HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Viewing Party@ACC Feb 23rd vs Sens+free food

Old
02-23-2013, 12:58 PM
TheDream

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringthecuphome View Post
anyone know how someone could possibly still get tickets?
I saw a few on Kijiji but they weren't free

TheDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:11 PM
black charger

Lots on kijiji for $10.

black charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:12 PM
akiberg8

i have 4 upperbowl ones im not using tonight, anyone who wants them PM me

first come first serve

akiberg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:39 PM
CanadasTeam

Off to the party -- GO LEAFS GO!!

CanadasTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:36 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Any idea when is a good time to head down? These are first come first serve right, so when will the good seats start being taken?

Lebanese Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

Am giving away 3 tickets. PM me.

If you PM after 4, I might not reply immediately.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

I'm in the place as well if people want to pool together

02-23-2013, 11:11 PM
JVR or Bust
Crease Crasher

That was a lot of fun, minus the end of course. Funny to see what real fans can make a building sound like, even if it was only 1/2 full.

JVR or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:30 AM
kesleaf

It was AWESOME! The crowd was insane! There were only like 6000-7000 fans in attendance but it was loud as ****!

It was a great time, though. If MLSE decide to do this again, I urge everyone that missed out to go!

kesleaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:31 AM
LeafsGuru93
me & Dave Ellett

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesleaf View Post
It was AWESOME! The crowd was insane! There were only like 6000-7000 fans in attendance but it was loud as ****!
That's what happens when you get Real Fans in the ACC!!!!

They will mostly do it again for the playoffs road games like they did before.

That was sweet that Wendel showed up!! I was in section 117.. & Wendel was being interviewed in 118!!!

It's not how they died that made them heroes, it's how they lived, putting others safety 1st, each & every day. Thanks Toronto police for keeping us safe. -RIP Sgt. Ryan Russell, Const. Garrett Styles.
LeafsGuru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:43 AM
black charger

I thought it was sold out.Would have went if I knew it was empty.Maybe scalpers with tickets they couldn''t sell or Leaf haters scooped up the tickets and didn't show up to make the team look bad.

black charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:01 PM
CanadasTeam

Had a great time, what a night!

Thanks MLSE for the free hotdog/pizza, popcorn, drinks, chocolate bar, the free t-shirts, free leaf flags/banners, 40% off all merchandise (grabbed a Sittler #27 3rd jersey) and tshirt.

There was entetraiment between periods, mascott competition (so who did the harlem shake? I know me and my girl did ours, lol), and Wendel clark even show up! ACC had game atmosphere (national anthem, goal horn, announcements of scorers, etc), best part was Alfie getting boo'ed in two arenas simultaneously

Old
02-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Remotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadasTeam View Post

Thanks MLSE for the free hotdog/pizza, popcorn, drinks, chocolate bar, the free t-shirts, free leaf flags/banners, 40% off all merchandise (grabbed a Sittler #27 3rd jersey) and tshirt.

There was entetraiment between periods, mascott competition (so who did the harlem shake? I know me and my girl did ours, lol), and Wendel clark even show up! ACC had game atmosphere (national anthem, goal horn, announcements of scorers, etc), best part was Alfie getting boo'ed in two arenas simultaneously
They completely butchered the harlem shake lol

Remotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Hurt

Quote:

That sounds like a great time!

02-24-2013, 04:12 PM
kesleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsGuru93 View Post

That was sweet that Wendel showed up!! I was in section 117.. & Wendel was being interviewed in 118!!!
Yep loved the Wendel bit! So they've done something like this before during the playoffs? The atmosphere was amazing yesterday so I can't imagine what a playoff game would be like with many more fans in attendace

Quote:

That was sweet! I especially enjoyed that race around the rink by the goalies who were hitting, running into each other, throwing pylons at each other to slow them down lol that was pure awesome.

kesleaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:53 PM
LeafsGuru93
me & Dave Ellett

Quote:

I know they opened up the ACC during the playoffs one year when the Leafs were on the road. But now with the big screen outside the ACC, I think many people will just watch it on there, cause it's a lot bigger then the Score board.

LOL, tell me about that... that was hilarious!!

I did the harlem shake... even the usher guy did it. It was cool that they had both the Canadian flag & Leafs flag going around the ACC during the National Anthem.

It was sweet that Andy Frost was announcing the goals.

& Clark got modded after his interview in section 117... (I ran out of 118 to 117) but there were tones of people there already waiting for him. They had to get extra security in there to take him out. There was a see of people following the security guards down the hall.

LeafsGuru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:36 PM
JVR or Bust
Crease Crasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsGuru93 View Post

Same here, it was awesome to see Wendel that close. The Harlem Shake was super butchered but it was still a lot of fun. My friend went down to the glass during the third and he caught a home jersey, lucky SOB. I have a video of the goalie race and the Harlem Shake as well if anyone wants to see them. Great time honestly. Would do it again minus the free perks.

JVR or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:17 PM
29Potvins

Yeah, it was really nice of MLSE to do it. I had a great time, but couldn't bring myself to buying a Leafs jersey, even with the 40% off

I think MLSE should do these viewing parties more often, and see if they can coordinate it with the Marlies games. Example, I was at the Marlies game yesterday, and it would've been awesome to have a shuttle to the ACC after the Marlies game. I mean it would be a great way to sell some more Marlies tickets if they offered a viewing party ticket and a complimentary shuttle.. Toronto hockey Saturdays or something.

29Potvins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:04 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29Potvins View Post
Yeah, it was really nice of MLSE to do it. I had a great time, but couldn't bring myself to buying a Leafs jersey, even with the 40% off

I think MLSE should do these viewing parties more often, and see if they can coordinate it with the Marlies games. Example, I was at the Marlies game yesterday, and it would've been awesome to have a shuttle to the ACC after the Marlies game. I mean it would be a great way to sell some more Marlies tickets if they offered a viewing party ticket and a complimentary shuttle.. Toronto hockey Saturdays or something.
Am I the only one who got free Marlies tickets?

TonsofPuppies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:02 AM
CanadasTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesleaf View Post

It was a great time, though. If MLSE decide to do this again, I urge everyone that missed out to go!
Agreed -- try to make it next time it was worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonsofPuppies View Post
Am I the only one who got free Marlies tickets?
Congrats! I totally missed out where were they handing them out from?

Old
02-25-2013, 12:26 AM
The Lollipop King
4th Line = all heart

Me and my buddy were given pucks signed by Carelton the bear, and during the 2nd period they said who ever had these pucks would get to meet Wendel Clarke. So we went down to fan services (they said to go there) and they brought us to a room and said someone would come by and take us to meet Wendel....no one ever came and when we went back to fan services to ask what was going on they said he already left.

It was a bit disappointing thinking we were going to meet Wendel and then they just ****ed it up.

Still a fun night though despite the ****** ending to the game.

The Lollipop King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:04 AM
Caveman

I wonder why they limited it to 6-7k .. when the leafs played the kings in game 7 almost the whole skydome was full to watch the game.. obviously the seats that couldn't view the screen were empty but there was 40k+.

No free anything tho.. except entry..

Jays did the same back then.. no booze sold.. so you had to pack your ziplock bags with your liq and fill up your pop cups in the washroom

Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:13 AM
CanadasTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
I wonder why they limited it to 6-7k .. when the leafs played the kings in game 7 almost the whole skydome was full to watch the game.. obviously the seats that couldn't view the screen were empty but there was 40k+.

No free anything tho.. except entry..

Jays did the same back then.. no booze sold.. so you had to pack your ziplock bags with your liq and fill up your pop cups in the washroom
I think the 6-7k are those who showed up. The rest of the tickets? who knows, we saw some tried selling them through Kijiji and the rest just couldn't make it.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:21 AM
Caveman

Quote:
I think the 6-7k are those who showed up. The rest of the tickets? who knows, we saw some tried selling them through Kijiji and the rest just couldn't make it.
True.. were any sections totally empty?

Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:26 AM
CanadasTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
True.. were any sections totally empty?
Pretty much everyone were scattered throughout the lower and upper bowl, majority I'd say around the center ice.

The ACC I believe can hold up to 52K? Sections I noticed were totally empty were mostly the corners of the arena and upper deck/purples.