HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Panthers are about to trade everyone

Old
02-24-2013, 09:39 PM
MessierII

vCash: 500
How come I've never seen a single person on this board use a proposal with a team eating some cap space? It's allowed now guys. Use it. It would make a guy like Campbell worth a lot more.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:41 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
How come I've never seen a single person on this board use a proposal with a team eating some cap space? It's allowed now guys. Use it. It would make a guy like Campbell worth a lot more.
We're a budget team? Why would we pay for Campbell to play on another team when he's our best defenseman currently?

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:41 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
What would the Panthers want for Goc? Would picks suffice?

EDIT: What about Connauton + 3rd/4th?
We don't need D prospects, more forwards.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:42 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Theodore loves playing in Florida. Why would he want to go back to a chaotic team like Toronto to end his career. He got a NTC for a reason. If he isn't in our plans moving forward. He'll either retire, or sign with another team in the offseason. I think we'll extend him and get rid of Clemmenson first chance we get anyways and roll a Markstrom/Theodore tandem next year anyways. This mess isn't on him at all. Our team is garbage.
To play in the playoffs and potentially win a Cup?

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:42 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
What would the Panthers want for Goc? Would picks suffice?

EDIT: What about Connauton + 3rd/4th?
Connauton ain't going to cut it at all Vankiller.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:44 PM
MessierII

Quote:
We're a budget team? Why would we pay for Campbell to play on another team when he's our best defenseman currently?
I'm just saying if you were to trade eating 1.5 mil or something would increase the return big time.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:44 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
You're telling me a team like Toronto is a playoff team and a possible cup contender? After they haven't been in the playoffs for 10 years? It's like the Panthers, we had a good season last year, but were no where even close to a cup contender.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:45 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Players don't go to Toronto to make the playoffs or win a cup. At least not the last 8 years. I think he'd rather live in his 5 million dollar mansion in Florida than go to a pressure cooker yet again. He could have got more than $1.5 million in FA IMO but chose to Florida because of location and a NTC was offered.

Last edited by nhlfan9191: 02-24-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old
02-24-2013, 09:50 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
This might be one of the best proposals a leaf fan has made, I would do this as a Panthers fan.
It's probably too much money coming our way. That Grabo contract makes me nervous.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
You're telling me a team like Toronto is a playoff team and a possible cup contender? After they haven't been in the playoffs for 10 years? It's like the Panthers, we had a good season last year, but were no where even close to a cup contender.
They're currently the 7th seed.

You make the playoffs, and it's a crapshoot after that. Toronto can also make other moves to improve their team from now til the deadline.

Toronto also has a better team this year than we had last year, to be fair. They're currently only one of six Eastern Conference teams with a positive goal differential. I actually thought Toronto could've made the playoffs last year without terrible goaltending. They can score and they're physical. Are they favorites on paper? No. But they're a playoff team right now.

If I was a competitor, I'd rather play for Toronto this year than Florida. This might be Theodore's last year. Why would he want to spend it here doing nothing? If he really likes it here and wants to play hockey again, he can just comeback after the year.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Erick

Quote:
Players don't go to Toronto to make the playoffs or win a cup. At least not the last 8 years. I think he'd rather live in his 5 million dollar mansion in Florida than go to a pressure cooker yet again. He could have got more than $1.5 million in FA IMO but chose to Florida because of location and a NTC was offered.
It wouldn't be a pressure cooker. He would be Toronto's backup in all likelihood. It's not like when he played in Montreal when all the pressure was on him.

Theodore has never won a Cup. Maybe he wouldn't go to Toronto because he doesn't like it (we don't know, really), but there's no way he'd be that close-minded to just want to stay here in a losing environment the rest of the year.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:55 PM
FrolikFan67

versteeg for a defenseman. would orpik or niskanen be available for him? who else out there?

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:55 PM
LotteryForLife

Huberdeau?

LotteryForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
versteeg for a defenseman. would orpik or niskanen be available for him? who else out there?
Orpik doesn't really solve anything here.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Pyromaniac3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rielly4 View Post
to:

-Weiss
-Theodore
-2nd round pick 2013

-Grabovski
-Kulemin
-Gunnarsson

i think this trade helps both teams, yes Grabo will be missed in T.O but it will give us a good vet backup for Reimer/Scrivens, a 2nd round pick in a deep draft and a chance to try Weiss between Kessel and Lupul before we make a decision on him in FA. Grabovski will be missed but with Kadri developing into our future 2nd line center Grabos days in T.O with that salary seem numbered. All 3 of those leaf players have had serious success, Kulemin wont go back to 30 goals but he can be a very effective 3rd liner or even 2nd liner with great line mates. Gunner also can be a steady 4/5 d man especially when he doesn't have a hip injury.
I think we are giving up a bit too much for Weiss and a 2nd pick. Let's be serious Theodore is not gonna stay after this season.

This evaluation is based on Toronto's needs:
Weiss>=Grabo
2nd=<Kulemin (2nd round picks very often don't make the NHL, rather keep Kulemin)
Gunnarsson>>Theodore (Gunnarsson top4 dman vs backup goalie which Toronto doesn't need)

Leafs are overpaying considering Theodore won't play for the Leafs.

Leafs decline.

Pyromaniac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:00 PM
thedjpd

Mez + Cousins/Laughton + pick for Campbell + bottom 6 winger, hopefully with some speed and defensive responsibility.

Too much? Too little?

I'd probably pull the trigger as a Flyers fan.

Kimo - Schenn
Campbell - Grossman
Gus - Coburn

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:19 PM
Rielly4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
I think we are giving up a bit too much for Weiss and a 2nd pick. Let's be serious Theodore is not gonna stay after this season.

This evaluation is based on Toronto's needs:
Weiss>=Grabo
2nd=<Kulemin (2nd round picks very often don't make the NHL, rather keep Kulemin)
Gunnarsson>>Theodore (Gunnarsson top4 dman vs backup goalie which Toronto doesn't need)

Leafs are overpaying considering Theodore won't play for the Leafs.

Leafs decline.
why wouldn't Theodore play for the leafs?? And 2nd round picks in a deep draft from a ****** team is pretty valuable, should give us a high rank prospect. Gunnarsson is playing horrible for us right now and we have lots of guys like him now. It takes off Grabos contract which could taint us in the future, and it gives us a chance to try Weiss between Kessel and Lupul which could turn out great while giving Bozak a chance on the 3rd line, which also could turn out great.

For this season, it doesnt really hurt us, and for the future it helps us a lot. For the season it gives us more security in the net, along with a top end talented centre to boost Kessels scoring. I think Bozak will do a better job on the 3rd line then Grabo did, winning faceoffs and working hard. Kulemin really is just horrible, he does all the little things wrong, horrible passes bad positioning, doesnt work hard, but he is a good defensive player with size and a good shot. Grabos salary is way too high if we ever want to add some big name talent to this team guys like Grabo who are mediocre making 5.5 mil need to go. Gunner really isn't needed here anymore and we get a 2nd round pick in a deep draft. Takes a big salary off the books while not hurting us this season with Weiss and Theodore immediately helping us, also if Weiss works out we will surely resign him as the # 1 center. We dont lose anything, all we do is make an extra winger spot available on our team with the loss of Kulemin and Bozak slides to the 3rd line. We get help in net and a 2nd round pick... Also it gives us WAY more options heading into July 1st and the draft.

Last edited by Rielly4: 02-24-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Rielly4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Madhatter73

The Panthers are not going to have a fire sale...

Tallon's plan for the team was always to be patient and wait for the kids to come up. My belief is that his intent is for the Panthers to be a VERY competitive team in 14-15. The majority of the questionable players will have no contract (or only 1 year left) at that point.

Blowing up the team would only make sense if Tallon's expectation was to use these players for a Cup run or if he can get a decent pick back (aka Weiss). There is NO WAY the Panthers will make a serious Cup run until the youth movement is in full effect. They just won't have the skill players available until then.

This is the part the sucks the most and that most poor GMs panic during. The Panthers have had 15 years of fire sales and attempts at quick fixes. It should be blatantly obvious that it doesn't work.

I do, however, see a move or two made to get the team to play harder. Whether that be trading Weiss or firing Dineen, we'll have to see.

Personally, I'd be interested to see what Lindy Ruff still thinks about Florida. He was part of our '96 run after all.

Madhatter73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:57 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Quote:
Connauton ain't going to cut it at all Vankiller.
Well I think the Panthers would be hard pressed to get even a 2nd for him. 3rd + B prospect isn't that bad an offer, assuming that the Panthers were looking to blow it all up.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rielly4 View Post
to:

-Weiss
-Theodore
-2nd round pick 2013

-Grabovski
-Kulemin
-Gunnarsson

i think this trade helps both teams, yes Grabo will be missed in T.O but it will give us a good vet backup for Reimer/Scrivens, a 2nd round pick in a deep draft and a chance to try Weiss between Kessel and Lupul before we make a decision on him in FA. Grabovski will be missed but with Kadri developing into our future 2nd line center Grabos days in T.O with that salary seem numbered. All 3 of those leaf players have had serious success, Kulemin wont go back to 30 goals but he can be a very effective 3rd liner or even 2nd liner with great line mates. Gunner also can be a steady 4/5 d man especially when he doesn't have a hip injury.
Hahahahahahhaa. This is godawful.

Leafs say hell no!

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
Quote:
Orpik doesn't really solve anything here.
Would Niskanen?

Seriously though, I've been a fan of Versteeg since he was a Blackhawk, it would be awesome to see him in a Pens uniform.

Realistically though, I think the Panthers will keep him.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 03:50 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
I think it's too early to write off the season for Tallon, but if he does, I wonder if he'd do Future Considerations (Luongo and TBA pending season outcome)for Mattius and Gudbranson?

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 03:56 AM
drizzydrew22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Would Niskanen?

Seriously though, I've been a fan of Versteeg since he was a Blackhawk, it would be awesome to see him in a Pens uniform.

Realistically though, I think the Panthers will keep him.
def. not! hes a soft player and all of us pens fans should know that soft players dont work well under bylsmas system

drizzydrew22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 05:55 AM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
I think it's too early to write off the season for Tallon, but if he does, I wonder if he'd do Future Considerations (Luongo and TBA pending season outcome)for Mattius and Gudbranson?
sooo you mean if we decide to tank, we trade away a young center and one of our best young defencemen for luongo....? yea makes sense to me

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 06:03 AM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/02/28/weiss_leafs/

It is from sportsnet so I am not 100% how credible it is but take it for what it is. My only prob is he an upgrade on Bozak?

EDIT: How about sending Theodore TOR way. I like Scrivens and all but a vet would be ideal for this team.
At this stage, the Leafs have no rrason to upset the apple-cart (given how well they've played thus far). Even if they suddenly take a nose-dive and suck for the rest of the season (which could easily happen like it did last season), it would still be inadvisable to waste futures on yet another short-term fix.

Whether Weiss wants to play for the Leafs or not is pretty much irrelevant right now since the Leafs have no real need to acquire him, especially with him playing uninspired hockey this season. At this point, Weiss is not an upgrade over Bozak.

As for Theodore, his services are not required in Toronto as both Reimer and Scrivens have played better than him. At this point, acquiring Theodore just to be a "veteran presence" would be nothing more than an unnecessary waste of assets.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote