HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 12:30 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
Scored already a big goal Thursday and he played the most ES for a center last night, centering the 1st line in the 3rd period. Chemistry with Kovalchuk made them a consistent scoring threat. First time I see Peter Deboer giving so much and tough minutes to a call-up, particularly after 3 games

At the moment, it's impossible to not like him. Hopefully that's for real, fingers crossed-tight.
Thanks guys. I really am hoping Loktionov has a great NHL career. he has paid his dues and has great playmaking abilities.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:46 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Thanks guys. I really am hoping Loktionov has a great NHL career. he has paid his dues and has great playmaking abilities.
I saw a lot of classy posts from Kings fans for Andrei. That's very cool. Thanks I really hope he'll be fine here.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:15 PM
Billdo

vCash: 50
When Zubrus comes back we could try this, should be relatively successful...

Poni-Henrique-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Clarkson
Zubrus-Lokti-Butler
CBGB

Old
02-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Sinner Devil

I really hope we can sign him next year and he decides to stay in the NHL. I have been very impressed with him and we definitely need a forward like him.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:45 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner Devil View Post
I really hope we can sign him next year and he decides to stay in the NHL. I have been very impressed with him and we definitely need a forward like him.
absolutely. He is looking like a real keeper. Very very impressive in every way. He's faster than advertised as well

Old
02-24-2013, 05:46 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Lotki making an impact again. I'm liking this deal more and more.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:47 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Most were happy with the trade.

Last edited by Semak: 02-24-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: quoting said asinine post
Old
02-24-2013, 05:48 PM
RJK

this kid flashes all over the place. i've noticed a lot so far. him and poni seem to have some chemistry

Old
02-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Sinner Devil

Lets just get him signed now. I can see him being a top 6 forward possibly hopefully that's enough for him not to leave for KHL.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
this kid flashes all over the place. i've noticed a lot so far. him and poni seem to have some chemistry
Well honeslty he seems to have chemistry with anyone not called Krystofer Barch.

Old
02-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner Devil View Post
Lets just get him signed now. I can see him being a top 6 forward possibly hopefully that's enough for him not to leave for KHL.
Lou won't sign him during the season. But I expect he will be interested if Loki's level of play keeps up.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:43 PM
kiwidevil

How has he been apart from his points?

What do you see his ceiling as. Even in his very few games with us so far?

Last edited by kiwidevil: 02-24-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old
02-24-2013, 11:08 PM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post

He's been involved in a good amount of scoring chances. I still don't have a great grasp of his strength's, but he seems to have a knack for offense.

He is small, but not gio tiny.

Also checking his stat's, he's been a solid plus player every season aside from last year with the King's, and he's a +2 in 4 games here. And this is despite the fact that the team has stunk up the joint since he came aboard. So the fears of this kid being a defensive liability appear unfounded.

No idea what King's were thinking giving this guy away.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:46 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

All I can say is this has been our best player arguably for 3 games. And despite this ****** run, he's on a 3 game point streak. Give this man more minutes, and stick Matteau, or other guys with Barch from here on out. He shouldn't be playing less than Matteau or have to be stuck with Barch to start games.

The Kings fans who said Moulson, and some other guys like Boyle who they gave away turned out to be gems, and they think Lokti will be too. I'm really seeing it right now. We gotta do better by this kid, and give him some more time with Kovy. He's sure as hell earned it.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:49 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:

Some Kings fans said he was not good defensively and that's totally and 100% wrong. He was on the PK (not sure what unit because of all the movement in the AHL for the past few seasons with us) but he was a great PKer in Manchester. Not sure he'll ever turn in to an NHL PKer but he's great positionally, and just SO smart. He knows where to be and he also knows where his linemates will be and where to give them the puck.

Ceiling to me is a 2nd line center. He can probably play 1st line duties with Kovie because the two seem like such a good fit (Lokti dishes, Kovie buries) but he's not ever going to be an elite-level player in this league, as very few are.

I compared them before and I will again - think Pavel Datsyuk. Smaller Russian leftie center, both pass first but can score, good hands, solid defensively, incredible vision and passing ability, not physical, and good with their sticks. A very underrated part of Lokti's game is lifting your stick and stealing the puck. Feel free to call him Sexyonov, although I'm the only one that really does.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:55 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Some Kings fans said he was not good defensively and that's totally and 100% wrong. He was on the PK (not sure what unit because of all the movement in the AHL for the past few seasons with us) but he was a great PKer in Manchester. Not sure he'll ever turn in to an NHL PKer but he's great positionally, and just SO smart. He knows where to be and he also knows where his linemates will be and where to give them the puck.

Ceiling to me is a 2nd line center. He can probably play 1st line duties with Kovie because the two seem like such a good fit (Lokti dishes, Kovie buries) but he's not ever going to be an elite-level player in this league, as very few are.

I compared them before and I will again - think Pavel Datsyuk. Smaller Russian leftie center, both pass first but can score, good hands, solid defensively, incredible vision and passing ability, not physical, and good with their sticks. A very underrated part of Lokti's game is lifting your stick and stealing the puck. Feel free to call him Sexyonov, although I'm the only one that really does.
We'll call him a nice gift for in return for beating us in the SCF!

I'm pretty high on this guy myself. He's one of the only things to be happy about this team right now. I hope he does well, and I really don't wanna see him leave for the KHL next year.

He's already got half of Zajac's total points in only 4 games!

For some reason I'm afraid Pete won't leave Zajac off the first line for a while because he's our highest paid, and best center. Loktionov clearly is better with Kovy. The weirdest thing about him is he's produced 3 points in 4 games, and all 3 points I think were on different lines.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:36 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
He seems like a well rounded player perhaps. Noticed too he plays well with Kovy. New line maybe?

Old
02-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
He seems like a well rounded player perhaps. Noticed too he plays well with Kovy. New line maybe?
Hope so! It's only been 3 games, but he's quickly becoming one of my new favorites like Gio!

Old
02-25-2013, 12:47 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Hope so! It's only been 3 games, but he's quickly becoming one of my new favorites like Gio!
He is definitely showing his skill. I am a fan. Will be even better once the rest of the team starts firing.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:48 AM
kiwidevil

Quote:

Thanks a lot mate.

You guys know a lot more about him than us.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:51 AM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:
Feel free to call him Sexyonov, although I'm the only one that really does.
Sexyonov? I can roll with that.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:56 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

I've always been very prone to loving Russians too. I usually root for them if the USA is out in national tournaments.

It's funny cause I'm not Russian, but I'm fond of their players. Always loved Alex Mogilny even before he came to the Devils. Kovy was one of my favorite non Devils players before he came too. Always loved Fedorov also.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:57 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
We'll call him a nice gift for in return for beating us in the SCF!
If you wanted to give us a real gift, PLEASE take Penner and Stool. Please? Won't stop asking until someone does.

Quote:
Thanks a lot mate.

You guys know a lot more about him than us.
No problem. I watch a few Manchester games when I can so I get to see our prospects a fair bit. Kid was ALWAYS the best player on the ice for either team every game I watched. True story - he scored a hatty his first NHL game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
Sexyonov? I can roll with that.
Good.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:01 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
If you wanted to give us a real gift, PLEASE take Penner and Stool. Please? Won't stop asking until someone does.
What do you think Lombardi wants for Penner? Stoll has too many years left for my liking. Penner could be a good rental though.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:06 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
What do you think Lombardi wants for Penner? Stoll has too many years left for my liking. Penner could be a good rental though.
We'll flip you him and a pick for future considerations. Fat ass is a healthy scratch and only shows up for 1 game out of ever 5. If the guy actually moved his skates, he'd destroy the NHL because he's SO strong, big, and can actually move. He just doesn't do it.

Closed Thread