HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXV

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
http://deadspin.com/5934256/*******-...7+year+old-kid

He is a 17 year old kid.

Following him is a waste of time.
lmao my bad. After his and Aaron Ward's beef and Ward being 'sure' he was a certain ex-nhler I believed he was. Guess Ward was wrong lol

Old
02-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
http://deadspin.com/5934256/*******-...7+year+old-kid

He is a 17 year old kid.

Following him is a waste of time.
Lol...read it. That's all speculation aimed at attacking his credibility.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:47 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
You say this as though he had any credibility before the article came out.

Saying this article hurt his credibility is like saying a parking ticket would hurt the credibility of a registered sex offender.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
You say this as though he had any credibility before the article came out.

Saying this article hurt his credibility is like saying a parking ticket would hurt the credibility of a registered sex offender.
He has broken more stories than any of us have. The reality of the trade and rumour industry is a lot of things are thrown around that never materialize. Who's to say what he knows and what he doesn't? Like any rumour you can judge the validity for yourself. Just take what you read with a grain of salt.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:00 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
He has broken more stories than any of us have.
The worst mechanic in town probably still has fixed more cars than I have.

Doesn't make him a good mechanic when compared to his peers.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Isn't this the same person who tried causing **** with Dreger and Luongo on separate occasions? Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:04 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Read this.
http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/0...-instant-news/

Listen to the audio.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:

I don't recall anyone ever saying that he is. Realistically speaking most of the time there's no point in listening to rumours at all until something actually happens. However that doesn't create a ton of discussion. He has been right before, just like Eklund and other media sources. People tend to forget that BMac and co. also release "false" rumours all the time. Just things that they are hearing that never materialize.

It's all for our benefit and entertainment. The fact that HIr has been right in the past just gives people the idea that it could be possible that he might be right again. Which is true; however, as said before, you take it all with a grain of salt and try to come up with your own judgement.

For example in this case what he is saying matches up with other rumours. A) That Ottawa is interested and Zibanejad or Silfverberg are part of the package being offered and B) that Colorado is asking for way more than anyone is willing to give up.

Doesn't mean anything though. Just a point of discussion.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Caje

Quote:
Realistically speaking most of the time there's no point in listening to rumours at all until something actually happens.
The point that everyone is trying to make is that when Bobby Mack says something, there's a good chance it's going to happen. When this random Twitter guy says something, there's very little chance of it actually happening. That's why we shouldn't waste our time trying to decipher what this guy is talking about and should instead focus on legitimate sources.

Your whole point seems to be that "not all rumours end up being true", so we should discuss every rumour as if they have an equal chance of happening. That's just not the case.

You also seem to insinuate that Bobby Mack just makes up stuff every once in a while. Why would he do that when he actually has legitimate connections? When he puts forth a rumour about a trade, I think we can take it as fact that some actual discussion among GMs has taken place. We can't do that with this random guy on Twitter.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Berserker*

Quote:

Maybe Cujomi is ******* ********

Old
02-24-2013, 11:40 PM
benjiv1

Ottawa really isn't in the position to be trading away their high-end talent. (ie: Silfverberg/Zibanejad/Lehner)

If anything they should be looking to trade quantity.

I'd rather see if we can get Colorado to bite on something like:

Smith
2014 1st
Puempel
Prince

IMO, it would be a slight over payment, but nothing we couldnt afford to lose.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:51 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

lol welcome to 6 months ago...

This guy pretty much tried to claim he was Daigle without coming out and saying so. Just a lot of hints. I listened to an online radio interview he did way back, probably the same as the link posted.

He's not a 17 year old kid, but I don't think he is Daigle either, but in any case...it's probably BS.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:57 PM
BK201

I've not heard any legit rumors Involving silf or Zibanejad.

Most I've heard is their are 15 teams interested in ROR and MDZ was offered by rags.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:13 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landru View Post
The point that everyone is trying to make is that when Bobby Mack says something, there's a good chance it's going to happen. When this random Twitter guy says something, there's very little chance of it actually happening. That's why we shouldn't waste our time trying to decipher what this guy is talking about and should instead focus on legitimate sources.
You don't really get what I'm trying to say I guess.

Quote:
Your whole point seems to be that "not all rumours end up being true", so we should discuss every rumour as if they have an equal chance of happening. That's just not the case.
That wasn't my point at all.

Quote:
You also seem to insinuate that Bobby Mack just makes up stuff every once in a while. Why would he do that when he actually has legitimate connections? When he puts forth a rumour about a trade, I think we can take it as fact that some actual discussion among GMs has taken place. We can't do that with this random guy on Twitter.
Again, that's not what I insinuated or said at all. However, when you talk about credible people with credible sources it's only because you know them from TSN or whatever. These people (Eklund, HIr) remain anonymous and refuse to reveal sources and such. We know that B-Mac has credible sources and yet even with that being true the rumours he passes on often don't come true. What I'm trying to say is that these guys have broken "stories" before suggesting they have legitimate contacts. However they probably pass through many more rumours that they hear than say B-Mac does because most of their traffic and popularity comes from rumours being discussed. B-Mac is an analyst first and foremost.

Plus, this discussion is going on anyway it's not a matter of needing to discuss every rumour it's that we're discussing this stuff anyway and it's for our entertainment value. If you don't want to talk about it then don't. We're on a board that encourages discussions of this kind.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:23 AM
Iggy77

We've won 4 straight, I doubt Murray will be making any changes to the roster right now.

Zib and Wiercioch (our most likely offer) are playing very well right now. I refuse to believe they'll trade Silf, they are way too high on him.

Colorado asking for a king's ransom for RoR is common sense, you don't need anonymous insiders to tell you that. They're waiting/hoping for a team to get desperate. We're not desperate. No GM wants a "fair deal" for an asset which is in high demand anyway. You aim for the moon.

Even Garrioch's latest column omits the Sens in the RoR rumor tidbit. Doesn't mean much but it makes sense that BM got turned off by Sherman's ridiculous demands.

This forum went nuclear when we saw how much it cost to land Turris, even i was surprised. I think the price to acquire RoR is even more shocking.

As for B-Mac's comments I think they were just an educated guess. We need a centre with Spezza out and we've got the assets to pull this off (if BM wants to). It didn't strike me as insider info. Colorado is notoriously secretive and legitimate leaks never seem to emerge from there.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:30 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy77 View Post
Even Garrioch's latest column omits the Sens in the RoR rumor tidbit. Doesn't mean much but it makes sense that BM got turned off by Sherman's ridiculous demands.

This forum went nuclear when we saw how much it cost to land Turris, even i was surprised. I think the price to acquire RoR is even more shocking.
I agree. It's also why I'm starting to think that there's little chance we end up with ROR. We're in a position where we're winning and there's no real pressure on us to make a move as long as we can keep that up. Even if we were to start losing there doesn't seem to be much pressure due to the injuries taking some of the blame away.

Ultimately with this start I would be surprised though if we didn't press for the playoffs. If we go into a funk making a move might be the best option to try and keep us competitive (as long as it's not mortgaging the future for a rental/older player).

Time will tell I guess. I highly doubt ROR ends the year in Colorado though.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Benny FTW
Power Bottom

vCash: 50
That guy basically just echoes anything TSN says but embellishes it.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:52 AM
Mephias

Quote:
I don't recall anyone ever saying that he is. Realistically speaking most of the time there's no point in listening to rumours at all until something actually happens. However that doesn't create a ton of discussion. He has been right before, just like Eklund and other media sources. People tend to forget that BMac and co. also release "false" rumours all the time. Just things that they are hearing that never materialize.

It's all for our benefit and entertainment. The fact that HIr has been right in the past just gives people the idea that it could be possible that he might be right again. Which is true; however, as said before, you take it all with a grain of salt and try to come up with your own judgement.

For example in this case what he is saying matches up with other rumours. A) That Ottawa is interested and Zibanejad or Silfverberg are part of the package being offered and B) that Colorado is asking for way more than anyone is willing to give up.

Doesn't mean anything though. Just a point of discussion.
The thing is, the way these rumours work is that 1 hack will make up a rumour and tweet it, then a 2nd hack will just regurgitate the same made-up rumour. It ends up looking like both of them are credible, since they're both "hearing the same things," but really they're just repeating each other's bull****.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:57 AM
Caje

Quote:
However, when you talk about credible people with credible sources it's only because you know them from TSN or whatever. These people (Eklund, HIr) remain anonymous and refuse to reveal sources and such.
That's because they have no sources and just make **** up. Hence why they are pretty much never right.

Quote:
We know that B-Mac has credible sources and yet even with that being true the rumours he passes on often don't come true.
You're ignoring the fact that the "rumours" that Bobby Mack puts out are completely different than the "rumours" that Eklund et al. put out. One is based on facts and evidence, and the other is baseless speculation.

Quote:
What I'm trying to say is that these guys have broken "stories" before suggesting they have legitimate contacts.
No it doesn't. These guys post hundreds of "rumours" a month, one or two of them are bound to be right. If I predicted 10 trades a day from now until the end of the season, I'll probably get one right too. It doesn't mean I have legitimate contacts, it means I have a generally understanding of team needs and got lucky.

Quote:
However they probably pass through many more rumours that they hear than say B-Mac does because most of their traffic and popularity comes from rumours being discussed. B-Mac is an analyst first and foremost.
I'm not sure how this justifies anything.

Quote:
Plus, this discussion is going on anyway it's not a matter of needing to discuss every rumour it's that we're discussing this stuff anyway and it's for our entertainment value. If you don't want to talk about it then don't. We're on a board that encourages discussions of this kind.
Then why does it even need to be posted? There's a reason why the guys Twitter name is censored from the board.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:38 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Hey guys I don't know if anyones seen but ******* ******** says that the Sens have a deal on the table, Zibanejad + Smith for O'Reilly... BUT THEY WANT SILFVERBERG! Anyone know if this guy is legit?

Old
02-25-2013, 01:43 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Our center depth is pretty set, imo.

Spezza
Turris
Zibanejad
Smith
O'Brien
DaCosta

If only RoR was a winger...

What elite winger out there is available? None. I'd stay we stay course and if we crash and burn we still get a top 5 pick WITH all the assets we currently have and makes our position stronger than ever heading into next year. If we succeed we wait until deadline and see possibilities.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:45 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Then why does it even need to be posted? There's a reason why the guys Twitter name is censored from the board.
I'm not going to get into a long debate about the validity of information. I've already said about a thousand times that the credibility of this guy and Eklund et. al. are next to 0.

However, this is the Trade Rumours and Proposals thread. So, we discuss rumours.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:01 AM
Ed Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Hey guys I don't know if anyones seen but ******* ******** says that the Sens have a deal on the table, Zibanejad + Smith for O'Reilly... BUT THEY WANT SILFVERBERG! Anyone know if this guy is legit?
It doesn't appear as if he's legit but it sounds like a reasonable offer. I'd make that trade (Zibby and Smith) and if Colorado were smart I think they would too. I can't see them doing any better.

If it's true it's interesting that colorado would prefer Silfverberg to Zibanejad. Do they think Silfverberg has a higher ceiling or do they just want the guy who's more ready right now?

Old
02-25-2013, 02:16 AM
Iggy77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wood View Post
If it's true it's interesting that colorado would prefer Silfverberg to Zibanejad. Do they think Silfverberg has a higher ceiling or do they just want the guy who's more ready right now?
Probably this.

They're giving up a player who is NHL ready now. Getting a player or two who might be as good in the future is a tough sell to their fanbase not to mention a risk on their part.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:10 AM
Flamingo

Quote:

You're ignoring the fact that the "rumours" that Bobby Mack puts out are completely different than the "rumours" that Eklund et al. put out. One is based on facts and evidence, and the other is baseless speculation.

Exactly. There's no point comparing a sports journalist, who should follow the reporters' code of ethics and be concerned about his professional integrity, and confirm stories with legitimate sources, with a twitter account if some dude.

Closed Thread