HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Cole + Subban + 1st 2013

Old
02-22-2013, 11:14 PM
Zathronas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
what the **** is this thread? i don't even...

Habs aren't making this deal
This is a value thread just wondering the value with any combinations of the 3 I mentioned.

Of course they won't trade all three but any of those for a good return would not surprise me.

Why do I think they might trade any of those?

Subban has been under-utilized these past games

Cole isn't playing bad these last few games but with his retirement statement and has been playing soft at times.

If we continue like we are our first could be a late round pick ( I'm hoping ) we could use it for something interesting

not saying they will but it makes for a good speculation

Zathronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:35 PM
McMercy

Love Subban but!

Subban too rich for Edmonton. I'd do Gagner or Hemsky + both second round picks and an top Ahl prospect for Galchenyuk. Maybe even throw a 2014 1st in there instead of one of the seconds.

McMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:07 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93calder2012 View Post
Subban too rich for Edmonton. I'd do Gagner or Hemsky + both second round picks and an top Ahl prospect for Galchenyuk. Maybe even throw a 2014 1st in there instead of one of the seconds.
wow! thank you, but no thanks

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:21 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 340
Quote:
Wow, are you serious?

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 05:55 AM
Greenstickytoes*

Subban plus a 1st rounder would prob get you Couturier and Simmonds
from the flyers.

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 06:37 AM
JesusBouillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Subban has a ton of value. He doesn't need to be sent anywhere with Cole or a first.

Subban and a 1st won't get you Sidney Crosby but -- in my opinion (and it is only my opinion Edmonton fans do not need to agree with it) -- it could net you someone like Yakupov.
Really? That would be super.

Pass.

JesusBouillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
To get back to the OP, if you remove Cole from the deal and say, add a third (minor difference, imo) it wouldn't get you a Crosby but I think someone like Karlsson is good value for Subban + 2013 1st + 2013 3rd.
no, not its not - its terrible value and ottawa wouldnt consider this trade, further they dont consider it if its Subban, Galchenyuk and your 1st either.
Karlsson is irreplaceable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Yeah, I get that, and MTL isn't trading away PK, also they aren't insanely far apart as far as value goes.. I was talking strictly player value.
yes, yes they are extremely far apart. Karlsson dominates hockey games and controls the flow of the game for the 28 minutes/ night he plays, is the premier defenceman in the NHL and perhaps the best player in the game.
Subban is a good young defenceman.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:34 AM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

The Habs are not in a position to deal Subban or their 1st right now.

They're off to a great start and that's great to see. But they definitely cant afford to sell off their future.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 06:05 PM
McMercy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Wow, are you serious?
Yep, Yak and Galchenyuk together again. Galchenyuk has size, good attitude, appears to be defensively responsible and is young. I wanted the oil to pick him last year. Sacrifices have to be made but not with the current high end talent. Gagner has huge potential but is more like a winger, due to size and defensive responsibility. I might be out to lunch but I would give up a lot for the right piece. I'd trade Whomever Mtl didn't take for a physical winger with top 6 potential. We have been building and losing for a long time, taking a risk on Galchenyuk putting him with Yakupov will increase the speed of development for both players. Subban would be great but will want salary sooner than Galchenyuk.

Old
02-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Yep, Yak and Galchenyuk together again. Galchenyuk has size, good attitude, appears to be defensively responsible and is young. I wanted the oil to pick him last year. Sacrifices have to be made but not with the current high end talent. Gagner has huge potential but is more like a winger, due to size and defensive responsibility. I might be out to lunch but I would give up a lot for the right piece. I'd trade Whomever Mtl didn't take for a physical winger with top 6 potential. We have been building and losing for a long time, taking a risk on Galchenyuk putting him with Yakupov will increase the speed of development for both players. Subban would be great but will want salary sooner than Galchenyuk.
well it's irrelevant because you're not getting Galchenyuk

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 06:11 PM
McMercy

Just another crazy Oiler Fan!

It's nice to dream though.

Old
02-25-2013, 06:30 PM
leafsrule123

Grabo and Komseriek for Cole, Subban and 1st...I could see Montreal having to add though...haha jk

leafsrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote