours and Proposals thread. So, we discuss rumours.

Curtinho is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 02:01 AM
  #348
Ed Wood
Registered User
 
Ed Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Hey guys I don't know if anyones seen but ******* ******** says that the Sens have a deal on the table, Zibanejad + Smith for O'Reilly... BUT THEY WANT SILFVERBERG! Anyone know if this guy is legit?
It doesn't appear as if he's legit but it sounds like a reasonable offer. I'd make that trade (Zibby and Smith) and if Colorado were smart I think they would too. I can't see them doing any better.

If it's true it's interesting that colorado would prefer Silfverberg to Zibanejad. Do they think Silfverberg has a higher ceiling or do they just want the guy who's more ready right now?

Ed Wood is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 02:16 AM
  #349
Iggy77
Registered User
 
Iggy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 1,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wood View Post
If it's true it's interesting that colorado would prefer Silfverberg to Zibanejad. Do they think Silfverberg has a higher ceiling or do they just want the guy who's more ready right now?
Probably this.

They're giving up a player who is NHL ready now. Getting a player or two who might be as good in the future is a tough sell to their fanbase not to mention a risk on their part.

Iggy77 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 08:10 AM
  #350
Flamingo
Registered User
 
Flamingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 3,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landru View Post


You're ignoring the fact that the "rumours" that Bobby Mack puts out are completely different than the "rumours" that Eklund et al. put out. One is based on facts and evidence, and the other is baseless speculation.


Exactly. There's no point comparing a sports journalist, who should follow the reporters' code of ethics and be concerned about his professional integrity, and confirm stories with legitimate sources, with a twitter account if some dude.

Flamingo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.