HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 11:57 PM
Ollie Weeks

vCash: 500
Great idea Ziggy, Weaver would be a huge pickup for the remainder of the season.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:25 AM
Richie10

Wasn't it Weaver that scored a late goal in a late season game that ended up getting us points that caused us to eventually lose the tiebreaker to Tampa Bay, thus losing out on Stamkos? Maybe it was Willsie.

I'm all for bringing back Weaver if the price is right, of course. With virtually no updates on Mitchell and what seems to be a shroud of total secrecy surrounding the entire strange situation, I don't see him coming back anytime soon.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:29 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookKing View Post
Weaver would more than replace Greene. In last years playoffs Florida wanted Weaver on the ice whenever Kovalchuk was on the ice. I know this is hard to believe but it is true.
Weaver doesn't equate to Greene. Two different players in some key regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/02/18/line-change/

http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/02/09...rt-february-9/

I haven't kept up with the whole argument, but if you're arguing about Nolan playing on the third line, he was there with Richards and King from the Detroit game through the Chicago game.
Thanks for posting that. Clears up things somewhat.

As for Weaver, if the price is decent, grab him. But I wouldn't overpay for him, and if Florida is selling at the deadline they'd likely fetch a 2nd for him. To me, that's to much for him.

He may be getting more than 20 minutes a game, but two questions I have about that. Firstly, how well is Florida doing? They are dead last in goals against and 5th worst in shots against. I know that's not all on the D, but it's telling.

Secondly, would Weaver really be getting 20 minutes a game if Jovanovski was healthy? Jovo wasn't getting great ice time before he was hurt, but odds are he'd have taken a few minutes away from a guy like Weaver if he was.

I'd take him over Muzzin, but I wouldn't overpay him.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:31 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Wasn't it Weaver that scored a late goal in a late season game that ended up getting us points that caused us to eventually lose the tiebreaker to Tampa Bay, thus losing out on Stamkos? Maybe it was Willsie.
Weaver didn't play for us in the 2007-2008 season, so it wasn't him.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:54 AM
Vino

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Nolan to me is a 4th line player. This is my basic argument i guess i'm alone in it.
No, you are not. Nolan is fourthliner. Clifford - Fraser - Nolan is a good energyline.

I'd like to see Linden Vey there between those big boys, because he is more skilled and better playmaker and shooter than Fraser. But obviously Vey is not defensively and physically ready, yet.

And I hope, that Sutter reunites King-Stoll-Lewis -line again, but it gonna happen when we are playing and winning like now.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:56 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post

I'm all for bringing back Weaver if the price is right, of course. With virtually no updates on Mitchell and what seems to be a shroud of total secrecy surrounding the entire strange situation, I don't see him coming back anytime soon.
You're probably thinking of Brian Willsie. The Kings beat the Sharks in the 2nd to last game of the season, although it wasn't Willsie who scored the game winner.
http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxs...804030LAK.html

As for Weaver, like you and kingsfan said, my thinking is Weaver would be a decent option at an affordable price and not someone the Kings would have to overpay for.

It also helps that Weaver is locked up for an additional year, just in case Ellerby doesn't look like he can cut it and if Drewiske departs, the Kings can have Weaver as a solid option as a #6-7 defenseman, although right now he would be more of a #3-4 defenseman after Doughty, Voynov, and Scuderi.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:03 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
No, you are not. Nolan is fourthliner. Clifford - Fraser - Nolan is a good energyline.

I'd like to see Linden Vey there between those big boys, because he is more skilled and better playmaker and shooter than Fraser. But obviously Vey is not defensively and physically ready, yet.

And I hope, that Sutter reunites King-Stoll-Lewis -line again, but it gonna happen when we are playing and winning like now.
Well to me id like to see clifford up at least on the 3rd line but thats another discusion i think. Clifford is so underrated but as long as we re winning im sure lewis is staying on the 2nd. I wouldnt mind seeing vey up but i think tg was right saying its still to early in there development. So if we re going to the farm I would like to see kozan given a shot. I belive hes developed as much as hes going.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:08 AM
gonnaneedsomewine

I was never a big fan of King last year, I liked Nolan a lot more and still do. King is just such a poor skater in my opinion.

I'd trade King in a package with Muzzin for Paajarvi, like kingsfan has speculated. I'd also trade him for some defensive depth if a team is looking for some size on the wing.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:46 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
You're probably thinking of Brian Willsie. The Kings beat the Sharks in the 2nd to last game of the season, although it wasn't Willsie who scored the game winner.
http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxs...804030LAK.html
Oh Captain.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Renaud Lavoie reporting that Simon Gagne could be on his way out.
http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/60.../155506/public

Google Translate:
Quote:
Let's get one thing straight, Simon Gagne is healthy. If only played eleven games (0-5-5 2) this season, it is a decision point line coach. His ice time average is also only 13 minutes 45 seconds per game.
What makes me say that if things do not change quickly, the name of Simon Gagne will be on the market transactions and tell you that the Kings will find a buyer if they decide to trade.
Earned is recognized as an attacker offensive, but also knows success defensively, while most of his coaches have also used shorthanded.
It passes the final year of a two-year contract and will become an unrestricted free agent in July. A manager who I talked to today, told me that there was no doubt that Gagné could end up with a formation that seeks depth in attack, especially with the many wounded some teams now.
And Renaud Lavoie was right.

Last edited by Ziggy Stardust: 02-26-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old
02-25-2013, 10:11 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Dwight king brings nothing to the table. Not good offensively, not good defensively. Doesn't hit, doesn't fight, doesn't use his size, isn't gritty, doesn't provide energy.

He's not an NHL player.

Whether or not we can get something for him in a trade is irrelevant. He simply shouldn't be in the lineup.
Posts like this aggravate me. The guy hasn't even played 50 games in the NHL. Young guys should be given a chance to learn and grow. I hate his new if he doesn't score right away he is worthless.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Now with a roster spot open as a result of the Gagne trade, wondering if someone will be coming back off of the inactive list or if they bring somebody from Manchester up.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
Now with a roster spot open as a result of the Gagne trade, wondering if someone will be coming back off of the inactive list or if they bring somebody from Manchester up.
Was just wondering the same thing...

Old
02-26-2013, 03:26 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
probably amart.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:28 PM
SuperAlmeida

I would give Kozun or Vey a shot! Maybe Kozun first.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:32 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
I would give Kozun or Vey a shot! Maybe Kozun first.
I agree with what tg said earlier this month about vey needing more time down there. Kozun has nothing left to prove imo Time for his cup of coffee at least. I see king going to the bench and kozan being his replacement on the 3rw

Old
02-26-2013, 03:54 PM
SDGolfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LombardiTool View Post
Posts like this aggravate me. The guy hasn't even played 50 games in the NHL. Young guys should be given a chance to learn and grow. I hate his new if he doesn't score right away he is worthless.
you just have to chuckle and move on after reading posts like that, they're not even worth responding to.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Johnny Utah

I think the Kings stand pat. Brad Richardson and Campbell are the extra skaters and when Martinez returns Muzzin or Ellerby goes to the press box with Campbell and Richie. That makes 3 extra players.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:01 PM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
LAK have quality depth with kids Tyler Toffoli-Tanner Pearson-Linden Vey playing as a line Manchester (AHL). Deal also opens up cap room.
Thumb up!

Old
02-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I think the Kings stand pat. Brad Richardson and Campbell are the extra skaters and when Martinez returns Muzzin or Ellerby goes to the press box with Campbell and Richie. That makes 3 extra players.
I'd think that you'd want 2 extra forwards and 1 extra d, isn't that how most teams are?

Old
02-26-2013, 04:45 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
I'd think that you'd want 2 extra forwards and 1 extra d, isn't that how most teams are?
When you have injury problems on d, you want as many extra defensmen around as you can get.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:47 PM
deeshamrock

Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP
@MFsix LA have $9.2M projected cap space per @capgeek - plenty of space to make moves.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP
@MFsix LA have $9.2M projected cap space per @capgeek - plenty of space to make moves.
That's a whole lot of space even after resigning the RFA. Maybe one more Ryan like player.....

Actually second thought. We don't have the room Witt cap down to 64m. That's likely only enough to resign the vets and give the kids a raise. No real long term room unless pancakes moves somewhere else.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
The Bouwmeester idea presented in the Gagne trade thread is highly plausible from my perspective. We have a lot of things Calgary needs (read: JB) and they could hold some salary back to make next year's cap hit easy for us to take on.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:05 PM
damacles1156

Doubt Lombardi trades Johnny B to the West. It would have to be a really good deal.

No reason to strengthen a West rival, and face Johnny B four to six times a year.

Plus early rounds of playoff's.

Closed Thread